Chinese Tourist reports bag snatch in North Pattaya

Rimmer

Chinese Tourist reports bag snatch in North Pattaya

china-31.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday Night, a 46 year old Chinese Tourist, accompanied by his Thai Tour Guide, reported a bag snatch which occurred in North Pattaya.

Mr. Zhang Jua Dao was part of a small tour group led by Khun Sutidar. She had taken them to North Pattaya and while they were walking along the street, a motorbike, travelling against the flow of traffic, approached and a passenger on the bike leant over and snatched a bag from Mr. Dao.

Inside the bag was reportedly 4,400 Chinese Yuan, 22,000 Baht and the victim’s passport. Khun Sutidar explained that Mr. Dao is due to fly back to China on 28th September and he will now likely miss his flight

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/147186/chinese-tourist-reports-bag-snatch-in-north-pattaya/#sthash.bpmisGes.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-27

Inside the bag was reportedly 4,400 Chinese Yuan, 22,000 Baht and the victim’s passport.

Well at least that sounds like a reasonable claim. In many cases mentioned in the past reports of bag snatching from certain "victims" who happen to be out for a stroll at three in the morning along Beach Road, the claims sounded more like inventory lists at high end jewelers, currency dealers and Apple stores combined.

Although this type of story tends to attract humorous comments and/or the usual tsk-tsking from the self-appointed commentators on social decline, if you are traveling in a place with which you are unfamiliar and you either have things like money & passport stolen or lost, it really is a major downer. It can happen anywhere in the world and it does happen everywhere in the world, but we usually believe such things only happen to others. I hope he is looked after in the meantime and maybe he is able to rejoin his group.

Edited by Suradit69

It is unfortunately getting worse for every day ...

Sad that you have to be concerned when you are out alone late.

Tourist companies should now be giving out a simple one page multilingual handouts warning tourists of this potential danger and advising them not to wear gold jewellery and if possible not to carry bags or other valuables period, particularly late at night

• Like 1

Its almost a regular affair these days especially around north pattaya & jomtien. wondering whats stopping the Police to act on the prevention issue and arresting the criminals.

why always Chinese walks with bag and passport along?

I cannot tell you who by - and to whom - but a suggestion was made and designs were presented for a series of simple no-text warning stickers suggesting care to be taken for bags, wallets and jewellry etc. that were easy to understand for any nationality but these were viewed as scaring away tourism rather than helping and they were never adopted.

Sad logic, but that is the logic that prevailed.

Probably a Burmese thief. coffee1.gif

Pattaya is part of the tour for many Chinese. There are a few cities they travel to and for now, Pattaya is on the list. However, if you spend any time on the Chinese blogs or travel sites, I don't think it will last for too much longer. It's rare to read about Chinese who enjoyed Pattaya. Most of them like Chiang Mai and Pai, and the islands in the south, but think the rest of Thailand is a sewer full of "cheap women." You can read it for yourself, use Google chrome to translate the pages. I'd post some sites here but I don't want to get banned yet again for violating TV rules. facepalm.gif

Seems to chinese are copping it at the moment.

Yes, I wonder why that is.

Whether the hotels they use do not have in room safes or it is just in their nature to carry all of their valuables with them.

It is becoming so bad I think the police need to have adolescent round-ups like they do katoey round ups.

2 comments;

1) As a Thai tour guide, you would advise your client about hanging your bag in the traffic, we all know this, keep your bag to the inside.

2) Why all the chinese all of a sudden?

To answer the 2nd, awhile back it was reported that Thailand was aiming at increasing their numbers significantly. Be it, at the time when some had said they'll soon fall prey to the similar schemes and crookery that many a reader here know of. Too bad this happens.

It is unfortunately getting worse for every day ...

Sad that you have to be concerned when you are out alone late.

Seems he wasn't even alone, he was part of a guided tour group. I think the only defense is to be street smart, don't carry or wear anything that somebody can grab off of you.