Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Posted 13 minutes ago

webfact, on 16 Sept 2014 - 08:55, said:snapback.png

CRIME

Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

30243363-01_big.jpg

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....itish-tourists/

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

StealthEnergiser You are correct!

Thailand was not at all serious about arresting any Thai citizens connected to this. It was the brave heart "Sean McAnna" who posted the Facebook 7-11 shop picture while hiding in the shop for this life gave a proper message and attention to the world. Now Thailand is forced to take action on own citizens now. The next step will be, they will appoint a lousy Thai lawyer who don't show any interest to convict or prove, and accused will deny going for DNA test. Then later they will announce there is not enough evidence to prove until and unless of Scotland Yoad, or FBI rope in for investigation or until if most countries give warning as Thailand bad destination for holidays. Let us hope the two young British youths will justice from Thailand.

If this guy is actually guilty, cops who let him near the crime area should be investigated as well....

This guy is one of the murderers and hes standing with the BIB as though its just a normal day, staring at the poor victim he raped the night before and hacked to death.

This is pure evil and defies logic of any kind, lets see what the Thai courts give him and his scum mates and how long he serves before back on the island serving other young blond girls.

Its sick !

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A post quoting the Bangkok Post has been removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

This has always interested me, why exactly is this?

Can the BP and PW legally prevent you from quoting their articles, or is this some private arrangement for reasons unknown?

With luck PW will close in Feb anyway, I simply can't stand that ahole Morrison who edits it!

I know, it's hard to believe that there are copyright laws in Thailand, isn't it?

biggrin.png

Quotes with proper attribution usually are covered under 'fair use' of copyright laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

It is entirely possible, however, that Thailand does not have such provision.

This village chief should lose his position this cctv footage has been everywhere and he is trying to say he did not recognise his own brother

clean these position up they are only in power because of intimidation and people are afraid of being killed if they run against them in elections

:cheesy:

Do you remember Kamnan Poh, the Godfather of Chonburi?

Great ,this thread is full of smug Brits says Brit does best lol ,and Thai Police are children .They forget about how long it took the Brits so called Police to catch the Yorkshire ripper ,until he had killed over 10 Women ,then you had Gill Dando ,a high profile TV presenter on UK tv who they framed the murder on a MENTALLY ill man (who was later acquitted ) .Then you had the Guildford 4 .Four Irish people Wrongly given a life sentence for a bombing they were later proven to be innocent of after they served 10 years plus . It really annoys me ,about these smug Brits .But karma is a bitch lol

Anto, stick letting your dog shit everywhere in public places as opposed to that sort of BS

Looks like a few of us may eat humble pie (like me)

looks like the police may have found the correct murderers / not stitched anybody up etc

For that i apologise for doubting them and hope this is the future now

I hate to burst your bubble but nothing has actually materialised yet---As the saying goes---"don't jump until you're pushed"

Great ,this thread is full of smug Brits says Brit does best lol ,and Thai Police are children .They forget about how long it took the Brits so called Police to catch the Yorkshire ripper ,until he had killed over 10 Women ,then you had Gill Dando ,a high profile TV presenter on UK tv who they framed the murder on a MENTALLY ill man (who was later acquitted ) .Then you had the Guildford 4 .Four Irish people Wrongly given a life sentence for a bombing they were later proven to be innocent of after they served 10 years plus . It really annoys me ,about these smug Brits .But karma is a bitch lol

Anto, stick letting your dog shit everywhere in public places as opposed to that sort of BS

Anto's not wrong though. And Jill Dando's murder may be connected to a paedophile ring.

Relax everyone. They don't make arrests until all the DNA, etc are examined. In the meantime, the suspects are being held by the police. So many of you are really uneducated people on this board. The police are doing well. They want the case to be solid. In fact, they probably want confessions from the guys who did this. The confessions are normally easy to get in these cases in Thailand. You think torture forget that.

All they need to do is to explain DNA and other forensic evidence. Most people dont even know about DNA and what it can do and certainly many Thais isolated on a little island working at labor type of jobs probably dont scan the internet for the latest and greatest. They probably dont even know many cameras are around them.

Once the guilty realize they have no chance they confess for a promise of a less sentence maybe.

I hope these are the right guys and that they do have plenty of evidence including DNA.

If they do though why offer them the promise of a lesser sentence for a confession, better to let it go to trial and crush them in court. If they confess all it will do is save money in a trial. I think due to the monumental global coverage better to make severe examples and hit them with maximum sentence.

Or better still - lethal injection ....

Anto's not wrong though. And Jill Dando's murder may be connected to a paedophile ring.

