American falls to his death from 5/fl of Bangkok's Nana Hotel

webfact

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind all the amateur sleuths, and the conspiracy theorists, nor do I mind those who take pot shots at the ladyboys in Nana, but casting aspersions on HQ (Nana Hotel), is beyond the pale.

In fact, I think visas should be contingent on proof of having stayed there, not once, but multiple times.

Thailand would be a nicer place if Nana alums were given free Elite Cards, with bonus points for former denizens of the old Thermae, and, quite possibly, permanent residence for patrons of the Grace Hotel Coffee Shop, pre-Arab era, of course.

• Like 1

May have been a case of mistaken identity, Thais have problems telling farang apart and often not that concerned as long as they have someone to beat up. On a number of occasions I have been at Nana when some farang has been viciously beaten and am fairly sure it was meant for me! I am sure I am not the only on on the retribution list so fairly easy to be mistaken for someone else I would guess. Mafia thugs are still mired in peasant stupidity and not to be reasoned with, although it is great fun to take the piss out of them.

One can always count on the always lurking ThaiVisa Vulture Squad not to miss an opportunity such as this to put forth their snide and malicious postulations like sniggering adolescents. What sad cases you must be to take such obvious pleasure from anothers misfortune.

A tragedy for the victim and those who cared for him and certainly a story, the whole truth of which will probably never be known.

And one can also always count on a post of condescending lecture and judgement to be included.

dddave was absolutely correct calling you vultures.

cry me a river but don't bleed all over the internet

• Like 1

One can always count on the always lurking ThaiVisa Vulture Squad not to miss an opportunity such as this to put forth their snide and malicious postulations like sniggering adolescents. What sad cases you must be to take such obvious pleasure from anothers misfortune.

A tragedy for the victim and those who cared for him and certainly a story, the whole truth of which will probably never be known.

And one can also always count on a post of condescending lecture and judgement to be included.

And one can always count on someone writing what you just wrote, Taony.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

Soi Nana, when the drinkin' lamp's not lit, Nana is awash with ladyboys all fishing for marks. A guy 50+ years with alcohol in his veins ain't what he was when he was 20 / those ladyboys are like walking thru a minefield if you are alone. R.I.P.

Honestly, when I hear people obsessing on ladyboys as if they are the root of all evil - especially the random accusations of this sort - I sort of assume the poster is secretly gay, and not dealing with that very well inside themselves; Threatened. Thai culture is all about respect shown being respect received. Being lighthearted and complimentary will get you out of scrapes. Being insulting will not; it's a reflection of you, in that way.

Edited by John1thru10

And someone commenting on that. And so it goes on... and on ... and on ...

And this is the point (usually on the first page) at which I stop reading this type of thread.

• Like 1

very strange who was the person,the mind boggles.was it the lovely ladies

outside of nana at the end of the night I wonder

I think the ladies probably suffer more at the hands of tourists than vice versa, in the end. I can't be an easy life.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 1

I don't mind all the amateur sleuths, and the conspiracy theorists, nor do I mind those who take pot shots at the ladyboys in Nana, but casting aspersions on HQ (Nana Hotel), is beyond the pale.

In fact, I think visas should be contingent on proof of having stayed there, not once, but multiple times.

Thailand would be a nicer place if Nana alums were given free Elite Cards, with bonus points for former denizens of the old Thermae, and, quite possibly, permanent residence for patrons of the Grace Hotel Coffee Shop, pre-Arab era, of course.

I was more of a Crown Soi 29 man myself, much more 'class', and a longer history than the Nana.

It finally closed last year.

not good to speculate on what happens in darkness, sometimes a man jus wants to party but never knows if that nose candy has been stepped on - so many people go whacko when spiked with a little scopa, angels dust or maybe even shaboo all I can say is when u play with the devil u play with your life, sometimes it is not even drug but ladyboy slipping voodoo powder to u when u least suspect

God bless him

Not good to speculate.....but you did anyway.

• Like 1

not good to speculate on what happens in darkness, sometimes a man jus wants to party but never knows if that nose candy has been stepped on - so many people go whacko when spiked with a little scopa, angels dust or maybe even shaboo all I can say is when u play with the devil u play with your life, sometimes it is not even drug but ladyboy slipping voodoo powder to u when u least suspect

God bless him

Yea to be honest I feel lucky with my spiking situation. Thing is with me it was early evening and I wasn't even partying, I was drinking a coke outside of a Burger King, then two middle aged Thai women sat in front of me sparked up a conversation. One said that her niece was coming soon and it was her birthday. After that I remember very little to say the least. I woke up in a random guesthouse with my laptop gone, my cards but they left my wallet, how kind. 60k also was gone from my account.

Went to the tourist police and they said that they work in gangs and move from town to town, used fake names at the guest house etc. Basically no chance of my stuff getting returned. So still under the effect of the rohypnol I returned to my place where my mate looked at me with horror and asked where the hell I had been. I spent the next day or so in bed still in a fog, lucky they didn't give me a fatal dose or kill me I guess.

How did they get your pin to withdraw the 60k with your cards?

Must be them ladyboys again.

