Red shirts in Japan ‘plot’ against coup

Lite Beer

In a way I see a funny side to this business in Japan, with these desperate redshirts airing their underwear in Tokyo regarding the coup.

Was not really a coup, but, was it ? When you consider the Encyclopedia Britannica description of a "coup d'etat" is - "a sudden attempt by a small group of people to take over the government usually through violence"..............

"Violence" ? .......this latest coup was not violent, anything but. In fact after the military takeover occurred the killings stopped, mainly the killing of anti-government protesters by Thaksin's redshirts. So it was actually a "quasi-coup".

And what will the crazy redshirts do about it ? Launch a coup of their own to cancel it out, a-la 2010 ? whistling.gif

look at your definition

"usually through violence"...." not always through violence.

Start with a false premise and the go to town with it, talk about whistling.gif

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The group tried to submit their letter to the prime minister but no representatives of the Japanese government came out to meet them, the source said."

The prime minister would rather meet and rub some breasts of some AV star than to even give a piss about some thai terrorists.

Let the Japanese police arrest these disgraceful scums.

It's pretty evident, Prayuth is doing a great job, and is pushing the country forward. And if anyone... ANYONE, opposes such greatness, it truly shows the true intentions of the resistance. It's people like these who divide Thais, always against a side, never thinking for one minute, if that "enemy" is doing a good job, we should congratulate him, since he is making all Thais have a better country each day.

"The group tried to submit their letter to the prime minister but no representatives of the Japanese government came out to meet them, the source said."

The prime minister would rather meet and rub some breasts of some AV star than to even give a piss about some thai terrorists.

It's pretty evident, Prayuth is doing a great job, and is pushing the country forward. And if anyone... ANYONE, opposes such greatness, it truly shows the true intentions of the resistance. It's people like these who divide Thais, always against a side, never thinking for one minute, if that "enemy" is doing a good job, we should congratulate him, since he is making all Thais have a better country each day.

I didn't include the beginning of your response .... Rubbing breasts, piss, terrorists and scum seemed to distract from your point.

I think many people see that good things have happened since the good general took over the country. As you say "it's pretty evident". The question many people have on their minds is what happens if he starts doing things that aren't so good.

I am sure he is a very nice man with the best of intentions. With the country under martial law, being governed by threat of military intervention and having large swaths of information banned from the public, we should be grateful he is.

• Like 1

There is only one way to get the full support of all Thais and that is to make Thailand a better place for all Thais. It means modernization, economical development, improved healthcare and education, reduce crime and stamp out corruption and feudalism through REAL reforms and changes. The current government has the power to do so, and I hope they do, otherwise Thailand has very bleak future prospects.

• Like 1

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

Please freeze all assets of that entire disgusting family in Thailand.

Forget about trying to do clever deals with them. It is would the same as doing deals with Putin or the Islamic State. Don't listen to them. Just shoot them 'em all down.

Oh yeah, that would go down well, should the Junta just line up all the women and children of that family and shoot them down, just like what IS(IS) have been, and are doing in the thousands in Syria and Iraq?

How about they do it and post it on youtube as well, may as well go the whole way and rape the females, and behead the kids.. is that satisfactory enough to you?? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I didn't include the beginning of your response .... Rubbing breasts, piss, terrorists and scum seemed to distract from your point.

I think many people see that good things have happened since the good general took over the country. As you say "it's pretty evident". The question many people have on their minds is what happens if he starts doing things that aren't so good.

I am sure he is a very nice man with the best of intentions. With the country under martial law, being governed by threat of military intervention and having large swaths of information banned from the public, we should be grateful he is.

Excellent post and why the pessimists on this site (read as mostly those who constantly be ridden the Junta) are not worth debating with or why one's skims past their posts. And why the Junta has taken the actions it has in Thailand and in regard to thai's world wide like this group in Japan.

