UK 'raises concern' over bikini remarks by Thai PM

webfact

The Daily Mail website should permanently be block to safe guard all innocent Thais.

Yeah !!! Exactly like from George Orwell.. Let's block all media which can have any critical opinion about LOS and Innocent Thais... "innocent" ??? I mean... seriously ???cheesy.gif

Have you tried to open the daily mail website? it is actually blocked by the Thai authorities. The only way to access it is using a VPN

• Like 1

In the village and Roi-Et I feel at home, in fact no where else in the World do I feel more at peace with myself and the World. But tourist Thailand? No chance.

You live in a village in Roi Et, you poor sod. I am so happy I am not there !

• Like 1

All reports so far indicate that the girl wasn't wearing a bikini; she was clothed. Perhaps the PM might also mention that some Thai men have a 'right to rape' mentality, from the poorest most uneducated to the idiots at Durex to the more powerful pooyais like the previous Tourism Minister the late Chumpol who also chose to blame the (Dutch) rape and bashing victim in Krabi.

In UK they have the police in front of every pub,

we dont want to have this situation here in Thailand as reason of brits !!

That makes concern to us !!

really do they now ? I must have missed the boys in blue then standing outside the last time I was drinking in a pub in the UK...rolleyes.gif

in conclusion stop talking Bollacks

• Like 1

Well it is consistent with Lonely Planet's advice, dress conservatively so as not to offend the locals. Only goes one way of course; western countries are expected to be tolerant of visitor's cultural differences.

I've asked this before do you consider it advice or is it simply trying to shift some of the blame?

• Like 1

Deputy govt spokesman says PM sorry over 'bikini quote'

BANGKOK: -- Deputy government Spokesman Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd said Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha was sorry after learning that his comment over the murder of British tourists caused a furore.

Sansern said Prayuth was also sorry that part of his statement was selectively played up without taking his intention into account.

Sansern said Prayuth had good intention to protect tourists and wanted to see all sides cooperate to increase security for foreigners.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-09-18

Why can't he say it himself?

Exactly +1

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

Thank you British authorities! So happy you have come forward and supported sanity. "We don't want any more crime", well duh! Like the rest of us do? The road to hell is paved with good intentions General.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.

In Thailand the culture is NOT to wear revealing clothes.

Abide by Thailand's cultures and don't do it !

So when did Thailand's culture change oh mighty Ajarn ?.... upto the mid 1940's or there abouts, Thai ladies used to walk around all day with their "lunch buckets" hanging out for the world to see, if one refers to the basreliefs at Angkor Wat, bare breasted ladies everywhere as well

• Like 1

good point!

Maybe insensitive but he has a point. There is no bikinis or even swimming suits worn by locals at local beaches and only a few westernized thais wear them at tourist places and then much bigger than western bikinis. Unfortunately.

The only thais you will see wearing western bikinis are pros looking for a custumer or already with one.

Told this years ago by the wife saying girls in bikinis are putting themselves in danger. Most loso thai men have little respect for women and just see women as meat.

The shorts under skirts are worn for a reason.

I actually think the PM's comments may say more about what he thinks about some Thai men than it does about foreign female tourists wearing bikinis.

Is he saying that Thai men can't be trusted around young attractive western girls in bikinis and therefore, these girls are not safe wearing such attire on the beach in Thailand?

That was the first comment out of my Thai old lady. "The news said she was naked on the beach. Why do farang do that? Don't they know a man might see her and take her"?

I've seen a lot of other comments across the news in Thai basically stating "what did you expect would happen farang"?

• Like 1

So basically if a Thai lady is walking around wearing skimpy shorts and a revealing top is it fair game to sexually assault her? Absolute rubbish.

What worries me most is not the comments from the PM, but the fact that every day Thai's actually think that's right and can't see this situation for what it is. Are they incapable of being assess the situation or just thick?

No it doesn't mean that at all, but it doesn't change the way some very low educated people with their levels of sexual equality in the dark ages from thinking like that. Especially after a few laos kaos or 30.

It's about keeping yourself safe.

There is only one reason why foreign tourists in bikinis are tolerated on Thai beaches, and that is because of the $$$ earned from these tourists.

Most Thai people are conservative in outlook and frown upon the wearing of such clothing. Remember that most Thais are Buddhist, with a large Muslim minority (majority in the south).

Don't think for one minute that you would be welcome on the beaches of Thailand in your bikini if it were not for your money.

you mean the buddhist conservatives that drink alcohol all the time, rape children/school girls/women, kill each other over loss of face. etc, yes I can see how such conservative buddhists would be outraged at bikinisblink.png

• Like 1

All youngsters before they come to Thailand should be made aware of the Thai code of conduct and dress. Some might say that the way young European girls dress in

public places could be seen to be an open 'invitation'. Cover up not only when visiting Temples here. Thailand is not Sweden or Ibiza.

Thailand is very safe compared to 99% of the rest of the world, so don't hesitate to come here.

There is only one reason why foreign tourists in bikinis are tolerated on Thai beaches, and that is because of the $$$ earned from these tourists.

Most Thai people are conservative in outlook and frown upon the wearing of such clothing. Remember that most Thais are Buddhist, with a large Muslim minority (majority in the south).

Don't think for one minute that you would be welcome on the beaches of Thailand in your bikini if it were not for your money.

you mean the buddhist conservatives that drink alcohol all the time, rape children/school girls/women, kill each other over loss of face. etc, yes I can see how such conservative buddhists would be outraged at bikinisblink.png

So what compels you to willingly remain in such a place then?

So basically if a Thai lady is walking around wearing skimpy shorts and a revealing top is it fair game to sexually assault her? Absolute rubbish.

What worries me most is not the comments from the PM, but the fact that every day Thai's actually think that's right and can't see this situation for what it is. Are they incapable of being assess the situation or just thick?

No it doesn't mean that at all, but it doesn't change the way some very low educated people with their levels of sexual equality in the dark ages from thinking like that. Especially after a few laos kaos or 30.

Dont talk about large numbers of the "resident" farang population like that they have feelings as well...rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Maybe insensitive but he has a point. There is no bikinis or even swimming suits worn by locals at local beaches and only a few westernized thais wear them at tourist places and then much bigger than western bikinis. Unfortunately.

The only thais you will see wearing western bikinis are pros looking for a custumer or already with one.

Told this years ago by the wife saying girls in bikinis are putting themselves in danger. Most loso thai men have little respect for women and just see women as meat.

The shorts under skirts are worn for a reason.

That's still backwards-thinking. Doesn't matter if it comes from your wife. Its sexism against men in that it implies they can't control themselves.

Its sexism against men in that it implies they can't control themselves.

Does this not applie to some Thai men (read the news about shooting e.g.)

I actually think the PM's comments may say more about what he thinks about some Thai men than it does about foreign female tourists wearing bikinis.

Is he saying that Thai men can't be trusted around young attractive western girls in bikinis and therefore, these girls are not safe wearing such attire on the beach in Thailand?

But it wasn't the story that Thais are not suspected because they don't do such things ?

Edited by max72
  • Like 1

Dont talk about large numbers of the "resident" farang population like that they have feelings as well...rolleyes.gif

biggrin.png Naughty.