UK 'raises concern' over bikini remarks by Thai PM

webfact

The Daily Mail website should permanently be block to safe guard all innocent Thais.

I am not sure if they have been paid by Thaksin or what, but lately have been publishing a lot of negative things about Thailand, and some info is not exactly true. For example, it say Prayuth came to be PM from coup. Not true. Prayuth was elected by >97% of the voters.

Yesterday, Daily Mail has gone non-stop bad mouth Prayuth about his comment to alert women not to expose themselves too much. That is a very good fatherly advise. Nothing is wrong with that.

Was this guy smokin dope when he wrote this or is he just a plain one? Maybe he meant 97% of the ministers he put in and then they voted to make him the PM eh? If this guy was looking for a way to make people laugh he succeeded 100%.

As far as the bikinni's go didn't I read somewhere a few years ago the ministers were all up in a howl how seductively the school girls were wearing their skirts up to their um well what word can I use here and not get censored? haha. Is he suggesting the Thai chicks are ugly. Hell, there are more perverts at the schools checking out the girls than at the beaches.

it is currently agains the law to disrespect/and or incite bad feeling against the current government. i have in fact sent you comment to the relevant dept. you are not above the law. your IP is noted!

The Daily Mail website should permanently be block to safe guard all innocent Thais.

I am not sure if they have been paid by Thaksin or what, but lately have been publishing a lot of negative things about Thailand, and some info is not exactly true. For example, it say Prayuth came to be PM from coup. Not true. Prayuth was elected by >97% of the voters.

Yesterday, Daily Mail has gone non-stop bad mouth Prayuth about his comment to alert women not to expose themselves too much. That is a very good fatherly advise. Nothing is wrong with that.

The Daily Mail website IS blocked in Thailand and yes in effect Prayuth DID become PM from the coup, he was elected by 97% of cabinet ministers as an act of formality but there were no other candidates. Prayuth has not been elected by 'the people' but by the people whose jobs and possibly freedom depend on 'putting up' and 'shutting up'.

• Like 2

What rubbish. There has been no General Election therefore the General was not voted in by the people.. He has that role because of the Coup, fact.

How is a woman wearing a bikini on a beach exposing herself too much? Do you live on this planet, bikinis are worn safely all over the world on beaches all over the world but no one would ever be stupid enough to suggest that a beautiful woman wearing a bikini on the beach was asking to be raped and murdered,, at least not until now.

It is a stupid and insensitive comment that the poor, grieving family now have to read and it came from the PM of Thailand. Bikinis are sold all over Thailand, what does he want to do next, ban bikini sales to women who are beautiful? Who makes the judgement if they are ugly enough not to be at risk? Do you not see how totally stupid this comment was?

This does absolutely no good for the reputation of Thailand when the "leader of the country" is making remarks like this in the wake of a brutal murder.

I can assure you that people across the world will be reading his comments in disbelief exactly as I am.

Get your girlfriend to try wearing a bikini in ANY Arab country, probably Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei or most Muslim countries and see what happens to her and you.

Most people across the world will not be interested in reading what the PM of Thailand said. They will be too busy down at the pub, watching mindless soap operas of on Facebook etc.

• Like 2

I like this guy. He speaks the truth. Unlike politicians who invariably lie everytime they speak. Of course this is a terrible terrible act and there can be no excuse. But he doesn't mean that. Why do people like to self sensor themselfs with all the PC stupidity.

If you see a nutter driving a bi bike and 150 km ph then you obviously think - dangerous. If you see some young attractive girsl walking around almost naked then do you not also think - dangerous. If not then your a fool.

----------------

also to anyone that actually thinks that there is free speach in UK papers then they simply need to look at the way the papers have been covering the Scottish Independence issue. Completely biased. If anyone actually ever thinks the BBC is anything but a governement propagands organisation then i have a bridge in london for sale.

God bless Thailand

The truth has a time and a place to be spoken. He is out of touch with the norms of western culture.

The parents of the murdered girl have just arrived in Thailand. Their child is dead. They don't need, nor deserve to hear, the country's "leader" sexualizing their daughter, and deflecting the blame to her, just days after she was brutalized on holiday.

norms of western culture do not fit with norms of asian culture. think about that. could save your life or one of your close loved ones lifes one day!

Apparently, the Prime Minister of Thailand is not the only one out of touch with sensitivity for others.

How's this for you, better?

The truth has a time and a place to be spoken. He is out of touch with the norms of western culture.

The parents of the murdered girl have just arrived in Thailand. Their child is dead. They don't need, nor deserve to hear, the country's "leader" sexualizing their daughter, and deflecting the blame to her, just days after she was brutalized on holiday.

• Like 2

The story edited out his comment admitting that "there always was a problem with tourist safety in Thailand". That's the key point people need to understand. But more than that, it seems like the government just accept that and have no plan to improve safety.

Hardly likely. Apparently this island is run by 3 families who have the police in their pocket. There are many places in Thailand which are basically self policing with no preventative effort at all. His statements were completely out of touch with the situation.

Well they know where to start the first random DNA testing.

jb1

Are you working for the Junta PR department you should look for a new job. Man 97% of the voterscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ?? You dont like the real truth I guess.How about safe guard Thai peoples right to choice there own goverment?Aha sorry they did, 97% of them clap2.gif

• Like 1

"...Two of Miller's British friends [...] and several Myanmar migrant workers..." ??? So I have to understand that Thai Police don't even take under consideration possibility that this crime has been done by some Thai citizen criminal ??? coffee1.gif facepalm.gif[/size] [/size]

didn't we read a quote from the Thai police commander saying he found it difficult/impossible to believe a Thai could do such a thing?

• Like 1

Deputy govt spokesman says PM sorry over 'bikini quote'

BANGKOK: -- Deputy government Spokesman Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd said Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha was sorry after learning that his comment over the murder of British tourists caused a furore.

Sansern said Prayuth was also sorry that part of his statement was selectively played up without taking his intention into account.

Sansern said Prayuth had good intention to protect tourists and wanted to see all sides cooperate to increase security for foreigners.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-09-18

Any remarks pertaining to Russian males in Speedos?

• Like 1

Maybe time for TAT to advise people what is safe to do in Thailand and what not

attachicon.gifTest 1.jpg

To date TAT can only recommend tuk-tuk rides to the Grand Palace and to be sure and visit the Duty Free Shop before leaving Thailand.

not completely accurate - a tuk tuk driver will of course tell you that the Grand palace is actually closed today and you would much prefer to visit his cousin's jewellery shop for the real Thai tourist experience.

• Like 2

though may be perceived as insensitive, in a way he is correct in that there is a % of males in the male dominated society that could/would indeed mentally process a bikini as an invitation for violence. sad but true.

LOL the anti-bikini feminist police.

• Like 2

Absolute Bollacks

Unlesss "Bollacks" is a word that means "example of good lampooning" I think that some humour just passed straight you by terryp (and your likees)smile.png

As I said in an other thread:

Although highly inappropriate and disrespectful towards the grieving families, General
Prayut Chan-o-cha does have a point but at least he could have followed his own
philosophy: "Sometimes it's not good if I speak too much ...."