The dribble on this site is constant from the "democracy is elections only" and "all coups are bad" pessimistic flat earthers, and throw in also some from the other side who are equally as pessimistic, yet as can be seen the Junta is doing many good things. There is another excellent post from Ginboy 2 #205 just above which I notice was liked by the usual all coups are bad mob and not by a single one from the other mob who if they did as Ginboy said and reversed the roles would have agreed with that post that summaries the exact position in this country - the same can be said to either side which is 100% correct. Which when one does with your post also reverse the groups is :- I am sure Yingluck had good intent, the country being dragged into the gutter, being governed by not a threat but actually by thugs killing citizens with no police action, and having large swaths of information withheld from the public and governing bodies, there was no choice of Thaksin being a nice man with the best of intentions because simply Thaksin was a scumbag. Which brings it to the point that Thailand had failed no matter what option one chose.

So right now the junta is doing good things and is promising and progressing their way quickly through reform as opposed to the failed state that Thailand had become but yet people still spouse dribble of what if! Jeez bloody george. Sadly I agree with a lot of people when they say Thailand attracts the lowlife of western countries. Identifiable by being negative on all their views on life. And boy is this site full of it. Right now Thailand has the advantage of having a positive thinking leader at the helm, and who knows what tomorrow will bring. Chances are when positive people with a mission plotted out are at the helm building teams around them then tomorrow will be good and one can look at the 33% of thai's who do support corruption as being the wine glass being one third full and slowly filling every day under the Junta. In spite of the negative flat earthers be they all nationalities hiding out on TV, or thai's in their scum holes in Dubai, Japan, London and elsewhere being negative to protect their gain only rather than being contributors for the benefit if all thai's and Thailand.

Edited by Roadman

Excellent post and why the pessimists on this site (read as mostly those who constantly be ridden the Junta) are not worth debating with or why one's skims past their posts. And why the Junta has taken the actions it has in Thailand and in regard to thai's world wide like this group in Japan.

The dribble on this site is constant from the "democracy is elections only" and "all coups are bad" pessimistic flat earthers, and throw in also some from the other side who are equally as pessimistic, yet as can be seen the Junta is doing many good things. There is another excellent post from Ginboy 2 #205 just above which I notice was liked by the usual all coups are bad mob and not by a single one from the other mob who if they did as Ginboy said and reversed the roles would have agreed with that post that summaries the exact position in this country - the same can be said to either side which is 100% correct. Which when one does with your post also reverse the groups is :- I am sure Yingluck had good intent, the country being dragged into the gutter, being governed by not a threat but actually by thugs killing citizens with no police action, and having large swaths of information withheld from the public and governing bodies, there was no choice of Thaksin being a nice man with the best of intentions because simply Thaksin was a scumbag. Which brings it to the point that Thailand had failed no matter what option one chose.

So right now the junta is doing good things and is promising and progressing their way quickly through reform as opposed to the failed state that Thailand had become but yet people still spouse dribble of what if! Jeez bloody george. Sadly I agree with a lot of people when they say Thailand attracts the lowlife of western countries. Identifiable by being negative on all their views on life. And boy is this site full of it. Right now Thailand has the advantage of having a positive thinking leader at the helm, and who knows what tomorrow will bring. Chances are when positive people with a mission plotted out are at the helm building teams around them then tomorrow will be good and one can look at the 33% of thai's who do support corruption as being the wine glass being one third full and slowly filling every day under the Junta. In spite of the negative flat earthers be they all nationalities hiding out on TV, or thai's in their scum holes in Dubai, Japan, London and elsewhere being negative to protect their gain only rather than being contributors for the benefit if all thai's and Thailand.

all coups aren't bad

this one is the good coup

I fail to understand why some posters believe that only red shirts are opposed to a coup? blink.png

Ahh my friend you have clearly failed to understand the nature of a good deal of the keyboard warriors that frequent this place. They see everything with an extreme unquestioning certainty:

All Reds are Bad, All Yellows are Good

Thaksin is evil, Suthep is a Saint

PTP ripped off the country, the Dem's were above graft

Of course feel free to reverse all the names, since that works just as well.

