Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

Lite Beer

Now i have always thought there was one foreigner. But I suspect the story is the other way around.

Prison for rape is a few years at best.

Prison for murder is life without parole or death.

If i was a mother i would tell my son get down to that police station now if in first catergory.

Or get down the station and lie you were in the first category as fast as you can.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the guy in pink shirt is owner of AC Bar. His brother is the guy on the left on the other photos and also the guy recorded on the CCTV photo.

CCTV photo is not a 'guy'... get the perspective, angle, size of legs vs. arms, strength and posture. That is a child running. LOOK at height of child, in comparison to angle view and height of door handle...... pretty sure that's a stitched up kid...... running for life.

As for the other pics....... we know the answers.

• Like 1

What kind of a puppet show is this?

We have the suspect, arrest is imminent.... we have 85% of all investigation done.... now we know who did it.... we are hindered in our investigation by media and public.... public helped us find the suspect....suspect left the country already....suspect is in Bangkok... what the heck?

The incompetence of the police is unbelievable.

Maybe they should take an example what happened in Georgia and fire all police, all of them. And the hire only those able and willing ti do the job. This is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Sounds like they're setting up for a (hard-to-believe) story whereby she had consensual sex with two Asian men at some point earlier in the evening and then, while walking along the beach with David, was attacked by another foreigner. Of course, without going into unnecessary detail, there will likely be evidence as to whether the sex with the Asian males was consensual or not. But whether that information will see the light of day is a whole other matter. Quite amazing the different versions/stories that keep emerging around this tragedy...

That would wrap it all up rather neatly. For some.

jb1

People lie, DNA doesn't.

Are you sure? --facepalm.gif

The other key setback - perhaps the most vital one - was the police force's unsophisticated forensic technology and carelessness at the crime scene.

In addition to this, the Thai Institute of Forensic Medicine's inability to verify the DNA and narrow it down to race, hair and skin colour has certainly slowed down scientific evidence, which is crucial in such mysterious killings

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Investigation-into-Koh-Tao-murders-seriously-flawe-30244163.html

Edited by lostinisaan

Can u believe what a complete joke this is turning out to be.... I feel so sorry for their parents!!!

I can...... but I'd have preferred not to. Why wasn't a British police rep sent over? Their parents can't be more distraught at not receiving closure yet.

You clearly rate the British police more than the Brits !! They are constantly screwing up/apologising/paying compo/shooting the wrong people etc etc

Who said how I RATE such? I made a simple 'why wasn't there Brit police sent to assist'. Pls give me an example of 'CONSTANTLY' shooting the wrong people....... for one. Good Lord, What did you infer............ ??????

So the THIRD man was a farang..?

That would make a great title to a movie.

The Third Man.

I could think of a theme to go with that. Let's see....Harry........

BTW The guy running past the CCTV camera sure didn't look foreign to me.

The image is so blurred , how can you be sure? Maybe from a neighboring country? Difficult concept?

Ok, so the guy in pink shirt is owner of AC Bar. His brother is the guy on the left on the other photos and also the guy recorded on the CCTV photo.

CCTV photo is not a 'guy'... get the perspective, angle, size of legs vs. arms, strength and posture. That is a child running. LOOK at height of child, in comparison to angle view and height of door handle...... pretty sure that's a stitched up kid...... running for life.

Well that was what was reported in a certain paper that he was the man captured in the AC Bar's security camera's.

x9-27-2014-1-06-33-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg.p

doesn't he look happy and relieved now?

Right! He looks like a 5 year old a day before Christmas - patsy has no clue of what's coming, surprise guest witness has his/her island debts erased, officers get a nice pay raise, a promotion and some "presents", public has the much needed face to pin the atrocity on, and the world goes back to business as usual. Who wouldn't smile on such a "lucky day" except the families and friends of the unfortunate couple?

Edited by catweazle

Have you ever seen such total incompetence in all your life? First it's one then the other then someone else, then it's the bar owners son, or a cousin or we are nearly ready to make arrests, (nearly???), and then we are 85% there and now a 'foreigner' meaning I presume not Thai ( because Thai's couldn't possibly could they) . Do these people know the whole world is watching them act like complete fools? Can you imagine what the victims families are thinking and how they are suffering? Someone somewhere is going to get away with this. Do they really think the guilty are still on the island waiting to be arrested?

• Like 1

Well that was what was reported in a certain paper that he was the man captured in the AC Bar's security camera's.

A lot of things have been said .....

Perhaps it is time for British authorities to have a word with the Thai Ambassador, and let him know in no uncertain terms that they expect a better result.

Perhaps it is time for the British authorities to have a word with the local (British) policeforce!

The percentage of solved crimes in the UK is far from impressive!whistling.gif

Why don't you actually check on the % of murders solved in the UK before making comments that are based on nothing of fact.

