Killers of Britons may have fled Koh Tao - Police pin hopes on DNA test results

webfact

This Sean McAnna character has gone very quiet since leaving Thailand. I'd have thought once out of the country he would have given a more detailed interview. Has anyone been able to find any quotes from him since leaving the country? Surely he wants to at least defend the accusations that he required assistance to remove blood from all over his body!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Might have fled' mmm... In this case the killers must have used a boat. One they have used themselves or one they have rented. Any boat missing? Stolen at Koh Tao or at other places? Perhaps there was a fishing trailer, who go for anchor? Isn't there any help from the coast guards? And if they went a shore, how did they travel further?

There is a million baht reward.... WHO knows any relative who is a drug abuser and behaves strange or suspicious during the period of the killing till today? People, simply sent his dna (can be anything) to the police, with a letter why you think this person might be involved. The police will handle your evidence with all secrecy.

I am sure, that one of the killers have told somebody that they were about to visit Koh Tao. There are not many people during that period, compare to the 68 million Thai we have. If you combine this fact with, friends, drugs and suspicious behavior, it is worth to sent a dna sample to the police.

Good luck,

"Among the difficulties in looking for the killers is that there are about 4,000 migrant workers from Myanmar on the islands and not all of them are registered. The killers may already have left the island, Kiattipong said."

Excellent ... It was an undocumented migrant worker who got away on the first boat. Well, maybe he tried to swim to the mainland and drowned. Case closed.

Ok so let me get this right the report says that the poilce have collected 200 DNA samples from almost everybody on the island but the problem is there are 4000 migrant workers ,4 thousand??

So quick maths says that 4000 migrant workers , 200 DNA samples so 5% of people?

Surely there cannot be 4000 migrants on Kho Tao?

I recall reading a couple of days ago in the international press (sorry, I cannot remember the source) that some have refused to provide their DNA. I am not seeing that in the news out of Thailand (I am overseas).

Just because it was in the international press does not make it true, but has anyone else heard about someone, i.e. a VIP, refusing to provide DNA ?

Edited by californiabeachboy

Thai PBS says the police are waiting on the results from a hundred DNA samples that haven't been tested, yet.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/100-dna-samples-yet-tested/

Yet the resort owners were tested and cleared in world record time lol

Does anyone know if all DNA samples are being processed in Singapore?

With all the conflicting news reports, I am not sure I know anything for sure.

I think it is becoming evident now (if not several days ago) that the BIB's credibility is totally shot. Without outside independent verification of all the evidence, who is going to believe their eventual conclusion?

I suspect many will only believe it now if it involves the so-called "powerful families"

"Without outside independent verification of all the evidence, who is going to believe their eventual conclusion?"

In particular - why should we believe the reported DNA results ??

"I suspect many will only believe it now if it involves the so-called "powerful families"

Absolutely, anything else is not believable by now

"The motivation for the attack is rape, because we found the belongings intact on the victims' bodies," he said.

First reports said that the victims were "found naked" ? <deleted> !

Motivation for the attack is "rape"

OMG the amazing powers of deduction by the BIB.!

I was really wondering why foreign DNA was found on/in the victims !!??

Shambollocked by the BIB again!

How long did it take to have the results from the DNA samples of the village headman and brother (Mon)? Strangely enough that result was rushed far more than any other result in this case. For other results it took more than 48 hours, while their result was less than 24 o.O

About the bullet theory, it's also one that i don't buy into. Sadly i did see the photo, because someone started to share it here on TV.

May be this photo should be made public to show the world what happened in Koh Tao and how seriously the police is working to get hold of the criminals. (With permission of the family only, of course)

The police did make it public on facebook shortly after the bodies was discovered (shame on em for doing so). Anyway, no such photo should be made public in my honest opinion, for the sake of everybody, it's better to not be seen at all unless they are a part of the actual investigation.

"The motivation for the attack is rape, because we found the belongings intact on the victims' bodies," he said.

I also read somewhere that Hannah's phone was missing, or did i misunderstand something?

Is it more than one attacker?

Yes, three attackers! Two to fight with Miller and one to hold the woman to prevent her from running. One attacker with a gun or knife might be able to do that, but if it was a gun Miller wouldn't have had bruised knuckles from fighting and if it was a knife he would have had slab wounds. It would be difficult, if not impossible, to hold two people under your control with just a garden hoe. Especially if one of those persons is fighting with you. Plus two different sperm samples and one condom adds up to three.

Was the attacker a local resident?

Highly unlikely! Look! These guys see beautiful tourist all the time. They probably see more beautiful women in a month than you do a year back home. All in swim suits or shorts and halter tops and no bra. You just don't flip out one day, with two of your friends and decide to rape and murder someone. It don't happen that way. A Migrant Workers is possible, but he would have to be someone that is quite new their.

Was an attacker caught on camera running?

