Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

Lite Beer

With every new "development" my heart sinks a little more. I've never followed a crime quite so avidly before and it is having a profound effect on how I look at Thailand as a whole. I came to Thailand about 10 years ago because I loved it and wanted to live here, now I'm sick of it and can't wait to leave (next month with my Thai wife and daughter). Something has shifted here in the last 5 years or so, even Thais feel this. This is not the happy-smiley country it once was and it's getting uglier by the day. I personally won't be sorry to leave. This murder case has really been the last straw for me. It really is an appalling state of affairs. It just makes me depressed now.

I was first here about 18 years ago and within a few months was a witness to a murder that was covered

up, then I didn't know of Thailand's reputation of covering up murders and I asked around the hotel where

the crime had taken place, and all the thai staff stuck to the same story "suicide" when I asked in a local

bar the staff were more honest and contradicted the hotel staff and remarked no not suicidal.

after checking the entrance to the shaft that this girl had allegedly thrown herself from it was obvious she

could not have done this alone.

I realised the hotel staff were probably concerned for their jobs with bad publicity ect, but even then I was

shocked and I have regretted not doing more at the time, and not a month goes by without me feeling I

could of done more.

people on koh tao will have a very good idea who was in the beach area at that time, Thailand needs to

do more, come on pm/general big boss you have got to do more.

I have been here a while now but I have told my kids do not come to Thailand,

whether I continue to stay here I'm not certain yet, but I don't want to live somewhere were there is no

justice, no shame.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't take any more of these big fat lies. First the FBI was called in...then fired. This is the biggest cover up in the history of man. Every Thai Police General should be given lie detector tests. Each one who fails gets the death penalty as a Co conspirator.

I have been coming to Thailand for 23 yrs-I will never come here again. I will also be sure to treat Thai people in my country in the same way as foreigners are treated here and I will incite all my friends to do the same

What about the vast majority of foreigners who are treated very well? Silly over-reactions and generalisations don't help. No one is forced to visit Thailand.

There was DNA from several asian mens semen found but a forieghner is now accused of the murder. The plot thickens, this just keeps getting more twisted. Sounds like they are clutching at straws

Any Asian who is not from Thailand is a foreigner.Is that so hard to grasp?

• Like 2

What has puzzled me from the off was if a local connected mafia type or types had done it why wouldn't they have got a boat from somewhere which is surely not difficult on the islands - weighed the bodies down and buried them far off at sea. Then we would just have two farangs missing who could possibly have gone swimming late at night , possibly drunk and got dragged out into the ocean. The crime scene wouldn't require much cleaning and mostly nobody would have been any the wiser.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

I can't take any more of these big fat lies. First the FBI was called in...then fired. This is the biggest cover up in the history of man. Every Thai Police General should be given lie detector tests. Each one who fails gets the death penalty as a Co conspirator.

Sir, you are clearly a loony or a troll of the first degree.

• Like 1

Am I missing something here.... The date of the news report is the 23rd. It is old news .... And ?

Same question asked and answered about 20 times already on this very thread!!rolleyes.gif

Next time, before hitting the keyboard, try to read some of the previous posts!!

• Like 2

Sir, you are clearly a loony or a troll of the first degree.
No sir, I am an educated adult that does not like being lied to by police generals that are supposed to protect people and not criminals. Your post is adding nothing. My post is what a forum is about. To discuss the OP.

When does the corruption stop?

• Like 2

Why no "witness" until now?

Maybe because if a "witness" had been produced before all the possible "evidence" was examined and other real witnesses had a chance to come forward, then the current "witness's" story stood a chance of conflicting with other evidence or witnesses.

Now that "85%" of the evidence has been processed and no other real witnesses have come forward, the current "witness's" story can be shaped to conform with the evidence that has been collected.

Just a theory.

Like I always say...Better........................Butter for the biscuits.

I feel really sorry for the families of the victims.

A tragedy on top of a tragedy. Come you coppers you have basically bungles this investigation from the beginning and are only making it worse

especially for the families of the victims.

How can they ever find justice and closure for their loved ones!

How can you guys (the cops) ever live this down. Talk about broken faces!!!

Edited by MILT
  • Like 1

This guy is just beyond belief. I feel sick for the families who are also hearing the crap this guys spouts on a daily basis.

What are the bloody British Embassy doing, why are they not speaking out publicly? This has been a farce from day one and it seems very clear they are not going to charge anyone. As far as the RTP seem to be concerned they have muddied the waters sufficiently (85% complete) that they can happily give up in the coming days.

• Like 1

If we were writing a screenplay, It would go something like this.

Farang sees nice looking girl & is attracted to her. She only teases him and then pushes him away. Later on the beach he sees her making it with 2 local guys.

He hides & watches them. He is too scared to come out until after the 2 locals leave, when he decides to confront the girl & try to get some for himself. Then victim No.2 comes along and sees what is happening and a fight breaks out. Farang kills both of them, flees back to his bar, where the staff help him to clean up. Next few days he starts to panic and concocts a story to put the heat on some locals, in order to help him escape.

It takes little imagination to think something like that up. If you want to let fly with thoughts, there are 100,000 scenarios. Sorry, NoBrainer, your scenario doesn't even get to first base.

With every new "development" my heart sinks a little more. I've never followed a crime quite so avidly before and it is having a profound effect on how I look at Thailand as a whole. I came to Thailand about 10 years ago because I loved it and wanted to live here, now I'm sick of it and can't wait to leave (next month with my Thai wife and daughter). Something has shifted here in the last 5 years or so, even Thais feel this. This is not the happy-smiley country it once was and it's getting uglier by the day. I personally won't be sorry to leave. This murder case has really been the last straw for me. It really is an appalling state of affairs. It just makes me depressed now.

Have you considered that the reason you find this so distressing is not because of the atrocity itself, but rather because you have been exposed to the vitriol of so many people with their own agenda, hubris and ego their main concern - not, as they profess with hysterical outrage, knowing anything. This is the modern world where everyone thinks it is their right to say anything, no matter how inaccurate, damning and plain spiteful.

So yes, I am also disgusted with this horrible crime, but unlike you I do not find this indicative of Thailand, nor Thai people. Whoever committed the crime is sick, and I truly hope justice is eventually served. But I am not going to be melodramatically screaming for results when many, many murder cases are never solved, or are solved years later.

This forum is just a platform for sick wannabees lately... Learn some respect.

Disgusted with this horrible crime-yes

Disgusted for the performance of RTP-yes

Disgusted for the frame and cover up-yes

Respect for thais-Not at all

Can I ask the lynch-mob here to halt their horses for a minute please??

What if the barowners and their families had absolutely nothing to do with the murders whatsoever?

Their lives and livelyhood are spoiled forever, because they have been tried and found quilty by social media. Quite scary really!sad.png

This is not a question about if the are good persons or not (probably not), but IF they are not involved, I feel sorry for them.