International School / Nursery in Pattaya

JusticeFT96

Hi there,

We are currently living in England at the moment, I want to move back to Thailand but my biggest worry about it all is that I want my son to have a good education and to speak good English. I would be working away a lot and I understand that my wife and her family would be talking in Thai most of the time so he wouldn't be naturally learning it at home. I would like him to speak both languages if possible but I would like his first language to be English.

I have heard horror stories about the price to enrol children in international schools. I am quite young and not rich but I have a good job and I can live a comfortable life of the wage I earn so monthly or yearly price as long as its reasonable is not so much a problem but I really dont have 600,000 lying around to enrol my son in certain schools if what I have heard is true.

Does anyone have any experience of this and any recommendations? This is the main thing holding me back right now from moving over there. If I could find a good international school for him that is of a good standard, safe and trustworthy then I would seriously consider moving back there.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Honestly, the OP is too vague and speculative to provide a useful response or to take the time and effort to provide one (and from the looks of it, you haven't either). Suffice it to say that for a 3 year old there are some very good 70/30 (English/Thai) pre-schools that satisfy your stated requirements in the Pattaya area for B30,000 per term x 3. When he reaches 6 and starts first grade, the choices are less and the price goes up significantly, and finding a good one can be a challenge. The minimum both in terms of school fees and acceptable quality (there is some relationship between cost and quality, but it is not perfectly linear) is probably a school called Mooltripakdee International School at about B80,000 per term x 3, so about B240,000 per year, which is less than half of the B600,000 you mention in you post. I have no idea if that reduces your angst. You certainly can pay that much, but you don't need to and many say that the "value/quality for the money spent" at schools with such fees is pretty low. You can check Regent's School, St. Andrews (probably regarded as the best international school in the greater Pattaya area), International School of the Eastern Seaboard (probably the most expensive international school, and regarded highly), Garden International School (Ban Chang), Assumption (only for boys, in Sri Ratcha). The value/price ratio at Assumption is among the highest. All have web sites and post their fees therein. So, bottom line, when your son reaches first grade, expect to pay B300,000 per year, including after school classes, uniforms and other expenses (they add up quickly). And that amount will grow along with the child. I have 2 daughters, ages 6 and 4, one in pre-school and one in 2nd grade at an all English international school and my annual school fees for the two are about B600,000 at the present.

My 3 minutes to waste are up.....

My 5 year old son attends Maryvitt but it is not an international school but never the less extremely demanding and +80% ends up at university. Self riding students on scooters is strictly prohibited and they don't bugger off in the middle of school day as you see often in public schools.

He have had some problems there, don't want to go, he-he but I don't blame him, I was a lousy student myself and consider myself lucky than I am an engineer today and have a fairly good job in the off-shore industry.

For me being a Danish I think it's better to stay in Thailand than Denmark, if we go to DK it will be for good but my wife don't want to go and I prefer Thailand as well despite all the flaws.

I son can already say the English alphabet and can count too. If we were in DK he wouldn't even have started in school yet and it will be Danish language in the first years, English first comes later and only as a distant 2nd language.

I make sure when he watch cartoons on either TV or YouTube that it is in English ONLY, kids at that age just suck it up and understands.

For OP being a British it's a bit more difficult choice than mine but we have some British expats in my village and their kids also attends Maryvit expect one family that have chosen Mooltripakdee International School as Thailaw mention in his post above mine.

We have put my son on waiting list on above school but I am not sure we gonna move him if/when the offer comes.

My sons school fee are currently app 60K baht per year which I find fair. The parents are from of all walks of life, I seen people in Porsche/Mercedes cars dropping off their kids and police men on scooters and perhaps 15-20% of the kids are of mixed heritage, especially in the lower classes.

If you have the option OP try living here 1 year first and see how it goes.

My 5 year old son attends Maryvitt but it is not an international school but never the less extremely demanding and +80% ends up at university. Self riding students on scooters is strictly prohibited and they don't bugger off in the middle of school day as you see often in public schools.

He have had some problems there, don't want to go, he-he but I don't blame him, I was a lousy student myself and consider myself lucky than I am an engineer today and have a fairly good job in the off-shore industry.

For me being a Danish I think it's better to stay in Thailand than Denmark, if we go to DK it will be for good but my wife don't want to go and I prefer Thailand as well despite all the flaws.

