Acupuncture in Chiang Mai

BonnieandClyde

Mongkala Clinic... as far as I'm concerned, is the very best in town! When Chinese Medicine can be effective (and that's is NOT the case for EVERY problem,) the two doctors at Mongkala give excellent care and treatments, including acupuncture, herbal remedies, and food supplements. I've used their services for various problems for more than 10 years, and have always been satisfied with the results and the treatments.

I have used Mongkala Clinic with no resultant least five times. Also the one in the big Chinese herbal store in the Worrorot market. They have not really done any thing for me. That is not to say they won't help other people. Back in Canada I had tried a few and actually bought a ten session package with one. So I am not just saying I tried them and they did not help me. Strangely enough I have not given up on them.

I have Neuropathy and am going to try the Mongkala Clinic again. This time I am going to tell them that is the only thing I want worked on. In the past it has been for multiple things. My regular western Doctor say's give them a try. There is nothing Western medicine can do other than vitamin B12 and some pain killers which I refuse to take. I also have custom made insoles to help.

Give them a try and try them more than once. I have known many people they have helped.

I've tried Chinese herbs and acupuncture at several different clinics in Chiang Mai for arthritis pain. Neither one worked for me and the acupuncture hurt too much to continue for more than a few weeks. I guess that it works for some people, but I am not one of them.

Thanks for the input.

It didn't work for many people we know,and know of; but it did work for many others.

It's worth a try unless you are being charged exorbitantly... and that's seldom the case for medical care here in Chiang Mai.

Much obliged for the replies.

• 1 year later...

Chinese medicine works well for many problems... but not all.

Western medicine works well for many problems... but not all.

If you're not getting the results you want from Western medicine try the Chinese style.

If you're not getting the results you want from Chinese medicine try the Western style.

They both work for much of our problems, but neither system offers guarantees.