100 baht a day for food. Is it still possible?

zierf1

Viewers!

I don't really see what is wrong with my " hobbies & interests " I am just a non materialistic man enjoying a simple life doing the things i enjoy doing! I spend my days outdoors in the sun ( i couldn't spend all day indoors! ) I love walking ( out of choice ) I love train journeys ( out of choice as i find the roads uninteresting & dangerous ) and my bicycle ! i love the beach ( for the last 25 years! ) I love to socialize while strolling about and enjoy my photography too! I couldn't handle being in a " bar " ( just the thought makes me feel " twitchy " and i would get bored after just a few minutes! ) I love to cook and bake my own bread.I just love the Parks in Thailand (and there are some amazing ones too! ) I have been single for most of my life and did not come to Thailand for the women! ( i had years of that working as a holiday rep in Spain! ) The Thai ladies are beautiful and i enjoy chatting to them but i don't have much in common with most of them! ( apart from my interest in Temples and Buddha Meditation ) The biggest problem is i love being outside in the sun ( they do not ) I do not watch TV! ( they love it! ) i love train adventures ( most Thais do not! ) and many are way too materialistic for me! ( lol )

Many men cannot be alone for even 5 minutes but i have always lived alone ( and sometimes go off on adventures on my own or with a friend )

If you are living a life like myself then 100 baht a day is plenty to live on!

Have a nice day viewers!

Farang Jaidee wub.png

You told us the other day in a sneering post that, and i quote, "I have never worked a day in my life"

So...................how you going to squirm your way out this now that you have been caught with your trousers fully down and had your arse spanked?????

• Like 2

I think that some of our viewers seem to be reading my posts with such " seriousness " . Life is about having a laugh and generally being a bit silly.

Do you take yourselves seriously viewers..?

Farang Jaidee w00t.gif

You have been caught out more than once. You're a liar and a highly stung maniac ready to either kill or do the 13th floor

Hello Viewers!

Well to all our viewers " tuning in " from international waters ( outside of Thailand ) who are thinking of coming to live in Thailand and of course living on a 100 baht a day budget then my advice is to " Just do it ! " Life is so short so " education,qualifications and proper jobs ( with a shirt and tie ) are all " unimportant " in life! Just get out there and be happy and have a laugh! If you are low on funds ( i am also included..) then get yourself a job in Thailand.You really don't need much to live on as you can see from many " nice people " on Thai Visa ( " myself ".... ) But the best advice is to NOT wait until you are 65 years old! this is absolutely " bloody stupid " as not only is Thailand's farang community starting to look like " Gods waiting room " ... But also at 65 years and older you are quite simply " out of the game "( kind respect to all the old people or even if you do feel a bit old...) I moved abroad when i was 26 years old ( i am now 50 ) This morning when i went out for a morning stroll ( rather pleasant may i add ) i spotted one old farang who looked like " Albert Steptoe " and just made me realize how young i feel!

So just enjoy life while you are still young! Also if you do want to come to Thailand then remember that it has a wonderful " outdoor lifestyle " so don't waste it by sitting indoors all day ( like many farang ) get out and explore Thailand as it is a fab country with lovely (young) people!

Farang Jaidee ( off for a gentle stroll to the beach..)wub.png

Yeah good advice, but I think the old farang you saw would be a lot better off there than back in say the uk, stuck in some pokey council flat or even worse in a dismal old folks home!! lol.

Oh yeah, really great advice! , come out to Thailand and get a job and live on a 100 baht a day, really?

To me this nonsensical drivel translates to come to Thailand and be a bum, dodge immigration and work illegally as a teacher barely scrimping by on your meager earnings.

Be a burden on people from time to time when you actually need some money, ie if you suddenly fall sick or need an operation.

And as for Albert Steptoe, i bet he looks like that because he done his fair share of graft when he was younger and he can actually afford to live out here.

Like I said in my previous posts if your happy then good luck to you living on so little.

I for one would rather live on my 300, 000 baht per month budget because of the "unimportant" job I had wearing a suit and tie when I was younger.

I bet im happier than you mate;)

• Like 1

Im sick of hypocritical losers spouting off there green eyed nonsense, my hard earned tax money contributes to society and yes I choose to be materialistic because its a choice that Is mine.

Embracing one's right to choose a "materialistic" lifestyle, then criticizing others for embracing their right to choose a non-materialistic lifestyle is hypocritical.

Kudos to Mr Canary for enjoying himself, however he may choose to do so.

• Like 2

Im sick of hypocritical losers spouting off there green eyed nonsense, my hard earned tax money contributes to society and yes I choose to be materialistic because its a choice that Is mine.

Embracing one's right to choose a "materialistic" lifestyle, then criticizing others for embracing their right to choose a non-materialistic lifestyle is hypocritical.

And if you read any of my previous posts you will see on more than one occasion I say, good luck if you can live this meager existence but its not for me!

