British backpacker arrested for suspected murder of fellow Britons at Koh Tao

webfact

Im afraid ive just seen the pictures really wish i hadnt but in a way glad I did sad.pngsad.pngsad.png .......... OMFG the poor girls injuries are HORRIFIC, i had no idea... the rage involved to do that is soo Over The Top, the poor girls family ........ this person or persons have to be caught, if not they he/ they will do this again.

Yes, there were extensive injuries. These images will forever haunt Thailand.

I, for one, will never view them but am already haunted by the descriptions I've found impossible to avoid.

Neither will I ever intentionally view either a clip, nor even a still photo, of Jihadist murder which is posted on-line.

Ignorance is bliss and I prefer not to afford the sick perpetrators of either type crime, nor their (unwitting?) accessories to the fact, any oxygen of publicity.

I don't need to have personally witnessed an atrocity to imagine it.

Well they've been permanently archived outside Thailand so there's no possibility to ever remove / cover them up now.

I know.

But, as said, I'll not view them.

Up to you if you do/did.

But if you have/will then you are feeding it.

I can sleep at night with no more images in my head other than those that my imagination allows and which can be "blocked or left until later" by said imagination. Those who have actually viewed them can't.

I hope you are not one who has viewed them by accident I despair for you (and us) if you have viewed them through choice.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they've been permanently archived outside Thailand so there's no possibility to ever remove / cover them up now.

I know.

But, as said, I'll not view them.

Up to you if you do/did.

But if you have/will then you are feeding it.

I can sleep at night with no more images in my head other than those that my imagination allows and which can be "blocked or left until later" by said imagination. Those who have actually viewed them can't.

I hope you are not one who has viewed them by accident I despair for you (and us) if you have viewed them through choice.

Pretty much the same stance as me on images of this nature.

I appreciate they are out there, but I have no interest in viewing them. Years ago when I first got the Internet at home I remember searching for the Ken Bigley video and watching it. Instantly wished I'd never seen it and ever since have avoided anything like it.

• Like 2

Here we go again DNA doesn't match.

Okay I'll go back to what I've been saying, somebody posted on Hannah's original Facebook page telling why she was killed, he keeps saying that night they had a problem in the bar, a local Thai man was hitting on Hannah and Dave got in a argument with the Thai man.

Supposedly the Thai man left the bar and was hiding on the beach with a friend waiting for when they left.

Ive heard from many people on Koh Tao that this is what the word is but everybody is keeping quiet, everyone's scared of the locals family who own the land.

Most of all the workers at the bar left Koh Tao because all the bar tenders are foreigners with no work permits.

Also Koh Tao might be a small island but the Thai and Burmese boys smoke yah bah and yah ice on that island, usually sold by someone protected by the police. The level of corruption on Koh Tao is insane, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 cops that look after Koh Tao know who the killer is but is protecting him and throwing the Surat Thani police bad information.

Shame your statement is not thoroughly investigated considering its so plausible I myself believe every word of it. All the BS from the armchair Detectives just becomes farcical nonsense which makes this thread hijacked by all these theorists which has no relevance whatsoever other than their personal views.Thus, throwing anyone reading these delusional tv members drivel into confusion....

Its plainly obvious that if the Police investigation took onboard everything in a logical fashion rather than a biased view - the perpetrators would be sitting in Prison awating execution. It sickens me that tourism takes precedence over western people's lives. Its a SHAM !!! facepalm.gif

• Like 1

With the latest news, the smell of a cover up is becoming increasingly stronger. A few posters have alluded to " locals" and it wouldn't be the first time, think of Kirsty Jones and Leo Del Pinto for starters. I would assume they would also be ruling out the deceased, so that suggest another party of suspects who as of yet have not been identified as suspects

MrToad,

I sincerely agree with you on this and its really shameful they're not going after the real culprits to SAVE-FACE. To me its a cut n' dried case if they ever want to come clean and tell the world - THE TRUTH !!!!

If a pack of crazed Violent Thai men are found to have done this <snip> Its not ignorance to suggest if the native population are killing your kind you don't go there.

