Pheu Thai raises its head again

webfact

I can't recall ever receiving any education on democracy, or corruption or any other subjects of a political nature during my Primary school years, or my secondary school years, mind you, we're talking 38-45 years ago in Scotland.

Maybe some of the English teachers who teach in schools all over Thailand are in a better position to answer about the teaching of political subjects, that grown adults can hardly get their heads around, never mind children between 5 and 12 years old!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would almost be nice if what you say could be true. But I think it is not.

Thaksin and the junta may be dancing, but I suspect it is a slam-dance.

I would be very very surprised to see any deal struck until the current situation changes significantly. IMO the junta and Thaksin are fighting tooth and nail. (I do not equate Thaksin and the Red Shirts, and in this case, Thaksin is fighting for his own interests, not for those of the UDD).

There is nothing happening to indicate that the Junta wants to calm the situation. Everything points to the Junta controlling the situation. And the General has already tossed the timeframe for the so-called roadmap to democracy out the window.

The junta (or its version of Thai-style democracy) are with us for the foreseeable future. Prediction: No deals will be cut.

I generally agree with what you're saying, except for "the General has already tossed the timeframe ... out the window".

Besides your crystal ball predictions, what evidence is there that proper elections won't be held as the road map suggests?

his words : I would call this a 'hint'.

'Despite having a "roadmap", Prime Minister General Prayuth Chan-ocha said yesterday that his government would neither work under the pressure of a time frame nor allow the timeline to become an obstacle for his mission.'

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-deadlines-Prayuth-30242396.html

Then there is the reality of the situation as well. It will not be a surprise when the junta/Junta-controlled-government stay in control for as long as is required 'for his mission'.

• Like 1

Thaksin and Yingluck are still very popular with the thai people and the junta knows it and I think there are deals being done int the background to allow a more peaceful transition of government with new rules for the politicians when the next election is announced.

Maybe there will be no red and yellow shirts or black and pink shirts but one thing for sure is when that day comes you can rest assured that if Thaksin and Yingluck are still around which they will be then it will be another landslide just as it has been in the past .

The junta knows this so compromises will be made on both sides maybe even allowing Thaksin to return and granted amnesty which would go along way to calming the situation and allowing Thailand to move ahead.

Thailand will not be moving ahead if Thaksin returns, it will be going backwards.

Thailand deserves a break from years of poor political leadership and alleged corruption. New blood is needed.

• Like 1

Then again djjamie he could be thinking that he is sending out a warning (intimidation) to the NACC and OAG, the courts even, that he is still around and still has the capacity to harm those who have the temerity to prosecute any of his family.

Whatever is in his mind or that of his think tanks, this, the previous recent orders he has given and the former PT MP's and reds meeting with him in HK proves without a doubt that he is still in charge and the old slogan is still true: "Thaksin thinks PT acts"

Touché

Pol Gen Somyos Poompanmuang, deputy national police chief, told the media that the five suspects who identities were withheld confessed during the police interrogation that they were involved in the shooting of army troops and civilians near the Democracy Monument on April 10 at the height of the red-shirt protests against the Abhisit government.

The article clearly states that the men in black shot army troops and civilians, not red shirts. All the video from 2010 shows the black shirts among the red shirts. Please don't muddy the waters with these statements.

It was not me that made that statement mate it was a red shirt leader, see the topic on the MIB being arrested post #109.

I was replying to Thailands #14 post, sorry if you got the impression it was you.

...No, they confessed to attacking civilians and the military.

"Somyot said the suspects confessed to being involved with the M79 grenade attacks on the red shirt protesters and the military officials on April 10. He however refused to reveal details of the investigation in which the suspects were implicated."

It's moving off topic again, but till now all red-shirts who died on the 10th of April were said to be shot by the Army. Only Colonel Romkhlau and staff got some grenades lobbed on them.

Of course all those who told me so might have been wrong. Also the MiB might have an aiming problem, unfortunately missing the red-shirt protesters targeted with grenades.

Thread Title / Pheu Thai raises its head again

It's moving off topic again, but till now all red-shirts who died on the 10th of April were said to be shot by the Army. Only Colonel Romkhlau and staff got some grenades lobbed on them...............

Translation:

rubl: It's moving off topic but whilst I'm telling everyone else it's off topic, nobody minds if I carry on posting about something completely unrelated, do they................

rubl, you are shameless

and you are insulting.

Somehow it seems a few like to say that the alleged MiB also targeted the red-shirts with grenades. using the statements made by the recent accused as logical base to make such remarks. Now even if that is off topic here, with a few going off and out I feel a need to correct, even if that's off topic.

Even you should be happy with that as 'surely' those peaceful innocent red-shirts who died that fateful April 10th were all and only shot by army personel whistling.gif ADD, allegedly that is

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Like him or not, Thaksin is much smarter and his timing has been impeccable.

Or, in Shinspeak, he threw himself into self ???? exile. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not even close to what I said. Never mind, whatever pleases you. Still think Thaksin will be pretty please with the approval of the infrastructure which will benefit his supporters, the OAG rejection and the Parliment renovation corruption.

I still think Thaksin would be pleased to know you are on his side, Eric. whistling.gif

• Like 2

'Despite having a "roadmap", Prime Minister General Prayuth Chan-ocha said yesterday that his government would neither work under the pressure of a time frame nor allow the timeline to become an obstacle for his mission.'

Then there is the reality of the situation as well. It will not be a surprise when the junta/Junta-controlled-government stay in control for as long as is required 'for his mission'.

The more people insist the PM and his NLA behave as democratic institutions, the less likely it becomes they'll be able to finish anything. Same with the activities of the NCPO.

