Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

Thais getting so much hate from the westerners here, lol. Its like no western does something like this, people must of forgotten the norweigan guy who hopped on the island to kill 80 people, he's got himself a nice cell with ps3, but you want capital punishment for the murderers of these two people, why? Because a farang got killed by an asian, hypocrisy at its best!

Who is hating on the thai here? For what i see is that the majority of people are praising the fact that this might actually be solved without using scapegoats. There is no doubt people who are skeptics about the work of the police, and what corrupt plans there might have been at work, but one thing is to be skeptic about the work of the police/mafia and hating on the thai.

Edited by Iumentum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So who was arrested (Montriwat Toovichien, a man seen on the CCTV footage in the hours before the double murder and also same mans picture posted on facebook, same man at crime scene with police.. ? ) and why was he released after 1.50pm?

Then there was this comment made by police........

Today's development come after 25-year-old Sean McAnna of Scotland - and AC Bar barman - posted photos on Facebook of two men who allegedly molested Witheridge before she was killed.

He then made frantic calls to police and the British embassy claiming Koh Tao criminals planned to kill him and make it look like a suicide

so even up to now no one has still properly been arrested and the killers are still walking free?? have I missed something in all these thredas and posts..facepalm.gif

Edited by KissMyAxe

CRIME
Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

x30243363-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4HI6ib

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

16 Sept 2014
one of the alleged persons at the crime scene does not say much for the police
Edited by StealthEnergiser

Thais getting so much hate from the westerners here, lol. Its like no western does something like this, people must of forgotten the norweigan guy who hopped on the island to kill 80 people, he's got himself a nice cell with ps3, but you want capital punishment for the murderers of these two people, why? Because a farang got killed by an asian, hypocrisy at its best!

No, the hatred is towards mafia scum, and corruption . As for the Norway massacre, what has that got to do with it?

You appear to be a KT mafia apologist, something to lose?

I've never even been to KT before, I'm just tired of the constant thai bashing going on here. Every time something happens like this, people remind how corrupt Thailand is, and how violent Thais are. In my book murderers should get Capital Punishment, but its funny to see westerners here wanting capital punishment when rapists and murderers in their own country get treated so leniently.

USA has the best laws in the world, and every country should take the justice system in the states as an example, Europe has too lax laws!

What has been annoying is that people have been talking about patsies and frame ups!

Hannah's body has long been repatriated to the UK with DNA results etc.

How on God's earth can the Thai's falsify the DNA to stitch somebody up?? I'm 100% certain the UK authorities will want to have a little check to confirm the correct perpetrators have been found!

When the dna matches the dna the culprits will be found. End of discussion!!

One other thing is that the perps (not criminal masterminds as some have been portraying) thought they were invincible and had no idea what a shit storm they had brought upon the island.

It all boils down to cash in the end. Originally cash was paid to prevent a quick arrest and then the realisation of the lost revenue to the island meant the perps became expendable

It is high time that fair warnings are issued about mafia hotspots so we can avoid them

Thailand has many great places so why go to the mafia ganglands - Samui, Koh Tao, Pattaya, and Phuket

Go elsewhere like Koh Kut, Hua Hin, CM and thousands of other great places

Why (drugs?) do so many tourists ignore the hundreds of wonderful towns and go to the tourist traps of smiling mafias

normally i might be pessimist but I feel there is going to be a big arrest and parade and official recreation this time

the smell of rare justice is in the air tonight

The village headman knows more and knows where his brother is - can someone supply the headmans name and his brothers name and picture so that he does not escape

Going to try your hand at Thai law enforcement, are you? A wee bit of pro bono fugitive apprehension?

Edited by MaxYakov

No, the hatred is towards mafia scum, and corruption . As for the Norway massacre, what has that got to do with it?

I've never even been to KT before, I'm just tired of the constant thai bashing going on here. Every time something happens like this, people remind how corrupt Thailand is, and how violent Thais are. In my book murderers should get Capital Punishment, but its funny to see westerners here wanting capital punishment when rapists and murderers in their own country get treated so leniently.

USA has the best laws in the world, and every country should take the justice system in the states as an example, Europe has too lax laws!

What a load of drivel. You must be fairly new here, or just wanting be Thaier than Thai.

• Like 1

But who says that those who wish that the murders in this case get capital punishment for their crime, doesn't wish for the same when it comes to similar crimes in their home country? Can you read peoples thoughts or are you keeping track of what those people have been posting in other debates concerning cases in their home country? If not, how can you call it hypocrisy? if you have no clue what their opinion is about punishments in general?

Also, what have that even to do with hating thai?