You have issues to deal with.

Again your out of touch its silly to think that grizzly murderous acts can be shrugged off.

Go on twitter , its a buzz with people saying ""thats it"" if Thai men are found to have done this act.

Brits in Particular are very concerned by the barbaric nature of this heinous crime.

I don't have issues banning my child from her intended visit.

This is a shocking crime.

No amount of twisting or Mandy Pandy fluffing of events can alter the fact.

People have an aversion to being murdered by their hosts.

It will affect tourism extremely so.

• Like 1

If a pack of crazed Violent Thai men are found to have done this <snip> Its not ignorance to suggest if the native population are killing your kind you don't go there.

Again your out of touch its silly to think that grizzly murderous acts can be shrugged off.

Go on twitter , its a buzz with people saying ""thats it"" if Thai men are found to have done this act.

Brits in Particular are very concerned by the barbaric nature of this heinous crime.

I guess you scared Britts either lock yourself in your rooms 24 hours a day since your own pack of crazed and Violent natives have been known to kill their own right in the UK. Maybe that is why you are so ignorantly determined to dismiss that one of your own kind likely did this.

Me I could care less the nationality, color or religion of the person who did this ... all people are my people. Given what has been the most reliable reports from police, it seems likely they were killed by somebody they were close with and could care less what nationality the victims again they are all people and there are some good people and some bad people and there are good people that do bad and bad people that do good and then there are those that make me realize how truly ignorant people can be because they they do things like refer to others as if they are animals or less important because of their skin color or nationality.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

Firstly the idea that no locals have been investigated is ludicrous. The concentration on everyone except a thai is just cowboy police work. Are they saying a thai wouldn't do this ? Do we need to remind them if the young girl raped and murdered on a train by a Thai ? Yes anyone nationality has the potential to commit this crime.

These particular islands have a culture of locals doing what they feel like. There is another article now on here saying DNA is not from backpackers friends.

My view is this was done by at least 2 locals. Backpackers generally don't have access to hoes! The Burma workers have all been cleared so the math says Thai.

Round up the local youth. DNA test every one of them. My gut says like you will find them here.

• Like 2

Firstly the idea that no locals have been investigated is ludicrous. The concentration on everyone except a thai is just cowboy police work. Are they saying a thai wouldn't do this ? Do we need to remind them if the young girl raped and murdered on a train by a Thai ? Yes anyone nationality has the potential to commit this crime.

These particular islands have a culture of locals doing what they feel like. There is another article now on here saying DNA is not from backpackers friends.

My view is this was done by at least 2 locals. Backpackers generally don't have access to hoes! The Burma workers have all been cleared so the math says Thai.

Round up the local youth. DNA test every one of them. My gut says like you will find them here.

Reports had them going house to house earlier in the investigation and they have also been trying to locate and question everyone who was in the bar that night. Because no Thais have been named as a suspect seems to indicate they have no Thais they suspect at this point but do have a friend with a cut and blood on cloths they picked up at the airport. They also had a video of an Asian they named as a suspect (was that a Burmese guy or have they no located this person?) they also had numerous witnesses (likely farangs) pointing to some suspicious acting foreign workers.

How many Thais have been questioned? Of course you don't have a clue as the only thing we are hearing is about those who have been questioned more deeply or who have been sought because of leads that have come up.

I have seen no proof authorities are tying to pin this on a non-Thai or not following up with leads related to a Thai but have read many posts here that seem to indicate a desire and almost need for it to be a Thai.

Just seems strange -- follow the leads is all they can do and the police could care less who it leads. They will only look bad if they fail to solve this case. A few tourist who may or many not come because it turned out to be a Thai vs. another person in Thailand isn't going to effect their small salary or their future. Handle the case badly and ignore leads and evidence or arrest the wrong people and call the case closed then certainly this will hurt them regardless of the nationality of who they incorrectly pin it on.

