Up to you

THssii

So ive been together with my thai girlfriend over 2 years already and one thing that is annoying and confusing is that almost everything I ask is up to me, but certainy isnt. I ask if she wants to go to movies, up to me, if I usk if she wants to go eat some pizza again up to me. But when we arrive to the pizza restaurant she seems annoyed, like she didnt want to go there at all, but how should I know if she never tell if she wants to do something or not. Now we are planning to get married and move to my home country, when I ask if shes sure about all of these big changes, because I am and dont want to make her to do something that she doesnt want, its all up to me again, it buts me wonder if she is very indifferend and "up to you" usually means "no" or "i dont care", just a way to refuse something without causing anyone to lose face? Getting maried or not getting married is up to me. I understand that some woman cant make decisions, so they want man to make them for her, but is ithe case here? Sex is also up to me. If I adk if she enjoys some spesific sex, she tells me that if I enjoy then she also enjoys it, if I ask if she wants some sex then its up to me.

Edited by THssii
  • Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Up to you' has (in my limited experience) nothing to do with indifference or do not want to do something.

I've found it means 'I know what I think we should do, I'm not telling you but you had better come up with the same thing or you will have a miserable time.'

Spot on, and also a lot of giveaways will be in the tone that it is spoken in.

• Like 1

Yes Im now reconsidering about getting married, she feels infifferend up to the point that it. Or is the "up to you" answer common in thai culture? Seem ive been too stupid to end this relationship in the beginning. Its been emotionally taxing, but Ive started to feel disconnected from her already, I guess she only cared about my money.

How much money? hahahaha!

Wow we might have actually save d a guy from a dOOmed marriage.

Yes Im now reconsidering about getting married, she feels infifferend up to the point that it. Or is the "up to you" answer common in thai culture? Seem ive been too stupid to end this relationship in the beginning. Its been emotionally taxing, but Ive started to feel disconnected from her already, I guess she only cared about my money.

Now you're getting it!

Now you're getting it!
I've been gettin it for a long time already, but have not accepted it but rather have put it as a cultural difference or that Im asberger who dosent understand people (this is actual case), just waiting for clear message, but you can't expect that from face saving culture. Edited by THssii
  • Like 1

Now you're getting it!

Just because you marry a Thai girl, it does not give you more security, just more money to pay out and more mind games.

Yes I'm now seriosly reconsidering about getting married, she feels indifferent up to the point that it hurts. Or is the "up to you" answer common in thai culture? Seem I've been too stupid to end this relationship in the beginning. Its been emotionally taxing, but Ive started to feel disconnected from her already, I guess she only cared about my money.

And the biggest negative aspect is that about 1 year ago I met chinesse girl who really seemed to be into me and I felt good chemistry between us, but I didnt do anything about it, because I was disillusioned that this thai girl really loves me, now its too late.

That has to be a new record, even for Thaivisa. From the OP 15 minutes ago, where you were considered getting married, a few posts later you are reconsidering!!rolleyes.gif

She is not interested!! Which is lucky for you, if you act accordingly!!

POST REMOVED

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

So the OP must be a really happy man.

Whatever he wants it's being done whatever she wants it's up to you if t will be done.

Millions of husbands will be envying you and you are complaining?

Why can't I be as lucky as you?

Whatever I want has to be approved by the boss whatever she wants It's done without even asking.sad.png

• Like 2

How much money? hahahaha!

Wow we might have actually save d a guy from a dOOmed marriage.

Short recess, check back in 2 more years...
  • Like 1

Up to you usually means they aren't too keen on the idea.

I would offer more, as others will I'm sure, but frankly you've already decided on what sounds like the correct course of action for this one.

Edit add - meaning scrapping the marriage idea. I would also draw the line there and expect a "yes" or at least a "no". Maybe just a grunt. You can kick a pig and get that much.

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 1

She is your property, you are her owner.

Your job is to tell her where you want to go and what you want to do.

Her job to go along with whatever you decide.

After two years, you should know what she likes.

And plan accordingly, without asking her opinion.

After reading the sex bit,

Sounds like she doesn't actually like you all that much and is just after the enhanced lifestyle you bring.

First paragraph = Bullshit

Second/third paragraph = Bullseye

The problem is that we "Westerners" aren't used to being told "up to you" from our controlling girlfriends. They like to rule every aspect of our lives.

Controlling girlfriends? blink.png

I always thought the chief complaint was their borderline obesity.

When my wife of 10 years (plus a few of being together) says 'up to you' it means 'absolutely no way will I be speaking to you if you do this' , sometimes a good way of getting peace and quiet smile.png

Of course if nookie is on the cards then ......

I love her to bits, but even so, just occasionally, silent treatment, one day I'll find out why sad.png

• Like 1