The Cove Pub Grand Opening – Sunday 14th September 2014

InspirePattaya

You probably arrived before the opening time, which was clearly stated in the OP -- didn't you see it?

I see nothing anywhere in the original post that shows the opening time.

On the website link in the original post I do see a reference to "in 4.00 days". Am I supposed to infer that "in 4.00 days" actually means "at 4pm"?

If so, this is about as clear as saying "soi 9" when they apparently mean a completely different soi.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE COVE PUB - GRAND OPENING
On Sunday 14. September 2014 Russian Mr. Konstantin Pogozhev had invited many friends and business relations to the Grand Opening Party of his new venture, The Cove Pub located in Soi 9 off Jomtien Beach Road. The photo shows Mr, Konstantin receiving a good luck present from his good friend Mr. Niels Colov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pattaya People Media Group.

https://www.facebook.com/konstantin.pogozhev

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cove-Pub/282867728583803?fref=ts

Seems to be : "A Russian Affair"

Well that explains the atrocious OP if it has been convert from ruskie to engrish, still pretty poor marketing by them though to not correct the grammar given they have presented to English speaking people.

Edited by Spoonman

Well I have checked his official FB page and nope, no menu , no prices . Or maybe they were written only in Russian . Then he will really struggle if he only hopes the russians will earn him the money he needs to survive .

Bit like that other Russian "Irish" bar opened on Jomtien beach soi1. Seems like this one will cater mainly to Russians, good luck with that location.

It's a couple of hundred yards from a large hotel that now caters mainly, if not totally, to Russian guests. Also many Russians are now staying in Soi 9, renting the condos there. There are two Russian restaurants just along the road. The Jomtien Night Market caters mainly to Russians. Maybe he got it right.

If its opposite Richman Poorman , there used to be a Russian restaurant at that place.

Anyway its nice to know the location but has anyone actually walked inside ? Do the staff speak english or russian ?

Edited by balo

Three pages with 54 posts about a new pub and no one have actually got unstuck from their computer to go and have a look???

Seams like the most popular pub in Pattaya is the TV virtual pub where you can sit and drink cheap Leo in your boxers without leaving your houseburp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Can anyone on the ground in Jomtiem give us any pixs inside & outside of the bar? Seems weird the OP hasn't posted any too drum up business whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

Did you look at Post 41 ? I live nearby, but I'm certainly not interested in looking into what seems to be a fairly typical "Russian" style bar/pub - dark, no natural light by the looks of it. It's like they don't want anyone seeing what goes on inside ! I am told that they have 3 draught beers, and the rest is bottled ( must be more than 97 different bottled beers, then ).

Can anyone on the ground in Jomtiem give us any pixs inside & outside of the bar? Seems weird the OP hasn't posted any too drum up business whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

Did you look at Post 41 ? I live nearby, but I'm certainly not interested in looking into what seems to be a fairly typical "Russian" style bar/pub - dark, no natural light by the looks of it. It's like they don't want anyone seeing what goes on inside ! I am told that they have 3 draught beers, and the rest is bottled ( must be more than 97 different bottled beers, then ).

Yes i did look at post 41 & it shows me nothing! The OP is spruiking this place so a few pixs of his meals & venue wouldn't hurt IMO.

Yes i did look at post 41 & it shows me nothing! The OP is spruiking this place so a few pixs of his meals & venue wouldn't hurt IMO.

Then try asking the OP, or the owner on his Facebook page ?

That's strange, I also looked at the FB pages and immediately knew everything I needed to.

M. Feline - had to use the Oxford dictionary to understand 'spruiking' and now see it's antipodean slang for speaking in public or showmanship. Not quite erudite but hey ho, that's antipodeans for you. Second time today so why not try another comprehensible verb if you know any

Three pages with 54 posts about a new pub and no one have actually got unstuck from their computer to go and have a look???

Seams like the most popular pub in Pattaya is the TV virtual pub where you can sit and drink cheap Leo in your boxers without leaving your houseburp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Do you have any pics from your visit to this new pub ?

Do you have any pics from your visit to this new pub ?

After a good night at the Thai Visa Forum virtual pub:

post-184436-0-70416200-1411048721_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

So where is it exactly?

I thought not actually Soi 9?

As I said in my earlier post, it's just inside Soi 9 ( from Jomtien Beach Road) on the left. Only a few yards down.

OMG. Sounds like my old bar! "Drunks and Dare-a-Licks". That was the first bar I ever owned in Thailand. Will have to take a trip by there and have a look.

If anyone is feeling nostalgic have a look at the D&D tribute web page. Not sure if links are allowed so if they are not could the mod please remove and people can PM me instead. But if they are allowed here it is. http://www.drunks-and-dare-a-licks.com.

Happy memories!

Chris

Edited by lor

• 1 year later...