Small changes for extensions at Phuket Immigration office.

merijn

Some of those mentioned changes are maybe normal for other immigration offices but not for Phuket immigration.

People can now get an extra 7 day extension with good reason on top of their normal extension.

For example people with with a tourist visa can get a 30 day extension as normal and then another 7 days to get a specific flight. (have to show flight tickets etc)

The 60 day extension for Thai child or marriage can now be done at each entry (before only once a year) but after the normal extension. ( for example tourist visa, 60 day + 30 day normal extension + 60 day extension for Thai child) But the 60 day extension is at the discretion of the immigration officer.

This is based on what? One persons ability to talk immigration into it in one particular situation or have you seen some document showing this? With out an official source this means nothing and should not relied upon.

Based on official notification of Phuket Immigration to their staff.

If you don't believe it, Go and ask them.

This is based on what? One persons ability to talk immigration into it in one particular situation or have you seen some document showing this? With out an official source this means nothing and should not relied upon.

Are you Phuket immigration staff?

NomadJoe, Send you a PM.

NomadJoe, Send you a PM.

Sounds like a legitimate question as to the source of your information that you posted in an open forum. Why hiding the response in a PM unavailable to others who must assume your O/P is just another rumor?

Sounds like a legitimate question as to the source of your information that you posted in an open forum. Why hiding the response in a PM unavailable to others who must assume your O/P is just another rumor?

Since merijn always has reliable information on Phuket immigration I would trust his information in this as well.

I have also heard ( 1st hand tuesday) for retirement extension they are asking for Prof of where ur staying,

PLUS if ur renting a copy of the rental agreement and signed copy of landlords ID card ( never asked when i did my extension in June or ever before.)

Getting more paperwork now for everyone.

and even the volunteers are getting upset with the constant changes

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

NomadJoe, Send you a PM.

Not that my opinion matters, but I spoke to merijin in pm and now believe this information is correct. Thank you merijin for sharing.

Edited by NomadJoe

I have also heard ( 1st hand tuesday) for retirement extension they are asking for Prof of where ur staying,

PLUS if ur renting a copy of the rental agreement and signed copy of landlords ID card ( never asked when i did my extension in June or ever before.)

Getting more paperwork now for everyone.

and even the volunteers are getting upset with the constant changes

Everybody who enters Thailand has to be registered at Immigration or Police within 24 Hrs of arrival to confirm the address where they are staying. (the address on the arrival card does not count as registration)

For tourist this is normally not a issue as the hotels are required to do this but for us as long stayers we (or the landlord in case of rentals) have to do this reporting.

When you do a long stay extension renewal the officer will now check the immigration computer system to see if you are registered at the address used in your TM7 form.

If you did the registration as required there is no problem and your extension will be done as before.

If you are not registered at the address they have to do the registration together with he extension and therefore they need the house papers or rental agreement with landlord id.

The registration was always required but as many things they never cared about this but as we all know they are getting more strict in following the rules.

Edited by merijn