I wasn't berating the OP I was expressing to the hypocrites who "do not like this greedy or materialistic world" but then buy or use products off the biggest corporations in the world.

And if you read any of my previous posts you will see on more than one occasion I say, good luck if you can live this meager existence but its not for me!

I wasn't berating the OP I was expressing to the hypocrites who "do not like this greedy or materialistic world" but then buy or use products off the biggest corporations in the world.

Cheers mate, and no I did not read the entire thread from beginning. I chose not to quote your entire comment because I did not mean to direct my comment towards you specifically. But rather the general idea here that people claim their right to live as they choose, yet criticize others for doing the same thing.

I don't know if this Canary guy is a send up or what, but I enjoy his light-hearted posts. He does convey a sense of sincerity and enjoyment in his daily routine, no matter what others may think of his chosen lifestyle. A bit of an 'anti-christ' of TV posters in that he doesn't whinge and moan about everything, but rather expresses his enjoyment of his life in Thailand.

• Like 1

I also think he is a bit of a wind up merchant but there are shades of truth in his posts. Im just letting the people who might actually be thinking of coming over here and living like this that its not as easy as he makes it sound.

• Like 1

Viewers!

I don't really see what is wrong with my " hobbies & interests " I am just a non materialistic man enjoying a simple life doing the things i enjoy doing! I spend my days outdoors in the sun ( i couldn't spend all day indoors! ) I love walking ( out of choice ) I love train journeys ( out of choice as i find the roads uninteresting & dangerous ) and my bicycle ! i love the beach ( for the last 25 years! ) I love to socialize while strolling about and enjoy my photography too! I couldn't handle being in a " bar " ( just the thought makes me feel " twitchy " and i would get bored after just a few minutes! ) I love to cook and bake my own bread.I just love the Parks in Thailand (and there are some amazing ones too! ) I have been single for most of my life and did not come to Thailand for the women! ( i had years of that working as a holiday rep in Spain! ) The Thai ladies are beautiful and i enjoy chatting to them but i don't have much in common with most of them! ( apart from my interest in Temples and Buddha Meditation ) The biggest problem is i love being outside in the sun ( they do not ) I do not watch TV! ( they love it! ) i love train adventures ( most Thais do not! ) and many are way too materialistic for me! ( lol )

Many men cannot be alone for even 5 minutes but i have always lived alone ( and sometimes go off on adventures on my own or with a friend )

If you are living a life like myself then 100 baht a day is plenty to live on!

Have a nice day viewers!

Farang Jaidee wub.png

Nothing wrong with living your lifestyle if you like that. Beach, swimming, parks, walking & meditation.

But everyone here know that such a person would never live in Pattaya. And reports have reach us that you negotiate with the cheap girls and katoys every evening at the beach road..... ;)

Edited by larsjohnsson
  • Like 2

In Birdman's defense, If a person were to want to live on the cheap at least pattaya would provide free people watching amusement all day. But the beach well that's a different story. Pretty bad. Rock on Birdman, walk softly....having the flip flops resoled is costly.

• Like 1

Actually Pattaya has lots of great things to see and do! Its not all about " sex & booze " Pattaya & Jomtien beaches are dreadful I agree but further up the coast you can find some lovely bays with lovely rocks to sit on and watch the world go by..I am just home from a lovely afternoon on the beach,glorious weather sunshine all the way and not a cloud in the sky! The perfect way to spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun!

" tweet tweet " viewers......

F.J x

Actually Pattaya has lots of great things to see and do! Its not all about " sex & booze " Pattaya & Jomtien beaches are dreadful I agree but further up the coast you can find some lovely bays with lovely rocks to sit on and watch the world go by..I am just home from a lovely afternoon on the beach,glorious weather sunshine all the way and not a cloud in the sky! The perfect way to spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun!

F.J x

Dont you mean some lovely boys with lovely cocks to sit on?

Think I've sussed you out now mate.

tweet tweet, squawk, splutter, swallow passifier.gif

• Like 1

F.J x

yep, quite twisted you are........

F.J x

yep, quite twisted you are........

Perhaps, but not as twisted as the OP.

Hello Viewers!

Well to all our viewers " tuning in " from international waters ( outside of Thailand ) who are thinking of coming to live in Thailand and of course living on a 100 baht a day budget then my advice is to " Just do it ! " Life is so short so " education,qualifications and proper jobs ( with a shirt and tie ) are all " unimportant " in life! Just get out there and be happy and have a laugh! If you are low on funds ( i am also included..) then get yourself a job in Thailand.You really don't need much to live on as you can see from many " nice people " on Thai Visa ( " myself ".... ) But the best advice is to NOT wait until you are 65 years old! this is absolutely " bloody stupid " as not only is Thailand's farang community starting to look like " Gods waiting room " ... But also at 65 years and older you are quite simply " out of the game "( kind respect to all the old people or even if you do feel a bit old...) I moved abroad when i was 26 years old ( i am now 50 ) This morning when i went out for a morning stroll ( rather pleasant may i add ) i spotted one old farang who looked like " Albert Steptoe " and just made me realize how young i feel!