I son can already say the English alphabet and can count too. If we were in DK he wouldn't even have started in school yet and it will be Danish language in the first years, English first comes later and only as a distant 2nd language.

I make sure when he watch cartoons on either TV or YouTube that it is in English ONLY, kids at that age just suck it up and understands.

For OP being a British it's a bit more difficult choice than mine but we have some British expats in my village and their kids also attends Maryvit expect one family that have chosen Mooltripakdee International School as Thailaw mention in his post above mine.

We have put my son on waiting list on above school but I am not sure we gonna move him if/when the offer comes.

My sons school fee are currently app 60K baht per year which I find fair. The parents are from of all walks of life, I seen people in Porsche/Mercedes cars dropping off their kids and police men on scooters and perhaps 15-20% of the kids are of mixed heritage, especially in the lower classes.

If you have the option OP try living here 1 year first and see how it goes.

You are very right, Guzzi. Maryvit is a well regarded Thai school, and the school fees are reasonable. but, so far as I know, English is taught as a foreign language (which to most Thais it is), and all instruction is in Thai. I do not believe that it has an "English Program", like Phoenix and Sathit both have (70/30 English/Thai). But, in any event, none of those schools (Maryvit being the best of the Thai schools IMO) fit the OPs requirements -- "a good international school ... with English as his first language" and Sathit and Phoenix aren't very good schools in any event (obviously, parents with children at those schools will disagree with my last statement).

Thanks for the replies, apologies for the earlier posts, I was being tormented by my son whilst trying to write this out so I couldn't fire off all the questions I had in mind.

I was looking at the Garden International School earlier and it was around 90k per term x 3. Still quite a lot of money for me but I would be happy spending that if the education was good. Hopefully by the time he reaches the age that the school fees rocket my wages will have done the same as I will be more experienced and can demand a better wage.

Now I have got a bit more spare time on my hands (hes been dumped onto his grand parents ;) ) I am going to have a good search to see what they are all like.

I have lived in Pattaya for 2 years prior to coming back to the UK to work and I really enjoyed it, a lot of things bug me but not nearly as much as they do in the UK. Things are simpler and easier in the UK but its miserable and a work to survive attitude rather than work to live. I would much rather spend the rest of my life enjoying it rather than worrying and working myself into an early grave.

I would most likely move to the Bang Saray Area as before and he would be driven to school every day. I think I have already made my mind up that I am going to move there but the school is going to be a tough decision to make thats why I posted here to see what other parents in the area thought of schools based on real experience rather than hear say.

Any more posts more than welcome :)

Well I am 52 years old now and lets face it, I will likely be gone when my son is 25-35 years old so I think it's better he gets integrated in Thai society as best as possible and by attending a Thai school he will do just that.

He will still have the benefits of dual citizen ships and despite many here will say: you have to put you kid(s) in an international school or you are a cheap cxxx, well I don't look at it that way, I think he will have just the same options by attending his current school.

Since I been living here for over 12 years, I don't think that living in Thailand is that bad or I would have been gone long time ago so I see nothing wrong with this school my son current attends.

If my son is smart enough to go to a Thai university later on I will be very happy, he will be the first I know from my side of the family that did go to university.

I am sorry but as a father myself, I cannot believe the self centred posts in this thread, where the fathers make every excuse possible to justify their residence in Thailand at the expense of their child's education. I suggest that they venture to JP Bar and speak to the leuk kreung waiter there and ask him how his life has panned out after being passed through the Thai education system.

I looked at all international options and they are all rubbish when compared to paying in the west or even free education from a top government funded school. Go below this into the realms of "more affordable" schooling in LOS and whilst it shines compares to the Issan village school, it does not prepare a child for an international life, with international costs.

The hard truth is that unless you are really wealthy, multi million dollar wealthy, then educating a child in a Thai school or low to middle ranking fee paying school is consigning that child to a life of relative poverty, trapped by a financial and educational inability to leave LOS and all so what ? dad can live somewhere which provides ample opportunities for cheap sexual thrills ?

If you have to be in LOS, and very very few really have to be in LOS, then use an international school; it is the best they have. However, for the sake of the child, get out of Dodge City and educate them somewhere better. Put the child's needs first.

I will be getting my son into my business once he has finished with education unless of course he excels and starts a career of his own. He will never be poor I will make sure of that.

