Tesco service gone downhill

Keesters

Good post, Keesters. I wouldn't be altogether surprised if Tesco employees in the UK didn't pick up on your thread. Multinationals routinely monitor social media to guage what customers are thinking about them. It's a burgeoning form of market research. Tesco at this time can ill afford to upset it's customers and see it plastered all over the internet.

That's a good part of the reason I've done it. Local Tesco couldn't give a fig. Even told them I'd contact UK. Made no difference. Not sure however how much influence Tesco UK have though except it is their brand name.

I once contacted coca-cola USA regarding coca-cola Thailand and they replied they had nothing to do with it as it was a completely independent company who were licensed to use the brand.

Did have success with Philips, Panasonic, Electrolux and Pfizer home country head offices who all made their Thailand offices stop ignoring me when I phoned or emailed them about their products. Most times it resulted in additional sales to the Thai company.

Generally I'd say customer service/support is very poor in Thailand. Tiger motorcycles refuse to tell me where my nearest branch is so I can go buy a new one to replace the one I have that is now 10 years old but still going strong. It was only 8 years old when I first started asking. 555

is complaining a hobby for you?

Not in the least. If you'd bothered read my post fully you would see that I said that most times it resulted in additional sales to the Thai company. I was not complaining to them I was inquiring information.

Coca-cola - Could their delivery trucks please carry diet coke when they deliver to my Thai friends shop. I have to go pick it up for her. She had asked driver many times but it never happened.

Philips - A question about one of their coffee makers that the store could not answer. They answered eventually and I purchased the product.

Panasonic - where can I return my land-line phone for repair under guarantee. Shop had refused to take it back. Eventually answered and fixed, and since purchased another one.

Electrolux - who can come and service my clothes dryer? Eventually answered and serviced. Local repair shops around all failed to isolate the problem.

Pfizer - as I regularly kennel my dog where can I obtain kennel cough vaccine? Many vets in Pattaya hadn't even heard of it. Non stocked it. Now readily available and purchased at my vet/kennel.

Tiger - might be a sale if they bothered to tell me where I can buy.

But it does seem, judging by the 2 of yours here, that making silly posts is your hobby.

Edited by Keesters

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently sitting upstairs in Tesco Threpasit. Thai friends insisted. Escalator still not working. Plenty of fatties (farang & thai) huffing and puffing as they climb their way up. Tesco Wi-Fi not working, using True. Found one bench seat near g.f. lift door. Motorcycle entrance way still narrow but yappy dog missing. Cheers.

Thepprasit Tesco has a lift? Since when?

Since when was there a Tesco on Threpasit?

@Keesters said Escalator, not Elevator.

Many years...They call it Threpasit 1 branch on Google maps.

Didn't use the word elevator used lift as in Halfies query.

Tesco is British. Hence lift.

A lift is another word for elevator. I'm assuming he ment 'left' now. LennyW correct though. Outlet Mall is next to Tesco exactly on the corner so then Tesco is not on Thepprasit. The place still sucks though.

No I meant lift. Tesco Threpasit 1 is what they call it. Ring them and they know exactly where you mean. It is the first turning as you come off Sukhumvit.

I was at Tesco today, about the same time Keesters was there. Don't tell me that frumpy, grumpy, huffing, puffing, fat and sweaty farang was you, mate? I was the guy wandering up the spice aisle with his underpants on his head.

:). Only go to this place if I happen to be in the vicinity.

• Like 1

When I enter the Tesco on Sukumwit, I use the Outlet mall entrance on Thepprasit. Tesco has escalators not lifts to the upper level food restaurants.

Tesco call it Threpasit 1. You call it what you like but I'll continue to use what the Thais who built it and run it call it. Thai Outlet mall entrance you talk of is Threpasit Soi 1 even if it doesn't have a sign to say so. As you continue down Threpasit the next soi is signposted 3 with one of those ships wheels then 3/5 (I think they mean 3.5) then 5 then 7 and so on.

Tesco has both escalators and a lift. The lift is near to Swenson's at the bakery end of the building. How else do wheelchairs get up and down?

Jeez some people need to open their eyes. Wouldn't want to be near you while you're driving, you'll hit me and then say I wasn't there.