Some of us foolishly believe that the world is a lot more nuanced. There are people in this country of all persuasions that disapprove of a coup, even if they despised the PTP government. There are also PT supporters and officials who weren't out to line their pockets, as equally there were Democrat politicians who had happily lined their pockets in the years BT (before Thaksin). The again there were also democrat governments that did good, others didn't. Some of Thaksins policies aided a lot of very poor people, others didn't.

What a frikkin messy world ain't it?

...unless of course you view your world through the spectacles of moral absolute certainty, coupled with a good dose of short sighted lens correction

Every country on this planet no matter what political system they have in place, has from time to time a charismatic leader come along and win the hearts and minds of the people, sometimes good things result more often it turns out for the worse. In my home country a female politician captured the leadership of the country in a political vacuum, consolidated her position in what became a jingoistic war, and ruled unchecked through the 1980's. Eventually she was overturned in a political coup, but for at least a decade afterwards her supporters, who included those from all levels of society, mourned her political passing and plotted to bring her back to what they considered was her God-given right to run the country. Eventually another politician came along with beaming smile and flashing teeth who, even though he was supposed to be from the other side of the political divide, charmed the exact same people with promises of wealth and status and started the whole process again.

I don't see Thailand as any different from anywhere else as far as political theory goes, it has all been written down in dusty tomes that can be found by anybody who cares to search them out, the next charismatic Thai politician of the future is out there somewhere, the trick is backing the right horse early and ending up on the right side of history.

• Like 1

".......the military could have easily ensured a peaceful election." Only with permission of the incumbent government, which would have meant controlling their red thugs. "Seriously weakened" is a euphemism for voted out, but only if opposition candidates were allowed to campaign in all areas, including red villages and UDD heartland, WITHOUT harassment.

Perhaps you should look at it more as stopping the killing, rather than preventing an election. Or is the death of innocents in political violence an acceptable price for a faux-democracy.

"Only with permission of the incumbent government..."

Are you intentionally being funny? We're discussing a military junta that came to power through a coup, and you state they wouldn't act without permission from the incumbent government.

I believe the military could have ensured a peaceful election simply by stating they wanted it to happen and would not tolerate disruptions. There still might have been minor cases of harassment, which the police and military should have worked to prevent, but nothing like the wholesale violence and intimidation staged by Suthep's thugs that obstructed and invalidated the February election.

"Perhaps you should look at it more as stopping the killing, rather than preventing an election. Or is the death of innocents in political violence an acceptable price for a faux-democracy."

Funny, the army was willing to stage a bloody street-clearing crackdown in 2010 in defense of an unelected government, but would do nothing to protect an elected government in 2013-2014. I wonder why.

You're quite humourous yourself. You want the military to act outside the orders of the government, but decry a coup. There might still be minor cases of harassment of opposition in red areas, but you don't say how many thousands of soldiers it would require to reduce it to a minor level. And the wholesale violence was down to suthep's thugs, while it is red shirts who have arrested for killing those children.

The 2014 situation was obviously a bit "sticky" for you, so let's drag out the 2010 chestnuts - repeating lies doesn't make them true.

Was the RTA ASKED by Yingluk to protect her government, or should they have acted without orders? There was no government at the time of the coup, it had resigned under popular pressure from the people of Thailand sickened at their criminal behaviour, and the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP.

In the last month, I've asked every Thai I've talked to in BKK and Pattaya what they think about this. I have yet to hear one who isn't happy with the way things are. They just wanted somebody to come in and start dealing with the fighting and corruption. That may be one reason why the anti-junta groups are keeping a low profile -- they are just too small of a minority. At least with the last government, all Thais were united in finding _something_ to hate about the government and system. lol

all coups aren't bad

Right, the very first good coup ever.