I'm 32 I have a lot of life left in me hopefully and once he is 18 if his education doesn't look promising I'll be teaching him my trade and he will be a very well off young man especially in Thailand.

I attended uk schools and had terrible exam results and really took no notice in classes and I have had just as good jobs as most who went into uni and graduated. The only difference is there is more opportunities in the UK to find work and climb the ladder regardless of education.

The way the UK is right now with drugs becoming such a social normality I don't want my son anywhere near it.

In a few years time it could be very likely that I move to Australia anyway for work but I would like to see how it goes in Thailand first.

Phoenix Wittaya School is a decent nursery school.

They must have been on a Thai advertising campaign though because it doesn't look 70/30 foreign/thai to me although that doesn't bother me.

Good facilities & a good staff to child ratio although most are assistants.

The infants seem happy & well cared for, they do learn so much just by being & playing with other children including social skills which they don't really get at home unless there are a gang of siblings about.

As long as they are cared for & enjoy the learning environment that you have time to find your feet.

Proper schooling begins at home but the education gets into proper full swing from about 8/9/ years old IMO.

'Give me the boy until he is seven & I will give you the man'

I am sorry but as a father myself, I cannot believe the self centred posts in this thread, where the fathers make every excuse possible to justify their residence in Thailand at the expense of their child's education. I suggest that they venture to JP Bar and speak to the leuk kreung waiter there and ask him how his life has panned out after being passed through the Thai education system.

I looked at all international options and they are all rubbish when compared to paying in the west or even free education from a top government funded school. Go below this into the realms of "more affordable" schooling in LOS and whilst it shines compares to the Issan village school, it does not prepare a child for an international life, with international costs.

The hard truth is that unless you are really wealthy, multi million dollar wealthy, then educating a child in a Thai school or low to middle ranking fee paying school is consigning that child to a life of relative poverty, trapped by a financial and educational inability to leave LOS and all so what ? dad can live somewhere which provides ample opportunities for cheap sexual thrills ?

If you have to be in LOS, and very very few really have to be in LOS, then use an international school; it is the best they have. However, for the sake of the child, get out of Dodge City and educate them somewhere better. Put the child's needs first.

a bit sad this is.

My son is 5 is really pretty good now in speaking, reading and writing in Thai and English. Math is not bad either for his age. Has Chinese class (speaking) 2x a week. Does homework (Thai, Eng, Math) everyday after school for about 1 hour. No fancy international school mind you, just a good quality local school here in Bangkok.

Now if I can recall when I was 5, I could speak English pretty good and read English a bit but not as good as I could speak. This is with the quality western education from the west.

In comparison: I believe my 5 year old is far ahead of me at the same age.

Thanks for the replies, apologies for the earlier posts, I was being tormented by my son whilst trying to write this out so I couldn't fire off all the questions I had in mind.

I was looking at the Garden International School earlier and it was around 90k per term x 3. Still quite a lot of money for me but I would be happy spending that if the education was good. Hopefully by the time he reaches the age that the school fees rocket my wages will have done the same as I will be more experienced and can demand a better wage.

Now I have got a bit more spare time on my hands (hes been dumped onto his grand parents ;) ) I am going to have a good search to see what they are all like.

I have lived in Pattaya for 2 years prior to coming back to the UK to work and I really enjoyed it, a lot of things bug me but not nearly as much as they do in the UK. Things are simpler and easier in the UK but its miserable and a work to survive attitude rather than work to live. I would much rather spend the rest of my life enjoying it rather than worrying and working myself into an early grave.

I would most likely move to the Bang Saray Area as before and he would be driven to school every day. I think I have already made my mind up that I am going to move there but the school is going to be a tough decision to make thats why I posted here to see what other parents in the area thought of schools based on real experience rather than hear say.

Any more posts more than welcome :)

My daughter is at Garden International School and has been since we moved here when she was 10. So is now 17 and doing IB. It's a good school and very supportive of the students. We had some teenage issues with our daughter and the school counsellor was a great help. The fees at nursery level are reasonable and even at IB level only a little over 300k. If your son has a Thai passport you get 10% discount even if he has dual nationality. There is a van service that picks up in Bang Saray so transport would be easy. By the way Bang Saray is a great choice plus you have la taverna restaurant there, one of the best italian/pizza restaurants in the area.

a bit sad this is.