Edit for spelling

Edited by Keesters

I was at Tesco today, about the same time Keesters was there. Don't tell me that frumpy, grumpy, huffing, puffing, fat and sweaty farang was you, mate? I was the guy wandering up the spice aisle with his underpants on his head.

smile.png. Only go to this place if I happen to be in the vicinity.

Sorry to disappoint you but I didn't enter the food store. Stayed upstairs with my friends kids until their parents had finished shopping.

Now I feel silly. I've been going there for years and never knew they had an elevator. But then, I always use the entrace by the motorbike parking.

They don't have an elevator, they have a lift.

hJDuzf.jpg

Edited by Keesters

When I enter the Tesco on Sukumwit, I use the Outlet mall entrance on Thepprasit. Tesco has escalators not lifts to the upper level food restaurants.

Tesco call it Threpasit 1. You call it what you like but I'll continue to use what the Thais who built it and run it call it. Thai Outlet mall entrance you talk of is Threpasit Soi 1 even if it doesn't have a sign to say so. As you continue down Threpasit the next soi is signposted 3 with one of those ships wheels then 3/5 (I think they mean 3.5) then 5 then 7 and so on.

Tesco has both escalators and a lift. The lift is near to Swenson's at the bakery end of the building. How else do wheelchairs get up and down?

Jeez some people need to open their eyes. Wouldn't want to be near you while you're driving, you'll hit me and then say I wasn't there.

Edit for spelling

Hello, All I said was I enter Tesco via the Outlet Mall on Thepprasit. I have always referred to this Tesco on Sukumwit as the Thepprasit Tesco and so do most of my friends. Thank you for your school lessons about Thepprasit sois but I conduct business in the Keha buildings and am aware of the naming convention. Yes I am also aware there is a lift by Swenson for handicapped and to get supplies to the upper level, etc. I wish those using baby strollers would use it. You confused lift with escalator and corrected yourself. Apparently it is the lift and not escalators that are broken. It is the escalators that 99% of customers use for the food restaurants on the upper level.

One thing I can guarantee is my driving etiquette is better than your posting etiquette.

Edited by ThaiBob

Hello, All I said was I enter Tesco via the Outlet Mall on Thepprasit. I have always referred to this Tesco on Sukumwit as the Thepprasit Tesco and so do most of my friends. Thank you for your school lessons about Thepprasit sois but I conduct business in the Keha buildings and am aware of the naming convention. Yes I am also aware there is a lift by Swenson for handicapped and to get supplies to the upper level, etc. I wish those using baby strollers would use it. You confused lift with escalator and corrected yourself. Apparently it is the lift and not escalators that are broken. It is the escalators that 99% of customers use for the food restaurants on the upper level.

One thing I can guarantee is my driving etiquette is better than your posting etiquette.

I swear if I had known an elevator really existed I would have used it. That would explain the funny looks people were giving me. I only did it once though. But my child has grown out of the stroller and now i'll never get to use the elevator.

A lift is another word for elevator. I'm assuming he ment 'left' now. LennyW correct though. Outlet Mall is next to Tesco exactly on the corner so then Tesco is not on Thepprasit. The place still sucks though.

No I meant lift. Tesco Threpasit 1 is what they call it. Ring them and they know exactly where you mean. It is the first turning as you come off Sukhumvit.

It's called Lotat Pattaya Tai, and nothing else.

Edit for spelling

There was no confusion from the OP over the escalator issue. The up escalator at the Thepprasit side entrance is indeed not working.

It seems that there was a large gathering of TV'ers at Tesco Lotus today as I was also assisting in the weekly shopping at around 1pm.

Maybe it was a TV member who was ahead of me at the checkout who avidly checked his bill and found that he had been short-changed by 50 satang. Gave the checkout girl and my wife a good laugh and wasted 5 minutes of my life!!

Edited by dabhand
  • Like 1

Edit for spelling

There was no confusion from the OP over the escalator issue. The up escalator at the Thepprasit side entrance is indeed not working.

It seems that there was a large gathering of TV'ers at Tesco Lotus today as I was also assisting in the weekly shopping at around 1pm.

Maybe it was a TV member who was ahead of me at the checkout who avidly checked his bill and found that he had been short-changed by 50 satang. Gave the checkout girl and my wife a good laugh and wasted 5 minutes of my life!!

Would you believe that I have never stayed 5 minutes anywhere in the world listening to someone else issues with a cashier.