It's also pretty evident that the junta is doing good things. Mostly plans for the future, no details on these plans just general statements of goals, and nobody bothers to describe accomplishments to date, but it's pretty evident nonetheless.

all coups aren't bad

Right, the very first good coup ever.

It's also pretty evident that the junta is doing good things. Mostly plans for the future, no details on these plans just general statements of goals, and nobody bothers to describe accomplishments to date, but it's pretty evident nonetheless.

Every Thai person I know is now happy.

job done.

OK, when do we get our freedom back?

GP: 'I don't have a time frame ... I don't want it to become an obstacle'

Obstacle to what? Oh, that. OK, sure, carry on General.

".......the military could have easily ensured a peaceful election." Only with permission of the incumbent government, which would have meant controlling their red thugs. "Seriously weakened" is a euphemism for voted out, but only if opposition candidates were allowed to campaign in all areas, including red villages and UDD heartland, WITHOUT harassment.

Perhaps you should look at it more as stopping the killing, rather than preventing an election. Or is the death of innocents in political violence an acceptable price for a faux-democracy.

"Only with permission of the incumbent government..."

Are you intentionally being funny? We're discussing a military junta that came to power through a coup, and you state they wouldn't act without permission from the incumbent government.

I believe the military could have ensured a peaceful election simply by stating they wanted it to happen and would not tolerate disruptions. There still might have been minor cases of harassment, which the police and military should have worked to prevent, but nothing like the wholesale violence and intimidation staged by Suthep's thugs that obstructed and invalidated the February election.

"Perhaps you should look at it more as stopping the killing, rather than preventing an election. Or is the death of innocents in political violence an acceptable price for a faux-democracy."

Funny, the army was willing to stage a bloody street-clearing crackdown in 2010 in defense of an unelected government, but would do nothing to protect an elected government in 2013-2014. I wonder why.

You're quite humourous yourself. You want the military to act outside the orders of the government, but decry a coup. There might still be minor cases of harassment of opposition in red areas, but you don't say how many thousands of soldiers it would require to reduce it to a minor level. And the wholesale violence was down to suthep's thugs, while it is red shirts who have arrested for killing those children.

The 2014 situation was obviously a bit "sticky" for you, so let's drag out the 2010 chestnuts - repeating lies doesn't make them true.

Was the RTA ASKED by Yingluk to protect her government, or should they have acted without orders? There was no government at the time of the coup, it had resigned under popular pressure from the people of Thailand sickened at their criminal behaviour, and the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP.

"You're quite humourous yourself. You want the military to act outside the orders of the government, but decry a coup."

No, I wanted the military to make it clear there would be no coup, that they stood by to support the elected government, and to stay in the barracks until called upon. I wanted the military to act like a military in a real democracy. The fact that they didn't act this way is one of many reasons why I question their qualifications for preparing Thailand for 'real democracy'.

I never wrote that the whole violence was down to Suthep's thugs, there was violence committed in the name of both sides. But the violence and intimidation that resulted in the February election being invalidated was done by Suthep's thugs, and it was their threat to do it again in July that is commonly used to justify the coup. Of course the coup was what they wanted, Suthep's protesters were filmed dancing in the streets after it was announced. By staging the coup Prayuth rewarded the people who used violence and illegal protests that gridlocked the capital and government. The military, with Suthep's support, used a very different tactic in 2010.

"The 2014 situation was obviously a bit "sticky" for you, so let's drag out the 2010 chestnuts - repeating lies doesn't make them true."

2010 is very pertinent, and has been referenced more than once by the pro-coup posters. Referencing the past history of the military and the record of military juntas gives useful insight into the objectives and probable actions of this junta History illustrates that the military has an obvious bias against and lack of respect for democracy. Of course history doesn't support your arguments or faith in the junta, so you object to it being referenced.

