Sunday 04 Oct Ride

dave_boo

guys just use the cornerman system i put up the video to show how it works in another thread,you obviously want quite a quick experienced safe rider at the front ,you never get lost don't all have to wait at intersections and still get your speed fix from when you have had to mark a corner you get to race back behind the leader it really is a great system and the more bikes there are the better it seems to work...have fun wish i could join you...

p.s plan one in december /jan and i will join youbiggrin.png

yeah i know that tanin.

but, I believe, a sweeper is enough riding back and forth and keep the coordination between slow and fast rider. When sweeper sees slow riders very behind, he runs fast, reach the fast riders in the front and inform them to slow down and wait for others.

or if sweeper sees slow riders too slow, inform them to be fast a bit.

and anyway, if all riders in the group ride does their homework in advance and study the route and plan regarding intersections, turning points, markers, stops, fast sections, slow sections, curvy areas etc. nobody gets lost. All needed is fast riders needs to wait at the next turns or intersections. if no intersection or turns, fast riders slow a bit or wait for others 5 - 10 km later for courtesy.

actually an intercom system also do wonders on big group rides.

sort of missing the point of the system there 'll group rides you want everyone riding in a pace thatt is comfortable and safe for themselves you certainly don't want some one racing up and down the group telling faster riders to slow down and telling slower riders to speed up that is putting slower riders under pressure this is where accidents happen up to you as they say,or up to Dave as its his ride. Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys just use the cornerman system i put up the video to show how it works in another thread,you obviously want quite a quick experienced safe rider at the front ,you never get lost don't all have to wait at intersections and still get your speed fix from when you have had to mark a corner you get to race back behind the leader it really is a great system and the more bikes there are the better it seems to work...have fun wish i could join you...

p.s plan one in december /jan and i will join youbiggrin.png

yeah i know that tanin.

but, I believe, a sweeper is enough riding back and forth and keep the coordination between slow and fast rider. When sweeper sees slow riders very behind, he runs fast, reach the fast riders in the front and inform them to slow down and wait for others.

or if sweeper sees slow riders too slow, inform them to be fast a bit.

and anyway, if all riders in the group ride does their homework in advance and study the route and plan regarding intersections, turning points, markers, stops, fast sections, slow sections, curvy areas etc. nobody gets lost. All needed is fast riders needs to wait at the next turns or intersections. if no intersection or turns, fast riders slow a bit or wait for others 5 - 10 km later for courtesy.

actually an intercom system also do wonders on big group rides.

sort of missing the point of the system there 'll group rides you want everyone riding in a pace thatt is comfortable and safe for themselves you certainly don't want some one racing up and down the group telling faster riders to slow down and telling slower riders to speed up that is putting slower riders under pressure this is where accidents happen up to you as they say,or up to Dave as its his ride.

yes you are missing things tanin. with only 4-5 riders confirmed, i believe no need such complicated cornerman system.

so what if slow riders ride at 80 kph just bc they feel safe? or if they cannot see the leading group of fast riders?

and yeah up to dave but you are tanin i believe, right? and it is a group ride, it belongs to the group which you are not included.

you can do your cornerman system with your mates in UK.

Edited by ll2

Good luck on the ride out Dave I think you may need it with some off the attitudes on here

P.s it's not my cornerman system at all. Don't know who thought up the idea but it's widely used the world over by the majority of group riders .seriously don't think I would want to ride in any group with you in 'll and you wouldn't last 5 minuits in a proper group ride.

And if you think it's complicated you must be as thick as two short planks or not have a clue how to ride in a group.

Edited by taninthai

Can we kindly forget about back and forth comments? And about mentioning what speeds need to be maintained?

This is a group ride...not mine. The smallest bike possibly will be a 250. They confirmed that 120 is doable. Those wishing to ride faster than that won't be waiting long at checkpoints. So to keep up on this will just make people decide not to join.

• Like 1

Good luck on the ride out Dave I think you may need it with some off the attitudes on here

P.s it's not my cornerman system at all. Don't know who thought up the idea but it's widely used the world over by the majority of group riders .seriously don't think I would want to ride in any group with you in 'll and you wouldn't last 5 minuits in a proper group ride.

And if you think it's complicated you must be as thick as two short planks or not have a clue how to ride in a group.

Yes, good luck is needed for sure..OP quoted this..;As the feedback I've received has indicated that, similar to me, there will be a family ride-a-long quality to this,

You guys who want to do things ''your way'' should go play on your own ride..do your sweeping and racing somewhere else..even requesting a time change because of work commitments the next day..really???