My son is 5 is really pretty good now in speaking, reading and writing in Thai and English. Math is not bad either for his age. Has Chinese class (speaking) 2x a week. Does homework (Thai, Eng, Math) everyday after school for about 1 hour. No fancy international school mind you, just a good quality local school here in Bangkok.

Now if I can recall when I was 5, I could speak English pretty good and read English a bit but not as good as I could speak. This is with the quality western education from the west.

Your post is as sad (at least from your child's perspective) as SGD's post, which as between the two is more on target that yours. There really is no such thing as "a good quality local school ... in Bangkok" (I assume that by "local" you mean "government run"). Just look at any of the evaluations of Thai public schools against those of other countries -- Thailand is at the bottom of the heap, especially in English training, and you are setting your son up for that same position in life. And comparing your son's academic progress to yours are the same age is total nonsense -- all of today's kids are ahead of where you were at the same age; it's called progress. Your son will compete against other kids of the same age, here in Thailand and outside Thailand, although with the education you are providing him, there is/will be little opportunity for the latter -- you are sticking his feet in Thai cement, and he will likely sink as a result. And why would you take a chance on your child's future for a few thousand Dollars a year? IMO, it is a sign of a lack of caring and totally screwed up priorities. If you can't do better than that for your kids, you shouldn't have them -- "Bonkers in Bangkok".

My son is in his 2nd year at Mooltripakdee (MIS) after 2 years (pre-K and K) in a mid-range Udon Thani private Thai school. He is enjoying MIS immensely and with the assistance of some extra lessons, his English abilities are quite good. MIS is on the 'dark side' and we are living less than 10 minute drive from the school which is a huge bonus but even if we were living further away, I would be making sure either my wife or I would be doing the school runs. Consigning ones kids to a minibus drive, although practical, is just a bit too risky for us. In a similar way, any schools that are in or around Sukhumvit would mean lots of time on the road, mostly stuck in traffic. If the OP likes Bang Saray, then for the transportation issues alone, GIS is a no-brainer. However, he could also look at cheaper housing around Ban Chang and may have even better transport experience. Pattaya is still only about 35 minutes away.

There's a couple of International schools on the dark side, with MIS as mentioned towards the north (Highway 7) and Tara Pattana which is is on the south-end of the dark side. My lads fees for second year, first term were a bit under 70k baht and if I recall correctly from shopping last year, Tara Pattana were about 20k baht higher. Both schools benefit from being rural campuses so no goofing off to the nearest 7-eleven and the like.

a bit sad this is.

Your post is as sad (at least from your child's perspective) as SGD's post, which as between the two is more on target that yours. There really is no such thing as "a good quality local school ... in Bangkok" (I assume that by "local" you mean "government run"). Just look at any of the evaluations of Thai public schools against those of other countries -- Thailand is at the bottom of the heap, especially in English training, and you are setting your son up for that same position in life. And comparing your son's academic progress to yours are the same age is total nonsense -- all of today's kids are ahead of where you were at the same age; it's called progress. Your son will compete against other kids of the same age, here in Thailand and outside Thailand, although with the education you are providing him, there is/will be little opportunity for the latter -- you are sticking his feet in Thai cement, and he will likely sink as a result. And why would you take a chance on your child's future for a few thousand Dollars a year? IMO, it is a sign of a lack of caring and totally screwed up priorities. If you can't do better than that for your kids, you shouldn't have them -- "Bonkers in Bangkok".

Just to keep things fair and balanced: English buddy of mine become the atypical bar owner in Pattaya and had a luek krueng son with his first wife. No big investment in anything beyond a local (yes, 100% Thai) education at which he wasn't exceptional. Last I saw him he was about 11 years old and running errands on his dads motorbike. I finally got to meet him again after 20 years and he's a now chief helicopter pilot in the offshore sector. Not a whole helluva lot of 'Thai cement' around his ankles wouldn't you agree?

Actually, I don't care if you disagree. The OP is seeking advice on his young kids educational START in an International school. Save your opinions on the dubious value of a Thai education for someone who is actually debating that.

Edited by NanLaew

a bit sad this is.

local school = private school. sorry to confuse you.

a bit sad this is.

Just to keep things fair and balanced: English buddy of mine become the atypical bar owner in Pattaya and had a luek krueng son with his first wife. No big investment in anything beyond a local (yes, 100% Thai) education at which he wasn't exceptional. Last I saw him he was about 11 years old and running errands on his dads motorbike. I finally got to meet him again after 20 years and he's a now chief helicopter pilot in the offshore sector. Not a whole helluva lot of 'Thai cement' around his ankles wouldn't you agree?

