Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sean guy was full of BS, the expats living in koh tao said the information he gave is not factual and that he is a glory hunter. Bunch of guys who've never been to koh tao believe what he's saying. From his posts I can see he doesn't give a damn about his friends murder, 9 out 10 of his posts are about the scottish referendum.

Yet in the wake of his report, a couple of very influential Koh Tao residents had meetings with the police, and now there is one suspect in custody and another on the run.

Moreover, the guy gave up his life here and placed himself in a position where it might not ever be safe for him to come back.

You don't have to believe him yet, but to dismiss him outright in the meantime is plain wrong, in my humble opinion.

Why would they try to frame a western guy when the DNA retrieved in the crime scene belongs to an Asian. Why would they threaten to hang him instead of going on with it immediately. If these guys are the influential mafia, how did he run away from them in such a small island, you seriously think "mafia" can't take him out of 7/11?

It is BS, the expats living in Koh TAO confirmed it.

There is still a question to be resolved. Witnesses said 3 men were seen on the beach of the night in question and one was playing a guitar and singing English songs. This report may not be true. But if it is, we know that SM was a busker and also worked at AC bar where the two suspects worked. The police need to check this lead. SM claimed to be asleep in his room on the night of the murders. Could he have been on the beach with the two Asian suspects that night? Could SM have been a witness as the Asian men allegedly committed the rape and murder, even though he himself did not take part? Could Hannah have engaged with the group (she may have shared a cigarette with them) because she saw a Westerner was in the group on the beach - someone she may have been acquainted with (if only slightly). And could the Asian suspects put the heat on SM because the Bangkok police could not be controlled in the same way that the local police are, and that the Bangkok police were making progress in their investigations? It's only a theory but one that needs investigating.

Edited by NCFC
  • Like 1

Hopefully this will stop the embarrassing belly-aching by fellow-members about the competence of the Thai Police. The arrogance and lack of respect for Thailand has been very apparent in these baseless assertions. Why on earth would anyone expect the Thai Police to be as skilled and resourced as the FBI or London's MET. These comments serve no real purpose other than to damage the reputation of foreign visitors to this great and welcoming country. Go away if you can't hack it.

Most of my Thai friends hold the same scathing opinion of the Thai Police force. It's common knowledge that they have their hands in every dirty pie you could imagine, take bribes, harass and extort people for money. Nobodys asking them to be as advanced as the FBI or the MET, but the Thai Police have set the bar for corruption and misconduct extremely high, so people are gonna hate!

"....the Thai Police have set the bar for corruption."

I believe in the West Indies it's referred to as the " limbo bar".

• Like 1

2 or 3 patsies found then , no doubt hand picked by the owners etc

All this been rushed up due to 1 person spilling the beans, Sean McAnne, who in my opinion is telling the truth and is found out to be lying as at least got the casemoving

Patsies with matching DNA? They are going to fake those results too?

I know the girl had sex with MONGOLS - Asian people but this does not mean she was raped by them Girls come here for Thai men too... I think this is having international pressure on Thailand and this is why they need to be doing something or at least seen to be.

A case like this is ALWAYS hard and people can swing this way and that with opinions but WE DO NOT have the evidence in front of us so we should await the outcome and keep our opinions just that. OPINIONS.

• Like 1

"If there are mafias"

The police denying there even are mafias on Koh Tao is a sure sign this is a cover up. Have they even bothered questioning the ones in the bar brawl or the ones chasing the remaining witness? This is a joke.

They are not denying there are mafias

Give the police the benefit of the doubt as up till now we can only go on what the media have been saying which stories keep changing all the time

I would hope with this crack down going on and the world watching that it would be very difficult to cover this up. Doubt the english would allow this

Now with the army around they are more powerful than the police and the mafia so hopefully they can push this case through

Asian are always talking about face when they are the first ones to put themselves in situation that will make them loose face for sure ! How ridiculous they are !

It's like saying that there won't be corruption in Thailand soon.

Only an uneducated stupid person more used to use guns than brain could say that, right ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Posted 13 minutes ago

webfact, on 16 Sept 2014 - 08:55, said:snapback.png

CRIME

Koh Tao 'sealed off' after two tourists brutally killed

THE NATION, AFP

30243363-01_big.jpg

Gruesome murders of British pair on island paradise shock locals and visitors

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have sealed off the resort island of Koh Tao off Surat Thani province to hunt down killers who brutally murdered a British couple and possibly raped the woman on Sunday night. The 24-year-old victims have been identified as Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....itish-tourists/

this person in the black t shirt looks the same person put on the facebook pages and another newspaper we cant quote . this is dated 16 sept 14

StealthEnergiser You are correct!

Thailand was not at all serious about arresting any Thai citizens connected to this. It was the brave heart "Sean McAnna" who posted the Facebook 7-11 shop picture while hiding in the shop for this life gave a proper message and attention to the world. Now Thailand is forced to take action on own citizens now. The next step will be, they will appoint a lousy Thai lawyer who don't show any interest to convict or prove, and accused will deny going for DNA test. Then later they will announce there is not enough evidence to prove until and unless of Scotland Yoad, or FBI rope in for investigation or until if most countries give warning as Thailand bad destination for holidays. Let us hope the two young British youths will justice from Thailand.

If this guy is actually guilty, cops who let him near the crime area should be investigated as well....

hahahahaha! you guys really don't know this island do you...? Cops/Mafia.. Same Same!