So just enjoy life while you are still young! Also if you do want to come to Thailand then remember that it has a wonderful " outdoor lifestyle " so don't waste it by sitting indoors all day ( like many farang ) get out and explore Thailand as it is a fab country with lovely (young) people!

Yeah good advice, but I think the old farang you saw would be a lot better off there than back in say the uk, stuck in some pokey council flat or even worse in a dismal old folks home!! lol.

Oh yeah, really great advice! , come out to Thailand and get a job and live on a 100 baht a day, really?

To me this nonsensical drivel translates to come to Thailand and be a bum, dodge immigration and work illegally as a teacher barely scrimping by on your meager earnings.

Be a burden on people from time to time when you actually need some money, ie if you suddenly fall sick or need an operation.

And as for Albert Steptoe, i bet he looks like that because he done his fair share of graft when he was younger and he can actually afford to live out here.

Like I said in my previous posts if your happy then good luck to you living on so little.

I for one would rather live on my 300, 000 baht per month budget because of the "unimportant" job I had wearing a suit and tie when I was younger.

well I would have thought a English teacher is not barely scrimping on at least 30000 baht!

Hello Viewers!

Well if bragging and fibbing makes you happy, then I have no doubt that you're happier than the birdman.

It has become clear from your other comments in this thread that you have no idea what a suit is, much less ever wore one

Hello Viewers!

Well if bragging and fibbing makes you happy, then I have no doubt that you're happier than the birdman.

It has become clear from your other comments in this thread that you have no idea what a suit is, much less ever wore one

Do I detect a little bit of Envy coming through??

I may not be a public school boy, but I assure you I know what a suit is but to be honest I haven't had to wear one for a while because I dont have to be involved in my businesses to much nowadays, I pay people to do that sort of thing for me

B)

Edited by bigjules007
  • Like 1

Yeah I agree with you.. Too many guys on here are like the guy I met a few years ago, who was telling me all about the two beautiful models he paid 1000 baht each a day just so he could go round bkk with one on each arm! And then after he had asked how much I had paid for a room, told me I had stayed in a shit-hole, and why did I stay in a shit-hole? He had no idea what my room was like, but just because I was not paying the same of money as him it had to be a shit-hole

• Like 1

I think some of our viewers are taking it all rather seriously.... Life really is about " fooling about and being a bit silly " ( 95 percent of our viewers seem to have " the personality of Micheal Myers " ( from those cool Halloween movies...)

" The Birdman is tweeting " Viewers.......

Have a splendid day all of you!

Farang Jaidee wub.png ( Living the dream on 100 baht a day ... )

• Like 1

Well all is going rather well with life on 100 baht a day on food viewers!

I am just off for a gentle stroll to the beach,to sit in the glorious sunshine i will eat " seasonal fruit " for lunch ( a kilo of bananas ) washed down with 1.5 L of drinking water ( served at room temperature ) and i shall be swimming in the sea throughout the afternoon and listening to some " seriously cool tunes " from " Jackie - The Album " ( based on that teenage ladies magazine from the 70's ...............wub.png

Are you " living the dream " Viewers..?

Farang jaidee ( jing jing )wai2.gif

I am just off for a gentle stroll to the beach,to sit in the glorious sunshine i will eat " seasonal fruit " for lunch ( a kilo of bananas ) washed down with 1.5 L of drinking water ( served at room temperature ) and i shall be swimming in the sea throughout the afternoon and listening to some " seriously cool tunes " from " Jackie - The Album " ( based on that teenage ladies magazine from the 70's ...............wub.png

Are you telling the truth this time? Or is it the same as you told us about "never worked a day in my life"

Do you buy your albums via iTunes/Amazon or do you download them illegally ? Would seem a bit tight to buy a whole album on your budget considering at 99 cents per tune you'd get to about 10 minutes worth of songs before that 100baht per day budget was completely blown!

for lunch ( a kilo of bananas ) washed down with 1.5 L of drinking water ( served at room temperature )

sooner or later somebody will kill you because he/she envies your extravagant and lavish life style! xohmy.png.pagespeed.ic.shABmucp9T.png

• Like 1

Think canarysun is a sandwich short of a picnic and its not because he's to tight to buy a sandwich, it's because hes crackers!!! And hes obviously enjoying trolling the more gullible TV members.

At least he's stopped tweeting

Maybe hes feeling a bit light headed due to all that gas he must be producing on that excellent diet of his.

TweetTweet, Squawk, Splutter,falls off perch.

Edited by bigjules007
  • Like 1