Advice Please.

I have a mate who is arriving on the 11th Oct. He is coming direct from the ME, so no chance of getting a visa. I have already told him that he can get a VE on arrival that he can extend easily for a further 30 days.

It is a very good possibility that he may want to stay for an extended period, he is under 50.

Personally, I have never done a visa run. So would someone kindly give me some advice on the best place to go.

We would fly out of Bangkok. Where would the best place to go for a couple of guys, probably staying for around 5 days, and my mate pick up a double or triple entry visa.

Many thanks.

The only nearby places to obtain a double entry tourist visa are Vientane and Savannakhet. No triple entry. Check the thread pinned at the top of this forum.

Appreciate what you are saying. A double entry would probably suffice. I was looking for a recommendation on where to get the visa that is also good for a couple of guys to spend about 5 days. It does not have to be the closest, but not Singapore or KL.

Let him also think about showing a Return Ticket before boarding the flight from ME (wherever that is wink.png ) to BKK

Some airlines do ask

See this about it

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754481-boarding-to-thailand-without-return-ticket/

+1, Good Info for the OP to relay to his friend.

Thanks guys.

There is no Embassy / Consulate where he is coming from. It should not be a problem.

Can he not have a couple of days in say Bahrain, UAE to get a visa. I am also in ME, there are many options for Thai visas......even in Saudi. Agree also on the return ticket suggestion...especially if he is flying from Saudi (Damman).

Assuming that ME means the Middle East and that he is resident there, he should be able to locate a Thai embassy or consulate in any of the major cities from which he would be flying out. I used to get tourist visas in Dubai when I was planning to stay in Thailand longer than the 30 days allowed on a visa exempt entry. Since I was working in the UAE at the time, I'm not sure if they readily issue tourist visas to non-residents.

When I got my non-imm O-A, I know it was only available to me as a legal resident, but not sure about other visas. On one occasion when I wanted a one-way ticket from Dubai to Bangkok because I was planning on booking another ticket for an onward flight from Bangkok once I was in Thailand, the Thai Airways agent wouldn't sell it to me without a visa, although as I recall, the round-trip ticket wasn't much more than a one-way ticket.

But then if you're up for flying out of Thailand for a holiday with your friend after he's stayed here awhile, you may as well have the holiday and get him a tourist visa then. The only concern being whether he would be allowed to start his trip on a one way ticket without a visa.

But then if you're up for flying out of Thailand for a holiday with your friend after he's stayed here awhile, you may as well have the holiday and get him a tourist visa then. The only concern being whether he would be allowed to start his trip on a one way ticket without a visa.

Covered above post #8.