Most people happy with the junta

Lite Beer

I think the Junta is doing a good job given the task they are up against.

Having said that... If the rape and murder of the Two Brits on Koh Toa is not sorted out correctly everything the PM (General) has done to this point will mean nothing to most farang and many people around the world.

DNA test all people who were within the 600 meters ( set by your government) of the crime scene no matter what position they hold, police, governor, gardner, labor etc ....

We all know that " you are only as good as your last job" . It don't matter what you have done before as you are judged by your last actions.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If PTP supporters say that the government isn't performing well ONLY because they don't think they should be there, they're not being very honest, are they?

It's what people do. Do you really think that all the swivel-eyed spittle-flecked Red-hating loons on this board were making cold, rational, informed judgments on the performance of Yingluck when they produced page after page after page of their nonsensical drivel, or do you think they were motivated by the fact that they just hate Thaksin and everything to do with him? I'll help you out here because an awful lot of people who post on Thaivisa are going to have difficulties with this. It's the latter. People are tribal, a fact which is revealed not just by a great deal of research but also very, very, very, very clearly by both the Red and the Yellow media.

You can't really believe that there was nothing worthy of criticism in the Yingluk government?

Yes, some actually do believe that, it's common amongst the bug-eyed, mouth-foaming, Red-loving lunatics.

.................."Yes, some actually do believe that, it's common amongst the bug-eyed, mouth-foaming, Red-loving lunatics.".................

Gee, I hope I was right when I said that the majority of red fans who post on TVF were paid to publish that garbage. Would hate to think I was living in the same country as people who actually believe the Shins regime and the Thai Rouge are good and honest organizations.

I am not surprised that most people were happy with the junta since it took over. I like to conduct my own opinion polls and ask the people who matter, the everyday Thai people who are most affected by the government of the day. Most of the people I have spoken to seem to appreciate the fact that the red killings have stopped and the rice farmers have been paid. This censorship business that red fans crap on about is non-existant to most Thai people.

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

Dusit Poll of Rajabhat University. For some reason I'm a little concerned about the credibility of this poll.

Are you OK with Dusit polls when they match your expectations? Or is it all Dusit polls you have a problem with?

"Are you OK with Dusit polls when they match your expectations?" No.

"Or is it all Dusit polls you have a problem with?" No.

I never trust a poll conducted in a country under martial law with censorship.

Even under more benign circumstances, it's a lot easier to conduct an inaccurate, biased poll than an accurate, unbiased poll (post #16 gives an accurate illustration of one method to first determine the 'correct' poll result then design a poll to arrive at this result, but there are many others). That's why I only trust polls conducted by established companies in the business of polling; companies that have a reputation to maintain and that publish not only poll results but the poll itself, how participants were selected, and how the results were analyzed. How many polls in Thailand fit that description?

Suan Dusit IS an established pollster that has been conducting polls for many years.

Companies that are paid to poll are in the business of producing the results of who ever is paying them for the poll.

Maybe you should actually look for the source of the poll results rather than base your comments on a small report in a newspaper.

http://dusitpoll.dusit.ac.th/polldata/2557/25571411783417.pdf

• Like 1

How many were too scared to take part in this poll? Little to no point in having a poll if people are too scared to answer, clearly it will say only 1 thing.

You can't read, or do not believe what you read?

1626 people of which 53% + approve of what is going on disagree with you.

So, about 46% who do not support the new system were not afraid to answer.....understand?

I am also pleased with the effort to get the country on a better track.

where do you get that from the figures????? - 53.6% - Quite satisfied.

- 39% - Very Satisfied

(92.6, not 91.6)

- 6% - Not satisfied (social problems)

- 2% - Unsatisfied (too much power)

I think the Junta is doing a good job given the task they are up against.

Having said that... If the rape and murder of the Two Brits on Koh Toa is not sorted out correctly everything the PM (General) has done to this point will mean nothing to most farang and many people around the world.

We all know that " you are only as good as your last job" . It don't matter what you have done before as you are judged by your last actions.

I would agree that many Westerners are so ethnocentric as to be only interested in two Western victims of a violent crime than they are an entire Asian country being victim to corruption and lawlessness.

I think we can be sure this will not be reported by Jonathan Head on the BBC.

The same as the Western media doesn't bother to report on the 99% "landslide" poll results of the likes of Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong-un.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think we can discount Saddam Hussein, he's gone into hiding, but the western media are always interested in the democratic free elections that are held in Zimbabwe.

• Like 1

Whether you like or not Shinawatras were democratically elected, fair and square, so funny to see farangs calling them dictators.

Quite a few dictators were initially elected. After they were elected, they started making changes to laws and putting family members into important positions.

Thaksin was showing a few of those traits when he was in power.

• Like 2

Whether you like or not Shinawatras were democratically elected, fair and square, so funny to see farangs calling them dictators.

Are you not aware how many dictators were 'democratically elected". The term refers to their actions AFTER they are installed in government.

Do you know of even one democracy where a fugitive criminal is allowed access to cabinet meetings? That is leaving alone the belief of many that he gave the orders to his clone and puppets.

• Like 2

Dusit Poll of Rajabhat University. For some reason I'm a little concerned about the credibility of this poll.

Are you OK with Dusit polls when they match your expectations? Or is it all Dusit polls you have a problem with?

"Are you OK with Dusit polls when they match your expectations?" No.

"Or is it all Dusit polls you have a problem with?" No.

I never trust a poll conducted in a country under martial law with censorship.

