Loved and hated, former PM Thaksin is erased from textbook

webfact

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What have the government before thaksin and the government post thaksin did to ease the burden of the rural people. Aren't they controlled by few who are clearly being sidelined during thaksin era in business context I mean. And this few in my opinion were dictating all the political ploy in Thailand. Long live the king

What have the government before thaksin and the government post thaksin did to ease the burden of the rural people. Aren't they controlled by few who are clearly being sidelined during thaksin era in business context I mean. And this few in my opinion were dictating all the political ploy in Thailand. Long live the king

"What have the government before thaksin and the government post thaksin did to ease the burden of the rural people. "

I think you will find that after the 2006 coup, post Thaksin, , several of the governments were PPP and PTP. What do you think they did to ease the burden of rural people.

Rice pledging scheme, first time car buyers scheme, minimum wage increases. I am sure you can think of many other impressive things Thaksin controlled parties did before being crushed under the "military onslaught".

• Like 1

i loved this:

Schoolchildren will be trained to act as ambassadors of patriotic spirit, Mr. Winai said. He gave the hypothetical example of students reprimanding adults who fail to stand at attention during the national anthem, which is played on radio stations and on public broadcast systems at 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily.

“The students might go and ask, ‘Why aren’t you standing straight when the national anthem is played?’ ” he said.

The junta has issued a list of 12 values for the country, including gratitude toward parents, discipline, morality and the maintaining of “physical and mental strength against greed.” Large banners bearing the list are being posted at schools nationwide.

I understand what you mean when you say you "love" it (I hope!), but to be quite honest it all just makes me want to weep.

• Like 1

He is lucky they just deleted him instead saying he was PM from 2000 to 2006 and was the most corrupt PM the country ever had, culminating in his conviction for abuse of power in 2008 and the confiscation of B46 billion of his ill gotten gains (why not all?) by the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders.

i loved this:

Schoolchildren will be trained to act as ambassadors of patriotic spirit, Mr. Winai said. He gave the hypothetical example of students reprimanding adults who fail to stand at attention during the national anthem, which is played on radio stations and on public broadcast systems at 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily.

“The students might go and ask, ‘Why aren’t you standing straight when the national anthem is played?’ ” he said.

The junta has issued a list of 12 values for the country, including gratitude toward parents, discipline, morality and the maintaining of “physical and mental strength against greed.” Large banners bearing the list are being posted at schools nationwide.

I understand what you mean when you say you "love" it (I hope!), but to be quite honest it all just makes me want to weep.

I think this is great too. Instead of sniffing glue and impregnating each other at the age of 13, they can carry around their little ethics books and denounce their recidivist parents like Mao's red guards, after they have expressed gratitude to them. Instead of tablets millions of the ethics books and sets of dumbbells will be sent to rural schools to allow the kids to develop and maintain the mental and physical strength to ward off greed which along with corruption are the true values of the country.

First I thought maybe better to tell truth and write a chapter on his corruption stealing vile acts and that of his scum red shirt thugs but better this way for several reasons

1. Most of Thais are not educated enough to understand and some even if they understand still love him even though he is a megalomaniac would be dictator on par with Stalin, Saddam, Mugabwie and Hitler and they all had and have lots of devoted followers.

2. The libel laws here are such that even if it’s the proven truth you can be sued and loose

3. If history books showed truth (that is hes a vile monster) why give him and those silly folk opposed to military rule the chance to cry foul even though it would all be true. No better to ignore him.

So army have probably been quite clever here and sooner he is wiped away not only from history but from whole scene the sooner Thailand can mend.

The junta can do no wrong in the eyes of some posters.

5555555 ha ha MOST posters you should say.

Thankfully heybruce is part of a minority group !

No, if you get your news from outside the TV Forum and the censored press you'll find that people who oppose the coup and support democracy are in the majority, at least in the western world.

• Like 1

Note that I did not write anything in my post about Thaksin or the government that the military toppled, I merely pointed out that there are some problems with the current situation. You took offense because, in your mind, all about the junta is wonderful and cannot be faulted.

Your last sentence is totally wrong. Your taking offence because of the new set up, I am going along with the rights and wrongs.

PTP wrongs outweighed the rights. The PM now, his rights outway the wrongs----easy if you look at the truth.

Apparently something that was very strongly implied was missed by you. I'll spell it out. You were totally wrong when you wrote:

"Expected response from your savior, denial 100% All about him is wonderful cannot be faulted Thailand misses his corrupt non governing government."