I haven't seen Brits being smug in this thread though.

I still would be more confident in UK Police than The BIB

If this guy is actually guilty, cops who let him near the crime area should be investigated as well....

This guy is one of the murderers and hes standing with the BIB as though its just a normal day, staring at the poor victim he raped the night before and hacked to death.

This is pure evil and defies logic of any kind, lets see what the Thai courts give him and his scum mates and how long he serves before back on the island serving other young blond girls.

Its sick !

Just want to clarify where you have got the information that this is one of the murderers. Not doubting you but we have been told "son" and "brother" but have no positive id (as far as I am aware) of this person. Thanks.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

Wow...impressed !!! Not what I was expecting at all

Village Headman = Mafia local mafia boss on a place like Koh Tao. So yeah, very impressive.

I can only speculate that the international coverage coupled with pressure from someone like the PM Prayuth are the reason for this. I cannot recall any similar arrests of relatively influential people in cases such as this (perhaps others can?).

Good news for the victims family, and a step in the right direction for Thailand.

Village headman? Can we not say the words mafia head?

Well guess what? The killers weren't Burmese... But that's the direction the cops were heading... until a bit of social media caught up with them.

That's about it.

Some good old fashioned British and other reporting seems to have been the catalyst to solving this.

How to catch a vile murderer or murderer's in Thailand ?

Leave the police with ''no where left to run''.......and you will find your man / men.

Lesson learned.

..and there is suspicion (no confirmation) that they may yet still solve that case with the information being gathered from a number of other cases being investigated presently.

• Like 1

If I follow correctly, today some Poo Yais had a meet with cops, and then sudden there was a certainty of arrest. An arrest was made, Well connected names were given. Although weirdly the suspect was released.

Obviously a deal is in play here but it seems they are going to pin these untouchables with the murder charge.

I am cautiously encouraged and I think this is yet another surprise to the new Thailand. The Junta still surprises me.

• Like 1

I distinctly remember the original police chief in this case saying that they didn't need to investigate Thais as Thais would not have committed these terrible crimes.....................so, it looks like it can't be these suspects after all...............!

Always 18 - age or i.q.?

Do please try to keep up ParadiseLost - the use of sarcasm and irony in the English language is now officially permitted in T.V. posts.................

I think this is good news, and I do believe they have caught the killers .

The head chief of the village could be one of the guys that was posted on Seans fb. And they planned to use Sean as a scapegoat to protect their own family , brother and son.

This sounds very plausible to me , the only part missing is that we need a DNA match of the brother and son and case closed.

And then when sentenced, lets hope they will never get out of a prison cell.

You probably have your own definition of "Mafia", as the many other posters who use it indiscriminately, because a rich family that has a lot of influence in a village or island is not enough to make it a "Mafia". To get a "Mafia" you need at least organized crime and racketeering. Do you have any proof on that at Koh Tao ?

Ok let's make it simpler...."mafia" in the Thai sense = people who make a livelihood from crime, that is structured in a hierarchical fashion. (ie organized, and run like a corporation). So let's not just say a family with clout... that is nonsense. It is a scary family involved in crime (vice and corruption mostly) who will exterminate all obstacles. Do you understand that?

** replied to wrong post sorry **

Edited by mojorison

Why do the press keep referring to this guy as a "barman" we know he's one of the two brothers who own 'Intouch resort' another resort and 'AC bar'

These guys are the villiage heads, i.e. mafia.

Refusing to give DNA and one fleeing the island tells you all you need to know doesn't it.

Let's hope the local police don't have the audacity to keep trying to cover this up now.

Sorry for being a pessimist, but some feeling in my little toe tell me that they are going to blow this out of proportions and the village headman sons will sentenced to a life in prison.

When everything has calm down, they will be released on bail (like Sondhi) and they can continue their business on the island.

Or they will pay a poor family to let somebody serve the prison term instead of the village headman sons.

Sorry, but the sons of the village headman of KT are toooooooo high placed to serve any prison term.

I live long enough in Thailand to don't believe in fairytales.

Well, we can hope that the "new" Thailand might show improvements in this case, as we have seen many other changes doing the coup with PM/General Prayuth.

Edited by Iumentum

Oh gawd yes. Let's put all this in context . . . .

http://news.sky.com/story/1339183/alice-gross-police-search-is-largest-since-7-7

children of the headman ...untouchables (or so they thought) if this is true this will ramifications on KT

Can you and Soutpeel please not confuse some already confused readers? It was the BROTHER and SON of the village headman!

in fairness that's one of those punch in the face/kick in the balls dilemmas.

• Like 2