The highwaybiker guy complains about feeling of disdain for ''big bike riders'' on this ride.....geez you can see why ,can you not..acting like a bunch of spoilt kids bah.gif

I hope you guys who can conform to the OP's simple requirements have an enjoyable and safe ride.

Yes, good luck is needed for sure..OP quoted this..;As the feedback I've received has indicated that, similar to me, there will be a family ride-a-long quality to this,

You guys who want to do things ''your way'' should go play on your own ride..do your sweeping and racing somewhere else..even requesting a time change because of work commitments the next day..really???

The highwaybiker guy complains about feeling of disdain for ''big bike riders'' on this ride.....geez you can see why ,can you not..acting like a bunch of spoilt kids bah.gif

I hope you guys who can conform to the OP's simple requirements have an enjoyable and safe ride.

man who are you? are you invited? do you have a bike? and even if you have a bike, do you think we ride with a squid intuitive rider like you? funny really.

just if you cannot join, leave your comments where they poop poop out. noone is asking your ideas.

so stop stalking me.

I l be alone so I can easily do 130-140, I enjoy this speed here when no traffic. But even before I said I want to join Dave had already stated speed of 120... And most of all as he later said , it is a friends ride. This alone should be a reason for no quarrels even before it started. May be less comments and arguments here will be better coz at the end he may change his mind. :)

• Like 1

As mentioned previously, I will join the ride if I am back in Bkk on that day. I will start from Asok so if any other riders are down that way before the rendezvous point in Laksi, we can meet up first and ride there together.

120kph is the indicated speed. I expect this would be the average cruising speed along clear stretches of road and not top speeds during the ride. It is normal that some riders might get caught behind traffic and would then have to open up the throttle up to 140/150 kph to catch up with the group. I think that this is still very safe. It is when the average cruising speed is 140/150 kph that riders caught up in traffic will have to really open it up to catch the group.

Main thing in a group ride is that every rider must ride within their comfort zone. Going through traffic and splitting traffic must be done with utmost care. Do not take unnecessary chances. It does not matter if you get left behind a little when going through traffic. As the group will only be cruising at 120 or thereabouts, it only takes a minute or less to catch up.

• Like 1

You must have been sitting in front of your keyboard waiting with baited breath for the opportunity to come along and troll.

At no conceivable juncture were you ever coming along on this or any future rides. So your non-constructive post is clearly a pathetic attempt to score some cheap points. Get a life Bruce. Or go riding if you are still able.

• Like 2

I l be alone so I can easily do 130-140, I enjoy this speed here when no traffic. But even before I said I want to join Dave had already stated speed of 120... And most of all as he later said , it is a friends ride. This alone should be a reason for no quarrels even before it started. May be less comments and arguments here will be better coz at the end he may change his mind. :)

I understand you are confirming without pillion? If so, thanks.

As mentioned previously, I will join the ride if I am back in Bkk on that day. I will start from Asok so if any other riders are down that way before the rendezvous point in Laksi, we can meet up first and ride there together.

120kph is the indicated speed. I expect this would be the average cruising speed along clear stretches of road and not top speeds during the ride. It is normal that some riders might get caught behind traffic and would then have to open up the throttle up to 140/150 kph to catch up with the group. I think that this is still very safe. It is when the average cruising speed is 140/150 kph that riders caught up in traffic will have to really open it up to catch the group.

Main thing in a group ride is that every rider must ride within their comfort zone. Going through traffic and splitting traffic must be done with utmost care. Do not take unnecessary chances. It does not matter if you get left behind a little when going through traffic. As the group will only be cruising at 120 or thereabouts, it only takes a minute or less to catch up.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be coming from Minburi area. If you or anyone else knows a better way out of Bangkok we can use that.

Still joining threads with the sole intention of attacking other posters i see. The difference between you and I on this thread is that I comment on what's said while you just slag off the poster.

Still joining threads with the sole intention of attacking other posters i see. The difference between you and I on this thread is that I comment on what's said while you just slag off the poster.

You conveniently left out this part.

.I hope you guys who can conform to the OP's simple requirements have an enjoyable and safe ride.

Sorry to derail the thread Dave-Boo but just wanted to clear something up.

It was suggested by another poster (aka my personal stalker) that the picture below was photoshopped (training wheels removed)

post-143305-0-75628500-1411715210_thumb.

Ok, I'll 'fess up. It's true. The bike that I was actually riding was this.

post-143305-0-80006000-1411715954_thumb.

I thought I did a good job with Photo shop, managing to redesign the whole bike, colours and all but was caught out by the eagle eyed poster.

So I hope you guys riding this Sunday don't mind a novice wannabe rider joining you all. Please note however that if you get behind me, you're gonna have a very hard time to overtake as my training wheels reach across the whole lane and a bit more besides, biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 2

dave, i am with a pillion rider. please note down. it will be a friendly and easy ride so my gf will come.