So in my opinion your wasted time was self inflicted.

Are you a TV'er by any chance ?

Edited by dBrown

Edit for spelling

Lifts, elevators, escalators? No confusion? Did you read post 38? The bottom line is that this is shopping mall needs a major overhaul/maintenance. Edited by ThaiBob
  • Like 1

Tesco has escalators not lifts to the upper level food restaurants.

Yes I am also aware there is a lift by Swenson for handicapped and to get supplies to the upper level, etc. I wish those using baby strollers would use it. You confused lift with escalator and corrected yourself. Apparently it is the lift and not escalators that are broken. It is the escalators that 99% of customers use for the food restaurants on the upper level.

You are the one confused about lifts and escalators and have contradicted yourself about lifts as you said in your first post Tesco does not have lifts and in the second you say it is broken. BOTH WRONG. The lift works and one of the escalators doesn't.

Yesterday I walked up the broken escalator and came down the working lift. I'm not confused at all.

Tesco has escalators not lifts to the upper level food restaurants.

Yes I am also aware there is a lift by Swenson for handicapped and to get supplies to the upper level, etc. I wish those using baby strollers would use it. You confused lift with escalator and corrected yourself. Apparently it is the lift and not escalators that are broken. It is the escalators that 99% of customers use for the food restaurants on the upper level.

You are the one confused about lifts and escalators and have contradicted yourself about lifts as you said in your first post Tesco does not have lifts and in the second you say it is broken. BOTH WRONG. The lift works and one of the escalators doesn't.

Yesterday I walked up the broken escalator and came down the working lift. I'm not confused at all.

SORRY but Tesco has a lift next to the popcorn boothcoffee1.gif

It is just the management. Tescos are highly variable. In many the quality and freshness are highly suspect.

The small one in San Sai Chiang Mai is terrible..stinks. Cannot go there. Go elsewhere! I think Makro is the best of the bunch, but there are lots of things you obviously can't get without buying 20 of them.

SORRY but Tesco has a lift next to the popcorn boothcoffee1.gif

The last sentence above is written by @sometime not @keesters. @sometime got his/her quoting wrong.

Now to the reply

And I have continually stated that it has a lift. My directions have been 'near Swenson at the bakery end'. People are more likely to know that than 'popcorn booth' which may easily move. So the point of your post is? And you're sorry for what?

I have never liked Tesco or BigC, but started to hate them while the 2011 flooding, when they had virtually nothing, but kilometers of chips and similar crap.

Their food sections are stinking most of the time (especially Tesco Sukhumvit).

Carrefour (and later Makro) were the only acceptable of the bunch.

I use Tesco/BigC only, if they have good promotions in the electronics sector, like the IQ 9.1 phone recently, or if I need car/bike accessories, like cleaning utensils shampoo, oil etc.

My wife uses them to buy her body cremes/shampoos only.

If you have a freezer, Makro is your friend. (Makro Rayong had pork shoulder for 115 Baht/kg last week)

I think if Tesco/BigC close tomorrow, I won't even notice that.

The last sentence above is written by @sometime not @keesters. @sometime got his/her quoting wrong.

Now to the reply

And I have continually stated that it has a lift. My directions have been 'near Swenson at the bakery end'. People are more likely to know that than 'popcorn booth' which may easily move. So the point of your post is? And you're sorry for what?

Could it be that it is because I also situate the lift near the popcorn booth, which isn't at the swennsens/bakery location, so there is a possibility that there are 2 lifts.

Now to the reply

Could it be that it is because I also situate the lift near the popcorn booth, which isn't at the swennsens/bakery location, so there is a possibility that there are 2 lifts.

Maybe. I don't know where the popcorn booth is located. What I do know is that from the bench seat next to the g.f. door of the lift I know I could clearly see both Swenson's and the bakery either of which would have taken not more than a few steps to reach. The 'bakery end' being distinct from the 'stationary and toys end' would give a good indication as to which part of the building I'm referring to and a guide as to where Swenson's is. Popcorn booth could be anywhere, where would one start looking? I didn't notice any popcorn but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. The kids I was with yesterday kept asking for ice cream pointing at Swenson's but we ended up buying at DQ with which they were equally happy. They never asked for popcorn.

Please note that I said NEAR not AT.