Same-sex wedding for British diplomat in China

Lite Beer

I don't know about the U.K. but yes it is definitely U.S. policy to openly promote human rights/equal rights for gay people all over the world. So embassy based gay pride events are held sometimes in gay rights hostile countries, rainbow flags are sometimes flown, gay groups in foreign countries are invited in for discussion, governments with disgusting oppressive anti-gay laws are lobbied, etc. If you don't know about that, google is your friend. Hillary Clinton when she was Obama's Secretary of State made a historic speech to the U.N. (Gay rights are HUMAN rights). Sadly, that policy is likely to change if a republican is ever elected U.S. president again, but that is the current policy. Every country is at a different place. Obviously some countries will never legalize same sex marriage, but just not murdering the gays would be progress in some places.

JT

Just a thought.

Maybe the world would be a much better place, if NO Country interfered in other Countries National Policy.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last days of Rome, eh? A sick culture. Yes, I suppose he's correct. Britain and the West has become that. The Romans were buggering each other as much as they could and the Germans and Vandals just walked in pissing themselves with laughter and took what they wanted. Seems pretty much a repeat of that, alright. I suppose that is why the Scots want to pull out. (pardon the pun, please).

Tell you what, it was a sick culture that drove Dr. Alan Turing to commit suicide.

He was a man of his time although he did try to be discreet but when all is said and done he did kill himself,he wasn't told to. A great brain with little self esteem.

It's because he was persecuted for being gay and forced by the authorities and society at the time to feel ashamed about it. Do we really want to go back to such times? Can't we live and let live? Is there not enough fear and loathing already in this World?

I'd sooner it was just accepted and left alone. Civil partnerships are about two people committing to one another in a monogamous relationship, no harm in that. Has no effect on me . . . or you. We're both heterosexual the only difference being it sounds like you can actually get it up. I really can't be bothered, past it, don't care, got plenty of hobbies.

All that said I do get tired of the endless gay pride march nonsense, especially funded by taxpayers. If gay people want to be accepted as normal, which they should be, please stop going on about it!

• Like 1

The last days of Rome, eh? A sick culture. Yes, I suppose he's correct. Britain and the West has become that. The Romans were buggering each other as much as they could and the Germans and Vandals just walked in pissing themselves with laughter and took what they wanted. Seems pretty much a repeat of that, alright. I suppose that is why the Scots want to pull out. (pardon the pun, please).

I reckon dirty old men going to the Far East to prey on economically vulnerable young women for sexual perversion is far sicker than a couple of like minded blokes doing it.

HUH?? I think there are far more young Thai women preying on old foreign men, than old men preying on young Thai women, lol. I'm not certain how you came to the conclusion an older man having sex with a young woman, is far sicker than men who prefer having sex with another man, unless you are referring to underage girls.

I reckon dirty old men going to the Far East to prey on economically vulnerable young women for sexual perversion is far sicker than a couple of like minded blokes doing it.

HUH?? I think there are far more young Thai women preying on old foreign men, than old men preying on young Thai women, lol. I'm not certain how you came to the conclusion an older man having sex with a young woman, is far sicker than men who prefer having sex with another man, unless you are referring to underage girls.

You don't find it grim, fifty plus bald drunken fat old weezers chasing 18 year old girls from poor backgrounds around the place?

But then that doesn't really affect me either, so no you're right I don't really care, up to them. Just like gay people don't actually affect your life.

Live and let live.

• Like 1

You don't find it grim, fifty plus bald drunken fat old weezers chasing 18 year old girls from poor backgrounds around the place?

MJP

Not all 50+ males are fat, bald, wheezers. Nor do they chase 18 year olds tongue.pngtongue.png

Brother, I still have a full head of hair and don't chase young women around, but I get out of breath driving through a McDonald's Drive-Thru laugh.png

Really must work on that.

Tell you what, it was a sick culture that drove Dr. Alan Turing to commit suicide.

He was a man of his time although he did try to be discreet but when all is said and done he did kill himself,he wasn't told to. A great brain with little self esteem.

It's because he was persecuted for being gay and forced by the authorities and society at the time to feel ashamed about it. Do we really want to go back to such times? Can't we live and let live? Is there not enough fear and loathing already in this World?

I'd sooner it was just accepted and left alone. Civil partnerships are about two people committing to one another in a monogamous relationship, no harm in that. Has no effect on me . . . or you. We're both heterosexual the only difference being it sounds like you can actually get it up. I really can't be bothered, past it, don't care, got plenty of hobbies.

All that said I do get tired of the endless gay pride march nonsense, especially funded by taxpayers. If gay people want to be accepted as normal, which they should be, please stop going on about it!

that is what i meant by low self esteem,he could have said,as some did, ef you that's the way i am,but he chose suicide. He was living within the moral attitudes of his day he had to accept that,the world won't stop because of him. The world has changed,for better or worse,more honest certainly but i don't like this ''in your face'' atitude.

• Like 1

MJP

Not all 50+ males are fat, bald, wheezers. Nor do they chase 18 year olds tongue.pngtongue.png

Brother, I still have a full head of hair and don't chase young women around, but I get out of breath driving through a McDonald's Drive-Thru laugh.png

Sorry mate.

If you eat at McDonalds, you deserve everything you get bah.gifbah.gif

MJP

Sorry mate.

If you eat at McDonalds, you deserve everything you get bah.gifbah.gif

I don't really. But I could do with some exercise these days.

Not this again.

Why is supporting equal rights for gay people at "the expense" of anyone else?

