photo speeding ticket

chorizo

On those flippers you would need a front & rear here.

Actually I do not know if all cameras are the same but a year ago I had

a photo sent to me for speeding & it had both a front & rear shot

Front shot you could clearly see my face.

Was in Lampang & fine was 400 baht

I thought it might be funny instead of money order to send a picture of 400 baht but thought better of it whistling.gif

Thai/Western sense of humor is not the same laugh.png

Next time, wear a Thaksin Shinawatra mask over your face. Depending on the persuasion of whoever gets the picture at the department, the ticket will either be thrown away, or, you will be deported and blacklisted. I always smile and wave when I see the camera and am using my plate flipper. I think it's funny, but my wife assures me that it is only a matter of time . . . As you said: Thai/Western sense of humor is not the same.

Since they could clearly see you in your car, I wonder if you had been talking on the phone and had no seat belt on if they would have cited you for all three (and suspended your license for three strikes in one year)?

I trust when they finally get you they throw the book at you.

Just sayin!

Not likely. If you know how to play the game, everybody can finish happy. Of course it helps to speak Thai. It also helps to know the right people.

I retract "they throw the book at you".

I hope they throw two books at you.

Just sayin!

• Like 1

There is one on highway 11 southbound under the Mahidol rd. overpass almost every day. If they ever change the location I and many others will be getting a photo in the mail. It is common practice to slow when approaching the camera, which is mostly hidden behind a pillar, and then speed up after passing it.

its a person manually taking pictures with a laser.

Next time, wear a Thaksin Shinawatra mask over your face. Depending on the persuasion of whoever gets the picture at the department, the ticket will either be thrown away, or, you will be deported and blacklisted. I always smile and wave when I see the camera and am using my plate flipper. I think it's funny, but my wife assures me that it is only a matter of time . . . As you said: Thai/Western sense of humor is not the same.

Since they could clearly see you in your car, I wonder if you had been talking on the phone and had no seat belt on if they would have cited you for all three (and suspended your license for three strikes in one year)?
I trust when they finally get you they throw the book at you.

Just sayin!

Not likely. If you know how to play the game, everybody can finish happy. Of course it helps to speak Thai. It also helps to know the right people.

I retract "they throw the book at you".

I hope they throw two books at you.

Just sayin!

I hope they throw three or four. I love to read.

Okay, I'm unfollowing this. It's worn pretty thin. Bye bye.

Radar on #11 southbound lane under Don Chan underpass yesterday.... meanwhile, Police were conducting rego and compliance checks in northbound lanes. No probs for me either way but I hope they nabbed the F-wits doing ~ 100kmph who weaved across lanes with no indicators used.

100kmph? Those slow bastards..., I tend to do 140+...... and I do use my signals.....

There is one on highway 11 southbound under the Mahidol rd. overpass almost every day. If they ever change the location I and many others will be getting a photo in the mail. It is common practice to slow when approaching the camera, which is mostly hidden behind a pillar, and then speed up after passing it.

That may very well be, but they must have some means of recording license plate numbers because the guy operating it isn't running out into traffic flagging people down. I believe that is where the camera would come into play.

That may very well be, but they must have some means of recording license plate numbers because the guy operating it isn't running out into traffic flagging people down. I believe that is where the camera would come into play.

It's a full frontal picture that shows the whole front of the vehicle, licence plate and speed of vehicle.