need reliable car and driver for trip to CNX/BKK/CNX

jaideeguy

As stated in the headline.............reliable driver and reliable vehicle and hopefully personal recommendation for trip down to BKK to the US embassy, then back same day.

Any rough estimates on drive time one way??

And cost of gas/car and driver please................

Thanks in advance.

petrol cost around 2000 to 2500 baht / way (depend on car) so will be 4000 - 5000 baht at least for return trip, driver who work 8 or 9 hour/way and if back within same day mean overtime work for total 18 hours or more driving to US embassy and back......plus car rental for 24 hours think easily cost u more than 8000 baht.

Better fly and take taxi to the embassy, or rent a car with driver in bkk airport.......just search google for : car rental with driver in bangkok airport

petrol cost around 2000 to 2500 baht / way (depend on car) so will be 4000 - 5000 baht at least for return trip, driver who work 8 or 9 hour/way and if back within same day mean overtime work for total 18 hours or more driving to US embassy and back......plus car rental for 24 hours think easily cost u more than 8000 baht.

Better fly and take taxi to the embassy, or rent a car with driver in bkk airport.......just search google for : car rental with driver in bangkok airport

18-20 hours in one day is suicide.

Book into a guest house before returning.

• Like 1

I can appreciate that it is a long trip and will add that my wife could do a portion of the driving and suggested that they stop at one of the roadside 24hr hotels outside of BKK for a short rest and fresh-up before jumping into the BKK madness. This is just in the planning stages at this point and seeking the best/safest way.

Their appointment at the Embassy is at 7am and traffic will be a nightmare for sure.

Another idea would be for them to take the VIP bus down the day before and stay in a hotel near the US consulate. Any recomendations for a mid range hotel in that area??

That's a possible idea, what's the best airfare and earliest flight?? Their appointment is 7am..................peak rush hr and how far to the US embassy from Don Muang??

That's a possible idea, what's the best airfare and earliest flight?? Their appointment is 7am..................peak rush hr and how far to the US embassy from Don Muang??

Not sure but I think earliest flight is with BKK Airways @ 6-55am

Given the tenor of your question and with a desire to help you as so many others here have, may I pose a question? Are you sure you have to go to the US embassy? There is a US consulate in Chiang Mai that can handle, as a rough estimate, 95% of everything the embassy can do for you. Save a trip?

• Like 1

Given the tenor of your question and with a desire to help you as so many others here have, may I pose a question? Are you sure you have to go to the US embassy? There is a US consulate in Chiang Mai that can handle, as a rough estimate, 95% of everything the embassy can do for you. Save a trip?

If you had been falling the OP over the past few months then you would know that he is part of that 5 %biggrin.png

• Like 1

The practical answer is fly. If afraid of flying, then it is a two-day trip. To do it in one day is, as previously suggested, totally impractical and suicidal.

If you get the schedule right, sleeper buses might serve a 24-hour purpose.

Edited by Mapguy

If you had been falling the OP over the past few months then you would know that he is part of that 5 %biggrin.png

555!

555!

I'm just following the advise of my lawyer in BKK, but will consult with the local CM consulate as he just told me that it may be 2 trips to BKK. 1 for the police clearance and the 2nd for the actual [final] interview which I'm not to happy about as now the cost and effort is doubled..................

I think that the local consulate can handle tourist visas, but I'm applying for immigrant visas which I have been told have to be processed in BKK.

555!

I'm just following the advise of my lawyer in BKK, but will consult with the local CM consulate as he just told me that it may be 2 trips to BKK. 1 for the police clearance and the 2nd for the actual [final] interview which I'm not to happy about as now the cost and effort is doubled..................

I think that the local consulate can handle tourist visas, but I'm applying for immigrant visas which I have been told have to be processed in BKK.

Who told you that? Have you talked with someone at the Consulate?

From the US Consulate Chiang Mai website, a post dated August 14, 2014:

"We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, adoption cases, and emergency nonimmigrant visa cases. We are printing visas for these cases and all cases with very few delays."

http://chiangmai.usconsulate.gov/visas.html

Edited by mesquite

I just copied the following from their website................

http://chiangmai.usconsulate.gov/apply-for-a-visa.html

IMMIGRANT VISAS

The U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai only issues nonimmigrant visas for temporary stays in the United States. If you wish to settle permanently in the United States, you will need an immigrant visa. For further information, please see the Immigrant Visa page of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.

I hope I'm wrong, but don't think so as I did a bit of research several months ago.......................but will call later this morning and try to speak with a human

I just copied the following from their website................

http://chiangmai.usconsulate.gov/apply-for-a-visa.html

IMMIGRANT VISAS

The U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai only issues nonimmigrant visas for temporary stays in the United States. If you wish to settle permanently in the United States, you will need an immigrant visa. For further information, please see the Immigrant Visa page of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.

I hope I'm wrong, but don't think so as I did a bit of research several months ago.......................but will call later this morning and try to speak with a human

US Govt = confusing. Best of luck.