I wrote nothing in this post about Thaksin or the government toppled by coup. I have never in any of my posts described Thaksin as a savior and I have written about many failures and flaws in Shinawatra related governments. Find references from my prior posts to support your claims or stop slandering me.

You claim I was wrong when I wrote:

"You took offense because, in your mind, all about the junta is wonderful and cannot be faulted."

How is that wrong? When have you ever tolerated criticism of the junta? Before the history books were edited, when have you even suggested the junta got anything wrong?

You are correct in one regard, I do take offense at the new set up, with restrictions on freedom of speech and association, censorship of the press, bans on calls for elections or criticism of the junta, and now editing of history books. These are some of the things you go along with, is that because you consider them right?

HEY, You have to read my past posts since the intervention, I have used constructive criticism on occasions, as I am for good governance ( my past work). I had zero toleration of Thaksin/PTP as being trained to smell a rat, I could.

So your quote about "you took offence bla bla ) is a porky pie my friend. If you are lazy to look back at posts your problem but not tell porkies.

I criticized the History re schools, and corrected it with my version saying it should be shown and updated so all the new history is there for people to learn these last 3 years should be shown, him abroad running the PM job for his sister.

satisfied with that ??? good governance---is the most important thing, NOT elections because it suits--or Thai style democracy--- I support now because the rights far out way the wrongs----if you deny that you have a problem.

"intervention", is that what you call the military coup? That says a great deal about you.

I've read many of your posts since the coup, and I don't recall anything remotely critical about the junta. I do recall consistent hostility against anyone who posted anything unflattering about the junta. I also recall that you rarely addressed the posts directly, you simply denounced anyone who wasn't supportive of the junta as a Thaksin lover and wrote about how wrong that was. You demonstrated this type of reply once again in your reply to my post

Good governance requires good institutions that lead to an orderly transfer of power--preferably through elections, respect for basic human rights, and other things that can't be posted or this reply would be deleted.

Your post is somewhat incoherent, I think you are saying I lied, but I can't tell what you think I lied about. Can you be more specific?

• Like 2

i loved this:

American sarcasm. thumbsup.gif

The junta can do no wrong in the eyes of some posters.

No, if you get your news from outside the TV Forum and the censored press you'll find that people who oppose the coup and support democracy are in the majority, at least in the western world.

For start we were talking about TVF posters. This is an admittance by you because you then opened the post up to Mongolia-Greenland etc.

News from where outside of Thailand ??? How can you get this news from Quote "censored press" Ha Ha. What type of democracy do the OTHER people support Thai /Shin style----no way- you have no idea what all the western world thinks---even an Issan poll now would give you a different story. Please stop the B.S. and pro Shin propaganda--it has now grown whiskers.

• Like 1

Your last sentence is totally wrong. Your taking offence because of the new set up, I am going along with the rights and wrongs.

PTP wrongs outweighed the rights. The PM now, his rights outway the wrongs----easy if you look at the truth.

Apparently something that was very strongly implied was missed by you. I'll spell it out. You were totally wrong when you wrote:

"Expected response from your savior, denial 100% All about him is wonderful cannot be faulted Thailand misses his corrupt non governing government."

I wrote nothing in this post about Thaksin or the government toppled by coup. I have never in any of my posts described Thaksin as a savior and I have written about many failures and flaws in Shinawatra related governments. Find references from my prior posts to support your claims or stop slandering me.

"You took offense because, in your mind, all about the junta is wonderful and cannot be faulted."

How is that wrong? When have you ever tolerated criticism of the junta? Before the history books were edited, when have you even suggested the junta got anything wrong?

You are correct in one regard, I do take offense at the new set up, with restrictions on freedom of speech and association, censorship of the press, bans on calls for elections or criticism of the junta, and now editing of history books. These are some of the things you go along with, is that because you consider them right?

HEY, You have to read my past posts since the intervention, I have used constructive criticism on occasions, as I am for good governance ( my past work). I had zero toleration of Thaksin/PTP as being trained to smell a rat, I could.

So your quote about "you took offence bla bla ) is a porky pie my friend. If you are lazy to look back at posts your problem but not tell porkies.

I criticized the History re schools, and corrected it with my version saying it should be shown and updated so all the new history is there for people to learn these last 3 years should be shown, him abroad running the PM job for his sister.

satisfied with that ??? good governance---is the most important thing, NOT elections because it suits--or Thai style democracy--- I support now because the rights far out way the wrongs----if you deny that you have a problem.

"intervention", is that what you call the military coup? That says a great deal about you.