Good copy. So the ride is shaping up as below. Just don't forget that free registration is still open.

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion

JohnPark (Z800?) single

Nebula (CBR250) single

ll2 (CBR650) pillion

Tenative riders:

Gweiloman (ER-6 or Ninja 1000)

Bramds (CB500F)

Sorry to derail the thread Dave-Boo but just wanted to clear something up.

It was suggested by another poster (aka my personal stalker) that the picture below was photoshopped (training wheels removed)

attachicon.gif_PIC9801.JPG

Ok, I'll 'fess up. It's true. The bike that I was actually riding was this.

attachicon.gifIMG_2548.JPG

I thought I did a good job with Photo shop, managing to redesign the whole bike, colours and all but was caught out by the eagle eyed poster.

So I hope you guys riding this Sunday don't mind a novice wannabe rider joining you all. Please note however that if you get behind me, you're gonna have a very hard time to overtake as my training wheels reach across the whole lane and a bit more besides, biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

wow wow wow. hold on there!

he is not only your personal stalker gweilomanlaugh.png

dont take it personal, hahass.

envy you man for your CSB training in UK!

but please let your training wheels off for this group ridelaugh.png

dave, i am with a pillion rider. please note down. it will be a friendly and easy ride so my gf will come.

Good copy. So the ride is shaping up as below. Just don't forget that free registration is still open.

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion

JohnPark (Z800?) single

Nebula (CBR250) single

ll2 (CBR650) pillion

Tenative riders:

Bramds (CB500F)

I'll be on the Versys Dave. ER's down in Pattaya, Ninja drinks too much fuel even at relatively low cruising speeds. I'll try and see if I can get some chicks in riding pillion as well :)

Training wheels laugh.png

Dave, i really appreciate your effort preparing this kindergarten for a safe ride wink.png

wantan, why dont you join as well? i mean it.

Yeah wantan. Join us as well. I've got a feeling that it's gonna be a real fun day out. You would probably not meet a more dysfunctional group of riders, hahahaha.

• Like 1

I really thought about joining. Looks like a really nice event. But my bike and my skills dont meet the criterias, means not enough for such long ride at 120kmh average. I am comfortable with up to 4-500km per day, 580km is a tad too much sad.png

And i would have to pass complete Bangkok to get to the meeting point which would already take at least an hour one way and add some km. Too much for such lame guy like me who is used to wake up at 10am smile.png

But i hope you guys have a nice and safe ride.

• Like 1

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion

JohnPark (Z800?) single

Nebula (CBR250) single

ll2 (CBR650) pillion

Tenative riders:

Bramds (CB500F)

I'll be on the Versys Dave. ER's down in Pattaya, Ninja drinks too much fuel even at relatively low cruising speeds. I'll try and see if I can get some chicks in riding pillion as well smile.png

chicks? isnt it dangerous to ride a bike three people?:)

maybe one at front and on the back threesome style?biggrin.png you became too Thai gweiloman!

• Like 1

Yeah wantan. Join us as well. I've got a feeling that it's gonna be a real fun day out. You would probably not meet a more dysfunctional group of riders, hahahaha.

Don't lump those other fine fellows in the same "dysfunctional" group as me...it's not fair to them.

Dave,

Was looking at the route again and thinking that it might be a tad too long, especially at anticipated riding speeds. Worried that some might get tired or restless.

What do you think?

Looking over it, even coming back the same way we went means that we'll be on the road for 475km...and it would get boring heading back the same way we came.

yep dave 580 kph is a bit much. it takes at lest 8 hours with stops etc mayeb more under rain.

can we make it close to 400 kph?

i know you want to kill us dave:D

Y'all are a bunch of pansies...I'm open to alternative routes but the one I chose was because it was fairly easy, not traveled by the majority of the boardmembers and interesting.

Yeah, I'll be riding z800. Might change my tyres just incase it rains. After last group ride I've come to the realisation that Supercorsas are pish in the wet.

I had the Supercorsas on my Ninja 250...they worked great in the rain. I assume you have the "SC" version that needs to be really warm to work?

As I said, I'm labouring over a shorter ride...but it's hard to reach that wat and do it in 400. For all those with pillions, you'll thank me the next day after the pillion rewards you for taking them.

Confirmed riders:

Me (CB500X) pillion

JohnPark (Z800) single

Nebula (CBR250) single

ll2 (CBR650) pillion

Gweiloman (Versys) pillion

Tenative riders:

Bramds (CB500F)

Edited by dave_boo
  • Like 1