Dont JuMp to conclusions. Although i wouldnt mind if some guy did a RAY RICE on one of those ladyboys hanging near NANA BTS. It bad enough where after 10 pm i go to other side of street to get to BTS. A crowded walk through moderate MuSlIM territory must i add................lol.

So, just to clarify your Ray Rice comment, you hope that transsexuals meet with violent physical abuse.

YES! those that grab the wallet!

Well.. he was out until 5.45am - maybe with the wrong lassie.

That does not necessarily explain how he fell from the 5th floor of the hotel, or even got up there. Throwing things at staff - sure he pissed off a few people - but no need to throw him out from a height!

He "just ran up and fell down" my ass. Maybe spiked drinks, maybe took a girl with a bf.... who knows....... but how he got to the 5th floor will ever remain a mystery.

Stairs or lift comes to mind, no real mystery.

• Like 1

I have stayed at the Nana many times. A few years ago when I stayed on the 11th floor, the balcony was chest height, because a

bar girl was thrown from that floor a year before. I did see one guy do a dive from his floor from another hotel, as he was on drugs

and had a bad date as well. It was sad to see, but some people get drunk, some drug themselves up, and the result is the same, SPLAT! Death in Paradise.

God bless him

Yea to be honest I feel lucky with my spiking situation. Thing is with me it was early evening and I wasn't even partying, I was drinking a coke outside of a Burger King, then two middle aged Thai women sat in front of me sparked up a conversation. One said that her niece was coming soon and it was her birthday. After that I remember very little to say the least. I woke up in a random guesthouse with my laptop gone, my cards but they left my wallet, how kind. 60k also was gone from my account.

Went to the tourist police and they said that they work in gangs and move from town to town, used fake names at the guest house etc. Basically no chance of my stuff getting returned. So still under the effect of the rohypnol I returned to my place where my mate looked at me with horror and asked where the hell I had been. I spent the next day or so in bed still in a fog, lucky they didn't give me a fatal dose or kill me I guess.

How do two strangers slip rohypnol into a perfectly straight guy's burger king coke without him noticing --- even if for some reason he did decide to remove the lid and straw, while carrying a laptop, before taking the drink outside. Also odd that he only remembers a sentence or two of meeting the couple since it takes 30-minutes for rohypnol to kick in and a couple hours to hit peak effect and generally only effects your memory while under the influence.

Maybe they were working with somebody on the inside at Burger King ... but more likely something is missing here as I doubt the plan was to find a sober guy and drug him in public, and likely under surveillance video, and drag his semi-comatose body around town to a guesthouse .... unless of course the assailants are hoping to get caught.

While there are certainly cases of men and women being drugged and taken advantage of, often the case is somebody who drank to much and chooses to believe they were drugged as a way to explain their behavior or lack of recollection to events.

• Like 1

The Nana Hotel hardly the hotel of choice if you have come for anything else but what the cesspits surrounding it offer.

Another day in paradise, another sad death through misadventure,and the real story may never be known.

Wrong. I've stayed there and I am happily married, don't drink, don't smoke. You have a dim view of humanity.

Is this related to the Bar 4 closure? The girls at H4 said someone died there early Friday morning and the police closed the bar down.

Must have been a wild night. At about 3-330 a.m., I watched 3 Arab dudes, at the 7-11 just south of the soi 6 intersection, throwing stuff at a tuktuk and a huge, I mean HUGE, Thai dude hopped out of the tuktuk with a club of some sort. That's when my company said we should get off the street.

If you need more I can help, sure looks like most TV members need it.

This is my Uncle. He was a military man. A retired Officer. He gets up that early. He was a father and probably the best man I have ever known. Shame on all of you, in my grief I looked for answers and the first thing I found was this forum. May you never experience what you have just done to me.

Maybe hallucinegetic drugs?

Why run upstairs & jump. Must be drugs

Sorry but this is the stupidest comment of the thread, maybe of the entire day. Have you ever taken hallucinogens? Did you ever jump off of a building if so? The whole 'LSD makes people jump from buildings' is propaganda and it is rarer than dying due to a meteor to the face. Heck alcohol is more probable than hallucinogens, sheesh

Back in the day my LSD trips were nothing but beautiful and mind expanding. Never had a bad trip or anything close. What a horrible death and even worse, what a horrible hotel from which to meet your end. Something smells fishy in Denmark.

God bless him

How do two strangers slip rohypnol into a perfectly straight guy's burger king coke without him noticing --- even if for some reason he did decide to remove the lid and straw, while carrying a laptop, before taking the drink outside. Also odd that he only remembers a sentence or two of meeting the couple since it takes 30-minutes for rohypnol to kick in and a couple hours to hit peak effect and generally only effects your memory while under the influence.

Maybe they were working with somebody on the inside at Burger King ... but more likely something is missing here as I doubt the plan was to find a sober guy and drug him in public, and likely under surveillance video, and drag his semi-comatose body around town to a guesthouse .... unless of course the assailants are hoping to get caught.

While there are certainly cases of men and women being drugged and taken advantage of, often the case is somebody who drank to much and chooses to believe they were drugged as a way to explain their behavior or lack of recollection to events.

picture Burger King and they have a few tables outdoors alongside the place.I was seated there and so were they, my coke as always had the lid off, I hate that thing but it may have been my demise...