I've read many of your posts since the coup, and I don't recall anything remotely critical about the junta. I do recall consistent hostility against anyone who posted anything unflattering about the junta. I also recall that you rarely addressed the posts directly, you simply denounced anyone who wasn't supportive of the junta as a Thaksin lover and wrote about how wrong that was. You demonstrated this type of reply once again in your reply to my post

Good governance requires good institutions that lead to an orderly transfer of power--preferably through elections, respect for basic human rights, and other things that can't be posted or this reply would be deleted.

Your post is somewhat incoherent, I think you are saying I lied, but I can't tell what you think I lied about. Can you be more specific?

Intervention YES to save civil war --reds mobilizing for assault on BKK.

Quote " I have read many of your posts" you have read only what you can argue about, clearly not the ones I have constructively criticized.

Quote "unflattering " about the junta, read your posts and tell me that they are only unflattering Ha Ha.

You never transfer power from a diabolical so called governing shamble, and hold elections--only 1 way --kick that in the bin reform stabilize then get the system working.

You said I have not objected to any of the PMs new moves, then this is a porky pie.

Human rights----Joke---Thaksins drug killings---short memory.

For start we were talking about TVF posters. This is an admittance by you because you then opened the post up to Mongolia-Greenland etc.

News from where outside of Thailand ??? How can you get this news from Quote "censored press" Ha Ha. What type of democracy do the OTHER people support Thai /Shin style----no way- you have no idea what all the western world thinks---even an Issan poll now would give you a different story. Please stop the B.S. and pro Shin propaganda--it has now grown whiskers.

For starters I specified "outside the TV Forum".

Yes, you can use the internet to get news from outside of Thailand. You should try it.

Other people support many types of democracies, with the common thread being elections.

Since I get my news from a variety of western news sources I have a pretty good idea of what the western world thinks. It doesn't appear that you do.

In censored Thailand I don't trust any polls.

Once again, I have not posted any "pro Shin propaganda", but since you can't address what I do post you make up stuff to argue against. Your arguing against imagined posts has grown whiskers.

• Like 1

I am not for or against Thaksin. Never met him. Never cared about Who is Who in Thailand.

But I have seen many re-written histories of many countries.

It is counterproductive and plain dangerous.

History, the Past, - is what it is.

Re-writing this affects the Future. But why should I care? It's not my country.

Yes, you can use the internet to get news from outside of Thailand. You should try it.

Other people support many types of democracies, with the common thread being elections.

Since I get my news from a variety of western news sources I have a pretty good idea of what the western world thinks. It doesn't appear that you do.

Once again, I have not posted any "pro Shin propaganda", but since you can't address what I do post you make up stuff to argue against. Your arguing against imagined posts has grown whiskers.

You forgot the 2 posts before you re directed to YOUR outside TVF------we were talking about TVF.

Propaganda post again---about Shin style democracy---JOKE. forget democracy until you can conform to it---better you have good governance to your election/democracy style.

Shin/PTP was not a true democracy--this is what 90% of posters-or whatever the vast majority think here on TVF. you are a minority if you still think Thai style democracy is fine. You seemingly wanted that again with wanting Yingluck early election, to get re elected---it was not ever going to happen---now look the record why it had to be stopped. I do not argue against good governance, but I know full well your reliance on an election does NOT in FEB give a result of good governance.

Until like now the Thai people are aware of the lousy PTP government --they have learned that because of the Suthep/intervention--otherwise back to your elections and square 1.

Intervention YES to save civil war --reds mobilizing for assault on BKK.

Quote " I have read many of your posts" you have read only what you can argue about, clearly not the ones I have constructively criticized.

Quote "unflattering " about the junta, read your posts and tell me that they are only unflattering Ha Ha.

You never transfer power from a diabolical so called governing shamble, and hold elections--only 1 way --kick that in the bin reform stabilize then get the system working.

You said I have not objected to any of the PMs new moves, then this is a porky pie.

Human rights----Joke---Thaksins drug killings---short memory.

You use the word "intervention" to describe what was clearly a military coup in order to obscure the truth. I used the word "unflattering" to describe all posts you react hostilely to in order to describe the broad catagory of posts you object to.

I have read many of you posts. I haven't read all of them because you spend a lot of time posting and I don't read everything on TV Forum. I only argue against the more questionable posts, or in this case when you posted a nonsensical reply to one of my posts. You have a habit of replying to things I and others have not posted, presumably because you cannot provide an intelligent argument against what was posted. For example, my initial post #11 was:

"I like this part:

"Without mentioning either sibling, the textbook does touch on the opposition to Mr. Thaksin’s rule. A subheading describes the protests that preceded his ouster as “the people’s movement against dictatorial power, corruption and embezzlement.”"

