Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

After reading this article, I had to shake my head.

First of all, I'm glad they finally made an arrest and hopefully will make the second very soon (speaking from the following breaking news article that one was arrested).

Now what this article states is that there was no local Mafia involved and "He said local people gave good cooperation to give information, adding the report was not true."

That is complete BULL!!!

The Village Headsman - what does a Village Headsman sound like or do? The first thing that comes to mind, is MAFIA!

Koh Tao - Is a TINY Island where everybody knows each other. One can't pass gas without someone hearing it.

Locals - Were more than likely warned and scared to speak! Why? Maybe because of the Village Headsman you think?

Local Police - Unless Koh Tao is the only place in Thailand that has a legitimate Police force...NOT! It's a small Island ran by the Village Headsman with the Police being employed so to speak by the Village Headsman.

Furthermore, in the article it actually states how incompetent the police were in this investigation:

"He said earlier investigation did not make headway as the cooperation and coordination among authorities were not much with only the investigation police doing their work and no meeting with each other.

But now he said that they will sit down together to discuss and to work in the same direction."

I've been following this investigation from the beginning like most of you, and was hoping that these animals who deserve to be given a slow death, were eventually captured, but through only of course readings from the press, I got to see how this investigation was managed and eventhough I'm all for the new government as they seem to really want to clean up Thailand, Prayuth should focus and make it a priority to begin a massive clean-up of the Police force in Thailand as well as begin tackling the Mafia problem. Thailand cannot do this alone that's for certain...to many things will go wrong. If they do not get outside help on this matter, Thailand will end up like Mexico once they began the campaign to get rid of the drug cartels. They need cooperation from the US & UK in my opinion, but to avoid the same plan Mexico went with that caused more problems than anybody could have imagined!

I for one will NEVER go to Koh Tao again! In such a small island, the "Local Headsman" will always be superior to anybody else including the Police and anything can happen to you as the Locals are too scared to get involved. You will always be at the mercy of the "Local Headsman"!

Me too, and i have a boat and frequently used it around the islands and i will warn all my UK friends, be it parents and their kids !

This is the sort of crime which will be never forgotten and will be talked about for years to come in the bars maybe not the parties , if with luck, they are banned forever.

Life cannot be allowed to get back to normal on the islands after this , even though the Thai's, at what ever level in society they are, want it for money and nothing else.

Can any of us now look at the smiling face serving us in a bar and not think the worst, the've proved ,what they are capable off !

This time because they could not cover it up .

Embassies beware, you have an obligation also not to let the dust settle, this cannot happen again or you will get it from the press the public the world.!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great ,this thread is full of smug Brits says Brit does best lol ,and Thai Police are children .They forget about how long it took the Brits so called Police to catch the Yorkshire ripper ,until he had killed over 10 Women ,then you had Gill Dando ,a high profile TV presenter on UK tv who they framed the murder on a MENTALLY ill man (who was later acquitted ) .Then you had the Guildford 4 .Four Irish people Wrongly given a life sentence for a bombing they were later proven to be innocent of after they served 10 years plus . It really annoys me ,about these smug Brits .But karma is a bitch lol

Anto, stick letting your dog shit everywhere in public places as opposed to that sort of BS

Anto's not wrong though. And Jill Dando's murder may be connected to a paedophile ring.

I haven't seen Brits being smug in this thread though.

I still would be more confident in UK Police than The BIB

Even with the UK police's record of fitting people up? Many innocent people in UK jails.

children of the headman ...untouchables (or so they thought) if this is true this will ramifications on KT

Can you and Soutpeel please not confuse some already confused readers? It was the BROTHER and SON of the village headman!

So brother and son of the village headman, wouldn't that make the son a child of the headman? At least when it's written like that, i get it as it's the headman's son and not his nephew, if so, wouldn't it be "the brother and nephew of the village headman" ?

children of the headman ...untouchables (or so they thought) if this is true this will ramifications on KT

Can you and Soutpeel NOT confuse some already confused readers? It was the BROTHER and SON of the village headman!

Aha , So the local village head ( aka mafia ) honcho's family were involved, maybe the 2 dudes were the ones threatening the other scottish guy that quickley done a runner... the plot thickens...phew think i need a beer .....burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Edited by fabphil

Great work from the Royal Thai Po... hang on. Great work from the French guy who did their job for them and the Police let the guy off the island to escape to the mainland. Another national embarrassment. facepalm.gif

It appears that the mention of a French guy was a mistake, they were referring to the Scots guy who had to flee the country.