Of course all the pressure on the junta/NCPO/NLA to behave democratically may only ensure they will slowly be seen as such and 'earn' a certain respectability. Interesting side effect, I call it.

The more people insist the PM and his NLA behave as democratic institutions, the less likely it becomes they'll be able to finish anything. Same with the activities of the NCPO.

Of course all the pressure on the junta/NCPO/NLA to behave democratically may only ensure they will slowly be seen as such and 'earn' a certain respectability. Interesting side effect, I call it.

how is there pressure on the NCPO to "behave democratically"?

the junta appropriated the organs of a democratic structure without the democracy. They have total control and no one expects them to behave democratically (nor do they have any intention to do so).

The general says, the NLA stamps.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thaksin and Yingluck are still very popular with the thai people and the junta knows it and I think there are deals being done int the background to allow a more peaceful transition of government with new rules for the politicians when the next election is announced.
Maybe there will be no red and yellow shirts or black and pink shirts but one thing for sure is when that day comes you can rest assured that if Thaksin and Yingluck are still around which they will be then it will be another landslide just as it has been in the past .
The junta knows this so compromises will be made on both sides maybe even allowing Thaksin to return and granted amnesty which would go along way to calming the situation and allowing Thailand to move ahead.

If PT or whatever they become win the election then fine, but they will have to govern in a legitimate manner and not as they have done in the past.

No problems with that anywhere I would guess, however.....no more amnesties.

thaksin broke the law. He is a criminal. He has to go to gaol or there will never be any rule of law.

Maybe in a show for his support of democracy the King will grant Thaksin amensty. If a foreigner can request amensty from the King as Head of State, surely Thaksin would be far more eligible.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe in a show for his support of democracy the King will grant Thaksin amensty. If a foreigner can request amensty from the King as Head of State, surely Thaksin would be far more eligible.

You can't be granted amnesty until you have been convicted, and Thaksin has 15 charges pending. As one of those involves the theft of ~1 billion baht, I fail to see what an amnesty for such criminality has to do with democracy, unless you use the term as a euphemism for licence to steal.

It's moving off topic again, but till now all red-shirts who died on the 10th of April were said to be shot by the Army. Only Colonel Romkhlau and staff got some grenades lobbed on them...............

Translation:

rubl: It's moving off topic but whilst I'm telling everyone else it's off topic, nobody minds if I carry on posting about something completely unrelated, do they................

rubl, you are shameless

and you are insulting.

Somehow it seems a few like to say that the alleged MiB also targeted the red-shirts with grenades. using the statements made by the recent accused as logical base to make such remarks. Now even if that is off topic here, with a few going off and out I feel a need to correct, even if that's off topic.

Even you should be happy with that as 'surely' those peaceful innocent red-shirts who died that fateful April 10th were all and only shot by army personel whistling.gif ADD, allegedly that is

Nope, just fed up with your hypocrisy, call it insulting if you like.

Well whoever said I spend my days and nights on TV news forum is completely wrong as I just have to look at the avatars and the first couple of words and not even lines to see what's coming.The same sentences just rearranged with the same rhetoric .

Anyway here's the deal due to the restrictions on what one can say on here because of the current climate all I can say is bring on the elections as promised and we will see if I am right.

If Yingluck stands again she will walk in and that is a fact and the yellows on here know it.

I'm all about demroracy and if I'm wrong then I'll cop it on the chin but if I'm right I hope you closet yellows will also.

Now I'm off to watch the hunger games and brave heart on my 60 inch screen.

• Like 1

Translation:

rubl, you are shameless

and you are insulting.

Nope, just fed up with your hypocrisy, call it insulting if you like.

So, you give an interpretation, judge me on your interpretation and condemn me based on your interpretation?

You're right, that not insulting, that's merely showing being obdurate, full of prejudice and bias with a touch of mischief rolleyes.gif

Well whoever said I spend my days and nights on TV news forum is completely wrong as I just have to look at the avatars and the first couple of words and not even lines to see what's coming.The same sentences just rearranged with the same rhetoric .

Anyway here's the deal due to the restrictions on what one can say on here because of the current climate all I can say is bring on the elections as promised and we will see if I am right.

If Yingluck stands again she will walk in and that is a fact and the yellows on here know it.

I'm all about demroracy and if I'm wrong then I'll cop it on the chin but if I'm right I hope you closet yellows will also.

I do read your posts but it would be difficult to regard them as anything but pretty one sided.

So, that's why you don't have an avatar?

BTW, which yellows, or it that just a term to group anyone you disagree with ?

PS Ms. Yingluck first needs to clear some legal hurdles before being able to stand again. That's even with the 2007 constitution or the 1997 for what it matters.

PPS I was watching channel5, interesting ghost soap with a schoolboy killed by a ghost (of a former female teacher it would seem). Plus a bit of bullying by fellow schoolmates. The education reform hasn't started yet I guess.

duplicate post

Edited by Baerboxer

I have a bridge in Arizona I can let you have cheap.cheesy.gif

When the next election is called 80% of the PTP will not be able to live up to the standards required. Low life's will no longer be allowed to run for office.wai2.gif

• Like 1

If PT or whatever they become win the election then fine, but they will have to govern in a legitimate manner and not as they have done in the past.

No problems with that anywhere I would guess, however.....no more amnesties.

thaksin broke the law. He is a criminal. He has to go to gaol or there will never be any rule of law.

Also come the next election any PTP members who get elected would have to be honest ones. The new government is going to tighten up the requirements to be a candidate. Thailand deserves a decent government. The day of the Shinawatra's is a part of history.thumbsup.gifwai.gifclap2.gif