Actually, I don't care if you disagree. The OP is seeking advice on his young kids educational START in an International school. Save your opinions on the dubious value of a Thai education for someone who is actually debating that.

Perhaps you didn't notice, but I was responding to two earlier posts on the value (or lack thereof) of a Thai education. I did not start the discussion/debate, only added (IMO usefully) to it. And that you can find one example of "success" (aka "luck") really doesn't say much/anything, but that you have your own child in an "international" school kind of does. I am sure that you can provide equally useful examples of 5th grade drop outs in the UK that have made millions and Harvard graduates that are living on the street. And I expect that we both don't care what the other thinks or if they agree or disagree. And your advice about opinions is good and noted, and you should follow it. Next............

Honestly, the OP is too vague and speculative to provide a useful response or to take the time and effort to provide one (and from the looks of it, you haven't either). Suffice it to say that for a 3 year old there are some very good 70/30 (English/Thai) pre-schools that satisfy your stated requirements in the Pattaya area for B30,000 per term x 3. When he reaches 6 and starts first grade, the choices are less and the price goes up significantly, and finding a good one can be a challenge. The minimum both in terms of school fees and acceptable quality (there is some relationship between cost and quality, but it is not perfectly linear) is probably a school called Mooltripakdee International School at about B80,000 per term x 3, so about B240,000 per year, which is less than half of the B600,000 you mention in you post. I have no idea if that reduces your angst. You certainly can pay that much, but you don't need to and many say that the "value/quality for the money spent" at schools with such fees is pretty low. You can check Regent's School, St. Andrews (probably regarded as the best international school in the greater Pattaya area), International School of the Eastern Seaboard (probably the most expensive international school, and regarded highly), Garden International School (Ban Chang), Assumption (only for boys, in Sri Ratcha). The value/price ratio at Assumption is among the highest. All have web sites and post their fees therein. So, bottom line, when your son reaches first grade, expect to pay B300,000 per year, including after school classes, uniforms and other expenses (they add up quickly). And that amount will grow along with the child. I have 2 daughters, ages 6 and 4, one in pre-school and one in 2nd grade at an all English international school and my annual school fees for the two are about B600,000 at the present.

My 3 minutes to waste are up.....

Maybe "too vague and speculative" but yet gives a whole bunch of pretty good advice.

a bit sad this is.

Perhaps you didn't notice, but I was responding to two earlier posts on the value (or lack thereof) of a Thai education. I did not start the discussion/debate, only added (IMO usefully) to it. And that you can find one example of "success" (aka "luck") really doesn't say much/anything, but that you have your own child in an "international" school kind of does. I am sure that you can provide equally useful examples of 5th grade drop outs in the UK that have made millions and Harvard graduates that are living on the street. And I expect that we both don't care what the other thinks or if they agree or disagree. And your advice about opinions is good and noted, and you should follow it. Next............

Yes, I did see that you were responding to totally OFF TOPIC advice. The OP has labeled the thread with 'international', is seeking advice solely on 'international' options and hasn't asked for any advice on the efficacy or otherwise of a Thai schooling.

And yes, I have another example of another friends luek kreung daughter who performed exceptionally well at a 'local' school; a very, very bright spark. She is now a cashier in a gogo bar.

I refer to your valuable opinion, "If you can't do better than that for your kids, you shouldn't have them..." I mean who died and made you Education Secretary?

BTW, perhaps you didn't notice but you have well exceeded your self-imposed 3 wasted minutes.

Edited by NanLaew

Hello all,

Have just signed up today to Thai Visa and was just about to post a similar question as the original poster (like the username by the way!).

We have recently moved down from Isaan to Naklua area and would like any info on nurseries / kindergarten for our 2 year old lad around this area..

Most of the good options seem to be South of Pattaya or over Sukhumvit Rd, (Maryvit or Hastins.), and was hoping something closer to North Pattaya

His Mums Thai but we speak English at home, so his English is just starting to improve day by day now.

We are planning to move to Oz in a year or so, and wanted to put him in a daycare that is at least 80% English speaking.

Concerned he will lose the English if he goes into the nursery at Aksorn in Naklua, which is a good school but no real English speaking teachers for the younger ones.

Any information is appreciated.