It is high time that fair warnings are issued about mafia hotspots so we can avoid them

Thailand has many great places so why go to the mafia ganglands - Samui, Koh Tao, Pattaya, and Phuket

Go elsewhere like Koh Kut, Hua Hin, CM and thousands of other great places

Why (drugs?) do so many tourists ignore the hundreds of wonderful towns and go to the tourist traps of smiling mafias

normally i might be pessimist but I feel there is going to be a big arrest and parade and official recreation this time

the smell of rare justice is in the air tonight

The village headman knows more and knows where his brother is - can someone supply the headmans name and his brothers name and picture so that he does not escape

Good point. There are lots of mafia in Italy, so please don't go there. Oh, there are some in USA as well, so better not go there either.

Great ,this thread is full of smug Brits says Brit does best lol ,and Thai Police are children .They forget about how long it took the Brits so called Police to catch the Yorkshire ripper ,until he had killed over 10 Women ,then you had Gill Dando ,a high profile TV presenter on UK tv who they framed the murder on a MENTALLY ill man (who was later acquitted ) .Then you had the Guildford 4 .Four Irish people Wrongly given a life sentence for a bombing they were later proven to be innocent of after they served 10 years plus . It really annoys me ,about these smug Brits .But karma is a bitch lol

...lets not forget that among Britain's many contributions to the world you'll find Policing, fingerprinting & DNA technology in the first place though eh?

If you're going to quote historic cases please check them for accuracy before posting.

Edited by evadgib

After reading this article, I had to shake my head.

First of all, I'm glad they finally made an arrest and hopefully will make the second very soon (speaking from the following breaking news article that one was arrested).

Now what this article states is that there was no local Mafia involved and "He said local people gave good cooperation to give information, adding the report was not true."

That is complete BULL!!!

The Village Headsman - what does a Village Headsman sound like or do? The first thing that comes to mind, is MAFIA!

Koh Tao - Is a TINY Island where everybody knows each other. One can't pass gas without someone hearing it.

Locals - Were more than likely warned and scared to speak! Why? Maybe because of the Village Headsman you think?

Local Police - Unless Koh Tao is the only place in Thailand that has a legitimate Police force...NOT! It's a small Island ran by the Village Headsman with the Police being employed so to speak by the Village Headsman.

Furthermore, in the article it actually states how incompetent the police were in this investigation:

"He said earlier investigation did not make headway as the cooperation and coordination among authorities were not much with only the investigation police doing their work and no meeting with each other.

But now he said that they will sit down together to discuss and to work in the same direction."

I've been following this investigation from the beginning like most of you, and was hoping that these animals who deserve to be given a slow death, were eventually captured, but through only of course readings from the press, I got to see how this investigation was managed and eventhough I'm all for the new government as they seem to really want to clean up Thailand, Prayuth should focus and make it a priority to begin a massive clean-up of the Police force in Thailand as well as begin tackling the Mafia problem. Thailand cannot do this alone that's for certain...to many things will go wrong. If they do not get outside help on this matter, Thailand will end up like Mexico once they began the campaign to get rid of the drug cartels. They need cooperation from the US & UK in my opinion, but to avoid the same plan Mexico went with that caused more problems than anybody could have imagined!

I for one will NEVER go to Koh Tao again! In such a small island, the "Local Headsman" will always be superior to anybody else including the Police and anything can happen to you as the Locals are too scared to get involved. You will always be at the mercy of the "Local Headsman"!

Me too, and i have a boat and frequently used it around the islands and i will warn all my UK friends, be it parents and their kids !

This is the sort of crime which will be never forgotten and will be talked about for years to come in the bars maybe not the parties , if with luck, they are banned forever.

Life cannot be allowed to get back to normal on the islands after this , even though the Thai's, at what ever level in society they are, want it for money and nothing else.

Can any of us now look at the smiling face serving us in a bar and not think the worst, the've proved ,what they are capable off !

This time because they could not cover it up .

Embassies beware, you have an obligation also not to let the dust settle, this cannot happen again or you will get it from the press the public the world.!!

• Like 2

Brother and nephew of the headman! And arrests made! even more shocking. Good news indeed. Let's hope that these are the actual culprits and that they and anyone else who was involved are brought to justice - and serve their time!

