American falls to his death from 5/fl of Bangkok's Nana Hotel

webfact

lets see,

5:45 AM, still in a bar?

5:45 AM

so, he accidentally came on to the wrong female, who was also in a bar at 5:45AM?

And, that said female had 4 men watching her?

So far, it sounds like the standard operating procedure of thieves using the honey trap.

So, they robbed him, he fought against 4 men and lost, and while drunk, one or two may have been enough.

Easily avoidable on all counts

This, is how accidental death occurs to many men, who seek females in bars at late hours

A guy in Chiang Mai told me a similar story of what happened to him in Cuba, as he walked "home" with two young girls he met in a bar "playing pool" and, lo and behold, in an alley, he got hit with a cue ball and a stick, and was knocked unconscious and left for dead.

needless to say, he wasnt drinking any alcohol anymore

Edited by SteveFong
  • Like 2

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Nana Plaza once. I walked up to the 2nd floor, walked around to 3 minutes. Left. Never returned. I'd sooner sniff kerosene and glue than hang out there, but to each his own. I'm not clean as the driven snow, but rather I know what I like and I don't go to places like Nana to try and find it.

'Live by the sword, die by the sword' could be changed for Thailand: 'Live by low life and weird drinks, die by the low life and weird drinks.'

• Like 1

I went to Nana Plaza once. I walked up to the 2nd floor, walked around to 3 minutes. Left. Never returned. I'd sooner sniff kerosene and glue than hang out there, but to each his own. I'm not clean as the driven snow, but rather I know what I like and I don't go to places like Nana to try and find it.

'Live by the sword, die by the sword' could be changed for Thailand: 'Live by low life and weird drinks, die by the low life and weird drinks.'

I prefer to see ladies then sniff kerosene and glue but each to their own.

So you have never had a drink with a lady? Too much sniffing will do that.

• Like 1

to the family.

you must come to Thailand, if not there already and demand all CCTV cameras on the streets in the vicinity,

this is a highly survailled area and you can glean much from the cameras.

do not under estimate what they contain,

it is the only way, in my opinion,

expecting help from local authorities and local population is "difficult"

• Like 1

All the corridors of the Nana Hotel are CC TV'd The whole incident will have been recorded on CC TV. I know because I have been staying there for years. It's an institution free of NGOs, backpackers, feminists, loud aggressive drunks, and prurient judgemental Daily Mail types. It is not a 'Short time Hotel' and passports are required to check in, unlike with real short time hotels. It's bar, The Golden Bar, is or was one of the best places for 'people watching.' The fearsome old Dragon Ladies who run it establish a calm polite and professional demeanour albeit a tad acerbic. It's a quiet calm base used by older single men and sometimes couples. Yes there are lot's of girls around and it is in a designated 'entertainment zone.' So what?

They didn't say they viewed the Nana CCTV, because they assumed he accidently fell. They said they would view the "surrounding area" to see if he was assaulted. They do not seem thorough. Not in their reporting. Not in their investigation.

**** Insensitive trolling comments edited out. ****

The lack of humanity some of you display is astounding. You are quick to blame the victim that he is guilty of your surroundings. Sure that makes sense, he did visit your country- guilty. What part of not staying in that hotel- he was running for shelter- do you not understand? The only one deserving anything around here is you. You have to live with yourself so justice served.

No CC Camera on the Hotel? I bet it is not working or being removed. I bet this news will not see any light and will close down silently. after all many Officials are regularly highly paid from that zone I suppose....Another life wasted in LOS.

On behalf of Kevin's family, I would like to request any information regarding this incident to be messaged to me.

We are currently working with the embassy and police department. However, we would like to know facts that the local people may be hearing about what really happened.

Please help us to understand the truth and details of what happened to our loving husband, father and friend, Kevin Curley. Any information will be much appreciated in order to help bring justice.

We ask that you withhold speculations or judgments, please provide only truthful facts. Thank you.

Please message me on here and/or as another family member requested, please advise the local authorities.

Any information will help us.

I'm sorry for your loss user12, but if you want to solve this case, relatives or friends needs to be present in Bangkok. Put some pressure on the police, offer a reward , etc.

Edited by balo