Import tax Pajero Dakar?

cheeryble

I just received this enquiry from a friend in Bali:

"I was thinking of maybe shipping my Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar to Thailand - when I move there. How could I get a reliable estimate of the tax evolved to import this vehicle?

It's three years old, with 24K - all Pajero's for the world market are manufactured in Thailand - but I don't think the Dakar model is sold in Thailand. I've never seen one there. "

So what would be involved tax wise and otherwise?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble

Importing car in to Thailand is redo illusory expensive and, upon entry, the import is subject to (around) 117% tax based on the new price of the car. Definitely not worth even trying to bring it in if it's an older car as the same duty would be payable.

Importing car in to Thailand is redo illusory expensive and, upon entry, the import is subject to (around) 117% tax based on the new price of the car. Definitely not worth even trying to bring it in if it's an older car as the same duty would be payable.

Thanks for the comments....no way around this?

The car is very high spec and I just think my friend is attached to it.

Thanks for the comments....no way around this?

The car is very high spec and I just think my friend is attached to it.

Indonesian spec is no higher than TH... so he'll have no problem replacing it here.

• Like 1