Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

Looks like you are celebrating too early.

The brother of the village chief was questioned by police and released.

Either he is not guilty - or (you know influential family etc.)

So what about an arrest? Who was arrested? Was someone arrested?

In my understanding police has to arrest any suspect until guilt or innocense has been prooven - if the suspicion is very strong.

Would be necessary in order to prevent them to make a runner

Go read the article at BKK Post. The brother of the headman / manager of AC Bar said he 'did talk to Sean McAnnna the other night but we had no fight'. Sounds a bit like 'an offer you can't refuse'. As Sean had worked 18 months in AC before he must have witnessed his fair share of the dark side of Koh Tao - only now to be on the receiving end scaring the s***t out of him with this 'talk'. Whether he made threats or not will be hard to prove anyway.

The brother finally gave his DNA as well, there were conflicting reports whether he did or didn't previously. It might only prove family ties. So it looks a bit like the one on the run is/are the killers and they have been buying time for them to get away. Maybe one of the younger family members? I assume these could be young flashy playboys who also make regular trips to Bangkok and other parts in and out the country? Maybe the other perpetrator(s) are friends over from another part of the country. Young rich guys who did something very stupid but get shielded as long as possible by their influential families?

Yeah he knows...that's why he fled under Media protection not R(lol)TP protection.

Ask yourself???

They run Full Moon Parties there and KPG and ferry the drugs in and out for a tidy profit.

Montriwat Toovichien, is a huge player, and has a penchant for Farang blondes...

Also...you think DNA samples can't be faked or altered in anyway when "needed"???

I think it's a lot easier to fake or alter the result of a DNA test than the sample ;-) hehe

Mind you, with the amount of DNA samples they have taken over the last few days, they could create Frankensteins monster, or a T-Rex.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great ,this thread is full of smug Brits says Brit does best lol ,and Thai Police are children .They forget about how long it took the Brits so called Police to catch the Yorkshire ripper ,until he had killed over 10 Women ,then you had Gill Dando ,a high profile TV presenter on UK tv who they framed the murder on a MENTALLY ill man (who was later acquitted ) .Then you had the Guildford 4 .Four Irish people Wrongly given a life sentence for a bombing they were later proven to be innocent of after they served 10 years plus . It really annoys me ,about these smug Brits .But karma is a bitch lol

What do you mean "Karma is a Bitch?" I really hope you're not saying that these two young people got their "Karma".

Are you some sort of psycho?

em ,NO .Are you a Brit with roughened feathers ? The UK Police are the real Keystone Cops in this World .Then you have the cheek to point the finger at the Thai Police .God please ,give me patience .

And you are from..?......smile.png

Probably some godforsaken utopia by the sounds of it.

children of the headman ...untouchables (or so they thought) if this is true this will ramifications on KT

It appears that the military leadership is serious about eliminating the concept of untouchables.

I pray that this actually materializes -- if for no other reason than being able to witness a whole

lot of gloom & doom folks on TV being forced to eat a lot of crow pie.

Edited by BradinAsia
  • Like 1

A horrific crime, a black day on Ko Tao and Thailand, now is the time for anger, disbelief, anguish, but don't let these guys ruin Ko Tao. I have been there twice and it has some of the best diving spots in South East Asia. I understand presently everyone hates the meet mention of Ko Tao, but it is one of the most beautiful islands in the world even though some of its inhabitants are worse than the devil himself.

Sorry folks....I am too much of a pessimist as I have lived here too long.

I am thinking....the police are at odds with the Village head man and his sons along with the local mafia types anyhow ....so...I am thinking.... this may be a ruse to pin it on the people that police have been at odds with over any number of reasons.

Here in Thailand they could easily manipulate the DNA and how would we or nearly anyone really know.

I hope they have caught the correct perpetrators as the double murders were way, way out of line while the murderous event was about as brutal as brutal can be.

Cheers

So that would make Sean "being in bed" with the police now, since his story and photos are clearly supporting the evidence that the police got towards this headman's relatives. Among other leads in this case that the public already knows about, plus probably other things that haven't become public yet.

Edited by Iumentum

Sorry folks....I am too much of a pessimist as I have lived here too long.

I am thinking....the police are at odds with the Village head man and his sons along with the local mafia types anyhow ....so...I am thinking.... this may be a ruse to pin it on the people that police have been at odds with over any number of reasons.

Here in Thailand they could easily manipulate the DNA and how would we or nearly anyone really know.

I hope they have caught the correct perpetrators as the double murders were way, way out of line while the murderous event was about as brutal as brutal can be.

Cheers

I would think that there may be another DNA test if there is a question concerning the first.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That sean guy was full of BS, the expats living in koh tao said the information he gave is not factual and that he is a glory hunter. Bunch of guys who've never been to koh tao believe what he's saying. From his posts I can see he doesn't give a damn about his friends murder, 9 out 10 of his posts are about the scottish referendum.

There has to be a motive for murder, usually people who murder and rape are ones who got nothing to lose, why would someone who has a thriving business on the island murder and rape a girl. That sean guy should be put behind bars for slander IMHO.