• Like 2

Sounds like they're setting up for a (hard-to-believe) story whereby she had consensual sex with two Asian men at some point earlier in the evening and then, while walking along the beach with David, was attacked by another foreigner. Of course, without going into unnecessary detail, there will likely be evidence as to whether the sex with the Asian males was consensual or not. But whether that information will see the light of day is a whole other matter. Quite amazing the different versions/stories that keep emerging around this tragedy...

... indeed looks like you said and yes, pretty hard to believe as there was never mentioned the female victim had been blind or certifiably insane, if so it failed me!

Have you ever seen such total incompetence in all your life? First it's one then the other then someone else, then it's the bar owners son, or a cousin or we are nearly ready to make arrests, (nearly???), and then we are 85% there and now a 'foreigner' meaning I presume not Thai ( because Thai's couldn't possibly could they) . Do these people know the whole world is watching them act like complete fools? Can you imagine what the victims families are thinking and how they are suffering? Someone somewhere is going to get away with this. Do they really think the guilty are still on the island waiting to be arrested?

No, they are most likely on the island, partying every night as usual! Spoke to a friend of mine, who lived and worked on Koh Tao for several years in the past. He said that beheadings and violent murders are a "standard" occurence on this island. Often victims are Burmese because nobody cares about them, unwanted competitor's businesses go up in flames, from time to time a bullet finds it way into a skull of a competitor unwilling to close down or sell. One day a headless victim was dragged around the island to the peer attached with a rope to the rescue boat, while tourists were swimming on Koh Tao's beaches. If there's a place to avoid when travelling in Thailand, Kidney Bean it is!

Laughable!! The dna dperm in the lady was asian. I suppose foreigner can mean anything these days.

yes I agree with you, its just another way of saying it was not a Thai person, it could not be a white farang as the witness would say it was a farang, it could not be anybody of Thai Asian look, otherwise how could you possibly know it was a foreigner? and we all know how the police like to let the world know when it is not one of their own, so I guess as soon as the BIB have prepped this witness up with all the info they will need to say they are a witness, then and only then will they release the details as then the witness would have learned what to say when they say, it was a foreigner, There is pathetic, and then there is the Thai system, and the pathetic people who run that system,

Can u believe what a complete joke this is turning out to be.... I feel so sorry for their parents!!!

I can...... but I'd have preferred not to. Why wasn't a British police rep sent over? Their parents can't be more distraught at not receiving closure yet.

You clearly rate the British police more than the Brits !! They are constantly screwing up/apologising/paying compo/shooting the wrong people etc etc

There have been some cases of incompetence, and outright lying. But the offenders normally get prosecuted, and if guilty dismissed, fined and/or imprisoned. Not transferred to an inactive post. It's also a very small % of officers, not the norm.

Your choice of word "constantly" - so you will have no problems supplying statistics and links to all this?

• Like 1

If my mom is half white half asian, and my father is white, would I be "asian" as these dna tests suggested possible? There are plenty of "farang looking" people who still have mixed genes. So it could look like a farang but still have Asian genes. The use of the word "foreigner" and asian DNA complicates this because they are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

If its a foreigner gets fingered then im sure the story will be that it was consensual with the 2 asian men.

Win Win for them, The Thais come out smelling of roses, maybe even get the the perp to claim he had consensul sex and anything after that was nothing to do with him/them.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if the bar owners/bar owners familly suddenly start to remember.

Consensual sex with 2 locals, DNA suddenly matches, later on murdered by a Farang.

Case closed.

Maybe got one of the script writers in from the awful soaps.

No comment today, except I sense we are in the endgame, the outcome of which will either be climatic or fizzle out as unsolved...

I guess you are right Stephen. They can see the media interest waning. They've simply talked and talked with story after story. All designed to confuse, divert and allow nothing to go anywhere.

Give it a few more days and it will be a murder "by person or persons unknown". They won't bother fitting some poor sod up as that would mean a trial and attract press coverage.

I suspect many on the island and in the police know exactly who did this and how/what/why it was done. That information will simply be buried and rot away.

• Like 1

Perhaps it is time for British authorities to have a word with the Thai Ambassador, and let him know in no uncertain terms that they expect a better result.

Perhaps it is time for the British authorities to have a word with the local (British) policeforce!

The percentage of solved crimes in the UK is far from impressive!whistling.gif

Why don't you actually check on the % of murders solved in the UK before making comments that are based on nothing of fact.

I would say the UK has a high % rate of solving murders, compared to the Thai government that has not far of a % considering Thai government say people don't usually get murdered in Thailand, they either commit suicide or die of some bad event, hence why they close their cases so quickly, its easier for them that way, and looks good for Thailand