Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

Lite Beer

Well the police were blaming social media for delaying the investigating... I strongly suggest that the same social media has the ability to turn Kho Tao into a ghost town...

I like this. The idea led me to speculate that there are going to be some very pissed off locals, who given their reported violent nature, may well seek recompense for lost revenue. If the real culprits are known, perhaps justice will prevail in the end, just not in the way it should.

Why anyone expects the RTP to be police amazes me. Mostly they are bullies, they are racketeers and corrupt. There can be very few who have risen to their rank on merit, therefore incompetence can be the only outcome.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting totally ridiculous!

Why cannot things be kept under wraps until there is something definite to say, backed up by something called 'evidence'?!!

Yep, I agree, this is why all the british media do not,or are not alowed forums on such cases until the case is resolved by a court of law.

To me, this whole situation looks more and more like an organised diversion campaign, leading to a big cover-up! Maybe some fall-guy(s) will be found to 'confess' for good money, but they will need eyes in their back... IMO it-is-not-possible that this is just 'incompetence' from the police (as there are some competent officers in the criminal police!), there-must-be more going on! The only alternative I'd see is that the local 'influential people' together with the Tao (and Surat) police have been 'messing' things up so systematically in the first hours, and days, after the murders, that no decent investigative work can be done anymore. But even then, that would be only a hunderd individuals or so, to shake and squeeze until some solid lead comes up, it is the will to do it that is cruelly missing, whatever whoever 'high-up' might tell about it! There are people above the Law in Thailand, when anybody would have had doubts about it, well, just look at this 'case' (I, like many on TV, know about quite some more alike in recent years)! Changes, reforms...?

A good post - this reflects how most civilised people feel about the events on Kho Tao - as a Thai i KNOW the mafia and the bribery and murder that goes on. I am as sickened as most foreigners are - and a good deal more than some according to the dismissive sick posts brushing it under the carpet that some have put on here!!

I find it interesting that you would side with foreigners regarding anything as your previous posts are not so empathetic...

Posted by love1012 on 2014-01-30 01:37:17 in Thailand News

Thailand that you see in your eyes is the tip of the iceberg that we Thais know - before you tell me to take care let me ask you - a red shirt a yellow shirt and a farang with views like ours - which other would the red shirt and the yellow shirt protect if they really had to make a choice. Your views on this site are like owning tickets for an event that has finished. You cannot and never will be part of this country - you cant own anything and you cant vote - you only pay us money that we laugh as we take - those are laws that EVERY Thai will never break!!

And there I was, so impressed to hear an intelligent local comment. Pity it turns out your motives are questionable.

• Like 1

Well the police were blaming social media for delaying the investigating... I strongly suggest that the same social media has the ability to turn Kho Tao into a ghost town...

I like this. The idea led me to speculate that there are going to be some very pissed off locals, who given their reported violent nature, may well seek recompense for lost revenue. If the real culprits are known, perhaps justice will prevail in the end, just not in the way it should.

Why anyone expects the RTP to be police amazes me. Mostly they are bullies, they are racketeers and corrupt. There can be very few who have risen to their rank on merit, therefore incompetence can be the only outcome.

• Like 2

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

Among the huge flow of info, counter-info, rumors, counter-rumors, I just would like to know how the Police and Government will deal with the above and the huge flow of inconsistencies and incompetence. Of course they try to cover up the whole mess and I really hope the international media will continue to pressurize Thailand to get tangible results.

The families must be absolutely devastated by the way the investigation is conducted. I really feel sorry for them. That's such a shame.

Thailand deserves to learn lessons in many areas. Unfortunately the high season is coming and the case will probably end unsolved (or a Burmese scapegoat). This is really disgusting.

The Prime Minister should order that the suspect "Mon" to have a DNA test. I believe all the migrant workers did not have the choice to refuse. Why would he? (Ah the THB 1million reward of course).

It would interesting if someone can keep track of ALL events, declarations since this horrific double murder. Just to show how inefficient the whole system is, just to expose the whole failure from top to bottom. I am sure some people keep very close track of all events. I hope it will be used to expose how Thailand can be dangerous.

I read that many Thais argue that this kind of tragedy happen in all countries and the judicial system is not perfect neither in other countries. Well, the point is that in Europe or the US the system might also suck sometimes. But in general it works. In Thailand it never work. And that's another blatant example.

We cannot expect Thailand to be at the same level as the US or Europe. But at least things should improve. Unfortuantely what I have seen in the last decade is that things do not improve in Thailand. It is only getting worse and worse every single day.

