raro's Fast Food Heaven has opened!

rarosFFH

and funny it is, this "pattaya golf" driving range has been bulldozered away years ago.

so let's try a little description......

You are coming from Lake Mabprachan. Drive down SSCC until you reach the intersection with the traffic lights and a 7/11 on your right. Turn left. Another 100 m or so is our shop on your left.

You are coming from Soi Nern Plub Wan / Khao Noi / further South. Drive Soi NPW all the way up to the end and turn right at the temple. Go straight across SSCC and another 100 m or so is our shop on your left.

You are coming from SSCC further towards Sukhumvit. Drive up towards the lake, and at the intersection with the traffic lights and the Mini Tesco on your left you turn right. Another 100 m or so is our shop on your left.

You are coming from Soi Chayapoon Witthi. Find the intersection where you can go to the Crocodile Farm. Turn into the opposite direction. Our shop is to your right about 100 m before you reach SSCC.

If you're coming from Esmeraldas, Ecuador, start digging a hole vertically into the ground. Keep going until you see sunlight again and our shop is right in front of you.

• Like 1

and funny it is, this "pattaya golf" driving range has been bulldozered away years ago.

so let's try a little description......

You are coming from Lake Mabprachan. Drive down SSCC until you reach the intersection with the traffic lights and a 7/11 on your right. Turn left. Another 100 m or so is our shop on your left.

You are coming from Soi Nern Plub Wan / Khao Noi / further South. Drive Soi NPW all the way up to the end and turn right at the temple. Go straight across SSCC and another 100 m or so is our shop on your left.

You are coming from SSCC further towards Sukhumvit. Drive up towards the lake, and at the intersection with the traffic lights and the Mini Tesco on your left you turn right. Another 100 m or so is our shop on your left.

You are coming from Soi Chayapoon Witthi. Find the intersection where you can go to the Crocodile Farm. Turn into the opposite direction. Our shop is to your right about 100 m before you reach SSCC.

If you're coming from Esmeraldas, Ecuador, start digging a hole vertically into the ground. Keep going until you see sunlight again and our shop is right in front of you.

I think you getting your lefts and rights mixed up in the first 3 examples...maybe too much smoke from burger cooking.

Anyway you need to review your instructions.

• Like 1

Google Maps link, please?

The link works, will test later whether you need the Facebook account. In these modern days we somehow presume that everybody has one..

Nope, not in this life...tongue.png

Can't stand Facebook links, never give any real information just a load of boring photo's.

I understand someone came for a Döner Kebab yesterday and left disappointed as we don't have them yet.

My apologies, but we need a bit broader customer base to start this. The Kebab is at least 5 kg, which means about 50 portions. If you cannot sell this within a day, you have a lot of kebab sandwiches the next day...and the day after...and the day after and at some point you need a rather large freezer to combat wastage...

The Döners will come, but before that please enjoy our burgers, sandwiches and sausages!

We are open from 10:30 in the morning until midnight. Every day.

One things for sure - I never thought I would break out laughing aloud when reading some driving directions. They really are a hoot!, especially the bit where Raro says:

'Yeah... Just realised that... So swap Right for left and that's where we are...

This direction business is a nightmare. I've been trying for 5 months to figure out how to get my bar posted on Google maps and still haven't succeeded.

Anyway, in the next day or so i will go to Raro's then check the coordinates from my GPS sim that is buried inside my pick up dashboard , and then post them here.

That's what I did for my own bar, as it seems to be the only way to get them right.....

I have a question for Raro, is the beef burger made with Thai beef or Australian beef? Thanks for you response.

my question: "is fresh hot badger milk served?" huh.png

Yes, but you have to bring your own and they will warm it up for free ;)

• Like 1

I fancy a hamburger while watching the All Blacks beat Argentina. Let's test Mr Raro's offering and see if it measures up to the famous greasy Greek burgers of South Maroubra. The benchmark of burgers - lots of fried onion, tomato, and pineapple, and beetroot. You're on notice, my friend. I shall be there in 15 minutes.

The good thing about questionable driving instruction to find a place is, you have to search longer. Ergo, when you finally get there you are more hungry. Therefore you will buy more food.

Its all marketing guys facepalm.gif

Busted :-D

Yep, and then it's a couple of km up sscc. At the intersection with the traffic lights (with mini tesco, 7/11 and mityont motorcycle) you turn left. On your left hand side after about 100 metres.

OK, Had a takeaway from Raro's this evening.....

Cheese burger and fries.....

My comments:

Food - have to say i'm impressed - The burger was very flavorsome (had it with Raro sauce). and the "chunky" fries were cooked perfectly and tasted very good - i'd give it 8.5 / 10...

Staff - really nice and friendly....Asked where we'd heard about the place...when i said "Thai Visa", was asked what my user name was......Also given a flyer with the phone number on, so we could phone ahead with our order next time - Asked for a takeaway menu, but "not printed yet"...

One thing - there were 5 (yes FIVE) street dogs hanging around in front of your place...i felt very uncomfortable walking out with my food, worried that one or more might attack me to get hold of my tucker....

If it were my place, i'd be wanting to discourage them from congregating there............

Overall - Great food, great staff and just down the road from my place.........

Thanks for the nice comments! Just read it to the girls and they like to convey their best regards!

Both of them are married to moderators (one is my wife...), hence their familiarity with Thaivisa.

Dogs : Yeah. A problem. At first, the staff has strict instructions not to feed them whatsoever, not even on the other side of the road. I'd like to get rid of them but hear already the doggie saver brigade coming after me.

From the customers' reaction it was like... Oh you have nice dogs around to I won't enter until those beasts are gone.

Difficult.... I think I want to get rid of them, just no idea how.

I fancy a hamburger while watching the All Blacks beat Argentina. Let's test Mr Raro's offering and see if it measures up to the famous greasy Greek burgers of South Maroubra. The benchmark of burgers - lots of fried onion, tomato, and pineapple, and beetroot. You're on notice, my friend. I shall be there in 15 minutes.

I have no idea how they make their burgers over there, but we don't have the fried onions yet. If you negotiate with the girls nicely they could open a jar of granny salmon's pickled beetroot from the retail fridge.

B)

Well that was certainly worth putting on a shirt and driving over. Standard beef burger with extra cheese was 160 baht. All round good burger with a nice tangy sauce, which I like (though I'd prefer a healthy dollop of garlic in it). Patty was perfect - the only better one I've tasted locally was made by myself with a bit of merguez spice in it. :) Didn't try anything else - next time. Your staff are cool, Mr Raro, friendly touch makes it nice. I think you might want to relocate those dogs, though - bit of a worry with that young girl (your daughter?) running around there. Catch up with you sometime.

From the customers' reaction it was like... Oh you have nice dogs around to I won't enter until those beasts are gone.

Difficult.... I think I want to get rid of them, just no idea how.

I have been getting pretty good with my airsoft 'Glock' inasmuch as the pigeons have stopped shitting all over my patio and buggered off.

I can do a drive by job before you open if you like.

Still noy figured out the location.... left to right directions based around a 7-11 are a bit ambiguous!

Is the tesco lotus the one where every shop and the market are merged in one?

Not sure if it is just my phone but those google maps links wont let me get out of street view and into map mode.

Will be down when I know where to go!