BKK Students Killed In Suspected Gang Assassination

Lite Beer

I really wonder wether they discuss these criminal incidents. How is the first period on monday morning at the Pathumwan Institute of Technology after a weekend like this? "Good morning boys and girls, please open up your books page 64 and continue work on excercise Nr. 3b."...?

I would imagine it's the typical "put our heads in the sand, if we pretend not to notice, it's not there" Thai mentality. Not mentioned at all by the school administrators, I bet.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The youth of today are the result of a combination of poor parenting and low grade education coupled with a lack of enforcement and poor role models. They reflect a large portion of the character and culture of this country.

don't forget the intelect stimulating TV shows aired all the time here.

I guess soon Thailand will make its name printed as one of the most dangerous country to visit.....

You exaggerate by a very wide margin.blink.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate per 100.000 inhabitants and

the number of homicides over all.

Honduras 90.4 7,172 Americas Central America 2012 23px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.pngVenezuela 53.7 16,072 Americas South America 2012

23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.pngThailand 5.0 3,307 Asia South-Eastern Asia 2011 23px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.pngEstonia 5.0 65 Europe Northern Europe 2011

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.pngUnited States 4.7 14,827 Americas Northern America 2012 23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.pngLatvia 4.7

Edited by ALFREDO

The youth of today are the result of a combination of poor parenting and low grade education coupled with a lack of enforcement and poor role models. They reflect a large portion of the character and culture of this country.

Sorry chap but the same is happening in many countries that have perfect education and social security. It's the new age, INTERNET, tv soaps of violence. To me it is a brainwashing of the weak in mind..

Not so.

In my country, Canada, we have Internet, and soaps.

Teens do not go about killing each other.

And just think about the Rwanda genocide, they had no Internet, and no TV, and no games with violence.

Cultural. They take it from available information.

Certainly not from the absent fathers...

Rwanda & Uganda violence was Tribal. Sudan was religious based tribal. Gangs are a modern form of tribe.

The machetes are not determined to peel potatoes.
Maybe they should generally prohibit in cities to wear this kind of machetes.
Is not the first time that people are being slaughtered so.
It amazes me what kind of weapons are sold openly on the fairgrounds.

And what scares me the most is that they are not hesitant to use them either.

For me, it would take a lot to get me to use any kind of weapon against someone, or something for that matter.

• Like 1

With this generation of students I can imagine what this country looks like in 10 years when those lawless desperado's run some kind of business here.

They are a minority within the student world and an even smaller minority in their generation. Every country has it's bad apples

The sad thing about all this is that the students who want to keep their noses clean and not be involved in this gang warfare are caught up in it and besmirched by the reputation vocational schools have acquired.I think Thai society look down on vocational schools. Totally different in Switzerland, where next week they are holding a 'Best apprentice of Switzerland' competition and advertising the benefits of a vocational education. As far as I am aware, the students don't try to knock seven bells out of each other. But then I suspect they were well educated as juniors, even though they don't start school until they are seven years old. Maybe that is the answer? They were under their parents control. School heads in conjunction with the police must crack down on this savage conduct. Perhaps a session of re-education under the new regime would help to straighten them out?

• Like 1

Huh! I though that our Supreme Protector, Prayuth said that problems involving these garbage vocational institute students were already solved. Please can someone take responsibility and be moved to an inactive position.

Also, why not just close all these vocaitional institutes and send all the acdemic staff and students to duty in the South in maintaining peace there. (chuckles!) . Let them deal with the Islamic Separatists there which the army has to date for years still unable to control the situation.

Oh God......when will things really change for the good in Thailand??????

I reckon any student caught with a weapon should be removed from their educational institution and sent directly into the Thai army to serve 5years in which time the money they would have earned should be paid into a fund to compensate victims of their crimes, they MIGHT also learn to treat those weapons with the respect they deserve.

• Like 1

Im also from the land of tim hortons and frost bite , we don't have these issues here and have everything the US has except the addiction to guns, some small gang issues in major cities but nothing like this crap,

My Thai inlaws own a couple of private schools in bkk and the notion that administration does not talk about these things is very wrong, Just because its not being posted in the news. In my families schools they have noticed a growing trend for these new generation of kids who openly rebel against the parents or traditional care for elders , Its a growing problem , One way they are trying to help this is to encourage the parents to have the kids spend more time as monks , even as it will cut into school time. tutors are supplied before going into the temple and after to make sure they don't fall behind and more times than not they come out with a calmer sense of self and do better in school afterwards, some of the kids are doing this each year or a couple times a year. seems to help centre them and keep on the right path. Does not work with all the kids, but at least they are trying something.

the tutors are often paid for privately by my inlaws and private funding from the community to keep some hope for the next generation.

• Like 2

Halion, you have it exactly right. Thank you for your comments because this is exactly what I have been saying for years, but not only in Thailand, as this is epidemic the whole world over.

In the UK youth crime and violence is out of control, some that are very young even describe themselves as the untouchables because the law cannot prosecute due to their age.

In my opinion these thugs are not just boisterous teens getting up to mischief, but rather are terrorists, highly dangerous with the potential to murder. They should be considered as such and dealt with accordingly as threats to society, as somehow these thugs have to be cleared off the streets.

• Like 1

I swear, Thailand is becoming more like the wild west with each passing day.

I swear, Thailand is becoming more like the USA with each passing day.

How much more till we see the Thai likes of the Jerry Springer or Maury nitwits on the airwaves.

I seem to remember a Thai version of The Weakest Link was tried but didn't last. The female quiz master dressed in black exactly like Anne Robinson and used the same type of biting remarks towards the contestants.

Mr. T, PM in residence at the time, criticised the show saying it wasn't how Thais behaved or words to that effect.

The problem with proposals of punishment to help stop this ongoing murderous attitude displayed by some tech students is that, just like little children, these youths fail to understand any concept of probable consequences. Poor things are happy to live with a murder or two in their past.

• Like 2

Sorry chap but the same is happening in many countries that have perfect education and social security. It's the new age, INTERNET, tv soaps of violence. To me it is a brainwashing of the weak in mind..

'Could've just left off with "poor parenting". End of story. Parents of juvenile offenders should share in the misery caused by their little precious... (And that goes everywhere, not just Thailand.)

With this generation of students I can imagine what this country looks like in 10 years when those lawless desperado's run some kind of business here.

they won't be running the country by then ,....it will be russians doing the same instead , they already run half of pattaya !

when will we see someone with the balls to cancel the education of these idiots and make it so they can never go back into a learning institution again. Until they realize that their actions are going to destroy any chance of a future for them this will continue to happen as they play their idiotic games. There is no room for violence at any school nor for any reason, this is abslute bullsh*t.

I think I might be inclined to take it a step further and hit up the partents for financial compensation to the victims, as well as the city (police, hospitals, etc). Locking the perps up for a long time would also do wonders, preferably in a chain gang somewhere.

This really HAS to stop and the powers that be NEED to do something concrete to put an end to it.

AT LAST!!!

Here is the answer to 90% of the worlds woes.

Make the parents pay for any damages done and all of a sudden the crime rate will drop by at least 50%.

When I was a youth, the very thought of telling my dad that he would have to pay for something would have been enough to make me join the monks.

• Like 1