PM to preside over “Anti-Corruption Day”

Lite Beer

PM to preside over “Anti-Corruption Day”

PNOHT570906001000202_06092014_033957.jpg

BANGKOK, 6 September 2014 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha will preside over the opening ceremony of “Anti-Corruption Day” at the Bangkok Convention Centre in the Centara Grand Hotel tomorrow to mark the importance of eliminating corruption problems in Thailand.

Besides the speech on corruption, a host of activities under the theme “Hand in Hand” will be staged by the Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand and its affiliates to mark the occasion.

The first event will be a gathering of the affiliated organizations in front of Central World for a group photo before they march a short distance to the Bangkok Convention Centre, the main venue where all the activities, including panel discussions on corruption problems and "edutainment" shows, will take place.

The event has been set up to help the public better understand the impact of corruption and to urge all agencies to prevent and eliminate such problems from society.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-09-06 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there should be public beheadings on the anti-corruption day.

(I am just joking, but an anti-corruption day, but letting the worst corrupt politicians run around unchallenged is just nonsense)

Now that you mention this, I can see a bunch of (allegedly) corrupt politicians run the 'ice bucket' gauntlet.

Still the previous PM only talked about 'really taking care of corruption'. The current PM seems to be a bit more pragmatic in his approach.

• Like 2

(I am just joking, but an anti-corruption day, but letting the worst corrupt politicians run around unchallenged is just nonsense)

Now that you mention this, I can see a bunch of (allegedly) corrupt politicians run the 'ice bucket' gauntlet.

Still the previous PM only talked about 'really taking care of corruption'. The current PM seems to be a bit more pragmatic in his approach.

The last Pm did take care of corruption - and make sure that it survived and flourished and no one stopped it.

• Like 2

It's seems rather obvious that she was "taking care" of corruption very well.

• Like 1

Good luck.
Maybe they could also set up a website as like in India.

https://www.ipaidabribe.com

Only to create awareness.

China has its corruption problem easily solved with beheadings.

Until to date corrupt officials and politicians in thailand have nothing to fear.
The penalties, if it ever comes to a conviction, are a joke.
Free on bail, appeal, counter-claim, sentence reduction, transfer to an inactive post and then case closed.
Don Quixote's fight against the windmills was much more easy.

• Like 2

Enough corrupt one from every color, that you can make public beheadings every Sunday for the next decade.

And enough of these cases are crystal clear. (Like the wife of a decision maker has a company that supplies products at the triple price you would get as walk in customer in the next supermarket). That wouldn't need years of investigations and a decade at the court if there is a political will, they could just start next week to seize bank accounts and buildings, by just focusing on the crystal clear cases.

Would be good to see the Junta declare their assets (the NACC have stated they won't force Junta to declare).

Would be good to see accountability and civilian oversight of the 193 000 000 baht Military budget.

Or is the corruption they are fighting 'other people's' corruption?

Come to think of it, it is not corruption on the part of the military - they just take the money. End of. At least with corruption, the perpetrators have to at least pretend they are not taking the money!

Population UK. Their budget for the military ??? compare that with Thailand. any answers on that ???

• Like 1

Would be good to see the Junta declare their assets (the NACC have stated they won't force Junta to declare).

Would be good to see accountability and civilian oversight of the 193 000 000 baht Military budget.

Come to think of it, it is not corruption on the part of the military - they just take the money. End of. At least with corruption, the perpetrators have to at least pretend they are not taking the money!

Anything goes if it's aimed against the junta, NCPO and so ?

Anyway, PM Prayuth mentioned what would happen with NLA or Cabinet members if they got caught. Swift, legal justice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

My concern is not the amount of money (personally I am against all military spending, and against all military, especially the UK and US), but more about the accountability and civilian oversight.

Population UK. Their budget for the military ??? compare that with Thailand. any answers on that ???

I suggest the general announce a 1 million baht prize for the person who writes in uncovering the biggest case of corruption, all entries guaranteed anonymity. As many Thais would sell their grandmother for half that amount (that was a joke, for those with a humour deficiency) their should be enough info to keep the NACC and the DSI (risky, that) working until the next century.

• Like 1

Anyway, PM Prayuth mentioned what would happen with NLA or Cabinet members if they got caught. Swift, legal justice.

swift justice is only effective is there is proper scrutiny - in this case, of Military budget spending.

It is honestly too soon to tell if the Junta will in fact make good on their anti-corruption platform.

Personally I see the country as a cash cow, and all the groups fight to be on the front udder. Can't see much changing. After all it was the serially-corrupt Suthep who got this ball rolling.

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

My concern is not the amount of money (personally I am against all military spending, and against all military, especially the UK and US), but more about the accountability and civilian oversight.

Also against China, Russia, N.Korea military spending perchance?

swift justice is only effective is there is proper scrutiny - in this case, of Military budget spending.

It is honestly too soon to tell if the Junta will in fact make good on their anti-corruption platform.

Personally I see the country as a cash cow, and all the groups fight to be on the front udder. Can't see much changing. After all it was the serially-corrupt Suthep who got this ball rolling.

Why always try to distract with the 'but what about the army, budgets, etc."

AS for the rest, yes too soon to tell, but till now the NCPO has done some good work. As far as I'm concerned that includes sidelining all politicians.

• Like 2

AS for the rest, yes too soon to tell, but till now the NCPO has done some good work. As far as I'm concerned that includes sidelining all politicians.

Why?

My point is that if the Junta is serious about anti-corruption they might lead with transparency of their own 193 billion baht budget. If they are serious about reform, they might start with reforms of the Military.

I have little confidence personally, but time will tell.

• Like 1

Why?

My point is that if the Junta is serious about anti-corruption they might lead with transparency of their own 193 billion baht budget. If they are serious about reform, they might start with reforms of the Military.

I have little confidence personally, but time will tell.

Pray tell, what reforms might came to mind after the seven months chaos preceding the May 23rd coup?

Anyway the budgets are controlled by the NLA, the Ministers and so on. Strictly speaking that is. As the NLA will report assets and with maybe half of the cabinet is member of the NLA (to be checked though, I"m not convinced of this yet). also most cabinet members will report assets. That would include people like the Minister of Defence I think.wink.png