So the glorious people's movement removed a dictatorial government and replaced it with, um....

But the important thing is that people will now live happily ever after, provided they keep their mouths shut, and don't work in the tourist industry, and aren't caught up in a morality crusade, and aren't interested in an elected government."

Your reply #87 was:

"Expected response from your savior, denial 100% All about him is wonderful cannot be faulted Thailand misses his corrupt non governing government.

The control freak will always be there as his mega billions will help him stay in the limelight he loves, but that is fading and with that he has to pay out more and more to keep biting."

Your reply had nothing to do with my post.

Here's another example of you replying to things I never posted. I wrote in post #109:

"Before the history books were edited, when have you even suggested the junta got anything wrong?"

to which you replied:

"You said I have not objected to any of the PMs new moves, then this is a porky pie."

Your qualified criticism of removing all references to Thaksin from the textbooks is the first time I've read any posts of yours that are remotely critical of the junta. My initial statement stands. Can you identify an earlier criticism of any action the junta has taken?

Finally, I'm going to bring in something you wrote in post # 95:

"History is history bad or good--we learn from it"

Thailand's history of military governments has not been good. What have we learned from that?

• Like 1

You forgot the 2 posts before you re directed to YOUR outside TVF------we were talking about TVF.

Propaganda post again---about Shin style democracy---JOKE. forget democracy until you can conform to it---better you have good governance to your election/democracy style.

Shin/PTP was not a true democracy--this is what 90% of posters-or whatever the vast majority think here on TVF. you are a minority if you still think Thai style democracy is fine. You seemingly wanted that again with wanting Yingluck early election, to get re elected---it was not ever going to happen---now look the record why it had to be stopped. I do not argue against good governance, but I know full well your reliance on an election does NOT in FEB give a result of good governance.

Until like now the Thai people are aware of the lousy PTP government --they have learned that because of the Suthep/intervention--otherwise back to your elections and square 1.

ginjag, if you're going to reply to my posts, then reply to what I post. Nothing in this reply addresses what I posted. If you want to go off on another anti-Thaksin rant then start a separate reply.

• Like 1

Thai government should ban all search engine fro returning an enquires on the word Thaksin/Yingluck/Shinawatra.

Block all site that mention Thaksin/Yingluck/Shinawatra.

That will return happiness to Thai and ends corruption in the land of free forever.

ginjag, if you're going to reply to my posts, then reply to what I post. Nothing in this reply addresses what I posted. If you want to go off on another anti-Thaksin rant then start a separate reply.

One thing here stands out a mile, my strong objection to lousy governing, corrupt and=Amnesty etc etc.

Your hatred for anything that is military, your denial that the PM halted anarchy, and possibly hundreds of lives lost re the red armed mobsters.

The anti Thaksin rant is your excuse to divert, naturally everything that was lousy with the PTP let regime had him at the helm, so a natural dislike.

You are posting about democracy/elections as though they solve problems---rubbish---your in denial and hatred of the clean-up here, as you never mention about the inroads being made only ---example--gagging of the press--human rights, keep the hate going. most are going with the flow for now --but you still want to swim against the flow----your choice.

One thing here stands out a mile, my strong objection to lousy governing, corrupt and=Amnesty etc etc.

Your hatred for anything that is military, your denial that the PM halted anarchy, and possibly hundreds of lives lost re the red armed mobsters.

The anti Thaksin rant is your excuse to divert, naturally everything that was lousy with the PTP let regime had him at the helm, so a natural dislike.

You are posting about democracy/elections as though they solve problems---rubbish---your in denial and hatred of the clean-up here, as you never mention about the inroads being made only ---example--gagging of the press--human rights, keep the hate going. most are going with the flow for now --but you still want to swim against the flow----your choice.

Most idiotic post ive read in a long time. Talk about hate! Not everybody is as gullible as you and swims the wrong way.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Most idiotic post ive read in a long time. Talk about hate! Not everybody is as gullible as you and swims the wrong way.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Takes one to know one I suppose.

Your intervention into my reply to Hey B. your last full line you posted is meant to be an answer to what. Hating the PM now instead of criticizing some thing you object to is more healthy. PTP were in---no one could do anything about it even if after the initial win they were in for what they could gain--it has been proved. So I criticized them -as did the majority of TVF posters.

Hey bruce is not posting to criticize things he is not happy with, seemingly a blanket hatred of the PM and his clean up. you seem to agree with this fraction on TVF---good luck.

i loved this:

I am falang with a wonderful Thai family. They teach me Thai values and culture all the time. Including standing at attention to the national anthem of Thai.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app