Lack of Police, Lack of Authority, Lack of Laws, Lack of Enforcement, Lack of Moral, just name it. We cannot put all on the account of the "Cultural Difference". Even in a different culture, some respect should be paid to the victims and their families. Obviously it is not the case here. Such a farce.

An accumulation of deficiencies that are more and more exploited, resulting in this kind of drama and many others

Just look at the carnage of the roads. It is getting worse every single year and nothing is done. Nothing. Same root causes.

All this in the name of what? Money? Frankly this is really insane.

Edited by toonsai

Laughable!! The dna dperm in the lady was asian. I suppose foreigner can mean anything these days.

Foreigner, to a Thai, is anyone not born in Thailand. (Kon dtaang chaat) roughly speaking.)

Farang, as we have been told endlessly on here already is a 'westerner' or person of 'western origin' not an Asian or African.

Which version of foreigner is the cop referring to?

I just wonder if the investigating police get's their news from China?

British police killed two tourists in Thailand beach .....

Read more on:

http://www.hostingenews.com/news-8857632.html

And we criticise the Thai/English press for translation issues? Love this bit from the Chinese:

In addition, the Thai Prime Minister Pakistan fertility has an inappropriate comment because he apologized on the case earlier this week when it comes to educating the Palestinian case, said:. '?. They wear a bikini, unless they can secure it is not pretty.' Pakistan Fertility this speech to apologize later.
  • Like 1

Now that they have Information from Key Witness that the Killer was a Foreigner....

Is it not time to open the "Doors" for an outside Police/Investigation Team?? I think so since they just unlocked it!

Those from the Police Force here have released this new information, So they have by admitting it was a Foreigner.... Opened the door for Immigration to be greated at the airport by a Highly Polished Team of Professional DNA Analyst's and Police Co-Workers.... If they are refused access to crime sceen and Samples. They will have an extremely difficult way trying to explain they finger pointing at a population of less than 1% and why they feel it is against the rights of Thai Citizens (and an imbarrassment) to be asked for DNA Sample?

If I was Thai... I would be first in line to prove that it wasn't me... As I would hope other Thai's would do to save Face in their Country and the Face of their Kingdom...

Don't the police know that all they have to do to get DNA and Fingerprint Samples is to offer each a small bottle of water... Then Bag it...?

I just wonder if the investigating police get's their news from China?

British police killed two tourists in Thailand beach .....

Read more on:

http://www.hostingenews.com/news-8857632.html

And we criticise the Thai/English press for translation issues? Love this bit from the Chinese:

In addition, the Thai Prime Minister Pakistan fertility has an inappropriate comment because he apologized on the case earlier this week when it comes to educating the Palestinian case, said:. '?. They wear a bikini, unless they can secure it is not pretty.' Pakistan Fertility this speech to apologize later.

Sometimes I worry the translation is perfect and it's actually mentalism.

Laughable!! The dna dperm in the lady was asian. I suppose foreigner can mean anything these days.

Foreigner, to a Thai, is anyone not born in Thailand. (Kon dtaang chaat) roughly speaking.)

Farang, as we have been told endlessly on here already is a 'westerner' or person of 'western origin' not an Asian or African.

The farang type... Otherwise they would have spewed out their country of origin.

Tourist (Guitarman) makes online accusation against member of influential family on the isalnd, who is then postively ID'd on CCTV legging it from area where crime happened a short while after it happened; he initially refuses to give a DNA sample, but when he does eventually give a sample, it doesn't match.... the whole investigation has been "knobbled" by this stage and I doubt the DNA taken from the semen has remained untampered with.

Did this "key witness" have night vision googles? I checked the weather report on that date and time and they said it was DARK.

It was dark, and the murder took place between two large rocks. The so-called witness couldn't possibly have seen that the atrocity was being carried out by non-Thai Asians unless he was just a few feet away, close enough to hear them speaking a foreign language. That would have almost made him a participant. And having supposedly witnessed such a horrific scene why didn't he go running up the street screaming for help? Why? Because he was never there.

• Like 2

Ok, so the guy in pink shirt is owner of AC Bar. His brother is the guy on the left on the other photos and also the guy recorded on the CCTV photo.

CCTV photo is not a 'guy'... get the perspective, angle, size of legs vs. arms, strength and posture. That is a child running. LOOK at height of child, in comparison to angle view and height of door handle...... pretty sure that's a stitched up kid...... running for life.

As for the other pics....... we know the answers.

For scale, the centre of the door knob should be 80-110 cm from ground level. The door frame seems to of 4 inch width, say 10 cm. Allowing for perspective and bent running leg, I'd put the runner's height at 160-180 cm. Also note that the hair seems to cover the ears.