No Way! Imagine for a minute three bank robbers, who would go into a bank with some sort of weapon, stand around and smoke a few cigarettes, spend maybe 20 minutes in the bank, then run out the door to a speeding car. Not likely as they would be in out of the bank with the money as quickly as they could and as far away as possible.

But they treats these murders like a bank robbery who commit the crime under the influence of drugs. These guys took their time to attack them and later rape Hanna. They were probable on the scene for at least 20 minutes. With bot victims now dead, and no witnesses, there is no need to panic now and run away, Unless they were stocking these two, they also were probably staying close by the scene.

Did the murderer leave the island?

Yes! Of course they did! Or are in hiding. But Probably all three together the next day. This is why they should have stopped all traffic from leaving the island as soon as they found out about the crime. If the DNA is Asian, which I am not convinced it is, then possibly a Migrant Worker, and as they say.

Is this that attackers first attempt at rape or murder?

Very highly unlikely! You just don't get up one day and talk two of your friends into raping and murdering two people. Rape from a stranger is rare. Possibly 5% of the total. But rape and murder of the victim is even more rare than this. So rare they don't keep figures on it. So it would be Lotto Ticked Odds for this to happen from a first time offender(s). At least one of them have a history.

" Police have pinned their hope on DNA test results from samples collected from ALMOST everybody on Koh Tao . "

Yes, almost everybody but just who have been excluded and why ?

How many people, both locals and tourists, left the Island before testing started.

And I can just imagine how much the crime scene was trampled upon... not even fenced off until much later. Even the 2 cigarette butts could have been from one of the onlookers before scene was secures (or was it?).

• Like 1

everyone except the locals that is, was the son tested , no of course not, dna is the only thing that can rule someone out but then when you are being paid to ignore the truth who cares.

Seajae... my man! If the father & uncle have been cleared that would automatically clear the son. The DNA differences between them are miniscule and testing is often done on family members - sometimes generations later - to determine a DNA match. The investigation has said the son was in Bangkok on the day of the murders but that is neither here nor there. He's been ruled out. By DNA.

Highly unlikely! Look! These guys see beautiful tourist all the time. They probably see more beautiful women in a month than you do a year back home. All in swim suits or shorts and halter tops and no bra. You just don't flip out one day, with two of your friends and decide to rape and murder someone. It don't happen that way. A Migrant Workers is possible, but he would have to be someone that is quite new their.

Very highly unlikely! You just don't get up one day and talk two of your friends into raping and murdering two people. Rape from a stranger is rare. Possibly 5% of the total. But rape and murder of the victim is even more rare than this. So rare they don't keep figures on it. So it would be Lotto Ticked Odds for this to happen from a first time offender(s). At least one of them have a history.

-"You just don't flip out one day, with two of your friends and decide to rape and murder someone."

Unless you have violent background to begin with. But since there were more than one suspect, the whole pack would have to have violent background to begin with - so I guess i'd have to say "unless they have a violent background to begin with". Locals, why not? If they think they won't be convicted. If they know what they are doing. First timers on crime, surely not. The rape hasn't necessarily been done primarily because of "flipping out" on sexual attraction - it could had been done for with means of degdaring, anger, and/or humiliation. This, however, would probably mean, that it would have to be connected to some earlier event/scene, thus not being random attack (which I don't buy anyway, seen that there was several murderers and very close trip to the bar and beach party).

In fact, I would think local (or nearby living) criminals acting as a pack would better fit into executing such a brutal scenario on familiar lands for them, where they feel comfortable at - where they know laws and how local police handle crimes - than few individually varying drunken tourists on an island far from home on a foreign soil acting as a brutal murder/rape pack (yeah right). It happened with deep understanding between the pack, they surely knew what they were doing, since more than one even raped the another victim (R.I.P.). No tourist without deep criminal/mafia past would have guts to execute scenario such as this so close to the people and the beach party, not to mention you'd have to find more than one psychopath who thinks alike. The bar raises too high. No such lottery ticket exist. And btw they would have to be Asian (DNA evidence).

My bet is these people are local or nearby criminals/mafia/whatsoever, who have violent past and who have worked in crime together before. Perhaps robbing, mugging, maybe even killing? Not just 2-3 random drunken tourists, who all together that one day agreed that "today we are all going to commit a murder/rape on this foreign beach together out of the blue".

Edited by dealthedice
  • Like 2

police have pinned all their hopes on the DNA test results of samples they have collected from almost everybody on Koh Tao

"As of yesterday, police had collected about 200 DNA samples from people on Koh Tao, mostly immigrant workers."

I thought the population of Koh Tao was close to 1,300. If that's the case 200 DNA samples is not "almost everybody" on Koh Tao.

"An important piece of evidence collected from the scene was a condom that had the DNA of the female victim, Kiattipong said, insisting that police believe there were two or three attackers."

I'm assuming all the DNA collected at the scene has been processed. How many different DNA types were found? Seems that would answer the question of number of attackers. I suppose it's possible but unlikely that someone took part in the murder but not in the rapes. Maybe this question has already been answered though, as I haven't read all the numerous threads that are running.

