Now all THAI passengers will get extra 10 kilogramme baggage allowance

Lite Beer

Good, hope the other domestic carriers follow suit i.e Bangkok Airways. Always end up traveling from BKK to the north via coach as the airlines from the UK (Etihad & Emirates) allows 30KG to BKK but then any connecting domestic flight is then only 20GK!!! Though sure most people don't get close to 30KG so who knows what difference it will make!

Exactly, they're loosing market share to the ME airlines, all of whom offer 30kg's., baggage allowance is a serious factor for me when I go to buy a ticket.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be allowed an extra 30Kg for free, the guy sat next to me who's double my weight should pay for it.

Did the guy next to you have double the space?

I was on a BKK to Dubai flight seated next to an ignorant oversized Middle Eastern "gentleman" who was anything but! He buffeted his wife into a window seat, and then proceeded to spread half of his bulk over the arm rest to my seat, and pushed his legs to either side so that his wife was pinned to the window, and I had to sit on one cheek to avoid his bulk! Needless to say, a few elbow and knee nudges accompanied by a "stick to your own space" look had the desired effect, but I think his wife was sensibly completely silent the whole journey - I think she was conserving oxygen!

Have been a Gold Member for some years & always enjoy flying with them,& as my business often needs to change flights at a moments notice they are always accommodating. Try change an Air Asia flight within 48 hrs of departure, Money bye Bye.

It's also the best way to fly to Auckland as most other connections are diabolicle .Anyone comparing cabin service or comfort in say BA,Qantas or Jetstar with Thai, Thai everytime for me thankyou!!

Maybe off subject but the idiots who lug oversize, overweight bags into the cabin should be stopped in particular it happens on cheap airlines as they have to pay for checked baggage. It is actually very dangerous for 3 reasons Only 2 weeks ago it took me & a hostess to lift what must have been a 35kg bag into the overhead locker.

They have a size checker & weight is 7kg. If does not comply cannot take on board. CHECK IT IN

i nearly always fly EVA from heathrow to bkk and the thai flight leaves and arrives around 30 mins later than EVA however EVA use 777's and on the 1 thai flight i took they were using a 747 which might have been powered by coal judging by the state of it. the thai flights are always 50-75% more than EVA. have they stepped into this century yet?

kg

too little, too late, methinks

Why? I Use them regularly and they are fine.... I was looking for a fare for the dates I wanted over the new year, coming up, and they were the cheapest full service, and direct flight, airline for those dates... they were only about 60 AUD dearer than AA and the like...

Use them a bit and you may just get a surprise

Yes.i agree too.

Since 2013 I had 38 flights including Thai flights and the best service I had in Thai flights.Thai services are most pleasant from start to landing.

All of the staff is always ready for any request at any time.In one of my direct flights I forgot my asthma inhaler and when I asked stewardess for it she spent nearly an hour but she found it somewhere on the bottom of the plane storage...and it surprised me a lot because it was at night and I thought she forgotten.

I have reached mileage in Thai flights that allowed me to have gold member card

just in one year.

I have been flying Quantas, Virgin, Air Asia, Malasian and Indonesian lines but I value Thai as best and most friendly air carrier service. As for the prices then I believe they have seasons and off seasons but I also enjoyed direct flights with Thai just for $845 doll.spending 7 hours flight (not even 8).

My friend has bookings in 4 of October just for $748 doll with Thai ..direct flight....from Brisbane.

Can you complain on this???

They have good food and enough for normal eating person not to mention that they are always happy to serve you alcohol any time and any kind for free...

Sorry but I can not say wrong word about Thai services. They are not so reach as other famous flights but I believe they trying they best to be on the top and they will be...I wish Thailand the best

With everything in the future because they deserved it and all hard working Thai people.

Time will show. ...

I just do not understand why normal tourist needs 30 kg luggage when going to Thailand. ..for vacations.

my last trip I paid extra AA lines for 20 kg because I carried my music keaboard 26 kg in the case

Plus my clothes for 6 month of staying in LOS and all together it was 40 kg . On top of it on board luggage 7 kg and laptop bag 4 kg.

To be honest most of my clothes was never used because those i used I washed every second day.

Loundry in Thai is ridiculous cheap...

Clothes required are light and cheap too..

Simply I do not get it why anyone need so much weight and unnecessary balast going for vacations????

Except this trip I carry just onboard luggage which is a little over weighted but it is good enough for spending even 6 months in Los.....

To be honest most of the people carry unnecessary loads just in case....

Just be honest when you add all of allowed weight it is:

30 kg plus main luggage

7 kg (mostly abused weight) on board

Personal bags (laptop etc., woman bags)

Usualy 2-5 kg

Total:42 kg per person. ...

That is more then half of the average person body weight...

And you expecting cheaper tickets?????

Do not forget about a lot of over weighted people...

Some expectations are to have more food on the flight. ...

I think we are spoiled nation..

Edited by gigman

Seems Thai Smile stays at 20 kgs flying cattle class, thus be warned if you have a connecting domestic flight with TS! And all TS flights will be using Don Meuang as of October 26 2014.

(Handy if you have an international flight out of Swampy)

Edited by tartempion

• 1 year later...