• Like 1

Hopefully this will stop the embarrassing belly-aching by fellow-members about the competence of the Thai Police. The arrogance and lack of respect for Thailand has been very apparent in these baseless assertions. Why on earth would anyone expect the Thai Police to be as skilled and resourced as the FBI or London's MET. These comments serve no real purpose other than to damage the reputation of foreign visitors to this great and welcoming country. Go away if you can't hack it.

Most of my Thai friends hold the same scathing opinion of the Thai Police force. It's common knowledge that they have their hands in every dirty pie you could imagine, take bribes, harass and extort people for money. Nobodys asking them to be as advanced as the FBI or the MET, but the Thai Police have set the bar for corruption and misconduct extremely high, so people are gonna hate!

hahaha - I'm all out of likes today! Why are our likes limited on TV?

The news is certainly great. I hope the suspect who is hiding in Bangkok is caught before he leaves the country. Anyway I still believe there are more than two people involved. It would have taken at least two Asian guys to overcome David and at the same time someone had to keep an eye on Hannah unless she was completely paralyzed by fear or whatever.

Exactly my thought. I said this to a friend the other day that there would have to be at least 3 or 4 of them.

We;ll see

He had quite some head injuries. If the first hit was unexpected and one of the worse blows, I would think he was already cowering in pain and groggy with the world spinning around him. A wooden bar was found believed to be the weapon for that so probably had some blood on it. Easy target to strike a few more times then leave for dead in the water. And if Hannah was witnessing the attack she probably was paralyzed with fear. Also don't underestimate the strength of the-fisherman-island-type-locals (yes there exists no such stereotype but you probably know what I mean).

hahaha - I'm all out of likes today! Why are our likes limited on TV?

To keep the easily pleased in check?

I have been following this with great interest for the last week , is anyone able to confirm that the man on the left of SM 's 7/11 picture

is the same man seen hanging around with the police at the crime scene on day one ?

And , is there any truth in the statement that two men in SM's 7/11 picture refused to be DNA tested .

Refusing a DNA test doesn't indicate guilt.

Would you want the bib to have a sample of your dna?

It certainly doesn't indicate innocence either.

I think it's called civil liberty facepalm.gif

'

Thailand - Martial Law - Civil Liberties

Hmmmm ..... Double facepalm.gifplus crazy.gif

• Like 1

A post quoting the Bangkok Post has been removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

This has always interested me, why exactly is this?

Can the BP and PW legally prevent you from quoting their articles, or is this some private arrangement for reasons unknown?

With luck PW will close in Feb anyway, I simply can't stand that ahole Morrison who edits it!

I was once on Koh Tao myself and had to leave as my girl I met there had her dogs shot and I was told to leave quickly for my safety so there is an element of bad guys. I also had my wallet stolen but after reporting it to the police I was told it never happened on that island and it must have happened on the transport to BKK and to report it in BKK.

They hush up everything there,

Why? Do you have long floppy ears and a wet nose?

• Like 1

Andy Lines @andylines 12 Min.

Police have just been granted permission to search a bar on Sairee Beach. It's nine DAYS on but ...

But beaches are public property, so......

So......

So what?

Are you implying a beach is the same as a bar?

No, I'm implying that since the structure is technically illegal, they should have had no impediment against searching it whenever they liked.

• Like 1

Might as well speculate further. It's the TV forum, so what the hell.

These fellows are relatives of the local Kamnan.

They work In the bar.

The island is well known (it seems) for access to easy drugs

Full moon party types need disco biscuits on the late night dance party.

To sell drugs without worries,sellers need to be connected and protected .

To sell drugs to tourists , what better placement than working in a bar

Perhaps, if the can of worms was opened further, a whole new case could break open. I doubt it though since that will cause even more loss of face.

TV trolls, open hunting time. Enjoy.

• Like 1

There are so many cases of Thai killing other Thais that never get justice. Even if the murderers are convicted they will get an easy time. In Thai jail and probably be out in a couple of years at most. Thais killing foreigners in Thailand is not the same as Thais killing Thais or God forbid - foreigners killing a Thai.

• Like 1

A post quoting the Bangkok Post has been removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

This has always interested me, why exactly is this?

Can the BP and PW legally prevent you from quoting their articles, or is this some private arrangement for reasons unknown?

With luck PW will close in Feb anyway, I simply can't stand that ahole Morrison who edits it!

I know, it's hard to believe that there are copyright laws in Thailand, isn't it?

biggrin.png

If this arrest is for real, thanks the PM. He shows before that He is going to get EVERYBODY acting against Thailand interest and image. Some people may not like that, but he is putting his country on the right direction, and in just few months of work.

• Like 2

There must have been a frantic scramble all week with the headman and police chief plotting the coverup but the international pressure was too much this time.

No secrets on that little island. The cops knew and stalled all week.

Now the two guys threatening the Scottish fellow need to be looked at. I believe they were thugs looking for a patsy and the kid barely got away.

Looks like a few of us may eat humble pie (like me)

looks like the police may have found the correct murderers / not stitched anybody up etc

For that i apologise for doubting them and hope this is the future now

I admire your optimism but I have to say to you--------- You are a bit ahead of yourself,nothing has actually materialised yet---- like they say "don't jump before you're pushed"