technical trrm for gremlins in my galaxy....

Showbags

My samsung tablet.....just yesterday the mini memory csrd stopped working.....tried to put it in my laptop....no work....put anothrr card in tablet and that works.....so all saved photos and docs on the card cannot open now..

This was preceded by tablet hanging for the last few weeks and some things operating a little slower, then it just shutdown...upon startup....memory card not work?

Any ideas why and how to retrieve ?

Sound like a bad sdcard. Android media discovery scans sdcard memory on startup, and if the card has issues it will cause the process to hang while the retry/timeout routine runs.

As muratremix mentions, you can try recovering the sdcard contents by downloading and running either a partition and/or file recovery program on your PC.

Though, if the sdcard electronics are bad you probably won't get very far.

You can try using Piriform's Recuva, from the same people who make CCleaner Professional.

If the normal recovery doesn't reveal anything you can try performing a "Deep Scan".

I've had really good luck with it in the past, put a recent recovery attempt only gave lackluster results, it showed recently deleted files as having portions overwritten (when?) an marked them unrecoverable.

• Like 1

And if it was a cheap, no-name memory card don't buy anymore. Buy only brand-name SDCards which I will admit is still no guarantee it's not a knockoff/fake, but at least your changes of the card being real improve greatly "if" the SDcard seller seems to be honest seller of good products. I bought a no-name SDCard off Ebay once...durn good price....but I had nothing but problems with it in my household tablets and smartphones...it would occasionally "corrupt" a file(s) or just not mount...tried it in several devices with the same results. After switching to using SanDisk SDcards I haven't had any SDCard issues on any of my 5 Android type smartphones and tablets in my household. And I got one or two Kingston SDCards that work fine.

Now one time when I accidentally deleted an album of pictures (thought I was deleting one picture but was actually deleting a whole album) I "immediately" removed the SDCard to prevent anymore "writes" to the card by other apps which could reduce or destroy any hope of doing any file recovery, and used a variety of freeware to recover most of the pictures. This happened about six months ago and I tried a variety of freeware to attempt recovery and each one seem to have a different success rate. I "think" the MiniTool Power Data Recovery app provided the best results for me because it's the only one I still have loaded on my computer and if I remember right I uninstalled all but the one that gave me the best results. I'm also much more attentive now when deleting pictures to make sure I'm not deleting a whole album of pictures instead.

• Like 1

+1 to what PIB said. There are a lot of Kingston fakes in the 32gb and above range. I had the same thing happen that happened to you. I tried several memory card recovery tools available if you Google "SD Recovery" but none of the free ones worked for me and nothing on my card was worth paying for one.

I now buy my memory cards at major retailers like Tesco and Big-C. No 100% guarantee of authenticity but better odds.