CSD to be asked to charge Wat Weruwan abbot with fraud

webfact

CSD to be asked to charge abbot with fraud

9-11-2014-9-46-21-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Citizen Network against Corruption is to ask the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) police to file fraud charge against the abbot of Wat Weruwan temple in Chaiyaphum province after his announcement to end his life in a coffin turned out to be just a trick to solicit donation to the temple.

Songkran Atchariyasap, president of the network, said he has been asked to look into the case by the governor of Chaiyaphum to proceed the charge against the abbot, Luang Por Pim.

According to the information given by the governor, the Buddhist monk has tried to end his life three times already, which prompted devotees to donate large sums of money to the temple.

Mr Songkran said he was planning to forward the case to the CSD to file fraud charge as he believed Luang Por Pim has the intention to deceive faithful Buddhists to be sympathetic with him in order to solicit their donations.

Meanwhile the renowned monk, Luang Por Pim again announced from his hospital bed that he would try to end his life for the third time in 15 years while insisting that yesterday’s attempt was real.

The monk’s attempt was foiled by police who were asked to intervene by the National Office of Buddhism.

Now, the abbot is receiving treatment for extreme exhaustion in Khonsarn hospital and is recovering.

He assured that he did not deceive anyone.

“I did not deceive or lie to anyone. I have been telling the truth all along. And I already told you that I can’t be shot. A gun won’t harm me,” he told reporters from his hospital bed.

Phra Kru Weruvan Chantarangsri or Luang Por Pim, age 65, abbot of the Wat Veruwan Temple of Khonsarn district, Chaiyaphum province had earlier announced that he would end his life on September 9, before getting into a coffin to pray and sleep.

Authorities then rushed to the scene to talk the revered monk into abandoning such reckless idea and delivered him to a hospital.

Luang Por Pim was given saline solutions to help with his fatigue, until his pulse returned to normal and he was able to eat as usual.

The abbot revealed that his reasons for trying to end his life was due to his chronic diseases of Gout and infected intestine.

He then decided to stop taking his medicines and concentrated on following the Buddha’s teaching of Dharma.

He said after he has found that his decision has stirred up public outcry, he had let his disciples admitted him into a hospital.

He further informed that he would no longer take up any position and would pass down the succession of the abbot to his younger brother, Luang Ta Bua.

Meanwhile, the Khonsarn police have investigated a rumor about the temple has raised up to a hundred million baht donations.

But the police said they have found that only 200,000 baht were left.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/csd-asked-charge-abbot-fraud/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-12

Meanwhile, the Khonsarn police have investigated a rumor about the temple has raised up to a hundred million baht donations. But the police said they have found that only 200,000 baht were left.

Pray tell which part is rumour and isn't.

This guy is a complete loon. Defrock him and toss his sorry ass out.

granted, he's got a screw lose, but his followers are definitely also infected. I'd say just let him get on with it, die...don't die...resurrect...bullet proof...public drama...donations until bankruptcy...and when those believers have lost all their money and are in debt for the next several generations, then they will realize that they had the wrong amulets...

people's mindset when it comes to religious belief is very similar when defending political ideology...their collective IQ just goes down the drain, it's group dynamics...coffee1.gif

• Like 1

"A gun won't harm me". Hmmmm some of his followers who are eing deceived out of money should try and test that theory..... just to make sure of his holiness.

Sangha rules state quite clearly that if a monk claims to have supernatural powers that he in fact does not possess, then he is to be automatically defrocked for life.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

His temple is no different from every other temple, church or religious organization in Thailand or the world. billions of dollars donated to help the poor and nobody knows where it goes. It's the big world secret. one thing we all do know, is very little makes it's way to the poor. Maybe his temple wasn't making much money and he got creative.

Leave him alone.

Throw the first stone so to speak.

Live and let live.

"A gun won't harm me". Hmmmm some of his followers who are eing deceived out of money should try and test that theory..... just to make sure of his holiness.

Sangha rules state quite clearly that if a monk claims to have supernatural powers that he in fact does not possess, then he is to be automatically defrocked for life.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are quite correct.. Shoot him in the leg, and if he bleeds, defrock him.. simple.. rolleyes.gif

Guy's its 2014......and still he and many other have loads of followers and believers.

while in Bangkok they raise storm flag after storm flag warning Thailand will fall out in the AEC structure, Amnesty International is roaring about democracy failures and a dean in Chiang Mai walks around with a box over his head, the outside world still believes in one man- one vote systems.

Religion is UH was a 'no go area' for as long as i can remember, only when scandal after scandal was exposed (social media) the lid went off.

My wife BTW proposed a 3 month temple redemption for my son......tradition she said.

My tradition is to say NO, i replied.