Edited by Iumentum

That sean guy was full of BS, the expats living in koh tao said the information he gave is not factual and that he is a glory hunter. Bunch of guys who've never been to koh tao believe what he's saying. From his posts I can see he doesn't give a damn about his friends murder, 9 out 10 of his posts are about the scottish referendum.

There has to be a motive for murder, usually people who murder and rape are ones who got nothing to lose, why would someone who has a thriving business on the island murder and rape a girl. That sean guy should be put behind bars for slander IMHO.

Quite a few things in this case, does make it seem like Sean wasn't just making everything up. A lot does actually appear to be that Sean was right about some things, and could easily also be that the whole bar/7-11 incident is true and that he was about to be used as scapegoat which he would have been the perfect victim of.

Your point doesn't make sense either, DNA retrieved in the crime scene confirmed it was an Asian, why would they find a western scapegoat?

We've already been through all that ad infinitum. If you want to join in a thread it helps to read through first. Also check the relevant thread on here specifically about Sean Mcanna and you'll find your answers.

From the start the local police were harping on about 3 guitar playing singers on the beach ( supposedly) at that time of the FB Sean Mcanna media explosion some minor Burmese man and boat boy Thai were being held and questioned. If they were fitted for the rape and took that wrap and the surmise was they were with SM if he were found hanged in 'remorse' it could be said they raped and HE murdered. Because 1 dead flaky beach bum guitar playing farang + 2 disposable low Asians posessed of Asian DNA = 3 men making music on the beach.Case closed and a case of Chivas all round.We've all had to swallow far more unbelievable 'explanations' for crimes/deaths in LOS.

you are missing the point. DNA is very specific to the person not to the race only.

The DNA of the Asians has to match completely, this happens only when it is from THEM

Hopefully this will stop the embarrassing belly-aching by fellow-members about the competence of the Thai Police. The arrogance and lack of respect for Thailand has been very apparent in these baseless assertions. Why on earth would anyone expect the Thai Police to be as skilled and resourced as the FBI or London's MET. These comments serve no real purpose other than to damage the reputation of foreign visitors to this great and welcoming country. Go away if you can't hack it.

Most of my Thai friends hold the same scathing opinion of the Thai Police force. It's common knowledge that they have their hands in every dirty pie you could imagine, take bribes, harass and extort people for money. Nobodys asking them to be as advanced as the FBI or the MET, but the Thai Police have set the bar for corruption and misconduct extremely high, so people are gonna hate!

"....the Thai Police have set the bar for corruption."

I believe in the West Indies it's referred to as the " limbo bar".

I accept your point Ratcatcher & Rykbanior, but I have been a Law & Justice adviser in many countries for years, and Thailand's corruption is relatively modest compared to many other countries. In Papua New Guinea, for example, it is difficult to find any presence on the streets, even in areas with repeated assaults and murders. The population in places like this (eg. Africa) are petrified of the thugs and gangs, who constantly take out their displaced anger on the women and female children. It is unimaginably horrific. Thailand is a heaven in comparison, and almost all govenment services really work well. And significantly, Thailand has achieved this with very little technical or fianancial assistance from the 1st World. I am actually pretty impressed.

• Like 2

It is high time that fair warnings are issued about mafia hotspots so we can avoid them

Thailand has many great places so why go to the mafia ganglands - Samui, Koh Tao, Pattaya, and Phuket

That is a GREAT idea,....a Thailand map of Mafia Hotspots,...and inserts showing actual mafia-ted neighborhoods (and perhaps even businesses). Now that would make me HAPPY.

CRIME

Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

x30243363-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4HI6ib

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

16 Sept 2014
one of the alleged persons at the crime scene does not say much for the police

Standing next to his brother .....

• Like 2

If this guy is actually guilty, cops who let him near the crime area should be investigated as well....

This guy is one of the murderers and hes standing with the BIB as though its just a normal day, staring at the poor victim he raped the night before and hacked to death.

This is pure evil and defies logic of any kind, lets see what the Thai courts give him and his scum mates and how long he serves before back on the island serving other young blond girls.

Its sick !

Just want to clarify where you have got the information that this is one of the murderers. Not doubting you but we have been told "son" and "brother" but have no positive id (as far as I am aware) of this person. Thanks.

I can confirm that the man in this photo is the same man who has allegedly fled...He is also the One on the left that was in the photo Sean posted,

Now here's where things get reall twisted,

I have an old friend who has seen photos from the crime scene, he saw them though his girlfriends Thai friend , who is related to the local police. I can't elaborate further,

the police unbelievably were sharing them around,

I'm very sorry to the families of the victims for the graphic details I am about to reveal but I think this horrendous crime needs to be fully revealed,

There are photos I've seen, that are conclusive proof that this was a case of Murder first and rape was after the poor victim was deceased..

In my eyes they should receive the death penalty and this cover up needs to be revealed...

