Hungarian killer gets life from Phuket court

webfact

Hungarian killer gets life from Phuket court
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1410164730_1-org.jpg
Moshe David on the day he was arrested, December 6 2014.

PHUKET: -- Hungarian-Israeli Moshe David was today sentenced to life in jail for the November 2012 murder of fellow Hungarian Peter Reisz.

Also sentenced to life in prison was Lajos Gyorgy Kvalka, who denied a hand in the murder but admitted to helping David dispose of the body.

Both men are to lodge appeals.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/hungarian-killer-gets-life-from-phuket-court-48626.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-08

Glad it happened, but can't ever remember hearing of a Thai getting life sentences.

I can. A policeman who killed a Canadian tourist in Chang Mai was let off. But then he killed his pregnant Thai wife and was then sentenced to life.

• Like 2

Glad it happened, but can't ever remember hearing of a Thai getting life sentences.

Have a look at the Thai newspapers then.

But no, in the English language papers/blogs you won't find that, because nobody cares. They only want to complain about the injustice done to them.

• Like 2

I can. A policeman who killed a Canadian tourist in Chang Mai was let off. But then he killed his pregnant Thai wife and was then sentenced to life.

Should have been death

Should have been death

Not for me to judge. He was tried, convicted and sentenced by a judge. I was incensed that he was let off for killing an unarmed young Canadian tourist, but to be released and then beat his wife and unborn child was even too much for the judge who sentenced him. A death sentence doesn't seem to be issued or carried out any longer in Thailand. Last was December 2002.

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/execution-in-thailand/

I remember a few policemen, in Khalasin I think, who got death sentences.............................But the day after the conviction they were freed on bail.coffee1.gif

Should have been death

Not for me to judge. He was tried, convicted and sentenced by a judge. I was incensed that he was let off for killing an unarmed young Canadian tourist, but to be released and then beat his wife and unborn child was even too much for the judge who sentenced him. A death sentence doesn't seem to be issued or carried out any longer in Thailand. Last was December 2002.

The last known executions took place in Thailand on August 24, 2009

http://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=Thailand

I remember a few policemen, in Khalasin I think, who got death sentences.............................But the day after the conviction they were freed on bail.coffee1.gif

I wonder what country they are living in now whistling.gif

Should have been death

The last known executions took place in Thailand on August 24, 2009

http://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=Thailand

Yeah - they couldn't lift a finger to send him down for killing a foreigner. The blood of his wife should be on the hands of the police force and judiciary as well

Can anyone remember what happened to the (I think 5) police officers, all of whom were found guilty of murder, three of whom were given the death penalty and two, life sentences. Then after the verdict was announced they were, immediately, given bail and if I remember correctly THB1000,000 each to fight the courts decision?

Remember this, Thai justice, I recall a cop getting 50 years for stealing money from the police fine fund that they all share in the station it was not a huge amount of money but you have to be loyal to your gang.