Quite a few things in this case, does make it seem like Sean wasn't just making everything up. A lot does actually appear to be that Sean was right about some things, and could easily also be that the whole bar/7-11 incident is true and that he was about to be used as scapegoat which he would have been the perfect victim of.

Also, motive for raping? Well would drunk and horny count? Motive for murder? would rape count?

It also seems strange that the suspect, on the apparent evidence from a facebook page and a few tweets, was released by the police after giving a DNA sample. (Being reported in the other paper).

As things are out of the local police hands, the release wouldn't have happened because someone has a little influence on the island.

'T's aren't crossed and 'I's aren't dotted yet.....................sad.png

In my understanding police has to arrest any suspect until guilt or innocense has been prooven - if the suspicion is very strong.

Go read the article at BKK Post. The brother of the headman / manager of AC Bar said he 'did talk to Sean McAnnna the other night but we had no fight'. Sounds a bit like 'an offer you can't refuse'. As Sean had worked 18 months in AC before he must have witnessed his fair share of the dark side of Koh Tao - only now to be on the receiving end scaring the s***t out of him with this 'talk'. Whether he made threats or not will be hard to prove anyway.

The brother finally gave his DNA as well, there were conflicting reports whether he did or didn't previously. It might only prove family ties. So it looks a bit like the one on the run is/are the killers and they have been buying time for them to get away. Maybe one of the younger family members? I assume these could be young flashy playboys who also make regular trips to Bangkok and other parts in and out the country? Maybe the other perpetrator(s) are friends over from another part of the country. Young rich guys who did something very stupid but get shielded as long as possible by their influential families?

Yeah he knows...that's why he fled under Media protection not R(lol)TP protection.

Ask yourself???

They run Full Moon Parties there and KPG and ferry the drugs in and out for a tidy profit.

Montriwat Toovichien, is a huge player, and has a penchant for Farang blondes...

Also...you think DNA samples can't be faked or altered in anyway when "needed"???

I think it's a lot easier to fake or alter the result of a DNA test than the sample ;-) hehe

Very true...they make it what they want it to be...

But..NOW...Daddy of girlyboy wannabe small time "mafia" has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar!,

And his sloppy coverup by sending silly little soft girlyboy wannabe mafia kids to coverup his own children's wrongdoing has ended up in:

1. Exposure

2. Exposure

And

3. Exposure

Silly HeadWoman...

Your time is over and your kiddies will rot...

Unless...$$$$$$$$$$$$ are paid to make this go away as usual...oops...can't do...Intl Media watching...

Som nam na....

One tourist murder suspect now arrested, another on the run

9-23-2014-3-14-56-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KOH TAO: -- The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-09-23

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

so it takes the attention of the worlds media to stop the police fitting up scapegoats?

Seems the RTP spent a week going with their usual MO of trying pinning these murders on burmese or farangs, when the international media coverage got too much along with forums such as tvf and of course social networking, they had to bite the sour apple and finger the real murderers ...We hope!

...aaand there goes Koh Tao... down the drain... thumbsup.gif

13-14 years ago I spent many months on Koh Tao.

I have been back a few times, but it has totally changed. Horrible now, compared to what it was.

I will never revisit, just makes me sad, same as all the "Kohs" Phi Phi, Phuket, Samui, Phangan.

Wonder if the Army will also go and check on all the landownership claims, and bars, restaurants encroaching the beaches once they have looked over Samui?

There is a very big can of worms on Koh Tao. Will anybody be brave enough to open it?

• Like 2

A horrific crime, a black day on Ko Tao and Thailand, now is the time for anger, disbelief, anguish, but don't let these guys ruin Ko Tao. I have been there twice and it has some of the best diving spots in South East Asia. I understand presently everyone hates the meet mention of Ko Tao, but it is one of the most beautiful islands in the world even though some of its inhabitants are worse than the devil himself.

Set an example and punish the island for this crime. Boycott the place for a few years and perhaps people will learn to take care of their local image and their country.

You can't just let this pass as if it did not happen or history will repeat itself.

This is the only power we farang have to make change is our feet.

• Like 2

Chiang Mai is 'THE' place to live or vacation. Good nightlife, few crimes, cheap housing, many tourist attractions, good hospitals (Bangkok General and RAM to name 2 of them), Labor extremely cheap (2 hours at my house to fix a water leak - $3), cooler weather, mountains but no ocean, large lake, etc.

and you killed in the hotel, owned by a high officer,

all even free of charge,

and no investigation needed,

village head and police cheaf sure it was natural death !!

I mean free of charge for the hotel owner,

Many news reports claim McKenna said guys in the bar threatened him Sunday night etc... It is reported in some Thai media today said that it was the police, they told him they would arrest him for the murder and he had to hang himself or they would do it for him.. That's why he hid in the jungle before taking off the bangers.

Either way, I think the police have known who it was for a while..

• Like 2

What about all the other murders he saying they use scapegoats !