• Like 2

I guess you scared Britts either lock yourself in your rooms 24 hours a day since your own pack of crazed and Violent natives have been known to kill their own right in the UK. Maybe that is why you are so ignorantly determined to dismiss that one of your own kind likely did this.

Me I could care less the nationality, color or religion of the person who did this ... all people are my people. Given what has been the most reliable reports from police, it seems likely they were killed by somebody they were close with and could care less what nationality the victims again they are all people and there are some good people and some bad people and there are good people that do bad and bad people that do good and then there are those that make me realize how truly ignorant people can be because they they do things like refer to others as if they are animals or less important because of their skin color or nationality.

You assume far too much, (not surprisingly) and again try and make it personal.

Ironically , while arguing poorly , your case for no difference which nationality did this?

You try and label my nationality mistakenly by premise to conclusions badly drawn

I am Australian for a start .

Just as you do trying to make your case.

The case your trying to make that its somehow racist to infer the crime takes on greater significance if a Thai(s) did it reflects very weak logic.

This murder was extremely Violent, its human nature to keep loved ones from harms way.

Were Thais behind it , understandably people become frightened of placing their children in that environment , at the very least until they are caught.

Its simplistic to say others are wrong to be concerned at what race did this.

Just as the Thais wish a Burmese or Cambodian or westerner did this (for the same reason)

Tourist also hope Thais were not behind this .

As Thailand will become less attractive with that hanging over it.

By the Way Mr JohnThailand , your blind loyalty to Thailand is while amusing , a DNA test result could easily prove the killer is not western.

(as ours and theirs DNA are different)

You need to remind yourself that people fear killers.

If the killers are not caught it will cripple tourism there.

And if they are and found to be Thai also draw enormous and justified apprehension towards other Thais.

Good and bad in every race only goes so far-

And even the Thais know that argument won't fly.

its audacious to even suggest this is about race , more than a host country reeling with its tourism reputation.

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Wonder why they are ignoring going after the local farang community living and working there? crazy.gif

Lets face it, as somebody mentioned in referring to Thais, it could have been "a crazed pack of violent farangs" too. whistling.gif

Would make about as much sense and be based on the same amount of non-existent evidence and motive to suggest it.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Speaking for myself, I was in Koh Tao last year with 18 friends. Some of us had been to Thailand before and others hadn't. I spoke to my one friend earlier and she asked if that was where we went, I told her it was, she instantly said she won't go back to Thailand.

We live in Cardiff a UK city and both went to a school years ago that was in the middle of three rough estates (by UK standards) and she was adamant that she's never return. I told her she was silly, but she seemed that her mind was made up. It might change over time, but to pretend this won't have any effect is naive and blinkered really.

As for the Brit did this, you keep suggesting this, but the more and more evidence seems to suggest he didn't (yet you keep ignoring/dismissing it).

• Like 2

Fred, what are you going to do if it turns out they were murdered by another Brit? Ban your daughter from travelling with Brits? (though Scots may be okay if they've gone for independence).

A horrific crime, a Thai hoe is a powerful tool, committed by someone or some people crazed through drink, drugs or jealousy.If there are no matches with the DNA they'll have to take samples from all males on the island but could a fishing boat not have sailed away already? If it was the work of a gang, surely someone would have heard or seen something?

I really wish when something like this happens they'd immediately invite the British to rush some of their best people to aid in the investigation.

If nothing else it would show concern, and also prove transparency in the investigation.

Really, and if a Thai is murdered in the UK, will they invite Thai investigators over to 'aid the investigation'? Or is this just colonial thinking...?

Its abundantly and crystal clear. In tv there are THEM & US. Thai/FarangHood and us REAL Farangs. No matter what we say' they will always intervene quite systematically if you dare accuse anyone no matter how sinister or gross to dare point the finger (not appropriate to us Farangs, since its usually the otherway around) at any Local person in this country. What gets me is how the alienate us their fellow westerners at the drop of a hat. How far have they let themselves go to be brainwashed. Is it something in the food. Have the been coerced by something we are not familiar with ???

