Why really is Thailand Better Than Western Countries To Live?

thai20144

I hear alot of Expats here complaining about their own Countries me included at times.

But if i was living in the U.K or Ireland which i understand are stressfull places to live, why not move to Italy or along the mediterrenian for a more interesting stressfree life?

Also Americans i have lived in NYC for 5 years before and i used to travel to your many states like florida to live it up along the beach or relax by renting a cabin up at woodstock or catskills mts so many options for Americans, also Cali over on the west side seems like a cool place to live.

So what is it about Thailand? Do most Guys come here for the easy access to younger ladies or to avoid western ways?

What is your honest reason for moving to Thailand?

And why is it better than living in west in places like the mediterrerian or Cali or Florida?

Edited by thai20144

The only reason is if you are around 50 and got enough money in the bank you can quit working in the west and live here reasonably well for a fraction of the price. UK Rates alone on houses would frighten many of you here, about 60000 baht on a very average house outside London. Average house prices way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher.

• Like 1

I'm here for relatively high living standards at low prices, truly amazing food and the blissful indifference of the locals.

Women? Meh! Very nice to look at and root but in terms of intellect and worldliness, not many are worth the long haul, IMO so definitely not part of my reason for being here

I like the Thai women as an escape from intellect and worldliness which consumes the bulk of my day. UN/Geneva goes back in session in a few weeks which is plenty.

• Like 2

For Westerners in Thailand you can have a five star Champagne lifestyle for a fraction of the price. The weather

Is lovely, some beautiful beaches, fresh fruit and Veg in abundance.... Nice Thai people.

As for the Med ?? I tried that , Cote D 'Azur. , overrated, high crime , mega expensive for poor quality, the list is

Endless....

Thailand suits me for,the time being, and hopefully years to come...

• Like 1

I came for the Temples.

But they are building one in my old Home Town in the West.

I might return for that.

As for 'easy access to younger ladies' ... purge your mind of such impure thoughts!

Repent now!

Pass the TAGU Bro ... rolleyes.gif

Repent: Verb.

Feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoings or sins.

"Past karma is past karma. Your decisions in the past brought you to where you are today.

But, the actions and decisions you make this moment decide where you go from here."

Make merit, all is well, there is no guilt.

I missed that temple on Soi Buakhao.

• Like 2

I came for the Temples.

But they are building one in my old Home Town in the West.

I might return for that.

As for 'easy access to younger ladies' ... purge your mind of such impure thoughts!

Repent now!

Pass the TAGU Bro ... rolleyes.gif

I will not try to decredit your admiringly opinion of temples as your post count is mesmerizing thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thailand us just one of many country's where expats can chill out and is definitely not my preferred place.

For excellent quality meats and wines at reasonable prices I think New Zealand is fantastic. Housing out of the main centres is also reasonable and for cool weather lovers it's a fantastic option. Please don't think I am inferring NZ as a third world country.

I still harbor fond memories of the Philippines ..I was transferred there so lived free and it was incredibly cheap to eat etc but I never felt compelled to move there.

Indo..well Sulawesi and Maluccu are fantastic areas and I worked there for a few years, I wasn't as keen on Sumatra but I would definitely live in the first two provinces mentioned and very cheap.

South America..still on my bucket list of places to go and a few of my mates have moved to Brazil...they state fantastic food, gorgeous girls and great atmosphere.

• Like 1

I live in Thailand because my wife and family are here, if it was not for them, I would still live in Thailand because I love the weather, most of the food is excellent. I don't speak Thai so all the nasty or good things people say about me go right over my head. I'm a Jai Dee type of guy so I like to think most Thais like or at least tolerate me. I find the country safe. I love looking at the beautiful women, I consider them eye candy, I'm too old now to take advantage of it, or at least want to, but none the less it's nice to look at. It is also nice that you can smile at a nice looking lady and get a smile back, not a frown or slap in the face. Also I can afford a life style here I could never afford in my home country. And perhaps best of all I am seldom bored. I have no desire to return to my home country, it is far too cold for me, even in the summer. I'm not even that anxious to visit.

Edited by Issangeorge
  • Like 2

I live in Thailand because my wife and family are here, if it was not for them, I would still live in Thailand because I love the weather, most of the food is excellent. I don't speak Thai so all the nasty or good things people say about me go right over my head. I'm a Jai Dee type of guy so I like to think most Thais like or at least tolerate me. I find the country safe. I love looking at the beautiful women, I consider them eye candy, I'm too old now to take advantage of it, or at least want to, but none the less it's nice to look at. It is also nice that you can smile at a nice looking lady and get a smile back, not a frown or slap in the face. Also I can afford a life style here I could never afford in my home country. And perhaps best of all I am seldom bored. I have no desire to return to my home country, it is far too cold for me, even in the summer. I'm not even that anxious to visit.

+ 1