Tesla

MZurf

I just searched and know this member http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/102069-tonykalniev/ had a thread going here regarding EV's in Thailand and the Tesla specifically, I just referenced it the other day in another thread but I can't find it on his topics listed now?

Searching under archives I found these older topics from him.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/490144-super-fast-car-the-tesla-roadster-in-bangkok/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/530838-electric-car-company-in-thailand/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/455379-electric-vehicles-in-thailand/

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to have one hour test drive in the Model S P85+ this summer. 420 horses 'instant on'. Its an amazing car, and whole new driving experience. And with their supercharging network, you can drive all over Europe for free.

I asked Tesla about Thailand, but no plans for Thailand as of yet it seems.

Hybrids do get tax deductions here. Just look at the BMW 335iH with about 350hp, priced around 4.1MB.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by mortenaa

Not sure why anyone would want a Tesla here in Thailand.

The technology is too new and there just isn't a large support network of Tesla mechanics to service them.

I hear of many horror stories an headaches people have with Mercedes S-class, BMW 5 & 7 Series and Jaguars which are not exotic limited production vehicles.

Not sure how true this is or not but I was told that Ferrari an Porsche has to fly their technicians in to service vehicles in far away developing countries such as Thailand.

Is there any truth to this?

If you want a high end luxury car in Thailand, you're better off with Lexus LS-460. Same same as Toyota but different.

Under the skin it has the same shared parts with other Toyotas sold here in Thailand with a huge parts an technican support newtwork.

Not sure how true this is or not but I was told that Ferrari an Porsche has to fly their technicians in to service vehicles in far away developing countries such as Thailand.

If I owned a high end supercar here I would insist on a factory tech to be flown out here to service it.
  • Like 1

Ermm it doesn't need refueling, it's EV, just plug it in, until it needs new batteries which is not going to be needed for a while still.. You can drive it all day on a charge depending on how far you drive? Easily done for local jaunts around town then home to recharge.

AAS have never had a problem servicing mine, and I've never seen a farang in the service dept (except for a customer). The tech's have all been trained, and the workshop has all the right diagnostic tools.

AAS have never had a problem servicing mine, and I've never seen a farang in the service dept (except for a customer). The tech's have all been trained, and the workshop has all the right diagnostic tools.

That is good to know. Are they good at servicing all imports?

The reason I ask is because I've been toying around with the idea of buying a Holden Monaro HSV.

Aussie/American style muscle but steering wheel on the proper side for Thailand roads. Not exotic but hell of fun to drive.

The reason I ask is because I've been toying around with the idea of buying a Holden Monaro HSV.

Aussie/American style muscle but steering wheel on the proper side for Thailand roads. Not exotic but hell of fun to drive.

AFAIK, AAS only service Porsche - I've never seen anything else in there.

I can't see too many places having diagnostics tools or any expertise on the American mechanicals in your Aussie car.

I can't see too many places having diagnostics tools or any expertise on the American mechanicals in your Aussie car.

Yontrakit has the diagnostic gear for the Aussie Commodores.

• Like 1

And with their supercharging network, you can drive all over Europe for free.

Nothing in life is free. someone somewhere is paying to charge that battery cell in that vehicle.

Yes. Its paid by Tesla. Their superchargers are mostly powered with solar power.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"I've never seen a farang in the service dept"

Sorry but that is not a selling point for me. Working in construction an manufacturing here in Thailand, I fully understand the value in having farangs working in some operations. Considering the Tesla cost well over 15million baht here in Thailand, I would prefer to have a farang involved in the servicing of such vehicle.

Owning a Tesla in Thailand would be more of a headache than anything else.

The more simple the technology, the better.

Yontrakit has the diagnostic gear for the Aussie Commodores.

Thanks for the update.

Luckily these cars are very simple in design. Heck I can do some of the repairs myself.

Not sure why anyone would want a Tesla here in Thailand.

The technology is too new and there just isn't a large support network of Tesla mechanics to service them.

I hear of many horror stories an headaches people have with Mercedes S-class, BMW 5 & 7 Series and Jaguars which are not exotic limited production vehicles.

If you want a high end luxury car in Thailand, you're better off with Lexus LS-460. Same same as Toyota but different.

Under the skin it has the same shared parts with other Toyotas sold here in Thailand with a huge parts an technican support newtwork.

There is no truth to servicing luxury cars in Thailand. Local techs can fix most problems and no foreign tech are flown in to service cars. Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche have very good parts support. But as a bmw owner, I do face "horror" servicing as well, its usually on the lines of needing to change an entire component, instead of changing part of the component which is the reason why the car has a problem.

Agree, AAS does a good job servicing porsche. My porsche is cheaper to maintain and service than my bmw.

AAS does actually restore cars and are able to work on most brands, I've seen them servicing Maserati, Rolls Royce, restoring old jaguars and more. The royal family's Rolls are serviced there regularly.

Rolls Royce and Jaguars believe it or not are very simple cars. Very fine cars indeed but are not over-engineered like the high-end German cars.

BMWs after their warranty expires can be a real headache to own. Even back in the US where they have a huge service network, many become garage queens an money pits. Probably better to go with a Porsche instead.

Rolls Royce and Jaguars believe it or not are very simple cars. Very fine cars indeed but are not over-engineered like the high-end German cars.

BMWs after their warranty expires can be a real headache to own. Even back in the US where they have a huge service network, many become garage queens an money pits. Probably better to go with a Porsche instead.

I believe it, not. :)

• Like 1

"Not over-engineered" that's an understatement but truer words were never spoken, and not in a good way..

Not really sure what that means, but we're both responding to a guy comparing "British" to "German" cars, that doesn't even know that Rolls Royce is BMW ;)

• Like 1