Abhisit will lead team to defend the Democrat party in party's dissolution case

webfact

Abhisit will lead team to defend the Democrat party in party’s dissolution case

9-18-2014-10-01-17-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva will lead the party’s legal advisors to defend before the Election Commission Friday against the accusations of core leaders of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship that the party consented its members and executives to join the anti-government protests of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee.

The UDD core leaders led by Pol Maj Sa-ngiam Samranrat, also a former MP of the Pheu Thai party, have demanded that the Democrat party be dissolved for allowing its executives and members to lead the protests against the Yingluck government earlier this year.

Mr Wirat Kalayasiri, the party’s chief legal advisor, claimed that the Democrat party was not involved in erecting the protest stage and in the protests. The PDRC leader, Mr Suthep Thuagsuban, and Mr Thavorn Senniam, PDRC core member, had resigned from the party before leading the protests, he said.

Meanwhile, Democrat deputy leader Nipit Intharasombat insisted that the party had never adopted a resolution allowing its members to join the protests. He cited a ruling of the Constitutional Court that the PDRC was entitled to stage the protests against the Yingluck government.

(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/abhisit-will-lead-team-defend-democrat-party-partys-dissolution-case/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring stuff.....all political parties should be disbanded....!

I had thought that there were no more parties once the Army took control. But if they are still a party then I agree. They should all be dissolved and its members forbidden to engage in any form of politics forever. They have all shown to be self serving and crooked.

I had thought that there were no more parties once the Army took control. But if they are still a party then I agree. They should all be dissolved and its members forbidden to engage in any form of politics forever. They have all shown to be self serving and crooked.

I hesitate to say they are all crooked, but I think it's fair to say they are all ineffective and petty, ban them all for incompetence.

So you know all of them personally do you?

Who do you think might take part in any elections next year?

No...I don't know any of them personally...and have no interest to know them....?

No doubt many of the familiar names will appear on the ballot papers.....but hopefully, before the next election, there are processes in place to eliminate at least some of the useless and crooked ones.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight, a PTP MP that is also a UDD leader wants the opposition party disbanded because some of it's members took part in anti-government protests?

That takes hypocrisy to an astounding level.

Slight correction . . .

Let me get this straight, a PTP MP that is also a UDD leader wants the opposition party disbanded because some of it's ex-members took part in anti-government protests?

Leading on from that, will both PTP (PT) and/or UDD (and all their other incarnations) also be disbanded for taking part in anti-Government protests from previous years? Or are they OK cos they "resigned" from their respective parties before engaging in the riots?

• Like 1

More to the point, some of the UDD leaders became MPs BECAUSE they led the anti-government protests, and the current UDD leader would have been one of them except for a slight miscalculation.

It is immaterial to this argument that they were appointed as MPs while facing serious criminal charges to prevent those charges from proceeding aka perverting the course of justice.

Edited by halloween

Probably no one for one simple reason. I think you can guess what that is.

At least none of the UDD leaders as they may well all be incarcerated by then.

History is a great teacher, so today's lesson boy's n girls is Thai political history.

• Dems hold onto power for many years and concern themselves for themselves, Farmers? who cares,,, just stupid buffalo.
  • Election, Thaksin wins, Dem's and BKK elite don't like the umpire's (the people) decision, judicial coup,
  • Dem's steal the government from the people.
  • elections, the umpire's decide and PTP win's government.
  • The Dems don't like it and the elite can't accept the umpire's decision again, judicial coup, followed by, military coup.
  • military hand over government.
  • elections. ETC,ETC,ETC....
  • and that ends todays lesson.

Would any poster think this comment is a trifle one sided???.............5555555555555 You want a lesson re PTP capacity on TVF is not enough to post it all.

A trifle one sided or not,,, it is correct... Now the big thing is can a politician learn from history and make the change and accept the umpire's decision this time?

History is a great teacher, so today's lesson boy's n girls is Thai political history.

• Dems hold onto power for many years and concern themselves for themselves, Farmers? who cares,,, just stupid buffalo.
  • Election, Thaksin wins, Dem's and BKK elite don't like the umpire's (the people) decision, judicial coup,
  • Dem's have the government handed to them without consent of the people.
  • The Dems don't like it and the elite can't accept the umpire's decision again,
  • dissolve government and ask the people again,
  • elections. Yellows and Suthep supporters block voters polling stations and beat men and woman and terrorize anyone that wants to vote.
  • PTP government wins, Dems can't accept peoples discern again.
  • judicial coup, followed by, military coup.
  • What have we learned today?

