100 baht a day for food. Is it still possible?

zierf1

What will happen if you get sick or have an accident ? So you need a hospital

govt hospital. good enough for me.

What taxes do you pay in Thailand that makes you feel like you're entitled to use such facilities?

VAT for starters.

What will happen if you get sick or have an accident ? So you need a hospital

govt hospital. good enough for me.

What taxes do you pay in Thailand that makes you feel like you're entitled to use such facilities?

westerners can use Government hospitals just they have to pay full price as they (we) don´t have the 30baht card.

Source? personal experience and a 3 night stay.

To all the young viewers "tuning in" from international water (outside of Thailand)

Don't let any "cheap charlie" farang fool you to come here and live for 100 baht a day budget (about $ 3).

1. You can't get any visa for living in Thailand being under 50 and having that budget.

2. You can't afford to do any visa runs to other countries with that budget

3. You have to live like a bum or a very poor peasant

1) not correct 100%. If you have family/married and have 400k in the bank (regardless of your 100 baht a day food thing) you can get a year long visa extension for

1900 Baht.

2) see above, visa runs may not be required.

3) true!

Still on that budget not going to be able to afford to go to class and learn Thai properly. We could do with less "Kii Nok farangs" in Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

To all the young viewers "tuning in" from international water (outside of Thailand)

Don't let any "cheap charlie" farang fool you to come here and live for 100 baht a day budget (about $ 3).

1. You can't get any visa for living in Thailand being under 50 and having that budget.

1) not correct 100%. If you have family/married and have 400k in the bank (regardless of your 100 baht a day food thing) you can get a year long visa extension for

1900 Baht.

3) true!

Still on that budget not going to be able to afford to go to class and learn Thai properly. We could do with less "Kii Nok farangs" in Thailand.

Why waste so much money on going to Thai classes to learn Thai ? I learnt " bugger all " when i went to Thai Classes! All you have to do is get outside in the " real world " and start chatting to everybody you meet! The streets,shopping Malls,Banks,Trains are loads of Thai ladies waiting for you to talk to them! ( you cannot afford to be the " shy & reserved " type living in Thailand! ) Forget the country where you came from and start a new life with a new culture and try new food and you can quite easily live on 100 baht a day! Do you sit on a mat on the floor when you eat your thai food viewers....?

F.J wub.png

• Like 1

you cannot afford to be the " shy & reserved " type living in Thailand!

says who? huh.png

start a new life with a new culture

Do you sit on a mat on the floor when you eat your thai food viewers....?

both... not in my wildest dreams! tongue.png

I have seen this thread a number of times over the years and the guys always refuse to post pictures of their housing.

Dear Viewer..

Sorry but i cannot take you on a guided tour " Through The Keyhole " ( Loyd Grossman voice ) of my cool 2000 baht a month room ( with free wifi & sat tv ). I feel that it could bring some of our more sensitive viewers to tears when they see what the real prices are in Thailand.But i have attached a photo of myself standing outside " my residence " just two days ago.......

Greetings to you all viewers!

Farang Jaidee ( " jing jing " ) wai2.gif

post-193254-0-38898600-1413774231_thumb.

• Like 2

1900 Baht.

3) true!

Read it again. The young farangs coming here for the first time will not have a family/wife waiting for them here. So they can't get that extension.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1900 Baht.

3) true!

Why waste so much money on going to Thai classes to learn Thai ? I learnt " bugger all " when i went to Thai Classes! All you have to do is get outside in the " real world " and start chatting to everybody you meet! The streets,shopping Malls,Banks,Trains are loads of Thai ladies waiting for you to talk to them! ( you cannot afford to be the " shy & reserved " type living in Thailand! ) Forget the country where you came from and start a new life with a new culture and try new food and you can quite easily live on 100 baht a day! Do you sit on a mat on the floor when you eat your thai food viewers....?

F.J wub.png

Is the food cheaper if you sit on the floor when eating it ?

Why can't you post a photo of your room? I am not following?

Why do you want to see inside his room you nosy gitgiggle.gif

Who wants to post there personal space all over the TV?

Looks like a good place from the outside, definitely a good deal Viewers

Normally it's not interesting to see other people's apartments. But when somebody make 50 posts here about their fantastic apartment in Pattaya that cost nearly nothing and have free wifi it can be interesting.

I have seen this thread a number of times over the years and the guys always refuse to post pictures of their housing.

Of course they refuse. And we all know how their rooms look.

I guess some people can live like this, I for one did not work my nuts off to go and live in a foreign country so I could live like a pauper. Good luck if you can "live" like this I call it existing.

post-203707-14137927821584_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigjules007

I guess some people can live like this, I for one did not work my nuts off to go and live in a foreign country so I could live like a pauper. Good luck if you can "live" like this I call it existing

Me, me, me ^^ If there were less greedy and materialistic people in this world, we all would be living in a healthier, happier, and more prosperous planet for

each and everyone.

Horses for courses my friend, horses for courses.

And btw im extremely healthy and extremely happy living the way I wish to live, im not knocking people who want to live on a shoe string, I was just stating its not the way I Choose to live my life that's all.

• Like 1

I guess some people can live like this, I for one did not work my nuts off to go and live in a foreign country so I could live like a pauper. Good luck if you can "live" like this I call it existing

Me, me, me ^^ If there were less greedy and materialistic people in this world, we all would be living in a healthier, happier, and more prosperous planet for

each and everyone.