[/quote

What migrant workers could afford condoms all spent on Laokhao by that time at night.

Killers of Britons may have fled Koh Tao

It took the Thai Sherlocks this long to figure this out? The killers were gone within 24 hours, probably even gone before the police arrived on the scene.

Personally, I think all the DNA testing is bogus. Some suspects were allowed to refuse DNA testing. Why? Especially if a suspect.

The Hi-So family DNA tests were reported (as negative) in a time shorter than it takes to actually conduct a DNA test. Has the son in Bangkok been tested?

Finally, I must question the integrety of the DNA samples. I doubt, given the unprofessionalism, incompetence and corruption of the RTP, that any of the samples are legitimate, or uncontaminated, not to mention maintaining a proper chain of custody.

The world needs to hold Thailand's feet to the fire on this and NOT let them get away with a coverup.

The RTP needs to be disbanded and a new police force formed from scratch with a goal of integrety and professionalism.

This whole incident, and the handling of it by the RTP, is absolutely sickening. The coup has achieved NOTHING, other than a calm before the next storm.

&lt;deleted&gt;, what have the majority of us been saying from day 1, even though the place was 'sealed off' why did the police stall with all these scapegoats and waste valuable time? They may not have fled, they HAVE fled. The real killers are long gone and if it were not for TV, other social media sites and I hate to say even Sean, this case may have fizzled out already. Keep it going people, keep breaking their balls because if this happens again I and many others will have lost total faith and respect in any part of this kingdom.

-"You just don't flip out one day, with two of your friends and decide to rape and murder someone."

Unless you have violent background to begin with. But since there were more than one suspect, the whole pack would have to have violent background to begin with - so I guess i'd have to say "unless they have a violent background to begin with". Locals, why not? If they think they won't be convicted. If they know what they are doing. First timers on crime, surely not. The rape hasn't necessarily been done primarily because of "flipping out" on sexual attraction - it could had been done for with means of degdaring, anger, and/or humiliation. This, however, would probably mean, that it would have to be connected to some earlier event/scene, thus not being random attack (which I don't buy anyway, seen that there was several murderers and very close trip to the bar and beach party).

In fact, I would think local (or nearby living) criminals acting as a pack would better fit into executing such a brutal scenario on familiar lands for them, where they feel comfortable at - where they know laws and how local police handle crimes - than few individually varying drunken tourists on an island far from home on a foreign soil acting as a brutal murder/rape pack (yeah right). It happened with deep understanding between the pack, they surely knew what they were doing, since more than one even raped the another victim (R.I.P.). No tourist without deep criminal/mafia past would have guts to execute scenario such as this so close to the people and the beach party, not to mention you'd have to find more than one psychopath who thinks alike. The bar raises too high. No such lottery ticket exist. And btw they would have to be Asian (DNA evidence).

My bet is these people are local or nearby criminals/mafia/whatsoever, who have violent past and who have worked in crime together before. Perhaps robbing, mugging, maybe even killing? Not just 2-3 random drunken tourists, who all together that one day agreed that "today we are all going to commit a murder/rape on this foreign beach together out of the blue".

Agreed, the widely reported argument (apparently when the UK boy stepped in to stop someone harassing her) in the AC bar is more than enough to enrage a couple of local thugs. I for one am convinced this was premeditated and done purely as retribution, not simply for sex.

The guy you are replying to above seems to be a complete idiot.

• Like 1

This must send shrivers down the spines of tourists there and heading there.

Lets hope they are caught and the senseless brutal murders stop.

God knows where they could strike next?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303910-i9415-k7811834-Should_we_still_go-Ko_Tao_Surat_Thani_Province.html

Thanks traviss. Someone must have some clout with TripAdvisor! Topic only started yesterday but already closed by TripAdvisor whereas other topics relating to KohTao, months and years old,are still open.

All 21 replies to "Should we still go/" say yes, go, it is safe! Fishy smell.

Why don`t they urge people to read the FCO travel advisories and the Independent, Telegraph, Mirror and BBC news reports? Can`t suggest that myself as it is already a closed topic!. &lt;deleted&gt; is going on?

I also read somewhere that Hannah's phone was missing, or did i misunderstand something?

You did read it. You read it because it was posted by another person who, also, had nothing to block thoughts coming directly from their brain and going to their keyboard; with no filter in between. It was just one page back. That has, to my knowledge, not been posted on anything higher than a blog. Certainly no newspaper or magazine has published that information.

If you are not sure, why are you typing such a question? Unless you are contributing a link that clears things up, then you are just gossiping. Stop gossiping!

Wise men speak when they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something - Plato

Several posters on here have been keeping the thread hot by speculating and false/distorted reports. What this causes is confusion. It seems that statements like yours just lead to more confusion. Why are you trying to confuse?

• Like 1