Woman jumps into crocodile farm in suicide bid

Lite Beer

This is curious She took off her shoes and the police figured out she committed suicide.

This appears to be a common thing with suicides in asia.

During my daily commute across the penang bridge in Malaysia, every now and then we would see a scooter parked in the middle of the bridge with clothes neatly folded and placed on the seat and flip flops neatly arranged beside the bike. The newspapers the following day would carry a report on another suicide from the bridge.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai woman perishes after leap into crocodile pond: police

BANGKOK, September 16, 2014 (AFP) - A 65-year-old Thai woman has committed suicide by leaping into a pond of crocodiles at a farm popular with tourists on Bangkok's outskirts, police told AFP Tuesday.

The incident occurred during opening hours at the farm which doubles as a zoo and draws visitors who can feed the deadly reptiles from a walkway.

The woman jumped on Friday from a resting point on the walkway into the middle of pond -- which contains hundreds of adult crocodiles, Preecha Iam-nui of Samut Prakan police told AFP.

"Her sister said the victim was suffering from stress and depression," Preecha added.

The farm is an hour outside Bangkok.

Safety rules are often lax at Thai tourist attractions, which include tiger and crocodile farms.

The Samut Prakan farm fences are just a few feet high to allow visitors -- including children -- to feed the reptiles.

Trainers also perform with the creatures, lying on top of them or thrusting their heads and arms into the reptiles' open jaws.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-09-16

This sad story reminds me of a similar one from the same farm back in the 1980s. A man fell to his death in the crocodile pit but had no identification so a plea was put in the newspapers for the relatives to come forward. They did and claimed the 10,000 in compensation for funeral expenses offered by the farm and took away the body. The next day, however, the real relatives turned up......a true story.

So sad. RIP. Maybe she couldn't afford the sleeping pills and Vodka..??

Where do you get sleeping pills in this country??

So far, in 9yrs 2 dozen pharmacies have told me they dont carry.

zanex is readily available in Thailand although it is getting expensive

Hard to die with xanax. Most people who try just end of with stuffed livers and kidneys and live on in greater misery than before.

zanex is readily available in Thailand although it is getting expensive

Hard to die with xanax. Most people who try just end of with stuffed livers and kidneys and live on in greater misery than before.

Absolutely. I was under the impression that featography was looking for sleepers to help himself sleep. Looking for a way to top oneself for 9 years seemed a bit extreme!

• Like 2

I am pissed off and anyone who takes their own life in any manner. Weak weak characters one an all. The dam choice of the method took a plan to do it this way. Why? To chatter someone living. I hope she suffered terribly for her last breath on earth for her weak stupid act.

Suicide can be considered a selfish act since it leaves numerous family members and others to suffer as well.

I would recommend some research on the topic of suicide, which may expand an understanding as to why people take their own lives.

Weakness of character and stupidity often resides in those who wish terrible suffering to any person, regards of the mechanism of death.

Sorry for the Lady RIP

This is curious She took off her shoes and the police figured out she committed suicide.

I am sorry but how can you conclude someone is committing suicide because they take off their shoes.

Ok I get it So if i get married, hate my wife and want to off her then I should have her take off her shoes first before I push her off the balcony.

Is that the way it works?

Who in their right mind believe this police fairy tale.

Do you suspect murder or another kind of foul play? Enlighten us.....please.

I am pissed off and anyone who takes their own life in any manner. Weak weak characters one an all. The dam choice of the method took a plan to do it this way. Why? To chatter someone living. I hope she suffered terribly for her last breath on earth for her weak stupid act.

Must be nice to be as perfect as you, with your gift of insight and deep understanding of humanity.

You have no idea what depths of despair or mental illness caused this poor lady to end her life. And, quite frankly from your comments, are unlikely to ever have the ability to.

RIP to the poor lady.

Your holier than thou advice belongs in a pulpit somewhere not critiquing us here Doctor of insight!

I'm guessing that when you are ready to leave just about anywhere, there is no shortage of people willing to take up a collection to assure you an expedient and successful voyage. Two things are obvious based on your input. You have no idea what you are talking about, and, you probably wouldn't have the stones to take yourself out, finding it preferable to whimper and complain. But I'm willing to retract the latter statement once proven wrong. The lady showed no outward signs of weakness or cowardice whatsoever. She also completed the life cycle meritoriously (by some Eastern standards) by ultimately feeding the crocs. What exactly would have been a more suitable plan in your all-knowing opinion?

She could have waited it out like the rest of us instead of cardinal sinning and bound for the depths of hell for her chice and act.

Sorry for the Lady RIP

I am sorry but how can you conclude someone is committing suicide because they take off their shoes.

Ok I get it So if i get married, hate my wife and want to off her then I should have her take off her shoes first before I push her off the balcony.

maybe is a thai custom? In the same way as taking shoes off before entering house for respect?

And so,taking off shoes before entering next lifestyle?

You cannot expect brilliant logic from a person maybe mentally ill or unstable.