Even under more benign circumstances, it's a lot easier to conduct an inaccurate, biased poll than an accurate, unbiased poll (post #16 gives an accurate illustration of one method to first determine the 'correct' poll result then design a poll to arrive at this result, but there are many others). That's why I only trust polls conducted by established companies in the business of polling; companies that have a reputation to maintain and that publish not only poll results but the poll itself, how participants were selected, and how the results were analyzed. How many polls in Thailand fit that description?

I doubt if I ever saw a poll that went against the Shin regime when they were in power. Were polls even allowed back then ? Real polls I mean, not Shin organized polls.

Only the most foolish of fools could put forward an argument that there was greater censorship and suppression of free speech under the Shinawatras than there currently is.

• Like 2

Only the most foolish of fools could put forward an argument that there was greater censorship and suppression of free speech under the Shinawatras than there currently is.

So you don't place much weight on those routinely being intimidated and killed by Shin supporters?

• Like 1

So you don't place much weight on those routinely being intimidated and killed by Shin supporters?

Wow, first time I ever heard about this Shin death camp! Where is it?

I place a lot of weight on the fact the number of television channels I can watch has greatly diminished since Ms Yingluck was shown the door.

As for your fanciful claims of routine intimidation and murder....... they're no more than farcical propaganda from an obvious junta kool aid drinker.

• Like 1

In 2011 a "global happiness index" survey released by North Korea's Chosun Central Television awarded China 100 out of 100 possible points, making it "the happiest place on earth." North Korea reportedly coming in second with 98 points, followed by Cuba, Iran and Venezuela. The lowest marks are said to have gone to South Korea with 18 points to come in at 152, while the United States came in dead last with a score of three points to come in at 203.

So much for the usefullness of surveys.

Are you not aware how many dictators were 'democratically elected". The term refers to their actions AFTER they are installed in government.

Do you know of even one democracy where a fugitive criminal is allowed access to cabinet meetings? That is leaving alone the belief of many that he gave the orders to his clone and puppets.

I believe Hitler was the only democratically elected dictator.

He's the only example out of thousands.

I can assure you even today Thaksin has a higher approval rating than this junta govt. People are scared to admit it tho, you'll see it in the upcoming elections, but I doubt there will be one in a long time.

Edited by Lukecan

I can assure you even today Thaksin has a higher approval rating than this junta govt. People are scared to admit it tho, you'll see it in the upcoming elections, but I doubt there will be one in a long time.

Do you really think that? I don't doubt your validity but that is quite different from what I have been informed by my wife and her family--who are rice farmers and one-time Thaksin supporters.

• Like 2

I believe Hitler was the only democratically elected dictator.

He's the only example out of thousands.

hitler - for what it is worth - did not attain the presidency and chancellorship through a democratic process. Yes, he did run in elections and even managed to win some, but the german people never handed him his ultimately attained 'complete power' - that was organized through backroom deals. Once he had the power he needed, he dissolved/banned key opposition parties and from that point on was able to 'win' elections outright.

So I guess, you could say that he is not even "one out of thousands".

"Fair and square" = by people whose vote s were openly bought with cash before and on polling day. Saw it with my own eyes, in front of voting officials and BIB. The people whose votes were bought were simply broke and down trodden and accepted the money due to circumstance.

I've notice that a lot of TV members applaud the "crackdowns" and "clean-ups" of popular tourist areas on one hand, while on the other bemoan the junta.

I for one think the general and cabinet are doing their best to restore some credibility and stability to the kingdom. Of course some people will complain and say "it's just not democratic". Maybe not, but democracy hadn't worked for such a long time something needed to be done.

If I am ever to see the general, I'll definitely shake his hand and tell him well done.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Until the next free and fair election, Thailand is in for more corruption, not less.

These are facts proven time and time again in the course of human history.

how many junta,s have ended in happiness, most of the population dont read so cant make an informed opinion.

So a person can not form their opinion on their own personal experience and circumstance?

Most of the population can't read? Really? According to the UNESCO Institute for Statistics literacy rates for Thailand are 93.5 % for adults and 98.1% for youth. Thailand's literacy rate is in the highest band.

"Fair and square" = by people whose vote s were openly bought with cash before and on polling day. Saw it with my own eyes, in front of voting officials and BIB. The people whose votes were bought were simply broke and down trodden and accepted the money due to circumstance.

I've notice that a lot of TV members applaud the "crackdowns" and "clean-ups" of popular tourist areas on one hand, while on the other bemoan the junta.

I for one think the general and cabinet are doing their best to restore some credibility and stability to the kingdom. Of course some people will complain and say "it's just not democratic". Maybe not, but democracy hadn't worked for such a long time something needed to be done.

If I am ever to see the general, I'll definitely shake his hand and tell him well done.

Well said Unky Dozer.

It is getting boring now hearing the same old rubbish over and over again, like "democratically elected, fair and square".

I spent a lot of time reading up about the principles of democracy and I cannot recall seeing anything about it being within the rules to pay people cash to vote for them. Must have missed that bit.

I am happy with the Junta and I think the General has accomplished quite alot in a short time.

Many of the complaints from TV members have been amongst those accomplishments.

Its great to have an interim PM that is actually concerned for the Country of Thailand more than his and his cronies' wallets.

Once I see Thailands dreadful road fatalities decrease by at least 50%, I will be happy with the Junta, and please don't say that is asking too much. It's mostly a matter of getting the BiB off their asses.

• Like 1

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Until the next free and fair election, Thailand is in for more corruption, not less.

These are facts proven time and time again in the course of human history.

My wife's family in Surin cannot wait for the next "free and fair election". They just love that cash windfall to vote for their beloved Shin party, whatever it will be called next time around. There have been so many of them banned for fraud it is hard to keep up with them.