The other photo of a guy exhibits rather narrow shoulders and thin arms. It could possibly be the same chap, but the running picture's not very clear. Some measurements at the scene of the running shot should clarify.

I'd further note that, judging from facial features (nose, mouth folds, other facial folds, lower ear lobes, facial hair), the two chaps in the bar photo could well be close relatives,

I am amazedhow good this witness fella's eyes were in being able to distinguish/eliminate whatever detail a Thai uses to be able to distinguish his kind, from all the other kinds of asian?

damn good eyes!!

Family would really like to meet him and thank him for not helping poor 2 people in their time of need

- that is, if he actually saw something, anything, or whatever it was he claims to have seen

he saw anything which they think will save tourism.

next thing will be to blame foreign Jihadists - 'cos it sure has brought terror down upon many

• Like 1

Many Koh Tao locals say they are convinced that whatever triggered the Britons' murders is likely to have taken place at the nightclub.

"We all believe that it started at AC Bar," one source said.

Rumours have circulated about a possible altercation at the AC Bar between the two victims and a group of Thai men.

However, Panya Mamen, the police chief, said interviews with Ms Witheridge's friends indicated there had been "no such confrontation".

Police are thought to be in possession of footage from security cameras inside the nightclub but it has not been made public

What about the foreigner, as far as I remember called the Guitar man, with blood on his shirt?

It's getting weirder and weirder.......

More here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11122966/Police-quiz-Thai-footballers-over-murder-of-British-backpackers.html

And the "friend'.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11113386/British-backpacker-describes-terror-after-Thai-mafia-death-threat.html

Edited by lostinisaan

People by and large don't realize just how far and how low Thais will go to fabricate a story, save face and save their butts.

It's quite obvious to anyone with any day to day knowledge of Thailand what is going on here; why the BIB said this, why the BIB said that, why the BIB played for time, why the crime scene was fouled, why the junta said whatever, what the headman's ploy was with his reward and alibis, why foreign social media was criticized etc etc ...yawn...

And we are all supposed to act dumb and soak up this nonsense like uneducated serfs living in a bygone age.

What to do? If the Thai authorities cannot face the truth, should this not be raised to an international rather than a domestic issue?

Although this was a great tragedy for the family, does it really rate as one of the world's great crisis that demands international investigation? What about all the Thais who die annually?
Where?

jb1

Thai worry about their own in their own way. Indifference.

We take care of our own in our own way. Compassion.

These two were special, because they really were going to do some good works in this world.

A senseless act that nobody can understand.

I am amazedhow good this witness fella's eyes were in being able to distinguish/eliminate whatever detail a Thai uses to be able to distinguish his kind, from all the other kinds of asian?

damn good eyes!!

Family would really like to meet him and thank him for not helping poor 2 people in their time of need

- that is, if he actually saw something, anything, or whatever it was he claims to have seen

he saw anything which they think will save tourism.

next thing will be to blame foreign Jihadists - 'cos it sure has brought terror down upon many

Police have released this photo e-fit of the witness . . .

Luna-Optics-LN-EM1-MS-Night-Vision-Monoc

The farang type... Otherwise they would have spewed out their country of origin.
They have already excluded the Asians (not Thais)? I thought that is the group they are focusing on now. Edited by Nickymaster

Did this "key witness" have night vision googles? I checked the weather report on that date and time and they said it was DARK.

It was dark, and the murder took place between two large rocks. The so-called witness couldn't possibly have seen that the atrocity was being carried out by non-Thai Asians unless he was just a few feet away, close enough to hear them speaking a foreign language. That would have almost made him a participant. And having supposedly witnessed such a horrific scene why didn't he go running up the street screaming for help? Why? Because he was never there.

Either that, or the witness was somewhere close by and saw the suspects coming from the direction where the killings happened. But that would mean the witness didn't see the actual murders take place, thus the headline shouldn't be "foreigner killed British tourists", but rather something like "a new eye-witness saw foreign men near the scene of the murder at XX am in the morning.".

Way or another, if the killer was in fact a foreigner (headline states only "killer", wasn't there supposed to be many, and how about the 2 Asian DNA samples found?), wouldn't you think that the eye-witness would have had guts to come out earlier than in what, 11 or 12 days after the events? He or she could had been a local hero for revealing foreign killer before or at the time when local families were suspected. And I'm sure local families would had been more than glad to provide the witness all protection he/her needed to toast out this foreign killer - assuming of course, that "the foreigner" isn't connected to the mafia itself.

This case is getting more and more confusing day by day. Well... at least the police's statements given to media are.

Edited by dealthedice