Good chance the BIB have just bought themselves some breathing room. A few days of further investigation and maybe the press will die down and they can continue their investigation in peace. After that, all will go away.

"The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world."

Is that an admission that they have "arrested scapegoats" in the past?

"He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation."

Is that an admission that that local mafia or influential people have interfered with investigations in the past?

"Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think that it is an admission that "scapegoats" are part and parcel of the normal RTP process. However they could'nt do it this time due to the foreign media. w00t.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

Chiang Mai is 'THE' place to live or vacation. Good nightlife, few crimes, cheap housing, many tourist attractions, good hospitals (Bangkok General and RAM to name 2 of them), Labor extremely cheap (2 hours at my house to fix a water leak - $3), cooler weather, mountains but no ocean, large lake, etc.

• Like 1

The village headman is also the owner of a bar there, he can keep his bar open all night long why because he's the village chief.

Not nearly as powerful as the one running the blatant Russian prostitution racket situated in the middle of walking street Pataya for all to see.. whistling.gif

Relax everyone. They don't make arrests until all the DNA, etc are examined. In the meantime, the suspects are being held by the police. So many of you are really uneducated people on this board. The police are doing well. They want the case to be solid. In fact, they probably want confessions from the guys who did this. The confessions are normally easy to get in these cases in Thailand. You think torture forget that.

All they need to do is to explain DNA and other forensic evidence. Most people dont even know about DNA and what it can do and certainly many Thais isolated on a little island working at labor type of jobs probably dont scan the internet for the latest and greatest. They probably dont even know many cameras are around them.

Once the guilty realize they have no chance they confess for a promise of a less sentence maybe.

I hope these are the right guys and that they do have plenty of evidence including DNA.

If they do though why offer them the promise of a lesser sentence for a confession, better to let it go to trial and crush them in court. If they confess all it will do is save money in a trial. I think due to the monumental global coverage better to make severe examples and hit them with maximum sentence.

Or better still - lethal injection ....

They don't deserve the lethal injection...

They deserve a slow miserable death and have the authorities use the end of the murder weapen to sharply shove it up their A??!!!!! and let it sit there until they die!

That's what they deserve and that's only putting it lightly!

The brother of the village chief

2014 and there are still 'village chiefs' has there ever been a position in Thailand so utterly interlinked and embedded with corruption than that of the local chief

There's one in Surat Thani like this, gets away with anything he likes, the king of corruptors. He is a Kamman come Monk thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Just like many other TV posters I hope this case is quickly solved and the real perpetrators of this horrific crime are brought to justice, which is done in full view of the of the worldwide media. However, If the murdered pair were Thai, one wonders how such a crime would (if ever) have been solved, if people of local influence were involved.

An earlier poster said that solving this crime which seems to have been committed by the sons of a local VIP is a 'watershed' because the 'untouchables' have been 'touched' at the behest of the PM General. This maybe so, but surely the real litmus test of his credibility is whether anything is done soon to apprehend the son of Redbull who appears to have disappeared under the radar, because this a 'Thai only' case and not the focus of world wide media attention.

Thais getting so much hate from the westerners here, lol. Its like no western does something like this, people must of forgotten the norweigan guy who hopped on the island to kill 80 people, he's got himself a nice cell with ps3, but you want capital punishment for the murderers of these two people, why? Because a farang got killed by an asian, hypocrisy at its best!

It's the way the case was being obviously corrupted from day one is what really got peoples back up.

Andy Lines @andylines 12 Min.

Police have just been granted permission to search a bar on Sairee Beach. It's nine DAYS on but ...

But beaches are public property, so......

What's this crap about police have been granted permission,In a murder case police don't need permission to search,,,This is the biggest load off Bullshit I have heard in a while!!!

• Like 2

Just like many other TV posters I hope this case is quickly solved and the real perpetrators of this horrific crime are brought to justice, which is done in full view of the of the worldwide media. However, If the murdered pair were Thai, one wonders how such a crime would (if ever) have been solved, if people of local influence were involved.

An earlier poster said that solving this crime which seems to have been committed by the sons of a local VIP is a 'watershed' because the 'untouchables' have been 'touched' at the behest of the PM General. This maybe so, but surely the real litmus test of his credibility is whether anything is done soon to apprehend the son of Redbull who appears to have disappeared under the radar, because this a 'Thai only' case and not the focus of world wide media attention.