Also, don't accuse people of lying without identifying the lies. It makes you appear foolish and immature.

"the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP."

Yeah, sure:

"On the eve of the election date, violence erupted again in Bangkok after PDRC demonstrators blocked the delivery of ballot boxes from the Lak Si district office in northern Bangkok; opposition was also presented by a group of around 200 government supporters. A group of PDRC armed men started a gunfight[149][150][151] and numerous gunshots were exchanged, leaving at least six people injured.[152] As a consequence of the violence, the EC decided to suspend Sunday voting in the Lak Si district.[153] Voting was also cancelled in the provinces of Krabi, Chumphon, Trang, Phangnga, Phatthalung, Phuket, Ranong, Songkhla and Surat Thani due to a shortage of ballot papers.[154] The PDRC guards "pop corn gunman" who used a M16 rifle at pro government protester was later arrested and confessed the weapon he used was handed by a PDRC guards chief.[155][156]

Although Suthep repeatedly claimed that his cause is peaceful and "without weapons", photos and video of the clash clearly showed protesters wearing the green armband of the PDRC guard using weapons such as assault rifle.[157][158][159] The integrity of Suthep's statement, affirming that the demonstrations would not obstruct voting on 2 February,[160] was not maintained, as anti-government protesters blocked delivery of ballot boxes in addition to preventing people from submitting their votes.[161][162][163]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Thai_political_crisis#February_2014_election

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

In the last month, I've asked every Thai I've talked to in BKK and Pattaya what they think about this. I have yet to hear one who isn't happy with the way things are. They just wanted somebody to come in and start dealing with the fighting and corruption. That may be one reason why the anti-junta groups are keeping a low profile -- they are just too small of a minority. At least with the last government, all Thais were united in finding _something_ to hate about the government and system. lol

Right, your experience accurately reflects the mood of all of Thailand, and has nothing to do with censorship, martial law, broad interpretation of LM laws and harsh penalties against those who say the wrong thing.

I think the support for the junta is so overwhelming they should hold a referendum on their continued rule, just to silence the critics.

"You're quite humourous yourself. You want the military to act outside the orders of the government, but decry a coup."

No, I wanted the military to make it clear there would be no coup, that they stood by to support the elected government, and to stay in the barracks until called upon. I wanted the military to act like a military in a real democracy. The fact that they didn't act this way is one of many reasons why I question their qualifications for preparing Thailand for 'real democracy'.

I never wrote that the whole violence was down to Suthep's thugs, there was violence committed in the name of both sides. But the violence and intimidation that resulted in the February election being invalidated was done by Suthep's thugs, and it was their threat to do it again in July that is commonly used to justify the coup. Of course the coup was what they wanted, Suthep's protesters were filmed dancing in the streets after it was announced, so Prayuth rewarded the people who used violence and illegal protests that gridlocked the capital and government. The military, with Suthep's support, used a very different tactic in 2010.

2010 is very pertinent, and has been referenced more than once by the pro-coup posters. It illustrates the obvious bias of the military and its lack of respect for democracy.

"the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP."

Yeah, sure:

"On the eve of the election date, violence erupted again in Bangkok after PDRC demonstrators blocked the delivery of ballot boxes from the Lak Si district office in northern Bangkok; opposition was also presented by a group of around 200 government supporters. A group of PDRC armed men started a gunfight[149][150][151] and numerous gunshots were exchanged, leaving at least six people injured.[152] As a consequence of the violence, the EC decided to suspend Sunday voting in the Lak Si district.[153] Voting was also cancelled in the provinces of Krabi, Chumphon, Trang, Phangnga, Phatthalung, Phuket, Ranong, Songkhla and Surat Thani due to a shortage of ballot papers.[154] The PDRC guards "pop corn gunman" who used a M16 rifle at pro government protester was later arrested and confessed the weapon he used was handed by a PDRC guards chief.[155][156]