I can never ever get my head around it. You, don't have any special rights .. can't vote ... in fact non-entities as far as I can see in any legal capacity. Please for the love of God - get hold of yourself and think about what you would do if your family had this done to them .... Its really beyond a joke .. show empathy and compassion for others who derive from your own countries ....... I like Thai people as well however this place is far too lawless and extremely dangerous no matter what figures you come up with from other regions around the world. Just use common sense to see there is something deeply wrong here and needs to come to an abrupt end ...... No offense to anyone just trying to make you see the light .......

Edited by ScotBkk
  • Like 2

Here we go again DNA doesn't match.

Okay I'll go back to what I've been saying, somebody posted on Hannah's original Facebook page telling why she was killed, he keeps saying that night they had a problem in the bar, a local Thai man was hitting on Hannah and Dave got in a argument with the Thai man.

Supposedly the Thai man left the bar and was hiding on the beach with a friend waiting for when they left.

Ive heard from many people on Koh Tao that this is what the word is but everybody is keeping quiet, everyone's scared of the locals family who own the land.

Most of all the workers at the bar left Koh Tao because all the bar tenders are foreigners with no work permits.

Also Koh Tao might be a small island but the Thai and Burmese boys smoke yah bah and yah ice on that island, usually sold by someone protected by the police. The level of corruption on Koh Tao is insane, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 cops that look after Koh Tao know who the killer is but is protecting him and throwing the Surat Thani police bad information.

there are countless rumours out of koh tao right now not the least is that she was there before and dating a local worker, some say he may have been burmese, but like your speculation above, as yet unsubstantiated.

I really wish when something like this happens they'd immediately invite the British to rush some of their best people to aid in the investigation.

If nothing else it would show concern, and also prove transparency in the investigation.

Really, and if a Thai is murdered in the UK, will they invite Thai investigators over to 'aid the investigation'? Or is this just colonial thinking...?

Its abundantly and crystal clear. In tv there are THEM & US. Thai/FarangHood and us REAL Farangs. No matter what we say' they will always intervene quite systematically if you dare accuse anyone no matter how sinister or gross to dare point the finger (not appropriate to us Farangs, since its usually the otherway around) at any Local person in this country. What gets me is how the alienate us their fellow westerners at the drop of a hat. How far have they let themselves go to be brainwashed. Is it something in the food. Have the been coerced by something we are not familiar with ???

I can never ever get my head around it. You, don't have any special rights .. can't vote ... in fact non-entities as far as I can see in any legal capacity. Please for the love of God - get hold of yourself and think about what you would do if your family had this done to them .... Its really beyond a joke .. show empathy and compassion for others who derive from your own countries ....... I like Thai people as well however this place is far too lawless and extremely dangerous no matter what figures you come up with from other regions around the world. Just use common sense to see there is something deeply wrong here and needs to come to an abrupt end ...... No offense to anyone just trying to make you see the light .......

They have been pussywhipped! Happens to a lot of sad individuals over here!

• Like 1

what the hell is a fellow westerner? you and I share no connection based on our place of birth! and if in your opinion there is something deeply wrong here, I'm astonished that you choose to stay.

• Like 2

Is it possible to determine ethnic background from DNA sample?

I doubt anything but preliminary results are back yet and probably just from select blood and semen (which will probably turn out to be from the victim) there is absolutely nothing to indicate the assailant would leave his DNA on the victims. If the hoe was the murder weapon then they might get DNA off of it but it would be a process and have to weed through others whose DNA might be on it who handled the hoe. Despite earlier reports of possible rape, it is very doubtful rape was committed. If reports are accurate, what will be interesting is the DNA results from the blood supposedly found on a clothing article found in the friends suitcase he had when he was trying to board a plane out of the country.

But to answer your question, yes they can get an idea of ethnicity from complete DNA testing ... assuming they have DNA left behind by the person(s) who did this.

what? the thais lock their hoes up in a shed? lol

Thaiand John

Did you not see the quote from the Thai Colonel stating that it was not a Thai person who commited the murders. How does that come across as even handed , what impression does that give ?

Link please

Edited by metisdead
16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.