Yeah that's so true!!

• Like 1

Dear Viewer..

Sorry but i cannot take you on a guided tour " Through The Keyhole " ( Loyd Grossman voice ) of my cool 2000 baht a month room ( with free wifi & sat tv ). I feel that it could bring some of our more sensitive viewers to tears when they see what the real prices are in Thailand.But i have attached a photo of myself standing outside " my residence " just two days ago.......

Greetings to you all viewers!

Farang Jaidee ( " jing jing " ) wai2.gif

Yeah does look a nice place!! Well done..

each and everyone.

I don't think you understand the way economics works.

• Like 1

Hello Viewers!

Well to all our viewers " tuning in " from international waters ( outside of Thailand ) who are thinking of coming to live in Thailand and of course living on a 100 baht a day budget then my advice is to " Just do it ! " Life is so short so " education,qualifications and proper jobs ( with a shirt and tie ) are all " unimportant " in life! Just get out there and be happy and have a laugh! If you are low on funds ( i am also included..) then get yourself a job in Thailand.You really don't need much to live on as you can see from many " nice people " on Thai Visa ( " myself ".... ) But the best advice is to NOT wait until you are 65 years old! this is absolutely " bloody stupid " as not only is Thailand's farang community starting to look like " Gods waiting room " ... But also at 65 years and older you are quite simply " out of the game "( kind respect to all the old people or even if you do feel a bit old...) I moved abroad when i was 26 years old ( i am now 50 ) This morning when i went out for a morning stroll ( rather pleasant may i add ) i spotted one old farang who looked like " Albert Steptoe " and just made me realize how young i feel!

So just enjoy life while you are still young! Also if you do want to come to Thailand then remember that it has a wonderful " outdoor lifestyle " so don't waste it by sitting indoors all day ( like many farang ) get out and explore Thailand as it is a fab country with lovely (young) people!

Farang Jaidee ( off for a gentle stroll to the beach..)wub.png

Yeah good advice, but I think the old farang you saw would be a lot better off there than back in say the uk, stuck in some pokey council flat or even worse in a dismal old folks home!! lol.

What do you Cheap Charlies do all day? Stare at the Ocean? The trees? Post on Thai Visa but only from Free Wifi? Walk around shopping malls and enjoy the A/C and water fountains while leering at women without every buying anything (except from the food court, but not really because you could make it for less at home)? Are there actually women who want to be around someone like this with no ambition? Don't you ever get bored or want something a bit more?

• Like 1

What do you Cheap Charlies do all day? Stare at the Ocean? The trees? Post on Thai Visa but only from Free Wifi? Walk around shopping malls and enjoy the A/C and water fountains while leering at women without every buying anything (except from the food court, but not really because you could make it for less at home)? Are there actually women who want to be around someone like this with no ambition? Don't you ever get bored or want something a bit more?

Most days I wake up at about 06.00 and start the day with a gentle 15 km stroll.Afternoons lazing about on the beach in the sun ( with random moments of swimming in the sea ) some mornings I take the train out for a little adventure (5 baht max) and take a picnic lunch..I don't ever go to Shopping Malls as I don't enjoy shopping and hate air con! I don't drink or smoke and have no interest in bars but love being sociable whilst being out and about.I am busy with my photography and have always loved the " outdoor lifestyle " F.J x

• Like 2

Most days I wake up at about 06.00 and start the day with a gentle 15 km stroll.Afternoons lazing about on the beach in the sun ( with random moments of swimming in the sea ) some mornings I take the train out for a little adventure (5 baht max) and take a picnic lunch..I don't ever go to Shopping Malls as I don't enjoy shopping and hate air con! I don't drink or smoke and have no interest in bars but love being sociable whilst being out and about.I am busy with my photography and have always loved the " outdoor lifestyle " F.J x

Yehh Pattaya is really the Place for a Cheap Charlie that like walking, beaches and swimming..............

• Like 1

Yeah sounds like a way to spend a day to me..

You might as well join a monastery mate, personally i would be bored within...... around 3 days of doing that, its just an existence, to me life is about living, not existing but if your happy then thats all that counts.

Do you live like this because you choose to or because you have no other choice? i mean is that really the only money you have to live on? Surely you must have some money tucked away for a rainy day?

I would hate to just exist on a meager budget, i could not think of anything worse.

• Like 1

each and everyone.

If there were less greedy and materialistic people on this world you wouldn't have been able to fly to Thailand, or eat most of the food you eat or use the computer your using now to type your low achieving nonsense into this forum.

Im sick of hypocritical losers spouting off there green eyed nonsense, my hard earned tax money contributes to society and yes I choose to be materialistic because its a choice that Is mine.

So your telling me that given the choice you would choose a 100 baht a night dorm room over a 30000 baht a night penthouse suite! Whoever answered they would choose the dorm room then your either Gandi or a pretty good liar.

Edited by bigjules007
  • Like 2

basic economics. if carny were to start selling pencil drawings on the boardwalk for 50 baht and then spent that money at the coffee stand it would improve economic prosperity all around him... coffee man now spends that money on some shrimp and has to replace the coffee and milk factory has to hire workers to pick the coffee and do the paperwork fisherman has to higher workers to catch more shrimp workers send money home etc etc... so the idea that someone sitting around doing nothing all day is to the benefit of society or that frugality is good for an economy is bullshit.