Recommend a used bike for travelling around Thailand

edwardandtubs

To OP, it really depends on what the issue is with your back and but as to what will be more comfortable to you. I find the straight up and down position on a typical cruiser or scooter is worse for my back than a modest forward lean from something like a CBR250. Granted I also have issues with my wrists and fingers going numb and the forward lean is worse for that.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I think from your comments the CBR might be better for you than the ninja but maybe a cruiser style would be best of all.

I read quite a few people here (myself including) went from riding cruisers to sports bikes finding them more comfortable for longer rides.

I won't be getting another cruiser ever. Ninja/CBR 250 are good options (don't go for CBR 150 it's just too small). I heard D-Tracker has smaller fuel tank so not so good for longer trips.

I read quite a few people here (myself including) went from riding cruisers to sports bikes finding them more comfortable for longer rides.

I won't be getting another cruiser ever. Ninja/CBR 250 are good options (don't go for CBR 150 it's just too small). I heard D-Tracker has smaller fuel tank so not so good for longer trips.

I've read also that the D-Tracker is very uncomfortable for long rides, it's a thin narrow seat so probably not an option you should consider.

Ninja or Honda 250 would be the best choices. Ninja is a bit faster but the Honda is likely more comfortable for you. (They are equally comfortable for me) If you have a girlfriend on the back then forget the Ninja. For the money you are spending you could get a shiny brand new Honda CBR150. Almost identical to the 250 but a bit less power. Still, it will easily cruise at 125kph.

• Like 1

I've read also that the D-Tracker is very uncomfortable for long rides, it's a thin narrow seat so probably not an option you should consider.

Ninja or Honda 250 would be the best choices. Ninja is a bit faster but the Honda is likely more comfortable for you. (They are equally comfortable for me) If you have a girlfriend on the back then forget the Ninja. For the money you are spending you could get a shiny brand new Honda CBR150. Almost identical to the 250 but a bit less power. Still, it will easily cruise at 125kph.

Exactly why I recommend the wee 150. A proper between the legs motorcycle feel, more power than 98% of the scooters out there, and you can buy brand new for what you're going to pay for a used 250 of unknown care.

Faster than a Phantom or Boss, more maneuverable in the city than a 250 it's a safe solid platform.

There has been *one* report on the forum of mechanical issues that I remember...not bad for a bike that has been in production for some dozen years and sold in huge numbers. The 250s can't boast as low of a percentage of issues.

**edit...forget the 'one'

Edited by dave_boo
  • Like 1

I have a Ninja a CB500X and and a Keeway and much as I really like the Ninja it is definitely nowhere near as comfortable as the other bikes for me and given the choice I would use either of the other two over the Ninja for a long trip, that said for short trips around town the Ninja is good fun....