TAT: Thai tourism will quickly rebound following govt's statement on Koh Tao murder

webfact

TAT: Thai tourism will quickly rebound following govt's statement on Koh Tao murder

PNSOC570921001008001.jpg

BANGKOK, 22 September 2014 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has expressed confidence that the Thai tourism situation will improve soon after the government issued an announcement on the murder of two British tourists on Koh Tao island.

TAT Governor Thawatchai Aranyik said the Thai government’s announcement, issued to London, confirmed Thailand was doing the utmost in bringing the culprits to justice.

The official added that he therefore believed the Thai tourism, which was affected by the incident, would recover shortly after the statement was released.

Mr Thawatchai also encouraged the private sector on Koh Tao to help ensure security for tourists after the TAT received reports that accommodation reservations on the island started to decrease.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-09-22 footer_n.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in the sand has been charged with murder case solved! Now please come back to Thailand its a paradise at least that is what we are told to say or we get arrested and sent to a re-education camp. I am surprised they don't arrest the tool used to bludgeon these poor souls. Use the Thai defense it was the car who ran that person over not me I was just the driver.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I cannot tell you how relieved I am that tourism will be ok. I mean, there's a murderer still at large out there but as long as TAT will be OK then that's all that matters.

Scumbags.

exactly i completely agree all they care about is money

• Like 2

Do all the Thai apologist (who, by the way, have been very thin in numbers over the last year or so) STILL reckon tourism is only 6% of the GDP here!? Huh? Really? Only 6% with the daily cries for help?

Must hurt to be so wrong. Hopefully people will not too quickly forget this last year or so when they have a couple of good days in a row and put their rose-coloured shades on again.

I think I want to try some of the drugs that TAT management seems to be on.

"Just swallow this little pill and everything will be wonderful. All your problems will go away."

I didn't read any of the Thai news over the weekend, so have I missed something about an important advancement in the Koh Tao murder case that has actually redeemed the Thai police from looking only like incompetent fools?

I'm thinking that a press release is not going to sway many Western Tourists. Dead is dead and everyone could easily see the law enforcement general attitude towards tourist safety.

Westerners tend to watch what people do and then look to see if it matches the words, hype.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1