Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

Still waiting for an answer from SS and Wilco, are Scots treated any different to the rest of the union regarding tax, welfare,NHS.

Just a YES or NO will do, don't fear the answer, folk in Scotland ain't reading our stuff. And be HONEST....thumbsup.gif

Yes.

Thank you..thumbsup.gif

Folk WILL read a lot in that answer............whistling.gif

Edited by transam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Transam guy is not answering the question - prove it.

Tell me where Scots are treated differently, are you stupid.............rolleyes.gif

Go to any UK gov web site and it tells all about ANY UK subject, we are not classed as English or Scots, we are UK citizens. Tell us where Scots are not treated the same, COS I DON'T KNOW if they are, YOU TELL US. Gawd, no wonder your a yes guy..........rolleyes.gif

I think than answer from Wilcopops covered it - however I will pick you up on your personal attack.

I am not stupid.

It's a regular tactic of the No crowd to demean opponents who ask simple questions that they can't answer. So - for the last time -

Prove it.

Heeeeeeey, I am not a Scot, if a personal attack report me. You want to cower from questions that is your prerogative.

Tell "us" where Scots do not have access to the welfare "UNION" state, taxed different AND NHS is different...?

Go for it, folk are reading you know.

As far as I understand it, ALL this stuff is the same, YOU tell me if I am wrong....

This BBC article explains very clearly why this referendum has come about. ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/2014/newsspec_8699/index.html

• Like 1

And...In 20 years when the grand children come calling. It will not be ' What did you do in the war, Grandpa?' It will be 'How did you vote in 2014?' And if you voted NO, they will look at you and say: " You had a chance to give us our independence, our freedom and our future, but you took the english queen's shilling" Can you live with that?

• Like 2

ScotSurvey cannot answer a simple question, if Scots are treated differently regarding welfare, tax, VAT, NHS...I say they are not.

So ScotSurvey, tell us where there is different stuff...?

Do Scot MP's get to vote on issues solely pertaining to England, Wales and Northern Ireland and like wise do their MP's get to vote on issues solely pertaining to Scotland.

Just asking.

ScotSurvey cannot answer a simple question, if Scots are treated differently regarding welfare, tax, VAT, NHS...I say they are not.

Do Scot MP's get to vote on issues solely pertaining to England, Wales and Northern Ireland and like wise do their MP's get to vote on issues solely pertaining to Scotland.

Just asking.

Scottish Mp's vote on issues that affect England only - and it's unfair.

The SNP has a policy of never voting on England only issues.

• Like 2

Just asking.

Fair enough and what about the other Scottish MP's ?.

Can't we all stick together and just off-hire everything inside the M25?
That would sound a bit more like it. Scots - what about your pals from the north of England. Are you just going to leave us to it?

Truthfully - hand on heart? I wish you could come with us. You guys from the North East and North West are the salt of the earth - I and many of my fellow Scots regard you as brothers - and if you asked the majority of Scots on the Yes side, if we regret anything, it will be abandoning you.

I jest you not.

South west Celts? Welsh? NI? Scots? The north?

We're better together.

Who's missing from the above?.

Yorkshiremen and those south of the Watford Gap.

You can keep them.

There are many Scotsman that live south of watford gap, so you don't want the " Scottish lite".

Your argument reeks of Emotional English hatred.

What right have you to say who is the salt of the earth.

I have a friend of Pakistani Scottish heritage..where does he fit in, who now works in London?

Your are not abandoning anyone.

It is amazing I use to hear this stuff in the eistedfordd ( welsh) when I was young and bought into it. It seems so immature now. I am not English.

You are full of prejudice. I presume you live in Scotland and not in Thailand. If you live in Thailand why, let me guess ...uk immigration..

Your obviously a proud scot but prejudice isn't a good trait. Time to move on from that.

The scots and welsh have been badly treated by the English in history but just don't get the need. I am no longer 16..

All politicians are the same independence or not! All are arrogant..self interest..

I suspect even if it fails this time it will succeed at some later date..so you will get your wish. This issue is not going away..nor I suspect for the welsh..or Irish...

And...In 20 years when the grand children come calling. It will not be ' What did you do in the war, Grandpa?' It will be 'How did you vote in 2014?' And if you voted NO, they will look at you and say: " You had a chance to give us our independence, our freedom and our future, but you took the english queen's shilling" Can you live with that?

I asked my mother that question nearly 30 years ago.....and was very disappointed to discover that she didn't even vote.

Well she won't be making the same mistake this time I am glad to say!

• Like 1

Just asking.

The other Scottish MP's do vote on English only issues, and as I said, it's unfair.

• Like 1

Just asking.

The other Scottish MP's do vote on English only issues, and as I said, it's unfair.

So that's one of the reasons you replied "YES" to transam in post No 421. Along with loppylugs1 post 380.

Just asking.

So that's one of the reasons you replied "YES" to transam in post No 421. Along with loppylugs1 post 380.