Dissolve the dems or not no matter nothing will change except the name,, same snouts in the trough eating as much as they can.

Mark try putting in place policies for ALL the people and not just the few and you might just have a chance...

And pigs might fly.

Yo propaganda buddy! I have a question for you that is related to the topic.

Do you think the UDD has a case? Should the Dems be dissolved because their guys joined anti government protests?

I agree with post #6.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

• The Dems don't like it and the elite can't accept the umpire's decision again,
  • elections. Yellows and Suthep supporters block voters polling stations and beat men and woman and terrorize anyone that wants to vote.

Dissolve the dems or not no matter nothing will change except the name,, same snouts in the trough eating as much as they can.

Mark try putting in place policies for ALL the people and not just the few and you might just have a chance...

And pigs might fly.

Maybe you should look at how many years the Democrats have actually been in power.

• Like 1

Thailand seems to be getting along quite nicely without politicians,

Fighting among each other for a bigger piece of the pie,only out

for themselves,never mind the country,dread the day they will

return,the only thing they are good for is amusement.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Thailands adoption of democracy didn't come about peacefully but through revolution in '32 ever since then it's been beset by both popular and unpopular coups,it's been said over and over Thailands not ready for democracy-I disagree I believe most Thais embrace it -the free and fair election system,the right to vote etc...but democracy without rules and laws is akin to tyranny by the majority-a wolf pack or Fung mah bah in local parlance.The last government were a wolf pack they where not the first probably not the last..it's not thai democracy that's the problem it's working within the rules of democracy and respecting the law that's their undoing-deference to position and wealth over law and order is and will always halt Thailands progress and Thais prosperity.

• Like 2

And pigs might fly.

Do you think the UDD has a case? Should the Dems be dissolved because their guys joined anti government protests?

I agree with post #6.

I think that all people and that includes politicians have a right to protest, even though a trained monkey could do a better job than many in office

I don't care much for the UDD. I do think that elections should be respected NOT blockaded and thugs beating men and women trying vote and said thugs should be thrown in gaol... and the looser has time to think why they lost and remedy that,

and as for "Yo propaganda buddy" really is that the best you got? haha... you call it propaganda I call it facts,,, care to disprove any of it? I think you'll let that challenge go by huh?

BTW, after yesterday's effort, your Stop it stop, stop, stop it,,, stop picking on my buddy, stop twisting his words, and almost everyone thought you were wrong, you get the message??? coz that was funny stuffcheesy.gif cheers buddy.

And pigs might fly.

I agree with post #6.

I think that all people and that includes politicians have a right to protest, even though a trained monkey could do a better job than many in office

I don't care much for the UDD. I do think that elections should be respected NOT blockaded and thugs beating men and women trying vote and said thugs should be thrown in gaol... and the looser has time to think why they lost and remedy that,

and as for "Yo propaganda buddy" really is that the best you got? haha... you call it propaganda I call it facts,,, care to disprove any of it? I think you'll let that challenge go by huh?

BTW, after yesterday's effort, your Stop it stop, stop, stop it,,, stop picking on my buddy, stop twisting his words, and almost everyone thought you were wrong, you get the message??? coz that was funny stuffcheesy.gif cheers buddy.

Oh please this is a one sided YAWN..red terror ?? Protest ??? 2010 protest ???. facts give all, if not=propaganda. yours is.

Elections when a diabolical PTP had to be kicked out. no way--Thailand had to be re trained by someone and that only left the army. Not forgetting who vouched for him to be PM, not a bad recommendation.

And pigs might fly.

I agree with post #6.

What a messy post. The propaganda buddy part must have taken its toll on you. Sorry for that mate. :) Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

And pigs might fly.

I agree with post #6.

What a messy post. The propaganda buddy part must have taken its toll on you. Sorry for that mate. smile.png

Ahhh Nicky, I thought I'd thrown down the gauntlet for you to come back and disprove any of the beautifully written list of facts, But nothing, just "What a messy post" you sound like chalky mate, BIG RED CROSS..... so c'mon Nicky, give it a crack mate, buddy, pal.

mark can dissolve the party if he likes, but after forming a new party what would have changed? not much I'd say.

No...I don't know any of them personally...and have no interest to know them....?

No doubt many of the familiar names will appear on the ballot papers.....but hopefully, before the next election, there are processes in place to eliminate at least some of the useless and crooked ones.

Actually the reply was to 'thesetat2013' not to your post.

I share your hope that before another election there will be something done to try get rid of the worst ones. There will be good politicians out there on both sides and people who just claim they are all the same are being ridiculous. The problem up to now has been they seem to be heavily outnumbered by the bad ones.