Is Theres a limit to numbers of tourist visas ?

Hello guys, i have a question that i want to ask :

im from Israel - now live in Bangkok for 9 month already - i enter Thailand with tourist visa - first one i did was in the Thai embassy in Israel - did 1 with 3 entrances .

when i used all my 3 entrances i went to Laos for and made 1 more visa, but this time with 2 entrances.

my question is - how many times i can do this tourist visa ?? is there any limit ?

i got a flight back to Israel in December - i need to go back for 2 weeks and then i plan to come back.

my plan is to stay here in Bangkok.

1 more thing is that i got a monthly income from Israel of 1200$.

and if it will be a problem if ill come back from Israel to Thailand with a one way ticket ?

plz help me with more info, thank u.

There is no total limit of tourist visas. The only limit is how many you can get back to back at the same embassy or consulate.

You should get another 3 entry while you are in Israel.

Then you could get another 2 entry from Laos.

If you have a visa you do not need a return or onward ticket.

Back to back means getting one and then going back for another one soon as the first one is finished. In Vientiane that is 3.

In your case the ones from Israel would not be back to back because you got one from Vientiane between the visas.

Getting a visa from another embassy or consulate breaks the chain of back to back visas.

You don't state your age but if your 50 or over you can get a non-o visa in Laos after coming over on a tourist visa and get yearly extension by reason of retirement since you say you have an come of about $1200 USD a month. Requirement is 800,000 baht in bank or 65,000 baht per month or a combination of bank and income say 400,000 in bANK And 33,000 baht a month.

If you marry a Thai you can be any age and would only need to show 400,000 in bank or 40,000 baht income per month.

To each their own but you say you want to live in Bangkok , have you been around other areas of Thailand ? I stay in Bangkok sometimes but would not want to live full time here , too much traffic but like the malls and other city venues.

Edited by Tony125

thank u Tony - but im 29 =)

i want to ask a few more question :

i saw on the list that Ubonjoe sent that some place got "Visa Refuse" & "With Warning Stemp" - is that cuz they try more then 3 times on the same embassy ?

and if the fact that after a while ill will get on my passport many tourists visa printed can affect me somehow in a bad way to not get any more visas or even get refuse or warning stemp ? - even if i will change every time the embassy that i apply it throw.

thank u.

The stamp you mentioned would be after you reached the limit of back to back visas at a embassy or consulate which I described before. It would not issued for the total number of visas you had.

If you got one you would be able to get a visa at another location.

• Like 1

Back to back means getting one and then going back for another one soon as the first one is finished. In Vientiane that is 3.

In your case the ones from Israel would not be back to back because you got one from Vientiane between the visas.

Getting a visa from another embassy or consulate breaks the chain of back to back visas.

well explained...

One more thing Ubonjoe or Mario or someone else with knowledge in the subject:

would a double entry visa be counted as 1 visa or 2? i.e. could I go back to Vientiane 3 times for a double entry? I have no plans to ever go to the same embassy and should be able to hold a Non-imm next month, but just curious I guess.

One more thing Ubonjoe or Mario or someone else with knowledge in the subject:

would a double entry visa be counted as 1 visa or 2? i.e. could I go back to Vientiane 3 times for a double entry? I have no plans to ever go to the same embassy and should be able to hold a Non-imm next month, but just curious I guess.

A 2 entry visa is only one visa. So 3 visas would be the normal limit.

After reading this post I was a bit concerned as I apply to the same Consulate in the UK for multiple entry tourists visas as soon as my previous one is used or expires. The reply I got was -There is no limit to the number of visa's you can apply for, you are able to continually apply for Tourist Visa's back to back at any Consulate.

Must be different rules for different countries as some replies on here hint at 3 being the maximum. This is not the case in the UK

After reading this post I was a bit concerned as I apply to the same Consulate in the UK for multiple entry tourists visas as soon as my previous one is used or expires. The reply I got was -There is no limit to the number of visa's you can apply for, you are able to continually apply for Tourist Visa's back to back at any Consulate.

Must be different rules for different countries as some replies on here hint at 3 being the maximum. This is not the case in the UK

I had 3 double and 1 single at the same place, back to back, so, 3 is not the limit.

The stamp you mentioned would be after you reached the limit of back to back visas at a embassy or consulate which I described before. It would not issued for the total number of visas you had.

Hey UbonJoe

My question.

I had a few back to back tourist visa's from Vientiane then got Non Imm ED from Vientiane a year ago.

If I go back to Vientiane after the end of my ED visa then would I likely get a single entry Tourist visa?

Hey UbonJoe

My question.

I had a few back to back tourist visa's from Vientiane then got Non Imm ED from Vientiane a year ago.

If I go back to Vientiane after the end of my ED visa then would I likely get a single entry Tourist visa?

You will have no problem getting another 2 entry tourist visa, The ED visa broke the chain of back to back visas you had before.

• Like 1

You are right, different Consulates have different interpretations of the conditions and in your home country, or

Europe its usually anyway more relaxed getting a visa. wink.png