No.

• Like 2

That would sound a bit more like it. Scots - what about your pals from the north of England. Are you just going to leave us to it?

Truthfully - hand on heart? I wish you could come with us. You guys from the North East and North West are the salt of the earth - I and many of my fellow Scots regard you as brothers - and if you asked the majority of Scots on the Yes side, if we regret anything, it will be abandoning you.

I jest you not.

We're better together.

You can keep them.

There are many Scotsman that live south of watford gap, so you don't want the " Scottish lite".

I have a friend of Pakistani Scottish heritage..where does he fit in, who now works in London?

It is amazing I use to hear this stuff in the eistedfordd ( welsh) when I was young and bought into it. It seems so immature now. I am not English.

You are full of prejudice. I presume you live in Scotland and not in Thailand. If you live in Thailand why, let me guess ...uk immigration..

Your obviously a proud scot but prejudice isn't a good trait. Time to move on from that.

The scots and welsh have been badly treated by the English in history but just don't get the need. I am no longer 16..

All politicians are the same independence or not! All are arrogant..self interest..

I suspect even if it fails this time it will succeed at some later date..so you will get your wish. This issue is not going away..nor I suspect for the welsh..or Irish...

Don't worry about it, most of us grow out of that stage, you were brought up on anti-English sentiment due to ancient history, I was brought up on anti- German sentiment due to more recent history, thankfully I grow out of it and now relies that many present day Germans are in fact nice people ( except when they beat us at football). Unfortunately some people are so bigoted and prejudiced that they can never change.

I jest you not.

We're better together.

You can keep them.

Don't worry about it, most of us grow out of that stage, you were brought up on anti-English sentiment due to ancient history, I was brought up on anti- German sentiment due to more recent history, thankfully I grow out of it and now relies that many present day Germans are in fact nice people ( except when they beat us at football). Unfortunately some people are so bigoted and prejudiced that they can never change.

Like you?

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

One positive poll in favour of the YES vote and see the sassenachs and soothmoothers

dance a merry jig. Trippin ower each ither to get to Scotland, too late I fear too late God

willing. My wish is to be celebrating in grand fashion on the 19th. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Celebrating in Phuket?

One positive poll in favour of the YES vote and see the sassenachs and soothmoothers

dance a merry jig. Trippin ower each ither to get to Scotland, too late I fear too late God

willing. My wish is to be celebrating in grand fashion on the 19th. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Celebrating in Phuket?

Absolutely baboon biggrin.png

Celebrating in Phuket?

Err.. That is not exactly patriotic. I take it you will be relocating post haste should the vote be YES?

• Like 1

I jest you not.

We're better together.

You can keep them.

You, sir - take yourself too seriously.

Latest from the markets, due to the impending separation the £ is down 1% against the US dollar, the SET down by 1.02%. The sell off of Scottish interest is far greater with the Royal Bank of Scotland down 3.53%, Edinburgh headquartered Standard Life down 3.87%, Glasgow engineers Weir down 2.54%. However One good piece of news for the Scottish economy, will be the availability of empty office space and factories after their present owners move south.

• Like 2

Celebrating in Phuket?

Err.. That is not exactly patriotic. I take it you will be relocating post haste should the vote be YES?

Your logic escapes me baboon? Celebrating Scotlands new found independence in

Phuket or, for that matter, anywhere other than Scotland is not patriotic, or should I

rush back to Scotland to be patriotic there??? You seem to imply that anyone who

does not live in or move to Scotland after independence is not patriotic, how bizarre

are you? facepalm.gif

Celebrating in Phuket?

Your logic escapes me baboon? Celebrating Scotlands new found independence in

Phuket or, for that matter, anywhere other than Scotland is not patriotic, or should I

rush back to Scotland to be patriotic there??? You seem to imply that anyone who

does not live in or move to Scotland after independence is not patriotic, how bizarre

are you? facepalm.gif

Well, it isn't really patriotic is it? Surely you should be there for the rebirth of your nation and helping things along?

Still waiting for an answer from SS and Wilco, are Scots treated any different to the rest of the union regarding tax, welfare,NHS.

Just a YES or NO will do, don't fear the answer, folk in Scotland ain't reading our stuff. And be HONEST....thumbsup.gif

Yes.

Thank you..thumbsup.gif

Folk WILL read a lot in that answer............whistling.gif

WHAT? - you STILL don't realise how stupid that question is....and you're right people ARE reading this thread......and quite a few will be having a good ol' chuckle at your expense.

The SNP are targeting welfare spongers with their nationalistic carrot dangling.

Anyone with a brain and interested in finances will vote no.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29103445

Comrade Salmond is a Russian agitator intent on disarming the UK of nuclear weapons.

I feel sorry for the 8000 workers in Faslane and the 200,000 financial services jobs.

Rest assured King Comrade Salmond can provide for everyone with North Seal Oilblink.png

Some levity at last to the thread.