James

Welcome to the forum James.

Get a list & call into the ones that are most convenient for you firstly.

Go to the office & tell them your requirements & ask them to show you about.

It's best to have a little list of questions for them.

Bring the missus & your child.

See what takes your fancy as some have excellent facilities for these pre-schoolers

Hello all,

Have just signed up today to Thai Visa and was just about to post a similar question as the original poster (like the username by the way!).

We have recently moved down from Isaan to Naklua area and would like any info on nurseries / kindergarten for our 2 year old lad around this area..

Most of the good options seem to be South of Pattaya or over Sukhumvit Rd, (Maryvit or Hastins.), and was hoping something closer to North Pattaya

His Mums Thai but we speak English at home, so his English is just starting to improve day by day now.

We are planning to move to Oz in a year or so, and wanted to put him in a daycare that is at least 80% English speaking.

Concerned he will lose the English if he goes into the nursery at Aksorn in Naklua, which is a good school but no real English speaking teachers for the younger ones.

Any information is appreciated.

James

I am not being sarcastic or condescending (this time) but type naklua kindergarten into any google-powered search engine. You will be amazed.

I was anyway (sarcasm).

I had already tried a Naklua nursery/kindergarten google search, but I kept getting referred to Montessori school, which no longer exists.

It's now MIS I think.?

Either that I was referred to old Thai Visa threads from 2-3 years ago, so I thought I would join TV to ask for relevant new information , from people who have lived in the Pattaya region longer than me.

From previous internet searches, I was getting the link for MIS, but the page does not open, if anyone knows the address it would be appreciated.

Going to look at Hastin this afternoon, but we didn't really want to cross Sukhumvit if it could be avoided, seems all good options are over towards Nongprue though?

Thanks for all information, sarcastic and otherwise!

James

Yes, Montessori was in Naklua and is now Mooltripakdee on the dark side. My lad just started his second year there and the place is pretty full in the Primary grades and I have read of waiting lists but not sure how packed their Pre-K and K is. Worth a visit as it's a short drive, between Highway 7 and the waterworks road. Even coming from Naklua, you only have a short zig-zag across Sukhumvit.

There's also a place called Ladybird just south of Soi Siam Country Club at the traffic lights at Nongprue.

Edited by NanLaew

Thanks NanLaew,

Do you have the address of Mooltripakdee?

The link for their website doesn't seem to want open for me.

We went to Hastin today and was impressed with the kindergarten, teachers and all the kids seemed really happy .

Was told English taught 70%, Thai 30%, so I am happy with that.

But the missus wasn't keen on driving across the train tracks with broken traffic lights...?

Not sure if that is temporary or permanent..

MIS sounds like a good option as well would like to give it a look before making the decision.

Cheers

James

Thanks NanLaew,

We went to Hastin today and was impressed with the kindergarten, teachers and all the kids seemed really happy .

But the missus wasn't keen on driving across the train tracks with broken traffic lights...?

MIS sounds like a good option as well would like to give it a look before making the decision.

Cheers

James

I can definitely vouch for Hastin's. My daughter attends there and has done well and is happy there. 70/30 sounds about right. The staff there are very professional and and as you say there is always a good vibe there, a real genuine warmth. I really can't speak highly enough of the place. 60k per year is very reasonable too.

As for the lights, they never work, but that is a good thing, they were working once and it was complete chaos. For drop off and pick up times the traffic isn't that bad there, I certainly wouldn't let that stop you.

Thanks NanLaew,

Cheers

James

Looks like their website has crapped out again. It is located on Chaiyapoonwiti 25 and well signposted.

If you have GPS, they are at 12°56'54.98"N 100°56'57.04"E

post-35874-0-91633500-1410230448_thumb.j

Road 3240 is the Waterworks Road which starts on Sukhumvit just north of the main junction into Naklua. Otherwise take Highway 7 and exit at the Crocodile Farm, stay on feeders and use the flyover.

Thanks for that.

Though it looks like it will be Hastin.

Ended up missing a turn off on the way to MIS and ended up nearly back in Isaan!

A bit more straight forward for the missus driving straight to Soi Siam country club (Hastin), from Naklua as I am away working every other month.

Thanks for all the help, its appreciated .

This is the first online forum I have joined by the way, although I have been a reader of TV for several years now, and it has definitely helped me out alot while settling in Thailand.

Cheers

James