Like a case where a person did park his car on a high bridge over a river in early hours and jumped to his death but threw the car keys in first. Some say it would ripple the waters and make a soft landing..but then why jump in the first place.

the mind boggles at these things

• Like 1

Sorry for the Lady RIP

maybe is a thai custom? In the same way as taking shoes off before entering house for respect?

Like a case where a person did park his car on a high bridge over a river in early hours and jumped to his death but threw the car keys in first. Some say it would ripple the waters and make a soft landing..but then why jump in the first place.

she knew that shoes would foul up the insides of the crocodiles! Was being courteous!

Sleeping pills are a controlled substance in the Kingdom, so you won't find them in any Pharmacies. You go to a Hospital, get seen by a Doctor and tell him/her you suffer from insomnia. Request an Rx for Stillnox or Zolpidem Tartrate, either 5 mg or 10 mg. Or see a Psychiatrist and tell them you need something to relax and ask for Rivotril (Clonazepam) 2 mg. I prefer the Rivotril myself. Cheaper, relaxes me and provides a great nights sleep. Bangkok Hospital in Korat has them but be prepared for the cost of the Stillnox. Dr, charge and 60 day supply of Stillnox = 6,000 Baht. Private Hospital in Surin has the Rivotril. Dr. Charge and 90 day supply = 1,320 Baht. Search around the Hospitals in your area and see who carries which. Insomnia (Caused my occupation) is horrible and I've suffered with it for years prior to me being placed on medication. NO alcohol beverages before taking these medicines as these are the real deal. thumbsup.gif

Maybe she didn't want anyone to view her corpse, and thus this form of suicide. If you want to be eaten post-mortem, I would personally prefer the "Soylent Green" style

What exactly is that style? I know the movie, of course, just don't know any factory where they make those protein tablets. Here comes the question. Head first or feet first...?

From Wiki regarding Soylent Green: A group of researchers known as the Exchange, agree that the oceans no longer produce the plankton from which Soylent Green is reputedly made, and infer that it must be made from human remains, as this is the only conceivable supply of protein that matches the known production of the wafers. Head first? Feet first? It does not matter as you will be blended into an emulsion (Think Bologna) and then shaped and formed into thin wafers. "Hey Bartender! Pass me another bowl of those wafers! They are great with Diablo Hot Sauce!" cheesy.gif

A colleague of mine knows the owner in Samut prakarn and apparently this happens more often than you would think with some suicides occurring there and even more having to be talked out if it. I can't think of a worse way to go.

I'm guessing that when you are ready to leave just about anywhere, there is no shortage of people willing to take up a collection to assure you an expedient and successful voyage. Two things are obvious based on your input. You have no idea what you are talking about, and, you probably wouldn't have the stones to take yourself out, finding it preferable to whimper and complain. But I'm willing to retract the latter statement once proven wrong. The lady showed no outward signs of weakness or cowardice whatsoever. She also completed the life cycle meritoriously (by some Eastern standards) by ultimately feeding the crocs. What exactly would have been a more suitable plan in your all-knowing opinion?

I have a plan in place and have no plans to whimper and grovel. My quick trip to Miramar netted me the way out if needed in some #4 quality injectable. Whats your way mouth piece???? You say The lady showed no outward signs of weakness or cowardice whatsoever". What part of suicide is courage and bravery? It is a weakness in not having strengh to carry on.

Sorry for the Lady RIP

she knew that shoes would foul up the insides of the crocodiles! Was being courteous!

Yes or could be she was wearing crocodile skin shoes

Rip Old lady. But rot in hell family members who just had to watch the video of her being torn in pieces you sick b-stards. If she wanted an audience she would have sold tickets.

She had to have planned it that way so they could watch.

perhaps they wanted to see if she jumped, was pushed or fell for themselves.....whats wrong with that.

and this park charges extra for farang, so give it a big miss....drivers licence no matter.....

Sleeping pills are a controlled substance in the Kingdom, so you won't find them in any Pharmacies. You go to a Hospital, get seen by a Doctor and tell him/her you suffer from insomnia. Request an Rx for Stillnox or Zolpidem Tartrate, either 5 mg or 10 mg. Or see a Psychiatrist and tell them you need something to relax and ask for Rivotril (Clonazepam) 2 mg. I prefer the Rivotril myself. Cheaper, relaxes me and provides a great nights sleep. Bangkok Hospital in Korat has them but be prepared for the cost of the Stillnox. Dr, charge and 60 day supply of Stillnox = 6,000 Baht. Private Hospital in Surin has the Rivotril. Dr. Charge and 90 day supply = 1,320 Baht. Search around the Hospitals in your area and see who carries which. Insomnia (Caused my occupation) is horrible and I've suffered with it for years prior to me being placed on medication. NO alcohol beverages before taking these medicines as these are the real deal. thumbsup.gif

Diazepam was readily available in the Pattaya pharmacies, certainly until fairly recently. Still have some from the doctor in Chonburi so not had to buy for a bit.

Sorry for the Lady RIP

or simply that it is hard to climb an enclosure fence with flip flops or heals????