Foreign Couple caught on CCTV stealing Pick-up in North Pattaya

Rimmer

Foreign Couple caught on CCTV stealing Pick-up in North Pattaya

car-12.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday a couple, believed to be of foreign nationality, are believed to have stolen a parked pick-up which was left with the engine running by its driver.

The theft of the Toyota Hilux Pick-up took place close to the Highway 7 intersection with the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya. Khun Arty aged 30 is an IT Technician who was driving the vehicle which is owned by his employer, the First Eastern Supply Company, who ironically specialize in Security Solutions.

Khun Arty left the engine running while he went inside a commercial building on the Sukhumvit Road and CCTV shows a male and female, thought to be foreign nationals, walk up to the vehicle and drive off.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/147191/foreign-couple-caught-on-cctv-stealing-pick-up-in-north-pattaya/#sthash.6cSqBNka.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-27

• Like 2

A very bold move by the tourists, I simply can't understand why they do it.

The quality tourists Thailand really wants, I guess not.

"quality" tourists, I assume you mean people with lot of money, will choose Paris, London, Mikonos or any place where they get respect, good service, no "mai pen rai" attitude and real entertainment.

• Like 1

I missed the bit where it said they are tourists, is there a link to another page or something? Maybe they're retired foreigners?

• Like 1

In the UK I can understand why criminals steal cars because the punishment is a "slap on the wrist" by our pathetic Courts, but here, I wonder what the punishment would be? 6 months inside? Any ideas?

I can't see any specific reference to stealing cars in the Thai penal code (except where the victim is a farmer) but perhaps it comes under this provision

OFFENCE AGAINST PROPERTY CHAPTER 1 OFFENCE OF THEFT AND SNATCHING

Section 336 Whoever, commits theft by snatching in presence is said to commit snatching, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding five years and fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht. If the snatching causes bodily or mental harm to another person, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of two to seven years and fined of four thousand to fourteen thousand Baht.

http://www.thailandlawonline.com/laws-in-thailand/thailand-criminal-law-text-translation#334

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How do you know they are tourists? They could be ex-pats.

• Like 1

They picked THAT truck to steal? The camper in the back screams "please put me in jail!"

I cant remember how many times i left my keys in the motorbike,

Never a problem.

A couple of times concerned thais grabbed the keys and gave them to the guard at the BigC.

A very nice thing to do.

Poster #2 is correct. From my experience,

No problems with Thais,

but he forgot about those damned tourists.

Sorry this happend to you, my friend,

Hopefully karma will give you an easier path going forward.

In the UK I can understand why criminals steal cars because the punishment is a "slap on the wrist" by our pathetic Courts, but here, I wonder what the punishment would be? 6 months inside? Any ideas?

That's not the point. The point is that in the UK, a stolen pick up might be worth a couple of month's salary at best but in LOS, it could be 10 years wages.

Would you do 6 months inside for 10 years wages ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How do you know they are tourists? They could be ex-pats.

Could also be nomads, morphing with the IT side of the story............wink.png

Late for a border run because they couldn't afford an elite card? I don't know.

tongue.png

I was having lunch yesterday in Cape Panwa at an outside sea view restaurant, a pickup truck pulls up beside the restraunt in front of my view, the ding-dong thai driver leaves the engine running while he makes a delivery that takes at least 10 minutes, as I'm left to smell the truck fumes with no sea view. I see this kind of thing all the time in Thailand, very little to no courtesy to others.

............and you didn't steal it??? Good on ya mate!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gif