Same old BS.

You can always say it's not the most important issue and put it on the back burner forever.

But that's not logical and not fair to gay citizens ... who pay the same taxes and deserve the same rights.

• Like 1

What a shame I can't marry my Ladyboy in the British Embassy in Thailand, Vietnam yes, Thailand no sad.png

you want to marry a man who is pretending to be a woman so that you can pretend to be hetrosexual, the world is getting confusing

No, I want to marry a ladyboy, did you not read my post? Being married and making love to a post op transsexual puts you in the "heterosexual" pigeon hole not that I'm bothered about labels but get it right.

Ah the Germans, a fine moral example, I believe the Scots were the first to legalise same sex Marriage in the UK.

Edited by LBLover

I think we should be worrying more about the Jimmy Savile's (Heterosexual BTW) of this world and what's been happening in Rotherham with heterosexuals and less worried about two grown ups who want to commit to a monogamous relationship helping to stop the spread of STD's?

• Like 2

What a shame I can't marry my Ladyboy in the British Embassy in Thailand, Vietnam yes, Thailand no sad.png

you want to marry a man who is pretending to be a woman so that you can pretend to be hetrosexual, the world is getting confusing

No, I want to marry a ladyboy, did you not read my post? Being married and making love to a post op transsexual puts you in the "heterosexual" pigeon hole not that I'm bothered about labels but get it right.

A transsexual woman is a woman who was born into a male body, but she was never a man, her brain has always been female. Is it gay for a man to love a woman? No. In our society a man who loves a woman is straight.

By the way it's derogatory to imply she's not a "real" woman. Remember she was born female where it counts, the brain. Thus she is real.

Ah the Germans, a fine moral example, I believe the Scots were the first to legalise same sex Marriage in the UK.

The first same sex marriages in the UK were conducted in England and Wales at the end of March 2014.The first same sex marriage in Scotland will be celebrated later this year.

To compare modern Western decadence to that of late stage Rome is an insult to history. It is inconceivable that Rome at any stage of its history would have condoned such diplomatic abomination. For all the abundance or Roman arrogance, I know of no record of any similar insult to another country not defeated on the battlefield.

But savor the irony. As Britain stands on the precipice of unGreating itself in Scotland, of flushing away what was once greatness in more than territory but as the very flame of civilization, its diplomats today flaunt their turpitude, and make clear the greatest difference between Late Rome and the West today: in the latter case, the barbarians are already well inside the gate.

• Like 1

To compare modern Western decadence to that of late stage Rome is an insult to history. It is inconceivable that Rome at any stage of its history would have condoned such diplomatic abomination. For all the abundance or Roman arrogance, I know of no record of any similar insult to another country not defeated on the battlefield.

But savor the irony. As Britain stands on the precipice of unGreating itself in Scotland, of flushing away what was once greatness in more than territory but as the very flame of civilization, its diplomats today flaunt their turpitude, and make clear the greatest difference between Late Rome and the West today: in the latter case, the barbarians are already well inside the gate.

That's because we are ruled by Quislings

Have it your way, cutting bits off wont change the chromosomes,may all your troubles be little ones,you will shake the story until its straight,pardon the expression.

Edited by soalbundy

Have it your way, cutting bits off wont change the chromosomes,may all your troubles be little ones,you will shake the story until its straight,pardon the expression.
Well I don't get out the scalpel and lab kit and dissect a person before before I fancy someone. Homophobia is highest amongst the uneducated and btw the old belief in xx xy has been proven to be flawed princess. Many people have xxy you need to keep up your reading if you are going to hang around gay threads like a lonely queen?

Here's a tip for you then -- don't have sex with or marry a man.

Sorted!

Ya just got to love some people. They would NEVER think of having a relationship with a man and would certainly not marry another man, but they think cruising public toilets for a BJ is perfectly acceptable.

Most normal men find men having sex with other men repulsive. It doesn't mean they are homophobic or uneducated. Personally, I think two men getting married to each other is ridiculous.

You are entitled to your opinion of what is ridiculous but as for most men who gave you the authority to speak on their behalf? This is 2014 you know and most men have evolved in my opinion. It is the knuckle darters who can't adapt and move on. I have to ask why you mention "most normal men" why not "most normal people" men seem to hold a special place in your heart, anything you want to get off your chest? You do know most homophobes are closet homosexuals that can't live with the guilt of their own desires?

Sorted!

Ya just got to love some people. They would NEVER think of having a relationship with a man and would certainly not marry another man, but they think cruising public toilets for a BJ is perfectly acceptable.

But dogging. Pegging is fine as long as it's a man and a woman? Edited by LBLover

Most normal men find men having sex with other men repulsive. It doesn't mean they are homophobic or uneducated. Personally, I think two men getting married to each other is ridiculous.

You are entitled to your opinion of what is ridiculous but as for most men who gave you the authority to speak on their behalf? This is 2014 you know and most men have evolved in my opinion. It is the knuckle darters who can't adapt and move on. I have to ask why you mention "most normal men" why not "most normal people" men seem to hold a special place in your heart, anything you want to get off your chest? You do know most homophobes are closet homosexuals that can't live with the guilt of their own desires?

Well, I mentioned "most men" since the newspaper article is about two men getting married to each other. I'm not sure why this event would be news worthy but evidently it is. You can take all your homophobes, and closet homosexual remarks on down the road. What a disappointment it must be for the parents of these two guys.

• Like 1

Sorted!

I certainly appreciate the tip but no man in his right mind is going to have sex with another man, much less get married to one.