Although Suthep repeatedly claimed that his cause is peaceful and "without weapons", photos and video of the clash clearly showed protesters wearing the green armband of the PDRC guard using weapons such as assault rifle.[157][158][159] The integrity of Suthep's statement, affirming that the demonstrations would not obstruct voting on 2 February,[160] was not maintained, as anti-government protesters blocked delivery of ballot boxes in addition to preventing people from submitting their votes.[161][162][163]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Thai_political_crisis#February_2014_election

Nice wiki links, did you write them yourself? Care to move past the 2nd of Feb and comment on the violence in the almost 4 months before the coup took place?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/23/us-thailand-protest-idUSBREA1M02H20140223

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/07/15/four-arrested-big-c-bombing-which-killed-two-children

http://holiday-bangkok.blogspot.com/2014/02/six-members-of-noodle-selling-family.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Violent-attacks-hit-multiple-sites-in-Bangkok-30230102.html

http://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/thailand-another-grenade-m79-attack-on-anti-government-protesters-on-chaengwatta

Would you like a few hundred more?

Edited by halloween

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

Forget about trying to do clever deals with them. It is would the same as doing deals with Putin or the Islamic State. Don't listen to them. Just shoot them 'em all down.

Isn't advocating violence illegal under martial law and against forum policy?

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

I never wrote that the whole violence was down to Suthep's thugs, there was violence committed in the name of both sides. But the violence and intimidation that resulted in the February election being invalidated was done by Suthep's thugs, and it was their threat to do it again in July that is commonly used to justify the coup. Of course the coup was what they wanted, Suthep's protesters were filmed dancing in the streets after it was announced, so Prayuth rewarded the people who used violence and illegal protests that gridlocked the capital and government. The military, with Suthep's support, used a very different tactic in 2010.

2010 is very pertinent, and has been referenced more than once by the pro-coup posters. It illustrates the obvious bias of the military and its lack of respect for democracy.

Yeah, sure:

Nice wiki links, did you write them yourself? Care to move past the 2nd of Feb and comment on the violence in the almost 4 months before the coup took place?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/23/us-thailand-protest-idUSBREA1M02H20140223

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/07/15/four-arrested-big-c-bombing-which-killed-two-children

http://holiday-bangkok.blogspot.com/2014/02/six-members-of-noodle-selling-family.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Violent-attacks-hit-multiple-sites-in-Bangkok-30230102.html

http://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/thailand-another-grenade-m79-attack-on-anti-government-protesters-on-chaengwatta

you don't really seem to be making an interesting point, do you?

See, people like myself and the other poster don't condone the violence from any group. Not from protestors, not from police, not from the army.

I've noticed that some of the more pro-junta-oriented posters commented that the dead red shirts in 2010 had the option of going home before getting themselves killed.

People like myself who believe in freedom, human rights and other such nonsense don't ever make that argument. Not now, not then.

See, people like myself and the other poster don't condone the violence from any group. Not from protestors, not from police, not from the army.

I've noticed that some of the more pro-junta-oriented posters commented that the dead red shirts in 2010 had the option of going home before getting themselves killed.

People like myself who believe in freedom, human rights and other such nonsense don't ever make that argument. Not now, not then.

That's nice for you, but I'm sure the parents of those three murdered children would rather have them alive, and would happily give up a little freedom and your precious human rights to have that. Which is why most of the parents whose children are still live are glad the violence has stopped, and couldn't give a rat's anus about what YOU believe.

Nice to see you don't condone violence from any group, but a bit hypocritical to vehemently support the most violent.

Edited by halloween

That's nice for you, but I'm sure the parents of those three murdered children would rather have them alive, and would happily give up a little freedom and your precious human rights to have that. Which is why most of the parents whose children are still live are glad the violence has stopped, and couldn't give a rat's anus about what YOU believe.

Nice to see you don't condone violence from any group, but a bit hypocritical to vehemently support the most violent.

hmmm, ' vehemently support the most violent'

why don't you just show me a bit of that?