I think he's addressing the British media and TV members who accused him of using scapegoats. Even after the arrest many posters will refuse to believe they didn't pin it on a couple of patsies.

Most posters on here are determined the investigation is a sham.

I'm not saying one way or the other because I simply don't know enough about it and refuse to blindly speculate.

Most investigations back home (Canada) seem to take the same amount of time and have false leads reported by the press as well. I don't think this case is as unusual as people are making it out to be.

Ask yourself???

The old switcheroo?

Nudar: Like all rich people, we're gonna need weapons to shoot poor people.
Schlump: In self defense?
Nudar: Yes, that too. Bender, go steal the doomsday device chained to the professor's wrist.
Bender: Never! Ha ha, I'm kidding. You guys know I have to do whatever you say.
Nudar: Here, swap this for the real one.
Bender: Ahhh! The old switcheroo.

I'm sure I read elsewhere on here that KPG ran the Full Moon parties, Koh Tao didn't but the revellers stopped over to continue to party afterwards?

Koh Tao developed its own version of the various moon phase parties.

Koh Tao used to empty during the fullmoon party and then fill up again as the still drunk, painted and often exhibiting cuts to the feet from broken glass, revelers came from Koh Phangnan to do their "diving course" and continue the party.

• Like 2

1 of 2 things will happen next. This will either be pinned on someone who had nothing to do with it or they will have actually caught the guilty folks.

Let's see... in any murder investigation there can be suspect who are the actual killers or suspects who are scapegoats.

A rather amazing conclusion, since there does not seem to be any other possibilities.

Many news reports claim McKenna said guys in the bar threatened him Sunday night etc... It is reported in some Thai media today said that it was the police, they told him they would arrest him for the murder and he had to hang himself or they would do it for him.. That's why he hid in the jungle before taking off the bangers.

From the photo he took of the 2 at the 7-11, then the one was the brother of the owner of AC (village headman), and the same guy who was also caught on CCTV and further more caught on photo at the beach inside the closed investigation area in the morning while the bodies was still around.

However, when Sean was threatened, he fled to the 7-11 where the police after a very long time came and took him into protection and he was under police protection until he boarded the boat to get off the rock.

the real Keystone Cops in this World .Then you have the cheek to point the finger at the Thai Police .God please ,give me patience .

Yes they are so bad they actually arrested the first murderer to be charged using DNA profiling, Colin Pitchfork in Leicester, where DNA profiling was invented. What a bunch of losers compared to the genius Thais, who's last invention was?

Punish those persons guilty of this heinous crime, not the island itself, though maybe it will help stop the comercialisation of the island. Last time I went most beach front coral was littered with garbage.

I think the point is to boycott the island, and not to punish the people on the island. The thing here is just that, going to Koh Tao where close to every business is something that these families with influence got their fingers into. So going to the island and spend a bit of money, would be supporting these families.

This is what someone wrote on a German - Thai forum, at the same time Sean was posting on FB.

From what I could gather, they weren't aware of Sean posting on FB either, so it's an independent post/rumour it seems.

Huhu, a friend of mine for 10 years living on Koh Tao (he is Thai) and works in the Bar Next Door .... whatever. He has just written to me the police have actually arrested in the cave and a Scots is the most addicted to drugs and the music had made ​​the evening. Supposedly then has anyone seen him at night covered in blood and today reminded ... out he was today arrested evening 6pm Thai time ... His name shall be Sean Mc Anna ... He probably wanted was to stay 6 months on Koh Tao also already bought a motor bike and wanted to get rid of after the murders necessarily to get money ... Very mysterious

This is a very important piece of the puzzle I think, it tells me that there is substance to what Sean is saying.

I wonder where the son is by now, he has had an 8 day head start....

Not just the girlyboy son...three others...

And the multitude of others that helped coverup the scene investigation...the DNA tests...the exit of all real suspects...the hiding of said suspects in various parts of Thailand...the intimidation and planned "suicide" of a a Scots Farang who knows the dark side there...to become an easy scapegoat out for the corrupt R(lol)TP that are so called "investigating" these gruesome murders that the world stage is watching closely...

Party to a capital crime of murder reaches far...but TIT. Land of corruption. $$$$ talk here.

Boycott the filthy corrupt island of Koh Tao. End their revenue. Stop the money. That will end their crap empire.

Sadly it will not bring back two innocent beautiful people in the prime of their lives, looking to Koh Tao as a tourist holiday resort before heading to fulfil their careers.

I have posted much of this on every single Tourist site I can find to deter people from even thinking of coming here.

Apologies to the real Thai people that work for a living here, but your corrupt Police and girlyboy Mafia have cemented your financial ruin...

BOYCOTT KHO TAO!!!!!!!

Someone else thinking this story may take another twist still?

Why did they find David naked if he didn't have sex with Hannah?

I believe they arranged the murder scene after the heinous crime. In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if the DNA will not match either, but I believe the police is holding back something vital, they have additional evidence.

Edited by MaStorn
  • Like 1