Latest experiences on border runs? Mae sai especially.

So, my ED visa expires 18th Nov. I was gonna fork out and go Laos to renew it, however I have bought a ticket to go to New York 20th December.

My question is, as I have an outgoing ticket; booked and paid for, can I do two border runs and then obtain my ED visa at the Thai consulate in NY?

Any similar experiences people have had with a situation such as this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You could do one border run to get a visa exempt entry and then extend it for 30 days (new rules) at immigration.

See consulate website for ED visa requirements: http://thaiconsulnewyork.com/

So, I can definitely do a border run, then 30 day extension at immigration based on the visa exempt policy? I wouldn't have needed to have been on a tourist visa before?

So, I can definitely do a border run, then 30 day extension at immigration based on the visa exempt policy? I wouldn't have needed to have been on a tourist visa before?

That was before 29/8. Not anymore.

Clarification.

He means before 29/8 you needed a tourist visa to get the extension.

I'm Australian and here on a Visa Exempt 30 day stay and want to leave Thailand via Mae Sai and return the same day after an hour or so walking around Tachilek, obtaining a new Visa Exempt 15 day entry on return back to Thailand. Can anyone tell me if that is still possible ?

I'm Australian and here on a Visa Exempt 30 day stay and want to leave Thailand via Mae Sai and return the same day after an hour or so walking around Tachilek, obtaining a new Visa Exempt 15 day entry on return back to Thailand. Can anyone tell me if that is still possible ?

You can do it.

But you could also go to immigration and get a 30 day extension of your entry that will cost 1900 baht (new rules).

Yes, that is possible.

They will check your passport and tell you not to use that border if for any reason it is not allowed, such as many back-to-back entries.

You are aware that a visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days now? (Again, they might not do it whit back to back entries).

The primary immigration office for Chiang Rai is in Mae Sai. The one in the city of Chiang Rai is just a sub office of it.

Chiang Rai Checkpoint่

That link now brings to a Japanese train station website huh.png.pagespeed.ce.6VcCaNwNXg.png

I did not check the link. But not surprised that it did not work or was redirected, Many of them on the immigration website are like that.