See - you can't. You're just making that up.

I shop at that big c where the kids were killed and I have kids of my own. I can't imagine what those parents feel. But I can come close.

I recall all that sympathy you recently expressed for the parents of the 17 year old boy shot in the head by the army.

By the way, giving up freedom to have one's children back is a false choice. Another non-point thrown out there with poorly formed logic.

Yeah, sure:

Is that it? You're going to completely ignore the significant part of my post:

"I wanted the military to make it clear there would be no coup, that they stood by to support the elected government, and to stay in the barracks until called upon. I wanted the military to act like a military in a real democracy. The fact that they didn't act this way is one of many reasons why I question their qualifications for preparing Thailand for 'real democracy'."

and:

"I never wrote that the whole violence was down to Suthep's thugs, there was violence committed in the name of both sides. But the violence and intimidation that resulted in the February election being invalidated was done by Suthep's thugs, and it was their threat to do it again in July that is commonly used to justify the coup. Of course the coup was what they wanted, Suthep's protesters were filmed dancing in the streets after it was announced, so Prayuth rewarded the people who used violence and illegal protests that gridlocked the capital and government. The military, with Suthep's support, used a very different tactic in 2010."

and:

"2010 is very pertinent, and has been referenced more than once by the pro-coup posters. It illustrates the obvious bias of the military and its lack of respect for democracy."

Instead you are going focus on my response to your ridiculous claim that "the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP." by suggesting that a quote from Wikipedia using facts supported by credible, referenced sources is somehow not credible. You are welcome to discredit the Wikipedia information if you can, I welcome you to try.

Instead you are going focus on my response to your ridiculous claim that "the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP." by suggesting that a quote from Wikipedia using facts supported by credible, referenced sources is somehow not credible. You are welcome to discredit the Wikipedia information if you can, I welcome you to try.

I'll give it a try. Only a fool would believe everything found in Wikipedia.

But getting back to the op, even I was surprised to read the news about the redshirts or UDD supporters demonstrating in Japan. Thought it was a bit crazy, what did they think Japan would do about it ?

Edited by mikemac

Isn't advocating violence illegal under martial law and against forum policy?

If you want examples of material which is against forum policy, start by reading your own anti-junta comments. whistling.gif

in october there is the Asia-Europe meeting in italy

new thai PM Prayuth should be there too,with Merkel,Renzi,Hollande......

i expect some red shirts to join as well,because thai law is not effective in europe haha what a joke but not too much..

But getting back to the op, even I was surprised to read the news about the redshirts or UDD supporters demonstrating in Japan. Thought it was a bit crazy, what did they think Japan would do about it ?

Maybe the same thing the PDRC protesters that took to the streets in countries outside of Thailand, ie give them a plaform to voice their opinions??

"Only a fool would believe everything found in Wikipedia."

True, but those statements supported by references to credible sources can generally be believed. But by all means please try to discredit the information I referenced. Have fun.

Also back to the OP, it would seem there are redshirts that protest for democracy even though Thaksin asked them to cooperate with the junta. That would be a whole new paradigm for some posters here, redshirts who don't dance to Thaksin's tune but work independently for democracy.

• Like 1

Yeah, sure:

You could have nicely overlooked the point being, Options given were when they were armed behind sharpened bamboo-rubber stacked tires- and other traps. This was in the later stages after grandma had taken her kids home, and the extremists stayed on.

"Only a fool would believe everything found in Wikipedia."

True, but those statements supported by references to credible sources can generally be believed. But by all means please try to discredit the information I referenced. Have fun.

Also back to the OP, it would seem there are redshirts that protest for democracy even though Thaksin asked them to cooperate with the junta. That would be a whole new paradigm for some posters here, redshirts who don't dance to Thaksin's tune but work independently for democracy.

More than likely Thaksin speak with fork tongue.