You seem disgusted with the police for sharing them round (true they posted them to their FB - I unfortunately saw them) and yet you then go on to tell in detail what was on them. You are no better than the disgusting police - why write that? What good comes from anyone knowing that?

Sick... Show some respect to the victims

• Like 2

That sean guy was full of BS, the expats living in koh tao said the information he gave is not factual and that he is a glory hunter. Bunch of guys who've never been to koh tao believe what he's saying. From his posts I can see he doesn't give a damn about his friends murder, 9 out 10 of his posts after the murder are about the scottish referendum.

There has to be a motive for murder, usually people who murder and rape are ones who got nothing to lose, why would someone who has a thriving business on the island murder and rape a girl. That sean guy should be put behind bars for slander IMHO.

As pointed by other members already, his revelations set this whole thing in motion, so obviously the arrests made are in par with these allegations. And to your last statement - for what? For telling the truth?

Hopefully this will stop the embarrassing belly-aching by fellow-members about the competence of the Thai Police. The arrogance and lack of respect for Thailand has been very apparent in these baseless assertions. Why on earth would anyone expect the Thai Police to be as skilled and resourced as the FBI or London's MET. These comments serve no real purpose other than to damage the reputation of foreign visitors to this great and welcoming country. Go away if you can't hack it.

Most of my Thai friends hold the same scathing opinion of the Thai Police force. It's common knowledge that they have their hands in every dirty pie you could imagine, take bribes, harass and extort people for money. Nobodys asking them to be as advanced as the FBI or the MET, but the Thai Police have set the bar for corruption and misconduct extremely high, so people are gonna hate!

"....the Thai Police have set the bar for corruption."

I believe in the West Indies it's referred to as the " limbo bar".

I accept your point Ratcatcher & Rykbanior, but I have been a Law & Justice adviser in many countries for years, and Thailand's corruption is relatively modest compared to many other countries. In Papua New Guinea, for example, it is difficult to find any presence on the streets, even in areas with repeated assaults and murders. The population in places like this (eg. Africa) are petrified of the thugs and gangs, who constantly take out their displaced anger on the women and female children. It is unimaginably horrific. Thailand is a heaven in comparison, and almost all govenment services really work well. And significantly, Thailand has achieved this with very little technical or fianancial assistance from the 1st World. I am actually pretty impressed.

You must be one of the first foreigners that are impressed of the BIB, I am not.

There is enough evidence to make an arrest now.

We haven't made the arrest, that takes time, but I am eager to tell you that we are on the cusp of action, and that a solution is quite imminent (or eminent, depending on the accused).

But no real Thai would do such a thing. These are those fake Thais that have no Chinese blood that were born here, raised here, and educated here. Our country was never invaded, except by Chinese sperm (and it's a Thai joke, not ferang).

Of course.

post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg

Rejoice, you miserable people.

The murderers have been caught.

CONGRATULATIONS to the Thai police force.

A job well done.

My condolences again to the families of the victims.

May they rest in peace, their murderers have been apprehended.

There is nothing to rejoice about two young people were struck down horribly in their prime - nothing changes that but hope that justice will be done. I always wanted to go to Ko Tao before as it is one of the few places I haven't been - I no longer want to go anywhere near the place.

• Like 1

A job well done.

There is nothing to rejoice about two young people were struck down horribly in their prime - nothing changes that but hope that justice will be done. I always wanted to go to Ko Tao before as it is one of the few places I haven't been - I no longer want to go anywhere near the place.

And now hopefully nobody will want to go to this godforsaken s|+hole of a corrupt island.

Boycott it and let the girly Village HeadWoman and his girly Mafia girls rot.

It long known to be a total craphole owned and run by the Village HeadWoman and his girly mafia kids.

Tell everyone you know not to go there and let the place die...

Bet the s|t RTP will be leaving there soon.

Hope they rot...

• Like 1

Are you going to answer the questions I asked of you earlier?

What's your connection to Thailand, and Koh Tao in particular, have you ever been to either place?

Doesn't really sound like it!!

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen, commissioner of the Eighth Region Police Command, said the police have now detained all the suspects for questioning, and now have gained evidences of who are the murderer or murderers.

Two lots of DNA on the girls body mean 2 people at least.

Australian media reports that tourists are fleeing Thailand as a result of this gang murder.

A job well done.

The "hope" for justice is what is left to be seen...

Imagine you're the owner of AC BAR, or IN TOUCH, a person with decent reputation on the Island.

Some pedophile from scotland comes and accuses you of murder from Facebook.

What would you do?

I guess that depends on whether I was a murdering rapist or just an apologist.

Nonsense. I would feel safer in Koh Tao than in "These, The Youunited States" - as would many others.